C63: The truth

The Endless War

Edited once on 130318 *I forgot to read through for spelling errors.*


 

Memories starting from centuries or even a millennia ago. Yoon Mi watched the past happening before her eyes like a fast forwarded movie.

Taking it all in she saw times changing, the wars fought and the rise of the society.
 
It was a huge history lesson to swallow but certain parts of her ancestor's past brought tears to her eyes while others made her fume at outrage.
 
One small fraction of history made her smile. 
 
How her parents grew up, the embarrassing secrets that her siblings kept to themselves... Seeing the past and the warm memories it held of theirs and her own childhood made her heart ache with yearning for them to able to be with her now.
 
Red began to fill her vision as the ambush on her family began replaying before her eyes. The blood in her turning cold at one important aspect that she momentarily forgot.
 
With her own eyes, Yoon Mi saw how both her parents, Hae Yong and Yoon Ji died.
 
All of them killed by someone whom she had never expected it to be.
 
Kwon Ji Yong.
 
"Why?! Why does it have to be you!!!" Yoon Mi screamed hysterically when she saw how her parents and eldest brother and sister died at his hands.
 
"How could he!" She crumbled under the weight of knowledge and broke down.
 
"Why isn't any his memories showing up!!!" Hot tears streamed down her face as the past blurred and faded out, it all ended when those four people died. 
 
"Because Kwon Ji Yong isn't dead." A familiar voice came from beside her. 
 
His arms went around Yoon Mi's shaking body. Hoping that she would still and eventually calm down.
 
"Why are you here DaeHyun? How can you be here?" Gasping between sobs, the crying girl struggled weakly in his arms.
 
The way that he held her seemd like he was trying to hold her together as she was breaking apart from memories of her family's deaths.
 
She wanted so badly to remove these memories but they were already permanently etched into her mind, not permitting her to forget.
 
Struggling weakly, Yoon Mi thought of how cruel the spirits were to use her only weakness against her as a test "You must be an illusion to trick me" tears continued to stream down her face as she mumbled incoherently.
 
"I saw what happened to your family" He said somberly. 
 
The word freezes her as it instantly brought back the memories and the grotesque scenes of them getting murdered. 
 
Images of blood, severed head and organs ripped out of their bodies. Their screams of pain and the look on their faces haunting her.
 
"Yoon Mi, remember that time is still passing in the outside world while we're still here." DaeHyun tried to snap her out of her memories.
 
"You're the real person alright" Laughing bitterly as tears marked her face, "only you would still remember the outside world while still being trapped in another."
 
"You can be stuck at times but you can't be stuck forever." DaeHyun tried to brush away her tears with his hands but new droplets kept falling.
 
"You'll always be remembering these memories right?" DaeHyun asked Yoon Mi, causing her to nod hesitantly as she wondered where he was leading to.
 
"So you'll never be able to forget." He said plainly, holding her gently by the shoulders now. Telling her his thoughts and opinions "if you're sad now because you keep remembering...are you going to be sad all your life? Is that what your family wanted for you?"
 
"Am I not even allowed to be upset or even grieve at the knowledge of the betrayal?" Yoon Mi struggled, wanting to get his grip off her shoulder. She found that he was being simply too unreasonable about her situation.
 
DaeHyun sighed as he went back to hugging her. "We both know how long you'll take to grieve and get over those feelings Yoon Mi. You'd never want to come back to me if I let you go now"
 
Inhaling sharply, Yoon Mi hated how he was right. How his words always forced her to face the truth of the matter when all she wanted was to hide and how he was selfishly holding onto her right now. Even though he was correct in his guess on how she might never come back if he were to truly let her grieve.
 
"Will you face this truth Yoon Mi?"  DaeHyun's voice and words caused her to turn to look at him and into his eyes. 
 
Seeing his genuine concern and worry in his them as he continued to speak. "Learning to look beyond the memories and treating them as something that has already happened is difficult. But would you rather deal with them now or later when you stand face to face with Ji Yong?"
 
Yoon Mi's heart ached at the mention of Ji Yong. Would she ever be ready to face him? After seeing her family die at the hands of the man whom she had loved for such a big part of her life...
 
"DaeHyun...Many months back. I vowed to kill the one responsible for all this" Her voice trembled as she spoke. 
 
Wondering where her initial vengeance went. She held up both her hands and stared at them. "Will I be able to kill him? If I do...won't I be like him?"
 
Hands quivering at the thought "Won't I become someone who is heartless enough to kill their own family?"
 
Silence fills the air for awhile before DaeHyun spoke up.
 
"You won't"
 
His words surprises Yoon Mi as she watches him hold her trembling hands, "how are you so sure?" She whispers.
 
"Listen to yourself" his voice fills her ears from how close they are. "Are your words like those of a heartless person? From the sound of your worries, I believe that you won't be like him" 
 
Trying to trust in his words and reasoning. Her hands finally stop shaking and her breaths evens out.
 
Slowly the pain in her mind fades and she sees her blond self standing a distance away. 
 
Yoon Mi wipes the remaining tears away and walks towards her other self.
 
"I see that you have finally coped with the past" the blond said solemnly.
 
Letting out a shaky breath "Just barely." She wiped her eyes with the back of her hand, wanting to stop another onset of tears. "I'm going to cry my eyes out later when officially I'm done with the change."
 
"That is so like you to do that" the blond rolled her eyes as she folded her arms.
 
"From this point on only you are allowed Yoon Mi." Her gaze flickered to DaeHyun briefly. "I appreciate your lover boy for sending you so quickly to me but the remainder of The Change has to be finished by you only."
 
Walking towards DaeHyun, the blond girl cocked her head to the side and sighed. *You can hear me, can you?* she spoke with her mind.
 
*Yes, I can* DaeHyun answered back.
 
Straightening up and looking into his eyes. *I will tell you that the future is tumultuous and uncertain. And as her guardian spirit, I thank you for being by her side. You have been better than most Kwons that I have seen throughout the ages*
 
Laying a hand on his forehead *I cannot change the future but I help your fate.*
 
Warmth filled his being and there was a slight buzz in his ear. *May the gift that I bestow you and the other help that I have provided help you in the future*
 
The blond spoke as DaeHyun closed his eyes and accepted the gift. "Whether she returns to you dead or alive depends on Yoon Mi"
 
Retracting her hand, DaeHyun was sent away and she approached Yoon Mi. 
 
"The moment of reckoning is here." The voice of her blond self changes, sounding fuller and deeper.
 

Annyeong my dear readers :3

I'm back~ I'm slightly better and like Yoon Mi I guess I'm learning to cope with things...

I felt bad that I was making you guys wait so long and decided to publish this chapter. 

Don't hate me for my usual cliffhanger styled ending XD 

i'll be back soon~ you know that I can't really stay away from this for too long :3

with love,

Violynn (130317 ; 5:06pm)