12 - Wake up

The Endless War

*If I pass out you need to bring me back to my room* Dae Hyun warned Young Jae as he let go of Yoon Mi’s hand.

“Wait, why will you pass out?” Young Jae asked looking even more worried than just now. He hadn’t imagined that things would happen like this.

*I experience her pain when I talk to her mind when she’s in this state* Dae Hyun explained as he sat on the side of the bed, staring at her unconscious expression. Slowly leaning in, Dae Hyun braced himself for the pain.

*Yoon Mi* He called weakly when their forehead touched. Pain flooded his senses like millions of needles as he felt a thick fog in her mind. Placing both hands on the bed to support himself, Dae Hyun tried something he never thought of doing before.

Projecting himself as opposed to his thoughts in her mind, Dae Hyun clenched his fists as it required a lot more strength to do so.

Opening the eyes to his projected self, he saw that he was in an unfamiliar house.

Looking around, he found her by the foot of the stairs smiling happily with another guy. *That must be Ji Yong* He observed the way Yoon Mi’s eyes were sparkling with happiness as they talked in each other’s embrace. He had never seen her smile at all during the weeks she had stayed in their home; *only tears and sadness* he thought to himself.

Here she was, smiling as if Ji Yong was all she needed to live. Dae Hyun looked on and knew that this dream had to end. She might possibly die in this coma if she doesn’t wake up and live like a normal person.

Hearing his footsteps, Yoon Mi looked away from Ji Yong and instantly regretted it. *This is only a dream…* she realised as she saw reality in the form of Dae Hyun.

How he had intruded in her mind she made a mental note to find out later.

Things faded around them and became a white empty space as Dae Hyun walked closer to her. Sadly watching Ji Yong oppa fade away, Yoon Mi looked at him with hard eyes as he stood before her.

“What do you want?” She asked coldly at his masked face.

*Wake up* He told her these two words in his thought projection.

“Damn you! You’re already in my mind! Don’t go projecting your thoughts even further Dae Hyun!” Yoon Mi yelled angrily. “What if I don’t want to wake up? What if I don’t want to face the reality that I’m useless without Ji Yong around me and that I might never receive my powers like I’m supposed to?!”

"I understand your feeling of loss–" Dae Hyun spoke out loud this time.

“What could you possibly understand?! You don’t know me, none of you here in this freaking house do!” She yelled, getting even angrier at his pretence of understanding her.

“I don’t” Dae Hyun answered honestly this time, figuring that sympathy wouldn’t convince her. Walking up to her face to face. Looking up at him, Yoon Mi saw something unreadable in his eyes as he spoke. 

“You don’t know any one of us here either. If you knew some of our past, would you see us differently? If you saw what I went through would it change your thinking?”

“What are you talking about” Yoon Mi asked, feeling frightened when she saw that her surroundings began to change. “What are you doing!” she spun around at the unfamiliar sight.

“No! No!” Yoon Mi clutched her head at the dark angry flashes of memories that she saw. “Get out of my head Dae Hyun! Get out!” She cried. Unable to comprehend the fragments of time that he showed her. The vivid details and the pain that belonged only to him…

It was too much for her own heart to bear. Everything was so dark and sad; there was no light where he was at. Just dark hopelessness, despair and pain.

Jolting awake as her eyes shot open, Dae Hyun collapse over her in exhaustion from using his powers too much. It took all of his strength to force his way into her mind and draining him completely when he projected his own mind into hers.

“Yah! Dae Hyun!” Young Jae reached out instantly to pull him off Yoon Mi. Checking his pulse and everything to make sure he’s alright. Thankfully it seemed that he fainted from fatigue.

Carrying him onto his back, Young Jae looked at Yoon Mi who had a blank look on her face as she hugged her knees. Watching her, Yong Jae wondered why Dae Hyun would go to such lengths to help her.

Shaking his head, he carried his brother back to his bedroom a few doors away.

-

Opening his eyes, Dae Hyun saw that he was in his room. *Damn! I must have passed out...What day is this* He wondered, looking about for his phone. Checking the time and date, it was Wednesday and by the looks of the sunlight that streamed onto the floor of his room. He had missed three days of school.

*Three days of not seeing how she is…* His thought trailed off as he remembered her expression when he showed her pieces of his past. The look of shock and fear was evident as her eyes darted back and forth trying to make sense of the fragments that she was given.

*She needs to stop thinking that she can’t survive without him, she needs to learn to stand on her own two feet* He sighed shaking his head. Recalling the brilliant smile she had on when she was with Ji Yong. *The man I healed that night was right, she shouldn’t forget her smile…*

Slowly getting up, Dae Hyun took his time to bathe and go through his usual routine. Ignoring the slight hunger hummed through his veins. He decided that it was bearable and that it could wait as he felt the hot water spray against his body, relaxing his stiff muscles.


Annyeong!!

I'm running late to meet someone >.< so I won't say much!

Getting really busy on my side >.< not sure if I'm able to update as often as currently do...

with love,

violynn :)

14/4/2012