18 - He's Gone

The Endless War

“Yoon Mi”A hauntingly familiar voice echoed in her mind.

No, it wasn’t Ji Yong but someone else…

“Yoon Mi-ah” the voice called again.

Waking up with a jolt. Yoon Mi looked out the window and it was as raining heavily as it was when first started hours ago.

“Yah! Kwon Yoon Mi!”The familiar voice called again. This time sounding a little irritated.

Jumping at how scarily similar the voice sounded to Yoon Ji Unnie, she looked around the room and saw no one. Hearing it again, but coming from outside, she walked to the window and she saw a vague silhouette in the rain. A familiar long haired blonde…

The person turned to face Yoon Mi’s direction and somehow their gaze connected through the heavy rain.

“It’s Yoon Ji Unnie!” Yoon Mi breathed in disbelief, stepping away from the window. “No way…it’s impossible, she’s dead…she can’t be here…it has to be a trap…” unable to make sense of what her eyes are seeing.

“Yoon Mi, I promise you it’s not a trap; I swear it on the blood that runs through our veins. I need to talk to you.”The person spoke to her past the distance and through the glass window; how it’s happening Yoon Mi had no idea how. “It’s about Ji Yong…” the person said softer this time.

“Please, Yoon Mi. I come and go with the rain. I’ve tried hard to keep the rain here as long as I can. Any more rain than this and the land would be damaged. I swear on our Kwon blood that this is really real and of great importance, please come out and see me.”

Taken aback at the swearing on their blood, all their life they were warned not to recklessly do so. Their blood had a spirit of its own, asking as it pleases in exchange for failed promises on their name.

Walking out hesitantly, Yoon Mi walked out in the rain to where she saw the person.

Eyes widening at the long haired blonde in front of her “Yoon Ji Unnie” she said in disbelief. How was it possible for her to see someone who’s dead?

“I know you’re shocked but I need to tell you something of utmost importance.” Her older sister said very seriously.

Reaching out to touch her Unnie, Yoon Mi frowned as her hand only felt rain.

“I can only appear as an image in the rain Yoon Mi, but that’s not the point!” Yoon Ji’s holographic hands went to her younger sister’s shoulders. “You need to forget about Ji Yong!”

Shaking her head “I can’t Unnie” Her tears blending in the rain that fell on her “Just trying not to think about him is already hard” Yoon Mi sobbed at the thought of forgetting him.

“You HAVE TO, Yoon mi. He’s no longer with us anymore”The older sister told the younger. “The Ji Yong we know doesn’t exist on this earth anymore. You need to forget about him Yoon Mi-”

“No longer with us anymore?! Doesn’t exist on this earth!!” Yoon Mi heart pounded erratically, her head hurt and the heavy rain felt numb against her skin. “Ji Yong oppa can’t be dead!! He can’t!! No! No! Please tell me it’s a lie Unnie! Please! Tell me it’s not true!!” She pleaded, breathing becaming increasingly difficult and it felt as if half of her had died.

Shaking her head Yoon Ji answered “He’s gone Yoon Mi…Gone”

 The discovery and sorrow of her dead lover too much too bear, Yoon Mi let out a piercing scream.

Her Unnie could only look on sadly at her younger sister’s sorrow and heartbreak. Falling to her knees “Everything reminds me of you! How am I supposed to forget someone like you!!?” She screamed out her heartache.

Letting out one last cry, Yoon Mi felt her heart grow weak as everything faded and turned black.

-

Waking up with a sense of dread, Dae Hyun sat up and saw that it was still raining heavily outside. Feeling that something was amiss, he got to his feet and went to Yoon Mi’s room.

*That’s strange, her door is opened.*He noticed the moment he walked out of his room. Hearing an ominous thunderclap, he ran inside the room to see that it was empty.

Hearing a scream from outside, he rushed to the window and saw two figures in the rain. Recognizing one as Yoon Mi, Dae Hyun didn’t recognize who the other person was.

Another scream reaching his ears, he saw that Yoon Mi was very distressed. *Something is wrong.* He thought to himself. *I can feel it*

Moving quickly away from the window, he ran his way out to get to where she was.

Running halfway down the stairs, he heard Zelo shout his name “Dae Hyung!” Calling him so suddenly, Zelo nearly caused him to stumble down the stairs “Yoon Mi is outside!!!”

*I know! I’m already at the ground floor!*He mentally shouted back.

Hearing more voices in the hallway, Zelo’s shouting effectively woke up everyone. Dae Hyun heard more foot steps behind him.

Slamming the door open, Dae Hyun looked around to locate Yoon Mi.

Only seeing the stranger looking on at ground, he approached her cautiously and saw Yoon Mi’s unconscious form. Running to Yoon Mi and crouched protectively over her. Dae Hyun quickly held her in his arms to get her further away from the stranger; and as he did so, the long blonde haired girl looked at him with an expression he couldn’t comprehend.

“Dae Hyun!” The rest of the guys called as they saw the stranger, warning him to be ready to get out of the way as everyone got ready to attack.

“I mean you no harm” Yoon Ji said sadly as she looked at her younger sister’s unconscious form.

The rain getting lighter, she knew that her time was running out.

Getting closer with her hands up in the air trying to show that she meant no harm, Yoon Ji got on her knees and bent over to Yoon Mi.

Whispering “My little sister, please forget about him…the man you know is no longer on this earth”

Eyes widening upon hearing little sister, *Could it be that she’s Yoon Mi’s older sister? Isn’t she dead? How is it possible for her to be here?!*

“Dae Hyun, please look after my baby sister for me” She looked sincerely into his eyes.

Stunned that she was talking to him, he had wanted to project his thought to her but how was he supposed to do that with a dead person who doesn’t even have a physical body?

Deciding on speaking “Why me?” He whispered through his mask.

“Because I saw you from Yoon Mi’s window just now and because you were the first one to run out here” She said simply.

“Five other guys are in the rain as well.” He pointed out.

“But whose blood is running through her veins?” She said, giving an all knowing look. Bowing his head in defeat, she had a point. “Not everyone is willing to do what you are doing Dae Hyun. I thank you for being there for her. Please continue to look over her” Yoon Ji said pleadingly.

Getting back to her feet, Yoon Ji gave a ninety degree bow to the guys before she let her own image fade away.

The rain stopping as she disappeared, the clouds parted to reveal a moonless night and the continuous stream of tears that flowed down her face.

-

After having Mrs. Kim attend to Yoon Mi. The boys gathered to ask Dae Hyun what happened since they arrived later.

*I think Ji Yong is dead* He communicated to them.

“Seriously?” Zelo in disbelief, part of him had hoped that he was alive so that he could take away Yoon Mi’s pain the day that both of them met again…Now, it proved to be impossible since he’s dead.

*Her words were ‘the man you know is no longer on this earth’*He looked out the window, remembering Yoon Mi’s older sister.

“This is bad” Jong Up said.

“Obviously” Him Chan rolled his eyes “She was this bad no seeing him and now knowing he’s dead, who knows how bad her condition might get.”

All of them nodding in silence, agreeing with his point.

Turning to the direction of her room, they couldn’t help but wonder how things might be when she woke up.



Anneyong!!!

The title reminds me of Ji Yong's 'She's gone' *Lols, random thoughts of mine :D

It's Labour day today! Public holiday~

Got the chance to sleep in *Happy dance*

Have you read what I've been up to recently? If you haven't click here

Nothing much to read, it's more on photos cause what I've been doing can't really be described with words :)

I'm currently writing the chapters for the other stories so do keep an eye out for them :)

With lots of love~

Violynn :)