05 - What should I do?

The Endless War

News had leaked that Yoon Mi didn’t have gifts and it only made the bullying worst. Having no way to fight back or even defend herself.

“Did you hear? Transfer girl doesn’t have powers”

“I heard she’s a Halfling”

“She doesn’t have a scent and power? Wow she’s pathetic”

“This makes her an even easier target”

The last comment made Yoon Mi shiver in fear. Target for what? Bullying? She had enough of it.

If only the rest of the school understood that. Yoon Mi often found herself running away and hiding, trying to be in the teacher’s presence more so that they wouldn’t dare to do anything before authoritative figure’s eyes.

It didn’t help that they used their powers against her.

Friday, *The last day of school for the week!* she thought as she made her briskly down the hallways. She was at home stretch, the last hallway before the exit.

To her dismay, one of the frequent bullies was there.

Feeling his eyes land on her, Yoon Mi wanted to run away immediately but fear kept her rooted there.

“It’s you ” he spat as venom laced his voice.

Yoon Mi didn’t understand. She had never done anything to him before, never greeted him or talked to him! She wasn’t even in any of his classes!

Mustering enough courage to make her feet move in front of each other, Yoon Mi was almost past him until he suddenly yanked her and flung her against the wall. The impact was hard against her back as she cried out in pain.

“Does that hurt? That’s what you get for taking my spot in the first class! YOU LOWLIFE WORTHLESS SCUM!!!” He yelled.

*Taking his spot?* Yoon Mi got to her feet shakily. *What the heck is he talking about?* the guy before her didn’t feel sane anymore and she didn’t want to be around if he goes berserk.

“I’m going to return you the pain I got from my parents when they found out A NOBODY took my F—king spot” he hissed as he grabbed her by the neck, he lifted her off the ground. Cutting off oxygen from her lungs as he pressed against her windpipe.

Seeing dark spots, Yoon Mi struggled to breathe. *this is how it feels to be alone* she thought. *To no longer have someone to watch over me, to protect me from bad things*

Feeling air return to her lungs when he dropped her, it was a short lived joy as she was thrown against the lockers. The lockers made a loud clanging as her body slammed against the metal.

*You said you would always protect me…* Yoon Mi cried as she remembered the words her love had whispered to her. *Where are you now?* her mind cried out, it was the only part of her that was still functioning properly. Her body was bruised and black in multiple places and she was sure that the strangulation marks were there as well.

“You think crying will get my pity?!” He guy raged as he stepped on her and kicked her mercilessly. Not knowing that the tears weren’t even for him. “Try crying after this!” He yelled as he flung her against the glass doors of the school. Causing it to shatter from the force that he threw her with.

Yoon Mi felt herself grow weak and truly cold as she felt herself bleeding from the glass cuts.

*If only you were here with me…* she wished as she closed her eyes, causing one last tear to slide down.

-

*Crap! I heard a commotion at the school entrance!* He thought as he ran down the hallway. Recently he had heard a lot of incidents of Yoon Mi’s bullying but didn’t do anything about it. He didn’t want his brothers to treat him differently after their agreement to ignore her. He didn’t want to go against the words that they had meant together. They were the ones that help made life bearable all these years…

Hearing glass shatter, he instantly thought *that better not be the glass doors!* However, dread flooded his entire being as he smelt the familiar scent of Yoon Mi’s blood wafting through the air.

Entering the hallway, he saw Se Hong looking deranged with a wild look in his eyes; it changed to lust as he inhaled the scent of Yoon Mi’s blood.

Running towards her, he tackled Se Hong when his hand reached out to the pool of blood that came from Yoon Mi.

Punching and pummelling Se Hong while he was still off guard, it went on until he was unconscious. *I don’t wish to handle a deranged vampire now. I need to attend to Yoon Mi* he thought urgently.

-

*Am I dead?* Yoon Mi thought when all she saw was darkness but felt a warm feeling spread through her. *Such a kind and gentle warmth…I can’t possibly be alive right now…*

*Please stay alive!* he prayed hard as he carried Yoon Mi to the car that waited to pick him up from school. Having already stopped the bleeding, he worried about how deathly pale she looked.

Carrying her up to her room, he settled her gently against the bed before running down to grab packs of blood. “Young Master, take this. We heard from the chauffer what happened to milady.” Mrs Kim, the housekeeper said as she handed the tray to him.

Rushing back to her room, he propped her up against the pillows and tried to get Yoon Mi drinking the blood. Things were getting urgent since her veins were turning black; as serious sign of blood shock.

*Why isn’t it working! She drank two pints of blood already!* He panicked as her veins remained the colour of death.

*What should I do?!*


Hi there!! :D I'm back with another update on Sunday Like I ssid I would :D well it's still sunday if you're in western timing. But over here in Asia where I came from it's already night time. And 1:21 am too.

I hope you’re not confused by how I’m writing right now. With so many “ he’s” in the chapter, I hope you’re alright…I wanted to keep that person a mystery for now. Or did you already guess who he was? Maybe the clue I left was too obvious…I should work on leaving more subtle clues then…

Let me know who you think this mystery guy is :D