C79: 4th Power

The Endless War

 

Over the next few nights, Yoon Mi found it hard to sleep. Strange dreams plagued her but it wasn't like how it was with the cursed ring. It was as if the dreams were trying to tell her something but she just couldn't understand what.
 
Discussing it with DaeHyun and YoungJae in the library, the latter asked her to describe the dream in detail. Tapping her chin in thought, "it's always the same. I was walking about in one of the gardens at the back."
 
"Was it day or night?" YoungJae questioned further as they walked about the place. 
 
"Daytime" She looked at him curiously, wondering how much more details he needed. Humming in thought, he looked at her for a few seconds before abruptly shoving her at a window with sunlight streaming in.
 
"There's your answer" YoungJae said flatly when nothing happened. Almost immediately, DaeHyun delivered a hard smack to the back of his head which made him yelp out in pain.
 
"What was that for!" YoungJae put his hand to the back of his head, nursing the stinging and throbbing feeling. "That was for giving me a heart attack!" DaeHyun ripped off his mask and said loudly. 
 
"Sheesh, so protective" the other muttered. "Would you just look at her, your girl is alright."
 
Both of them stared at Yoon Mi who in turn was looking at her skin in awe as she stood in the sunlight, not believing what was happening right now. She was actually standing in sunlight! Letting out a sigh of relief that she didn't have to stress about it anymore. Her last power wasn't useless after all!
 
A minute later, DaeHyun found himself under YoungJae's scrutinizing gaze. "W-why are you looking at me like that?" He said not liking that unsettling look in his eyes. Watching him walk over, placing a hand on his shoulder. DaeHyun yelped when he was suddenly shoved in Yoon Mi's direction.
 
"I knew it" YoungJae had on a smug expression. "Since her blood is in you, sunlight doesn't affect you either." He continued on explaining. Unaware of how furious DaeHyun was and how much he wanted to strangle the smartass.
 
Moving over to Yoon Mi, YoungJae slid his arm around her and asked about how she felt of today's discovery, slyly making use of her as a shield from his friend's fury. Innocently answering back and even giving him a hug to thank him, DaeHyun scowled, silently swearing that he would get the smartass later.
 
"I'll talk to you later" YoungJae rolled his eyes, understanding the seething look that was coming from his friend. 
 
"You'd better. I swear I'm going to hunt you down later" DaeHyun narrowed his eyes on him. Walking away from the window, it felt strange to be under sunlight but not getting burnt by it. The added warmth that came from the light made him feel like he was generating that heat and it wasn't simply coming from an external source. 
 
Pulling Yoon Mi away from the windows, the girl was still in awe and fascination as she stared at her own skin. "Sunlight feels amazing, it almost feels magical DaeHyun. I'm not dreaming am I?" She looked up at him with a dazed expression. 
 
A yelp of pain left her lips when he pinched her in response. "If you feel pain the I guess it's not a dream" He shrugged innocently which annoyed her.
 
"This last power you have needs to be a secret Yoon Mi" DaeHyun instructed her sternly. Thoughts about how this last power of hers was so desirable to all vampires both good and bad gave him a headache. His power of healing was trouble enough, he didn't really want to think about how people would be itching to harvest power gems from her or sell her blood in the black market. Not to mention her blood would make anyone who consumed it stronger... This was clearly a recipe for disaster.
 
Wanting to refuse and use this amazing gift openly, Yoon Mi kept quiet when she saw DaeHyun's troubled expression. She had a rough feel about what he was on his mind from their bond and decided to remain silent.
 
A heavy sigh left her lips as she walked away from the window and retreated further into the library. Yoon Mi understood where he was coming from and his worries but sometimes it was difficult to rewire the pampered child in her. Thinking about what was best for her own self between what was best for everyone around her was a pain. Half the times what was best for our own self wasn't the best for everyone around us. Along with how what was best for everyone wouldn't be the best for her. 
 
Taking a seat in the armchair, she brought her knees up to her chest and put her arms around them. Closing her eyes so that she wouldn't see the sunlight streaming in. It was hard watching something that she was able to but couldn't enjoy. 
 
DaeHyun sighed as he watched how sad she became and curling herself up into a ball as she sat in the armchair, it made him sad to see her like this and he hated how there wasn't much he could do to help her. 
 
Or is there?
 
He smirked, keeping his thoughts to himself and walked over to Yoon Mi. Reaching out to hold her hand, he slowly slid off the ring that had their power gems in it and put it on the chair's armrest. Lifting her head off her knees, she looked at him in confusion and wondered what on earth he was doing until she caught a glimpse of his eyes. 
 
They were an intense chocolate brown and she gulped nervously at the look he was giving her. "D-DaeHyun?" She whispered, looking lost as their bond told her nothing and she began to forget about what was previously occupying her mind.
 
"I know you feel sad that you can't use your powers but you know why right?" He asked to make sure that she understood at least. Nodding weakly, Yoon Mi let her words flow through their bond because it was too upsetting to say it out loud. A light chuckle left his lips when he received the clipped response from her. Getting an assurance that she won't use her last gift, his lips spread into a smile that took her breath away.
 
*Darn him and his good looks* Resounded in her mind and he laughed when the thought spilled over to him. DaeHyun leaned in to kiss her and the reaction she gave made him pull away and laugh, "Yoon Mi ... Did I hear that in my head correctly?" He looked her with eyes that were alight with humor. "Did you just use a profanity?" 
 
Blinking and denying it, she huffed as she looked to the side causing him to laugh and commented that she needs to hang out less with the older pair of males because they're being a bad example to her. 
 

Hahahaha~ 

Annyeong! I'm back from hiatus, thank you so much for showing this story so much love and for commenting :) One of the reason why I took so long was because of other personal reasons that I'm not going to say and the other reason is me trying to figure out the details of the story and deciding on who's going to die at the end of this~ *spoiler alert

With lots of love,

Violynn [ 28/09/2013; 11:56pm || GMT +8]