20 - Yi Jae

The Endless War

“Zelo, what are you doing here?” Jong Up asked as he was going around looking for Yoon Mi when he saw Zelo’s blonde hair when he passed the room.

“Ah, it’s you Jong Up” Zelo deflated a little. Having to wait for so long, he wished that Dae Hyun was here so it made things easier with his thought projection.

“Well, I’m sorry I’m not who you expected.” Jong Up said as he took chair for himself.

“Why are the two of you here?” Young Jae asked as he stepped into the room.

“Hyung brought Yoon Mi back to her room to rest. She wouldn’t stop drawing and painting–”

“She did all of this!”  Young Jae exclaimed, turning round to see the extent of her work. “Woah, this is an insane amount of work to accomplish in one day!”

“That’s why Hyung brought her back to her room to rest–” Zelo tried to continue his sentence before being cut off again.

“There’s a party here and you guys didn’t invite me?” Him Chan’s voice bellowed from the door.

“Aish, I’ll never finish that sentence…” Zelo muttered, folding his arms.

“Where’s Dae Hyun?” Him Chan asked, noticing the lack of a masked person.

“He’s not here yet” Zelo answered. “He didn’t look too well just now” Young Jae pointed out.

“Dae Hyun should be fine…He’s a strong kid” Him Chan said, looking at the art works. Instantly knowing that Yoon Mi was the one behind this, the guys never had an interest in this meaning none of them could have done all the insane work in the room.

-

*She reminds me so much of Yi Jae…* Yong Guk thought as he gently placed Yoon Mi on to her bed.

Covering her with a blanket, he tried adjusting the pillows to help her feel better but the crease on her forehead that made her look troubled never went away. Looking at her unconscious form *Yi Jae…* He thought sadly.* How long has it been? Nine years? Or was it ten?* Brushing stray locks of hair aside, he gently rubbed her face to erase the tear stains.

Leaning in to kiss her forehead, one last tear fell down her cheek. *I’m sorry for doing this even though we’re not close but just this once Yoon Mi…you remind me so much of Yi Jae…*

Her face relaxing under the kiss, Yoon Mi moved slightly towards Yong Guk’s direction she whispered “Oppa” in her sleep. 

*She sounds so vulnerable and fragile…as if her foundation could crumble at any moment.* He winced, unsure of what to do as he froze at that spot.

Standing still, the long buried memories threatened to resurface with that one word.

Especially the way she said it. ‘Please don’t leave me’ it seemed to say.

*Walk away Yong Guk. She wasn’t calling you. She was calling for her Ji Yong* He persuaded himself, drilling the thought into his head.

Looking at her one last time before walking out of the bedroom *She reminds me a lot of you Yi Jae…the way that she was afraid. Just like you, she falls asleep after crying her eyes out*

Making his back to the room where he found Yoon Mi, he saw Dae Hyun leaning against the wall for support.

“What’s wrong” Yong Guk rushed over to Dae Hyun’s side.

Shaking his head, Dae Hyun wanted to say that he was alright but then his knees went weak.

“Don’t f-king lie to me! I know a problem when I see one!” Yong Guk reprimanded Dae Hyun for being so hard headed.

“I used too much of my gift just know bringing Yoon Mi’s consciousness back” He spoke directly, not wanting to use any more power for tonight.

Going over to support him, Yong Guk helped him back to his room and went to the kitchen to get him more blood.

*Yong Guk, if you’re getting blood for me there’s no need. Just come back and I’ll explain my situation* Dae Hyun forced himself to project his thought when he noticed that his Hyung left the room.

“What the hell are you using your gift right now” Yong Guk yelled, annoyed that he’s still pushing himself even though he’s bedridden.

“I was trying to tell you this before you went out.” Dae Hyun winced as his head pounded. “I have too much human blood in me right now. My body can’t change the blood over fast enough, adding the fatigue…once I sleep I might be out of it for a good 36 hours.” Giving Yong Guk a heads up on him so that they wouldn’t panic and that Yoon Mi wouldn’t feel bad.

“That long?” Yong Guk scratched his head. Nodding in reply “I’m tired” Dae Hyun simply said as he wrapped himself in his blankets and turned to one side, falling asleep instantly.

*Thank you for all your hard work Dae Hyun* Yong Guk gave a small smile to his dongsaeng and left the room.

Walking back to the art studio, Zelo was the first to notice Yong Guk walking in. Even though his back was facing the door as the guys chatted.

“Hyung! How is she?” Zelo asked earnestly.

“Yoon Mi is fine; she’s in her room sleeping.” He answered the maknae

“Can you believe that this is all done by her?” Jong Up said in awe.

“Obviously, Elder Yong can’t paint, none of us here knows how to either and there’s only Yoon Mi left. I doubt the maid staff dares to use the things in our house the way this person did.” Young Jae rolled his eyes.

“Anyone knows where is Dae Hyun?” Young Jae asked, noticing his best buddy not around.

“In his room resting.” Yong Guk answered as he took a seat. “He over exerted himself bringing her consciousness back”

“Again?” Young Jae exclaimed “Come on! That’s the second time that he passed out! That’s it! I’m giving him a piece of my mind when he wakes up”

Ranting on in frustration, the rest of the guys try to register what he said.

Second time?

Again?

It has happened before?

*Yah…Dae Hyun-ah….Are you sure that you’re only looking out for her?* Yong Guk wondered as he fixed his gaze on a random painting.


Annyeonghaseyo!!! :D

Yes you guessed right!

It is our MATO legend! Bang Yong Guk!!

Darn!! Why does all of my readers have to be soooo smart? I wanted to see all the interesting comments thinking why it's him or whoever you think it is and stuff.

Sorry if this chapter isn't a long as the previous and if the chapter flow is a little choppy >.<

I needed a bridge and a place to start introducing their past :)

With love~

Violynn 10/5/2012 2:33am

*Haha! :D New question! Who do you think Yi Jae is? :)

I simply love asking questions :D I'm certainly a strange person XD