01 - Please protect her

The Endless War

*Tonight’s storm is worse than expected…* Elder Yong Hwan thought to himself as he looked at the view from his room on the second floor.

Noticing black hooded figures walk hurriedly into his courtyard and grew closer to the house, Elder Yong went down wondering who would be coming here in the dead of the night.

It was rare that they had visitors…

 

“Please open the door my old friend” Elder Yong heard in his mind, “I am in dire need of your help…” that voice and the gift of telepathy…it could only mean….

“Jin Soo”He replied back in his mind. The gift of telepathy was rare and he had only come across a few people who had it in his vampiric lifetime.

“Please open the door; we really need your help…”Jin Soo pleaded

“We?”Elder Yong replied back.

“Yes, I will explain myself once we’re inside…”Jin Soo said as he rang the bell like a normal person.

“Come in” Elder Yong said normally when he opened the door.

 

Once in the safety of his private study, Jin Soo took off his hood and revealed himself, while the second person hid in the corner of the room.

“It has been ages since we last met my friend.” Elder Yong smiled as walked over to embrace his friend.

“I’m sorry hyung” Jin Soo held his hand out to stop him, revealing a weak and trembling bloodied hand making Elder Yong’s eyes to widen in surprise.

“What happened?!” He exclaimed, immediately calling for blood to be delivered and for one of his sons to come up and help him.

“My master and his family was attacked, my old friend.” Jin Soo explained. “We were vastly outnumbered and I was instructed to bring milady to safety as they tried to fight off the enemy.”

 

 “How is their condition?” Elder Yong asked.

“I am sorry my friend, it is not an answer I am able to speak of. I fear of milady’s mental state” Jin Soo bowed apologetically.

“You said you need my help” Elder Yong said “What do you need help with?”

“Please protect milady for me” Jin Soo said as he kneeled on the ground and bowed.

“Don’t do this Jin Soo, you are my friend and I am indebted to you.”Elder Yong reached out to hold him up. “I will do anything for someone who had saved my life.”

“You are too kind Yong Hwan” Jin Soo gave a weary smile. “As long as milady is with me, she will be in danger as I am always recognized as my master’s servant…they’ll try to find me to get to her. Furthermore milady is not gifted, she is unable to protect herself unlike the rest of her family…Putting her into an even more vulnerable position…” Jin Soo explained.

 

“She will be safe here. I will make sure that my sons will look out for her as well.” Elder Yong assured.

“No!” Jin Soo exclaimed. “Don’t tell them of her true status! Just tell them that she is like your boys, abandoned and abused, no one else can know about her. It is too dangerous as it is”

“I understand.”

As someone knocked the door, Elder Yong sensed that it was his son.

“Ah yes my son, I need your help tonight.” Elder Yong answered. “Please come in.”

“Did you take the tray from the maid that was on the way up here?” Elder Yong asked. Earning a nod from his son, noticing his looks to the hooded man “He’s my guest, son. Don’t mind his hood; he has his reasons as you do for wearing your mask.”

 

Jin Soo had put his hood back up as Elder Yong’s son came in. He didn’t want anyone to remember his face.

“I called you here to help me heal him; He saved my life and I am indebted to this man.” Elder Yong went on to explain.

Nodding in understanding, anyone who had saved his benefactor is also his benefactor…

Setting the tray down, he gestured to a seat for Jin Soo to sit.

 

Jin Soo took a seat as the boy got a seat of his own and proceeded to take his hand to begin the healing process. Noticing the girl in the corner of the room, he looked to Elder Yong and his looked between the elder and the girl. Asking who the girl is in his own way.

“She is your new sister. This man here brought her to me to protect her from her master from abuse and eventual death.”

*Father never changes* the boy shook his head as he began to heal the hooded man before him.

“You know that I am unable to turn a blind eye to suffering like that. That’s how all six of you boys came to be here.” Elder Yong explained.

Keeping silent, the boy couldn’t express the gratitude to Elder Yong for saving him many years ago. If it wasn’t for the Elder, he might not even be alive right now.

 

^This might take a while^ the boy said, using his gift of mind projected to Elder Yong ^he has been poisoned…^

“How badly has he been poisoned?” Elder Yong asked.

Shrugging, the boy concentrated on healing the man before him.

 

Hearing a soft sob “Milady, don’t cry for your servant. I am not worth the tears…” Jin Soo said as he pulled his hood down to hide his pained expression.

Even though Jin Soo was the family butler, he was like a loving grandfather to her. Telling her the stories of the past, of how he became her family’s butler even though Jin Soo was a pure blooded vampire himself, defying all normal social conventions and hierarchy.

It hurt her to see him get hurt because of her family.

And as she stood at the corner. There only one thing that stayed on her mind that perplexed her like nothing else…


Which member of B.A.P do you think is here in this chapter? :) HeeHee XD There isn't much info to work with but I'm curious to see what you guys are thinking ~

Thank you for subscribing!

I'm really glad about the repsonses that I got, it really encourages me :) If only my internship wasn't so draining I would be able to write more >.< Even though I'm not sure about how often I'll update the stories, I'll do my best :)

If you're free do read my other story :) 'I remember you'

It's the earliest and has more chapters :) *A heads up on what it's about; It's a sweet romance story :)