47 - May I have this dance?

The Endless War

*Where are they* Dae Hyun thought worriedly after having walking down the stairs with Elder Yong and with his other siblings. Putting his mental shield on just to be on the safe side, one would never know if they were in the same room with a mind reader.

Providing the rest of the guys mental coverage, channeling his gift to the gems that each of them wore on rings. He stored some of his gift in those gems and they were set for the night.

*Where is she?* Dae Hyun wondered. Remembering her worries about the ball, he knew that she would be extremely nervous.

Hearing the announcement, he along with everyone looked up and all eyes were on the two youngest siblings of the family.

Zelo looked incredibly stunning in his crisp suit but Yoon Mi took his breath away.

She looked as if she glowed in that dress, the way the dress sparkled when she moved. Slowly and gracefully gliding down the stairs, his eyes never left her as she made her descent.

Yoon tried her best to hide her awe of the ballroom that was decked in gold and royal red velvet curtains, with marble sculptures along the stairway and at the base of the stairs.

Flower arrangements adorned every corner of the room and the classical ensemble set a slow and light mood. Everything was glittering and the atmosphere was dizzying, everyone was chatting but somehow the volume remained bearable with the occasional clinking of glass.

Elder Yong certainly spared no expenses into tonight’s ordeal, making sure that the attendees get the best of the best.

Reaching the bottom of the stairs, they were recieved by Elder Yong and the ball was officially commenced.

-

*While they were on the way*

“Noona, listen to me very closely alright?” Zelo looked at Yoon Mi very seriously as they took the limo to the venue. “We all know that your past can’t be revealed and Elder Yong gave you a simple story to stick to.”

Nodding to show her understanding, Zelo continued on saying “Elder Yong came to you in a hospital in a far off country and you have amnesia, caused by shock and trauma. Unable to contact your family and relatives, Elder Yong chanced upon you during his visit to hospital and decided to bring you back like the rest of us.”

Making a small sound of agreement, it was as simple as it could get. Furthermore, the amnesia was caused by shock and trauma; something that Dae Hyun is not able to cure since it was a mental state than physical health.

Arriving at the stairway of the grand ballroom, Yoon Mi forced herself to remain calm and to keep her heartbeat even.

Having Zelo by her side definitely helped as she held onto his arm for support while she did her best to glide gracefully down the stairs, her hands felt colder than it usually was as it lightly touched the gold lined stairway.

All eyes were on them when they reached the bottom of the stairs, Zelo giving a respectful bow to Elder Yong while Yoon Mi managed a curtsey.

Everyone was talking, murmuring about her.

How she looked, how she still is a nobody under the dress, how damned lucky she was.

Walking to the side in arm with Elder Yong, he walked Yoon Mi around the entire ballroom introducing her as his daughter to whoever came up to them.

Talking until she was dizzy, in this one night Yoon Mi felt like she had spoken more words than she ever did while she was in Elder Yong’s home.

“You must feel absolutely lucky to have Elder Yong come across you while you were in the hospital where he was at.” A high profile madam said in a condescending tone.

Turning to face the owner of the voice, Yoon Mi tried to remember the name of the madam before her.

“Madam Lee” she gave the surname a shot, Yoon Mi couldn’t fully remember who it was and decided to wing it. “I can’t thank Elder Yong enough for giving me a new lease on life.” Yoon Mi answered politely while she placed her hand over her heart to show how emotional and thankful she was. Even if she wanted to snap back at the old hag, she couldn’t on the account of Elder Yong and his reputation.

With the music changing and turning into a traditional waltz, someone tapped on her shoulder bringing her attention away from the arrogant Madam Lee.

“Zelo?” Yoon Mi looked at the tall one in pure surprise.

“May I have this dance my dear sister?” Zelo winked as he held out his hand.

Sending an apologetic look to Madame Lee, Yoon Mi took his hand happily and let herself be led to the dance floor.

“Thank you” She looked up to him and smiled, greatful that he had brought her away from the uncomfortable conversation.

Laughing in understanding, “you’re welcome” Zelo smiled and spun her around playfully.

Giggling and truly having fun, they danced until someone tapped on Zelo’s shoulder.

“May I have the next dance?” Him Chan wiggled his eyebrow at Yoon Mi while holding his hand out for her.

Shaking his head at his hyung, Zelo stepped aside and let Him Chan take over.

“I have yet to tell you how amazingly beautiful you are tonight” Him Chan said happily as he spun her around dizzily.

“What’s with you and Zelo spinning me around” Yoon Mi laughed while trying to stay on her feet.

“I just want to see all of you” Him Chan answered sing songly, giving her one last spin before holding her in a traditional waltzing posture.

“This year’s ball is more fun with you around Yoon Mi” Him Chan looked into her eyes as they waltz around the dance floor.

“Your time is up hyung, you got more time than Zelo” An irritated voice pulled Him Chan away from Yoon Mi and into a group of girls which squealed in happiness when he stumbled into their group.

“Young Jae? I’m surprised that you’re actually dancing with me right now” Yoon Mi said as they held each other loosely.

“Did you see the horde of girls that I threw Him Chan to?” Young Jae nodded with his head.

