35 - It's not guilt

The Endless War

Staring at the final pack of blood that Dae Hyun left for her, Yoon Mi was reluctant to drink it. She needed it more than ever but it meant that her next intake of blood would come from either Him Chan or Yong Guk.

She knew that they wouldn’t mind nor would they oppose to giving her blood but she didn’t want to be dependent on someone else for it.

Having to depend on Dae Hyun was already bad enough, she was afraid that she might get attached to the second person’s blood that she took.

Unconsciously her lips as she smelt the aroma of his blood, Yoon Mi felt water and realized how hungry she really was for blood. His blood specifically and as she let the liquid flow down her parched throat, all she could think of was how deliciously sweet it was and the velvety smoothness it had when it slid down and going into her veins. It was a taste that she would never get sick of, a feeling that she would secretly relish.

Setting the glass down, Yoon Mi covered her face because she could feel her entire body grow warm and her heartbeat accelerating as she also sense her blood cells merging with his.

*Is this how it feels to get drunk?* Yoon Mi wondered as she finished off the rest of the blood that he had left for her. She felt incredibly warm and this dizzying feeling that can’t be gotten rid of, she wasn’t sure if she was able to walk in a straight line. *Is it possible for a vampire to get drunk in the first place*Her thoughts slurred in her head.

*Dae Hyun, I can’t believe you’re affecting me so much* Yoon Mi stood there for quite awhile before she returned to normal.

-

“I see that you’ve drank my blood” A familiar voice came from behind her when she opened her eyes and realized that she was in that white place again.

Turning around, Yoon Mi saw Dae Hyun sitting cross legged a distance away.

Her heart pounding instantly as he wasn’t wearing his mask, Yoon Mi’s eyes unconsciously fell to his lips and memories came flooding back.

“Is it the last one in the fridge?” He asked, snapping her out of her reverie.

“Yes…It’s the last one…” Yoon Mi looked away.

He could see the worry in her eyes as she set them to the distance, avoiding his gaze.

Getting up to his feet, Dae Hyun walked over to Yoon Mi. “What are you worried about?” He placed his hand on her shoulder.

Opening , Yoon Mi tried to speak but words wouldn’t come out. Did she really want to admit that she only want to depend on him? That she only wanted his blood?

“I…I’m scared Dae Hyun”

“What are you scared of?”

“I don’t want to drink another person’s blood…I’m already doing this to you I can’t do it to someone else…”

“Don’t feel guilty about this Yoon Mi –”

“It’s not guilt” Yoon Mi interrupted, searching his eyes for an answer. What she felt wasn’t guilt, she felt guilty the first time she took from Ji Yong. She know how it feels…this time; it’s something else aside from guilt.

“What is it then?” Dae Hyun met her gaze.

Her breath stopped in her chest and she couldn’t describe how she felt.

Shaking her head “I don’t know Dae Hyun, I really don’t know”

Watching her, Dae Hyun wanted to claim those lips again.

But he can’t take advantage of someone who was confused, someone who looked so lost. He had done it once to her weeks ago but she wasn’t confused then.

Caressing her cheek “I can’t come back in time Yoon Mi, I wish I could but Elder Yong still has a handful of places that we need to travel to. You have to, no; you need to take blood from someone else.”

Looking at her expression, Dae Hyun had never seen Yoon Mi this distraught since the night she found out about Ji Yong’s death. He really wished that he could go back but it was essential that they finish this trip.

“Don’t over think it Yoon Mi. When it happens then we’ll see what goes from there” Dae Hyun put his hand to the back of her neck and pulled her in for a hug.

Closing her eyes as she rested her forehead against his shoulder, *Am I really over thinking it? Should I not think about it and let things happen on its own?* Yoon Mi thought to herself.

Sensing that her heart calmed down and the confusion leaving her, Dae Hyun gingerly ended their hug. Lightly tracing the side of her face with his fingertips, Yoon Mi stared at him unsure of what to expect next.

A warm smile gracing his lips “Tell me what’s going on back home” he said, letting out his homesickness a little.

Taken aback with his warm smile, Yoon Mi looked away briefly before filling him in on what was going on at home.

Managing to talk for awhile, Dae Hyun was glad that he had got her to forget about her blood dilemma for a little while.

-

“Don’t avoid me Yoon Mi” Dae Hyun said with a knowing look in his eyes as he locked gaze with her. He had a feeling that her scarce appearance was intentional.

“Sleep normally, will you? If we meet here, we meet. If we don’t you’d still get a good night’s sleep.” He pleaded; the dark eye rings and tired appearance he saw in Yoon Mi when she appeared worried him. Not wanting to say anything initially but he couldn’t take it.

Being before her and not telling her how he felt? Not telling her how he worried about her?

It’s complete B.S.

Dae Hyun didn’t want her to sacrifice her health for something like this. Holding her hands “Look at me Yoon Mi, please promise me you’ll sleep normally”

Blinking in surprise, Yoon Mi had thought that she had managed to look normal and hide her tiredness. Turns out it wasn’t so and Dae Hyun had only been ignoring that detail.

Sensing that their time was ending soon, Dae Hyun pulled her close again. Wrapping his arms around her “Promise me Yoon Mi” he whispered into her ear.

His breath tickled her ear and it sent shivers down Yoon Mi’s spine. Nervously gulping and meeting his gaze, Yoon Mi nodded unable to trust her voice.

“No, Yoon Mi. I need to hear you say it” Dae Hyun looked into her eyes expectantly.

“I-I pr-promise” Yoon Mi stuttered with her voice wavering. She hated how he would get her to promise things like that, confusing her with their proximity and closeness. Her heart would pound uncontrollably and her mind would get befuddled.

It was as if Dae Hyun knew of the effect he had on her and took advantage of it to get her to promise things.

Giving a kiss to her cheek, Dae Hyun let her go and watched her fade away.

-

Opening her eyes, Yoon Mi found herself back in her room. *That is the last time I fall asleep after drinking his blood* She made a mental note that in the future, even if he’s nearby or faraway. She would never fall asleep directly after taking his blood.

The connection between them would be too strong and more strange things like this would happen.

Feeling really tired, Yoon Mi looked at her pillow and thought of her promise with Dae Hyun.

Touching the cheek that Dae Hyun kissed *I should just sleep right? I shouldn’t be bothered about whether I see him or not right?* She wondered for a few minutes before finally deciding to lie down.

Turning to sleep on her side, Yoon Mi wondered what got into Dae Hyun these days. Why…

Why he had dared to do the things he did.

Turning red at the memories, Yoon Mi shut her eyes hoping to block out everything.

But everything became more vivid behind her eyelids.

The close proximity they had held each other, the moments when they held each other’s gazes…

Yoon Mi willed her heart to stop pounding uncontrollably in her chest as she tried breathing long and even breaths, as much as she tried, Yoon Mi didn’t want to admit that she might…possibly be falling for Dae Hyun.


I am back!! I am soooo terribly sorry for not updating as much as possible >.< I've been really busy.

thank you for staying with me :)

As babys should know....BAP's New MV, No Mercy is out!!!! And I am releasing this chapter to celebrate its awesomeness and iness, along with every other -ness! *Dae Hyun! You look hot in dark red/maroon!!*

OTL *My uncontrollable feels I have as a Baby >.<

To those that guess Irresistable lips from BTOB YES you are CORRECT!!!

And to everyone else thank you for sending in your answers! XD I'll reply them soon!

With Love,

Violynn 19/07/2012