22 - Cry it all out

The Endless War

“So tell me more about yourself” Him Chan smiled sweetly as he prepared two cups of coffee for them.

Sitting awkwardly in the kitchen, she wasn’t used to Him Chan’s smiling. Whenever she saw him he would have a neutral, expressionless face.

“Umm…I’m born on Nov 18 1996 and I like to draw?” Yoon Mi trailed off making it sound like a question.

“Don’t look so scared” Him Chan laughed as he patted her head. “I don’t usually use my powers like how I did just now”

Looking at him warily, Yoon Mi held the warm drink with both her hands.

“Maybe I should talk about myself so you’ll be more comfortable after knowing something about me” He tapped his chin in thought. “Alright, I like talking to people, teasing, making jokes and imitating people. So don’t be too offended if I make a bad joke or something alright?” He winked at Yoon Mi, making her cheeks warm up. “You know my gift, I can charm someone and have them do my bidding. But I rarely use it since there isn’t much to be done. Also some things are best don –”

“Done ourselves” Yoon Mi finished his sentence for him. Realising that she just did, she looked away awkwardly. “Sorry, Ji Yong oppa said that often…so it came out naturally.”

“Who was he to you?” Him Chan asked, his gaze gentle and not intense like how it usually was.

“He was…everything to me” Yoon Mi said as she paused to find the right words to say. “He was my protector…fighting off people that threatened my life. He was my future husband too…”

Playing the ring on her fourth finger “Most importantly he was my best friend; he understood everything about me, my likes, dislikes. What I was afraid of, what I cared about and what I was worried about…”

“What worried you?” Him Chan wondered. He had heard that the depth or the heart of a person could be judged by what they are worried about.

“Being in a relationship with my blood related brother, not being gifted when everyone in my family is incredibly so and Ji Yong’s health…” Yoon Mi lifted the cup and tried a sip of the coffee, scared that it might be really bitter.

“It’s sweet…” She spoke out surprised.

“Ah, yes. I made sweet coffee for you. I wasn’t sure whether you’d like bitter tasting kind so I went with this.” He babbled on, rubbing the back of his neck. “Do you like it?”

Nodding as she took more sips of the sweet caffeine. “That’s good to know” He smiled, ruffling her hair.

“Why were you worried about having a relationship with your brother? Wasn’t it normal in your family?” Him Chan asked.

“I-I don’t know…I was educated on both vampire society and how our family breaks society’s convention with our very existence. We were taught to live away from society, to not get involved in its constant struggle for money, fame and power…

Knowing that society didn’t approve of our relationships…I was afraid of loving him…” she admitted honestly. Never telling anyone aside from her Unnie and Ji Yong about these things before, Yoon Mi felt that a weight was lifted off her shoulder now that someone else knows about her struggle.

“Why do you have so many tears to cry?” Him Chan said, getting off his stool and walking over to her. Blinking in surprise, Yoon Mi didn't know that she was crying herself. Until Him Chan held Yoon Mi’s face in his hands and wiped her tears away with his thumbs that she realised that tears were falling.

His hands were so warm a sense of nostalgia came over her, causing more tears to run over his hands.

“Yoonie…How long do you intend to cry for” He said softly.

“I don’t know” Yoon Mi said sobbing quietly. “I hate being so weak, I hate that I couldn’t protect myself. That I always had to rely on my oppas, unnie and now you guys…If I had my powers Ji Yong didn’t have to work so hard to fight off assassins and I wouldn’t be so heartbroken right now…i-if if–”

“Sshh” Him Chan hushed her as he let go of her face to hold her tiny frame “Cry it all out for now. But remember that everything heals with time. So when the day comes, you’ll have to stop crying over these things…”

-

A figure stood outside the kitchen, eavesdropping on their conversation. He hadn’t intended to but when he went to Yoon Mi’s room to find it empty, he worried slightly as he walked about looking for her.

Finding her at the kitchen with Him Chan, somehow he had managed to get her to sit down with him and have a chat.

Slightly wishing that he was the one comforting her, he remained hidden as he knew that he might not be able to be as gentle and or be able to comfort her so nicely and sweetly.

“Someday I will stop” He heard her saying. “Someday I will get over this pain…this void that he left behind runs too deep.”

-

Him Chan could only hold her in his arms as she sobbed.

“Why does it hurt so much” Yoon Mi asked after quietening down. “It feels as if I lost half of me. Like a part of me died when I heard that he’s dead…”

“Because you love him, he’s a big part of your life. He was always by your side.” Him Chan answered for her.

“H-How do you understand what I feel so well?” taken aback by his answer, Yoon Mi blinked at him repeatedly.

His happy eyes turning sad “Because I lost someone I loved like you.”

“Loved? Does that mean that you don’t love her anymore?”

“I can’t love someone who’s been dead for years Yoon Mi” Him Chan answered giving a wry smile.

“I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to bring up bad memories –” Yoon Mi looked apologetically

“It’s okay. To know someone better, one must be willing to tell more about themselves before the other is willing to share.” Looking into Yoon Mi’s eyes directly for the first time, he saw a little of his past self.

Afraid.

Guilty.

And alone…

“Do you want to hear my story?” He asked as they held each other’s gaze. *I don’t want you to be alone…not especially when you have us around. We’ve been through so much pain ourselves, we know how you feel. You’re not as alone as you think you are…*


Anneyong! :D

I'm really in a good mood thanks to everyone's comments, so I've decided to upload now~

Here's part 2 of Commander Him Chan special :D And reading the end of this chapter, there is a part 3 where he's going to tell her about his past~

Aren't I nice? *Oh wait, did I say that before? Hah, well it doesn't hurt to repeat the truth :)*

It's mother's day today so have you guys or gals prepared something for your precious omma? :D

I sent a bouquet of flowers to my mom's office on friday :D She was soooo surprised and she told me that her colleagues were super jealous of her XD And that it caused a riot in the office *Well not a literal riot* Since the receptionist was on medical leave, the delievery man went up into the office himself and personally handed it over to her XD

Hee Hee~ I'm glad that 'mission: Surprise mom with bouquet of flowers' is a success! I was so worried that it might not reach her >.<

Celebrate the one who bore you for nine months! Or at least say that you love her if you're unable to afford anything :)

It's the thought that counts

With love!

Violynn~

13.05.2012 (12.10am)