39 - Aegyo

The Endless War

*I can't wait to see you again Yoon Mi...*

 

"Yong Guk did you say something to me?" Yoon Mi turned around and looked at her surroundings but there was only her and him in the training room.

 

The voice lingering in the back of her mind, Yoon Mi felt Iike it was Dae Hyun but there was simply no way that he would project his thoughts this far and without his blood in her. 

 

More weeks go by and school had been going peacefully thanks to the gemstone earring that Yong Guk had given her to wear. 

 

Students avoid her now to prevent themselves from possibly incurring his flames. Which was how Yoon Mi wanted; she was fine not having friends because at home there are 6 incredibly amazing boys who are there for her unlike the fakes and pretentious in the school.

 

Finding someone purely and honestly nice was like looking for a needle in a haystack. Incredibly rare.

 

On the way back home in the car, Yong Guk received a phone call. 

 

The name that came from his mouth had surprised her. 

 

"Hello Elder Yong. How are you doing?" he said politely over the phone.

 

"We're good; I should talk to you more on the phone though. You're more polite here than when you speak to me face to face" Elder Yong commented. "Anyway, there were slight complications and we've ended the trip early. We are on our way back as we speak"

 

"Annyeong Hyung! Yoon Mi noona!" Zelo's voice spilled over the speaker so loudly that even she could hear it.

 

"Aish, I can hear you just fine why do you need to shout?" Yong Guk asked the maknae.

 

"So that Yoon Mi noona can hear me!" He answered loudly again.

 

"How many times do I have to tell you that we're the same age!" Yoon Mi answered back.

 

"Haha, Yoon Mi is mad" Zelo sang loudly, continuing to .

 

Smiling because she missed his cheerfulness "You're gonna get it from me when you get back Zelo!" she said with fake anger.

 

"Dae Hyun Hyung! Is there anything you wanna say to them?" Zelo asked.

 

Two simple words spilled over the speakers after much shuffling sounds of transporting the phone.

 

"No comment" 

 

That familiar voice set her heart racing as simple as that. She could imagine him pulling his mask down slightly to say that to the phone.

 

Light chuckling from Elder Yong "We'll be back in a couple of days time."

 

"See you home Elder Yong" Yong Guk said.

 

"You really are more polite over the phone! We'll see you when we get back son!" Elder Yong said with an astonished tone in his voice.

 

Hanging up soon after, from the corner of her eye Yoon Mi could see Yong Guk shaking his head and laughing at how Elder Yong had called him 'son'.

 

*If I didn't know any better he actually treats Elder Yong like a father in his heart.* Yoon Mi thought as she looked ahead.

 

*Dae Hyun is going to be back soon* Her heart raced again at the thought of seeing him. *We could try and figure out how or why we could communicate each other in our sleep.*

 

Announcing the news when we got back, Young Jae was glad that Dae Hyun was back and Jong Up was glad about Zelo coming back as well.

 

"Did they say the reason why?" Him Chan got Yong Guk aside so that the younger ones wouldn't pay attention to them.

 

"Dae Hyun couldn't take it anymore" He explained. "He had reached his limits and the veins in his hands were turning black."

 

"What's going on out there in the slums?" Him Chan had a tense expression.

 

"Lighten your expression Him Chan. Even if we suspect something we can't worry the younger ones" He said with his usual blank expression. 

 

"Your right" He looked away briefly and tried to do as asked. "Their last trip took six and a half months but Dae Hyun came back fine"

 

"I wonder what's causing this surge of ill and diseased" Yong Guk contemplated.

 

Sensing something worrying in her blood, Yoon Mi looked to Yong Guk and Him Chan's conversation. *They look normal...* she deduced.

 

*But when is it ever what it seems with Yong Guk?* Yoon Mi looked away. *Being the eldest, he sure has different things going on for him...*

 

Checking the calendar, it was about time for her to take blood from Yong Guk. The next would be her fourth time drinking blood from him. *Is it possible for me to wait for Dae Hyun to return?* She wondered.

 

Noticing her gaze at the calendar, Yong Guk paused his conversation with Him Chan remembering that it was time for her next intake of blood. "Yoon Mi, you need your next intake right?" He asked, snapping her out of her reverie.

 

Saying hesitantly "Is it possible to..."  

 

"To?" he asked.

 

"Wait for Dae Hyun to return" She quietly said while looking to the floor.

 

"They won't be coming here directly when they return Yoon Mi. They would need to go through a cleansing ritual that would take a week." 

 

"Why would they need a cleansing rite?" 

 

"The slums are not the cleanest place and not everyone likes Elder Yong or the fact that he has us with him." He Yong Guk explained. "So trackers of various kinds may be put onto them, curses or even manipulation gifts might be on them. So for prevention, they need to go through it for at least a week."

 

"Yong Guk, you're overlooking it right?" Him Chan asked.

