02 - She is your younger sister.

The Endless War

“I will be on my way milady.” Jin Soo said after being healed. Immediately running up to hug him “Milady…Please don’t be like this” He said, voice strained with emotion...

Clinging onto him and not letting him go. Because once he leaves this house she knows that she might never see the grandfather that she loves and Jin Soo might never see his little princess ever again.

The little girl that he took care of as she grew up…

“I will miss you…” she whispered as tears flowed from her eyes.

“I will miss milady as well” Jin Soo patted her head. “Stay safe milady, don’t forget your smile. Everyone back home loves to see you smile…”

Pulling out from her hug, Jin Soo took her cloak from her. Revealing a pretty girl covered in blood and tattered clothes.

“I’ll use the cloak to lead them to think that you left with me, milady. I’m sorry to leave you like this…” Jin Soo bowed.

“Son, please heal your younger sister of any injuries that she might have while I send him out.” Elder Yong said.

Waving his hand in front of the girl who now staring at the floor; her sobbing had stopped since Jin Soo left but her tears kept flowing.

Pointing to the chair, he gestured for her to take a seat like he did to Jin Soo. Holding out his hand, he pointed to her hand telling her to put her hand in his.

Hesitatingly putting her hand in his, she slowly felt warmth flowing through her veins. Her pain slowly disappearing away as her cuts and bruises were healed.

“Thank you for healing her, my son.” Elder Yong said as he walked back into the room. “I’ll take it from here”

Looking at the girl briefly before he left, he wondered if her past was like any of the six of them.

Making sure that Elder Yong couldn’t sense his son’s presence within range. He formally introduced himself.

“You don’t look like an elder…” she murmured, knowing that he would still be able to hear her.

“Ah, that…one of my gift is choosing how old I look like” he chuckled as he purposefully aged before her eyes. Aging from a man in his 40s to a man in his 70s “I know I’m a lot older than a seventy year old man but I’m afraid my vanity prevents me from doing so” Elder Yong joked.

“While you’re staying in this house under the pretense that I adopted you, I think its better that you change your family name to avoid suspicion. You’re Yoon Mi right? How about while you’re here, your family name will be Song, it’s fairly common among us and you’re parents already did you a favour by giving you a normal name.”

Simply nodding her head, Elder Yong went to explain “The boy you saw just now is the first child I adopted; he’s not the oldest but he’s been around the longest…

There are five other boys and I’ll introduce you to them tomorrow at breakfast after you’re well rested. Is that alright?”

Nodding her head again, she followed the housekeeper to a room. A fairly feminine room and it surprised her…

“I know it sounds strange but a friend of mine, a seer, foresaw that I would be taking a girl in along with six boys….so I had this prepared when I took in the first child.” Elder Yong said from the doorway. “We don’t have any clothes for you at the moment but our housekeeper, Mrs. Kim got you something to wear from the rest of the maids.”

Nodding in tiredness, all Yoon Mi wanted to do was wash the blood off her skin.

Walking out in her towel, she couldn’t see her clothes anywhere in the bathroom. Resorting in her coming out hoping to find the stuff she was meant to wear from the maids. Thankfully finding it on the bed, she quickly head back into the bathroom to change. *It’s a little loose but it’s the best they could do under such notice.* she reasoned as she looked at her own reflection.

The blood was finally gone and miraculously, the other wounds and cuts that she had were all healed as well. *I forgot to thank him for healing me…* she remembered, when she felt a lack of pain as she moved.

Yoon Mi’s sleep was fraught with nightmares as she tossed and turned in her bed.

She could smell the familiar scent of blood in her nostrils, *Spilt blood* flashed in her mind. The blood of someone she loves dearly. Fear paralyzed her body, making her afraid to open her eyes and see what happened. Finally prying her eyes open, she screamed seeing him with lifeless eyes on the ground.

“Yoon Mi. It’s only a dream…” a voice as smooth as velvet drifted into her mind. “Wake up…”

*A dream?* she thought as her screaming died out. Her breathing was harsh but she couldn’t pry her eyes open.

Convincing herself as well by chanting that it was only a dreamt, Yoon Mi’s mind finally felt empty of thoughts. Allowing her to drift in to a light slumber.

-

Elder Yong had meant for her to be well rested but he didn’t know that she suffered from nightmares. Ever since she left home, there was no such thing of well rested sleep.

Sighing, Yoon Mi got up and went to freshen herself up for breakfast.

At the dining table, once they had settled and were done with their breakfast.

He asked the boys to remain at the table.

“Boys, I have a favour to ask of you” Elder Yoon said as he looked at all the 6 boys he adopted.

“If you do not know, the lady we have with us is Song Yoon Mi. And like each of you, she has her own past. My favour is that you boys please look after and protect your younger sister.” Elder Young asked.

“So you’re implying we hang around her, follow her everywhere she goes and put ourselves in danger as you want us to protect her?” YongJae scoffed.

“What do you think we are?!” Yongguk burst out in outrage first since he was the most hot tempered of the 6 brothers.

“You want us to protect her? Dream on old man. We’re not interested in being bodyguards for this nobody.” He spat in rage.

“She is your younger sister.” Elder Yong said firmly. Hoping that as one of the oldest he might understand.

Sadly he didn’t. As Elder Yong could feel the hostility that Yongguk had towards Yoon Mi.

*We're freaking vampires, not guard dogs.*Yongguk swore in his mind.*and she’s no sister of mine either.*He gave her a glare as he left the dining room.

 


Annyeong everyone!! :D It's B.A.P's  2 months anniversary!!!! #2monthswithBAP !! I thought that I should be nice as finish up this chapter and post it before it hits midnight were I am :) 27/3/2012!!! Happy anniversay BAP!!! Sorry if this chapter is a little short >.<