48 - Inadequate

The Endless War

-Edited once on 22/11/2012 - 12:03pm -


“Why do you look so fearful Jagiya?” The voice that used to sound so warm and loving sent chills down her spine.

Hating the fact that her dress was bare shoulder, she started to shiver from the cold winter night.

“Is Jagiya cold? You do want my jacket?” He offered. “Do you know how jealous I was of the attention you got tonight? Some of them had eyes on you like they wanted to devour you…”

The person stepping out into the moonlight, Yoon Mi was half relieved that it was not Ji Yong in person but only his voice, meaning that the poor party goer had gotten himself manipulated or possessed.

But still, it didn’t mean that this person before her doesn’t pose a threat. As long as he remained possessed Yoon Mi wouldn’t feel at ease.

With every step Ji Yong took, Yoon Mi took a step back.

“Why do you keep moving away?” Ji Yong asked as he tilted his head to a side. “You do know this person I’ve taken over has a very interesting gift?” He gave a bone chilling eye smile while taking another step closer.

Trying to lift her foot, Yoon Mi found that she couldn’t. She was rooted to that spot and was unable to take another step.

Her body was completely paralyzed.

“W-who are you?” She asked.

“Don’t you recognize who I am Jagiya?” He feigned hurt as his hands clutched over his heart.

His facial expression turning serious, Ji Yong walked up to Yoon Mi and held her chin forcing her to look up at him.

His eyes were like Ji Yong, aside from that and his voice… everything else was different.

“I thought you were smarter than this Yoon Mi. You were so bright when I tutored you.” With his free hand, Ji Yong ran the back of his hand against her cheek slowly tracing her face from her cheekbones to her jaw line.

Leaning in and whispering into her ear, “I am you’re fiancé, Kwon Ji Yong” he said before making Yoon Mi unconscious.

-

*Where is she? I haven’t seen her anywhere in ages.* Dae Hyun scanned the crowd over and over.

Looking for his hyungs and dongsaengs, she was no-where around them and he started getting worried.

Heading to the garden, he hoped that she was not there. He had meant that they meet there later.

*Guys, I can’t find Yoon Mi anywhere. Please come out to the garden and help me look for her* He pleaded to his hyungs. Worried that Yoon Mi’s premonition was true and something had happened.

Rushing to the door, he searched around frantically for any sign of her.

-

It was eerily quiet that night out.

There were no crickets, no rustling of leaves...nothing at all.

“What are you doing with our younger sister” A deep voice echoed in the silence of the garden.

Quickly backing away, the male got up to his feet with his head bowed. “Nothing, I’m only checking up on this lady who seemed to have fainted.”

“My family will attend to her, please return to the ball and enjoy the rest of the night” Yong Guk answered politely while his eyes were dark and full of warning.

Reminding himself to check up on this person’s family and background along with the gifts that he possessed.

Zelo gave a cry of surprise when he saw Yoon Mi on the ground, sprinting to where Yoon Mi was and ignoring who he had passed, he immediately knelt beside her to check on her.

Young Jae came jogging over when he heard Zelo from not too far away.

Dae Hyun arrived briefly after him and seeing Yoon Mi on the floor, he knelt next to Zelo. Holding Yoon Mi’s hand he used his gift to check for anything wrong.

It wasn't long after that Him Chan and Jong Up arrive to see Yoon Mi on the floor while Dae Hyun was still trying to diagnose her.

*There’s nothing wrong with her, she simply unconscious* Dae Hyun decided after minutes passed and he could find no fault in her system.

“Zelo, please carry her to the car. Dae Hyun and you will return home to look after her while we need to stay here with Elder Yong.” Yong Guk instructed.

Him Chan wanted to protest and go with Yoon Mi but he understood that Elder Yong needed them there as well.

Watching the three of them leave, Him Chan sighed and went back in with the rest of his siblings.

-

*Bring her to one of the spare bedrooms. If there’s a tracker on her we can’t risk her exact locations.* Dae Hyun warned the maknae as he carried her into the house. On their way home it had rained and as much as the house help tried to shelter them, they were still soaked by the rain.

Wordlessly agreeing, he walked up the stairs to the second floor and a number of doors away from their original room.

*Could you bring me two glasses of blood from the kitchen?* He asked Zelo while asking for their housemaid to help Yoon Mi change out of the ball gown.

“Hyung, why are you out here?” Zelo asked when he returned with the glasses.

*Mrs. Kim is helping Yoon Mi change out of the dress* He answered.

“You may go in now boys” The old house help said once she stepped out and resumed her chores.

Giving a slight bow for respect, both of them rushed in to check on her.

Pulling up a chair, Dae Hyun sat next to the bed and placed his hand on hers as usual. Checking over and over again, he started to panic when all his analysis came out as normal and healthy.

*It’s not something that’s physical* Dae Hyun projected. *I can’t find anything wrong with her health; it has to be her mental state. It’s the only thing I can’t heal*

“But you managed to wake Yoon Mi out of her coma like sleep! Isn’t there anything that you can do?” Zelo shook his Hyung.

*There's nothing I can do Zelo, what I did last time was out of pure luck and not without consequences.* Dae Hyun explained as he shrugged off Zelo's grip.

