C66: I'm Leaving

The Endless War

"Noona..." Zelo tries to call his older sister that was hopelessly in love.

 
He tried to make himself sound as anxious as he could and everything but nothing seemed to go into her mind.
 
"Noona, have you been noticing? Word is going about how there's been weird people in town for the past few days..." He went ahead and spoke, hoping that he might get her attention as he went along.
 
Shin Hye didn't pay attention to any of Zelo's word and simply walked to the direction of her room. 
 
"Noona!" Zelo grabbed her by her arm. "Did you hear a single word I said! I think Appa is closing in on us, we need to pack up and leave!" He felt cold and shivering as if he was sick.
 
Thinking of his father made his blood turn cold in fear and he could feel his entire body freezing up unwillingly.
 
"What's wrong with you Jello! You're being paranoid!" She pried his hand off and looked at him angrily. "If he was meant to find us he would have found us months ago! Why now of all times?!"
 
"How am I supposed to know! We've always been on the move which made it hard for him in the first place! Now that we're here for so long, we're practically sitting ducks!" He retorted back and stormed off into his room.
 
Hearing loud noises and clattering of objects, Shin Hye went into his room and found that Zelo was shoving his belongings into a duffel bag.
 
"W-what are you doing?" She stared at her younger brother in shock.
 
Not caring about the sad sounding voice that belonged to his sister "I'm leaving, that's what I'm doing" he shoved the remaining few articles of cloths and important documents into different compartments of the bag.
 
"Stop it Jello...don't do this to me. Don't force me to choose between the two of you" Shin Hye began to panic at how he looked as if he would really leave without her.
 
Putting on his coat, Zelo slung the bag across his shoulder and tried to sound as resolute as he could. "I'm not even asking you to choose Noona, I know that you can't. That's why I'm the one that has to leave."
 
This was the hardest thing that he has ever done and all he wanted his sister to be happy so badly. 
 
Placing his hands on Shin Hye's shoulder, he directed her into her room and gently eased into a chair. "You can move in with him and leave this house empty. It'll make our old man think that we really left."
 
He ignored his sister's disbelieving eyes and went on saying. "They know that we've never been apart, so once they hear that I'm leaving town, they'll think that you'll be with me."
 
Taking a deep breath, Zelo gave her a reassuring smile. "I'll be alright Noona. I'll be fine on my own." 
 
He didn't mind being alone if it meant his sister's happiness. 
 
For the past few years, she was really all he ever needed. He never wanted anything else and he believed that he too, was all she needed like what she said that night in their earlier stages of running away.
 
But it seemed that things had changed even though he remained the same. 
 
And if her happiness was in someone else's hand...he would be willing to let go of his own. Seeing how she has sacrificed so much for him. 
 
Zelo felt that this was the least that he could do for her as he left her bedroom and walked out the door to their house.
 
Sensing eyes on him as he walked down the street, he went to the bus terminal to get two tickets for the midnight bus out of town. 
 
With the remaining time Zelo applied for a withdrawal from his studies and to quit his part time job that he kept a secret from his Noona.
 
He had wanted to continue studying but he needed to leave quickly so there was no time to waste in getting approval from the school and from the teachers. Knowing that there was more steps in quitting than just a simple letter.
 
Remembering that he left something important in his room, Zelo hurried back to the apartment only to find that the door hung loose from its hinges.
 
Fearing the worst, he tread carefully into the house hoping that he wouldn't see who he thought was there. 
 
"TELL ME! WHERE THE HELL DID JUN HONG GO!" Zelo heard his old name and instinctively hid for now.
 
"One step too slow old man! He should be on his way to another town by now." Shin Hye taunted their father intentionally knowing that Zelo was his target all the while.
 
Giving a smug smile that he still didn't know of his changed name. "You better wipe that smile off your face." Their father's voice sounded low and dangerous. 
 
Heavy footsteps made the wooden flooring creak in protest. 
 
Zelo heard his sister cry out in pain and nearly wanted to rush out of his hiding spot to help her. His heart ached when he heard sounds of her struggling. "Don't think that I won't hesitate to kill you just because you look like your mother." 
 
Shin Hye glared at her father despite being held by the collar of her shirt. "Go ahead, kill me and you'll lose your only way to find your precious son."
 
With a loud thump to the floor, Shin Hye stared at her father who was laughing at her audacity. "It's a waste that you were born a girl Mi Jun. If only your mother had given given me two boys instead of one pathetic daughter—
 
"Noona is anything but pathetic!" Zelo swung a chair that he grabbed from nearby and hit his father on the head with it. 
 
Stumbling forward and losing his balance, Zelo took the opportunity to grab his sister's hand and tried to pull her up. "We need to hurry Noona, the bus will be leaving soon!" 
 
Unsure of how long his father will stay under. Zelo grabbed her bag that was lying nearby and put her arms around his shoulder, trying carry her on his back to make it easier for him to carry his bruised and injured sister.
 
*Click* 
 
He heard a sound that made a sinking feeling in his stomach. The cold feeling quickly returning and spreading throughout his body when he recognized what that sound belonged to.
 
A gun.
 

Annyeong!!!

Happy April fools!

Muahahaha~ were you all tricked? I'm having so much fun on April this year.

There's no way that I'm ending the story this early! Barely anything has happened! I'm planning to make you guys cry buckets (or at least try to make you cry buckets) before this story really ends.

With love,

Violynn (02/04/2013 ; 6:50 PM)