 

"Ah, that's right. I won't be able to give my blood to you..." he gave a troubled sigh. "Him Chan, you give her your blood in the meantime" Yong Guk placed a hand on his shoulder.

 

"Mwoh? Me?" was his immediate response.

 

"I'm sorry if it's a burden to you" Yoon Mi bowed slightly to apologize.

 

"Aniyo, don't take it the wrong way" Him Chan waved his hands trying to prove that it wasn't as she thought. "I was just surprised Yoonie, I was thinking that he might say to postpone it. I'm fine with giving you my blood Yoon Mi" 

 

Grabbing her hand, "We'll see you later Yong Guk" Him Chan said to Yong Guk as he tugged Yoon Mi along to the kitchen. 

 

"You might want to look away if you don't like sharp objects..." Him Chan warned as he took out a knife.

 

Looking away as pre warned, she could slowly smell the scent of his blood spread in the air. 

 

It was another smell that had her realizing the extent of her hunger. Unknowingly her lips, Yoon Mi fisted her hands in her lap. 

 

She wanted to keep calm even though her senses were prickling with anticipation.

 

Seeing a wrist before her, the cut had healed but there was a trail of blood from flowing from his wrist to the glass. "Don't waste" Him Chan mumbled slightly. Feeling awkward himself.

 

Hesitantly bringing his arm closer, Yoon Mi pressed her lips to his arm carefully making sure that she didn't waste another drop of blood.

 

The thought of wasting and not wasting blood brought Dae Hyun back to her mind. How she had really poured his blood down the drain and how angry he was when he found out. 

 

She had never been scolded or warned like that before. Ji Yong never did nor her parents...

 

Ji Yong had never pushed her that hard to do anything either. But the way Dae Hyun had edged her forward, sometimes even forced her to take the step forward. She felt like she was normal person for once, someone who made mistakes and be scolded for it. Needing to be forward thinking and not stay where she was. 

 

Strange as it sounds, Dae Hyun taught her to be real and to live.

 

*How is it possible that he has taught and done so much for me?* Yoon Mi wondered as she pulled away from Him Chan's wrist.

 

Coughing the silent atmosphere away, Him Chan brought the glass of his blood closer to her. Taking it, Yoon Mi hesitantly held the glass and slowly brought it to her lips.

 

The blood flowed smoothly down as well. Though not as well as Dae Hyun’s or Yong Guk but it lessened the hunger she felt. And oddly enough, it felt like she was drinking a sweet dessert wine.

 

It was a puzzling feeling but she was glad for it. “Thank you Him Chan…” Yoon Mi said softly as she placed the empty glass on the table.

 

“Are you feeling better Yoonie?” He put his hand on her shoulder.

 

“Ne, I’m feeling better now” she gave a smile.

 

“Anything for my little sister” Him Chan ruffled her hair.

 

*Sister huh…* Yoon Mi thought. “I never had a brother like you before” She laughed.

 

“I’m too awesome right?” he joked in return.

 

“Cheesy and erted” she corrected him.

 

“Mwoh?!” Him Chan reached out and pinched her cheeks. “How did you just describe your brother?!”

 

“He’s a meanie too!” Yoon Mi added to the negatives.

 

“Are my ears lying to me?” Him Chan pinched her cheeks a little more.

 

“Him Chan-ssi!! Let go of my cheeks!” Yoon Mi whined.

 

“-ssi?! You’re still calling me that? Shouldn’t you be calling me oppa?! If you call me oppa I’ll let you go!” He huffed.

 

“o-op..a” She mumbled her response.

 

“What is that? Say it clearer Yoon Mi if you want me to let go” Him Chan chirpily pinched her cheeks.

 

“Oppa please let go of my cheeks!!!” Yoon Mi complained, her cheeks feeling her face becoming sore.

 

“Good little sister” he cooed. “Aww someone’s angry” he teased when she ignored him.

 

“Bbuing Bbuing~” Him Chan did aegyo with his hands forming a peace sign.

 

Softening a little, she huffed and walked out of the kitchen.

 

“Did I see a little smile in there Yoon Mi?!” Him Chan called after her. “My aegyo worked didn’t it!!” He said happily like a kid.

 

“You’re imagining things Him Chan-ss…oppa” She corrected herself in midway as Him Chan got ready to pinch her cheeks again.

 

*I wouldn’t mind having a cheesy but cheerful oppa like him…* she thought to herself, letting out a teensy smile.


Annyeong!!!

How are you my lovely readers? :D Have you seen B.A.P's egg song on inkigayo?? I swear I've never been more jealous of an egg before!

I wish I could recieve a kiss from Dae Hyun too~ TT^TT

Excuse me while I wallow in my fangirl misery *Crying + Dying whale sounds*

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter!!

With Love~

Violynn :)

19/08/2012