Hurt flashed across the maknae's face as he took a step back. It felt like history was repeating itself to him and like in the past, he was helpless to do anything.

Hearing the youngest leave the room with a loud slam of the door, Dae Hyun sighed loudly wondering what he could do to wake her up.

*If I placed my forehead against hers like the last time...I wonder if it would work* Dae Hyun thought as he leaned closer to Yoon Mi.

“Do not waste your efforts young healer” A familiar voice spoke.

*Who and where are you speaking to us from* Dae Hyun got up to his feet with his guard up.

“I am Yoon Ji, have you forgotten?” Her voice came from the window.”I was the one warning you to stay away as well.”

“Why did you do that?” Dae Hyun pulled down his mask to speak to her. "I had managed to find Yoon Mi first before Yong Guk did but you ask me to hide! What's the meaning of this? What's going on? Tell me!" He raised his voice out of frustration.

He hated seeing someone else saving the one he loves, he wanted to be the one chasing away what threatened her.

Being unable to do that just now and only watch Yong Guk get to her first and speak to the stranger, being able to protect Yoon Mi.

It tore him up inside, he felt weak, incapable, inadequate of saving the girl he loves...

Yoon Ji gaze was full of sadness at her younger sister “It is not my place to reveal who she was speaking to but I’m sure Yoon Mi will tell you of it when she awakes.”

“Is there anything that is wrong with Yoon Mi?” Dae Hyun questioned.

“I doubt there is anything wrong, shock is the cause of how she is now.” Yoon Ji’s reflection spoke.

Looking at Dae Hyun sternly “She needs to wake up on her own later; you can’t forcibly wake her up.  It’s not safe to try and do what you usually do” Yoon Ji warned.

Shoulders slumping at how helpless he felt, Dae Hyun hated that feeling. Unable to do anything and simply sitting there and waiting for her to come around. What he had just heard added on to the hurricane of feelings that was going through him right now.

Hearing movements coming from Yoon Mi, they turned their attention to her but it seemed that she wasn’t awake. In fact it looked like she was having a nightmare.

Tossing and turning, Yoon Mi had a panicked expression on her face.

His heart constricted in his chest seeing Yoon Mi like that. It pained him to see her suffer and be helpless.

Sitting next to her on the bed, Dae Hyun held her hand and thought of what he could do.

Taking a deep breath, he decided to sing.

He had read of the state of calmness a song can bring to a mind and hoped that what he read works.

Still struggling initially, as Dae Hyun progressed on into the song. Yoon Mi’s struggling died down.

As he sang, Dae Hyun brought his hand to her cheek.

Wiping away the tear stains, he repeated the song in a gentler tone hoping to ensure that she was peacefully asleep.

Watching her younger sister being loved like that it made Yoon Ji slightly envious.  Because of her choice to stay on in this holographic state  instead of passing on, she would never be able to meet her Hae Yong again.

“Please be careful young healer. Some things are never what they seem.” She spoke. *The Change needs to happen soon Yoon Mi, before it’s too late for you to save yourself.* Yoon Ji thought to herself.

“Goodbye my dear sister…Next time I hope that you’ll be awake to meet me.  Young Healer, thank you for looking after my sister and loving her as well. Please continue to look after her.” Yoon Ji said before the rain slowly receded and she had gone as well.

Nodding, Dae Hyun wondered why she never used his name. Removing his gaze from the window, he turned back to look at Yoon Mi and caressed the side of her face. His thumb brushing against her cheek in a slow circular motion *please don’t sleep too long Yoon Mi. I hate seeing you like this. It’s reminding me of the limitations of my gift. That no matter how hard I try there are still things that I can’t save you from…*

-

*Why does this place look so familiar…* Yoon Mi thought warily as she spun around slowly, taking in the details of the room that she was in.

Walking around the foyer of the house, when she came up to a staircase leading to the second floor with the living room to her right and the dining room and kitchen in the room before her, dread filled her entire being as she realized where she was.

She was at her old home.

And if she was able to dream of that place…it could only mean of one thing.

 

 

 

 

Ji Yong is really alive.

 


(Edited at 22/11/12 - 12:03pm)

Well, I read through it again & there were some small inconsistent details that I missed out because I was so tired at 4:44am.

What I added on and edited did not make any changes to the story flow. It's for smoothness' sake and for the continuity of later chapters~

-End of edit notes-

Hi everyone!!!

I am sooo sorry for letting you wait for so long. I really have a lot on my plate even if archery trainings have become lesser at this moment of time.

Is this the life of a final year student? *Sigh, projects and assigments all the time*

And it seems like I accidentally left it as a cliffhanger again XD

Hahaha~ I'm sorry for doing this to you guys

*Actually I'm not, I like seeing 1. frustrated comments "OMG, how could you" 2. Seeing surprised react "OAO! He's alive?!!!" and 3. The knowing and hard to fool people "Aha! I knew he was alive!"

So after 48 chapters, my evil side had revealed itself ^^

Anyway, I hope that all of you enjoy reading the chapter.

I hope to be back with another one soon... hopefully....

With love,

Violynn. (22/11/2012 - 4:44am)