“Yeah, I see them” Yoon Mi tried to hold back her laughter at how flustered Him Chan looked.

“So you understand that I’m using you to escape from their raging vampire hormones.” Young Jae said bluntly.

“I pretty much got that idea” She answered “and I’m glad that you’d rather be with me than be with them”

“You’re entitled to your opinion even though it’s inaccurate” Young Jae said flatly.

Shaking her head in laughter, “for someone so honest you’re not entirely honest with yourself” Yoon Mi gave him a mocking look.

“Whatever” Young Jae rolled his eyes.

“Your turn is over Young Jae” A deep voice made them stop in their tracks.

“Obviously” He rolled his eyes. “I’ll find somewhere to hide myself.” Young Jae said before disappearing into the crowd.

Yong Guk’s warm hand going around her waist while the other held her hand, he led their waltz. Making their way around the dance floor, they looked into each other’s eyes and Yoon Mi couldn’t help but get ensnared by the gaze that he had.

*I can’t feel something for him…I can’t. Stop Yoon Mi, while you still can. Even though he understands what you’ve been through, Dae Hyun helped me move forward with my own two feet.* Yoon Mi convinced herself in her mind.

“You look stunningly beautiful tonight Yoon Mi” Yong Guk said quietly into her ear before he let go of her and ended their waltz. His compliment surprised her and it made her blush slightly, *Hopefully my real blush is not redder than the make up*

In his place was Jong Up looking the most awkward he has been. Scratching the back of his neck, “May I have this dance?” he asked shyly.

Laughing at the situation “Sure” Yoon Mi said as she held her hands out.

Taking her hands, Jong Up led the dance with a light easy going feel.

“Why would you want to dance with me?” she asked after a few moments of silence.

“Almost everyone had a dance with you and I guess I wanted one too” he sheepishly smiled as they went around the dance floor.

“What a strange reason you have” Yoon Mi laughed. “Well, I have to say that you’ve got your dance”

*Yes and it’s my turn* Dae Hyun communicated to them as he walked over.

Giving a formal bow, he held his hand out to wordlessly ask for a dance with her.

Knowing that his time is up, Jong Up bowed in return and went his way.

Simply holding her hand, Yoon Mi wished that they could interlace their fingers. Feeling the pressure of his hand on her waist even though it was through the corset in her gown, the feeling of his hand there on her waist sent electricity through her.

Trying hard to keep her heart rate normal, Yoon Mi looked at Dae Hyun briefly from time to time.  Each time she looked into his eyes, his gaze was smothering her. It was filled with a love that she was afraid to meet.

*I’ll see you out in the garden later* He mind spoke to her before slowly letting go of her.

Nodding, Dae Hyun formally bowed and Yoon Mi curtsied formally in response.

To outsiders it may seem like they’re not very close but it was the exact opposite.

Slowly the music came to an end and everyone applauded for all those who danced.

Feeling sore on her feet, Yoon Mi grabbed a drink and made her way out to the courtyard where the garden was as well.

Images of Dae Hyun and their dance remained in her mind as she thought of how suave he looked. Donning a simple black suit, he made it look amazing. The way his blond hair was stylishly messy and how it came before his soulful warm brown eyes.

Resting on a marble bench, Yoon Mi looked up to the moon lit sky.

While looking up, the story of the constellation that Ji Yong had told her interrupted her thoughts. Yoon Mi shook her head to push the thought to the back of her mind.

Gazing at the stars, Yoon Mi thought about how close she was with Dae Hyun just now. The way he held her as they danced around the ballroom.

It made her heart race and sent her dizzying.

Hearing footsteps approaching, *it must be Dae Hyun* she anticipated, smile reaching her face.

Her smile falling when she saw it wasn’t Dae Hyun, the man standing in the shadows a few feet across her chuckled.

“I’m sorry I’m not who you expected” A baritone voice answered laced with amusement “Miss Kwon”

*Kwon?* Yoon Mi thought as warning sirens went off in her mind

“I’m afraid you’ve mistaken sir. I’m a Song.” Yoon Mi tried to bluff her way through as adrenalin made its way into her veins at the mention of her true family name.

“I’m not mistaken. I know every well who you are” the person’s unfamiliar voice suddenly changed into an eerily familiar one.

“Kwon Yoon Mi, the hidden princess of the Kwons and now the secret princess of the society’s dog.” The person spat.

Fearfully stepping back, everything about that demeanor was not the person the voice resembled.

But the pride of the Kwon was evidently there. It was something that unique only to a Kwon.

“Why are you stepping back? My Eurydice, why do you walk away from me?” He spoke quietly into the night.

That name sent chills down her spine.

Because, during her entire time at Elder Yong's, she had never told anyone about the story of the Lyra.

And there was only one person that knew about that name.

That one person was Kwon Ji Yong.


Hi Everybody!!!! How have you been doing??? :D

I hope you're all doing well!!!

Did I surprise you with his appearance at then end?? Do you think it's really him?

Heehee~

I love cliff hangers XD They're sooo full of suspense!

With love,

Violynn

(05.11.2012 ; 12:54AM)