54 - Tribal Marks

The Endless War

White, white and more white...

 

That was all Dae Hyun could see as he looked around him.

 

*I must be unconscious in real life* he thought to himself.

 

Sitting down cross legged, Dae Hyun closed his eyes and meditated. Taking every measure to protect himself, he wondered if he would eventually get to see the perpetrator behind this.

 

"You must either be an ignorant fool or a reckless idiot to do what you did." Said an unfamiliar voice came from behind him.

 

Not bothering to look at the person "My reason would not affect your judgement on me" He spoke, not wanting to reveal his gift.

 

"That is true, I would still think of you as the poor fool who got stuck in this web." The stranger continued.

 

"What about yourself?" Dae Hyun asked. "Are you not stuck in this web? Since you have a play in this"

 

"I have no reason to explain myself to you" The person countered.

 

"Why can't I create my illusions?!" The person sounded frustrated. 

 

"Because I have immunity against it" Dae Hyun simply said as he remained in his meditative position and state.

 

Chuckling when the person yanked him up to his feet.  Dae Hyun finally opened his eyes to take a good look at the accomplice.

 

*Such a pity. He looks like a nice person.* Dae Hyun thought to himself.

 

"I'll just have to use violence then" he muttered darkly.

 

Reaching behind him, Dae Hyun swiftly drew his curved blade that he always kept hidden on his back and didn't hesitate in running the thin but sharp blade through his enemy's torso.

 

The stranger let go of him instantly and staggered backwards, clutching his wound.

 

"Damn you" he swore. "Why isn't it healing?!" 

 

Not answering, Dae Hyun held a defensive stance. "Who are you and what do you guys want out of this" 

 

"Like I'd tell you" he spat.

 

"Then I'm not telling you anything either" Dae Hyun replied.

 

-

Yong Guk and Him Chan were taking watch over Dae Hyun as he remained unmoving in his bed.

 

Suddenly seeing a faint glow from under his shirt, Him Chan felt something warm on his hand. 

 

"Dae Hyun is using Young Jae's gift!" Him Chan exclaimed when he realised that the heat came from the ring that they all had. 

 

"He must be fighting someone in that dream. He rarely borrows our power when he fights." Yong Guk said with dread.

 

"Him Chan, go get the needle, IV drip and two blood packs" Yong Guk got up from his seat when he saw tribal marks appeared on Dae Hyun's face. (Well, think of Seighart from rave master or Allen Walker from D-Gray Man)

 

Those marks were unique to the clan that Dae Hyun came from and it was a sign that the fight got serious.

 

"Don't use up all your blood before we get ready to replace it" Yong Guk warned him, not caring whether Dae Hyun could hear him or not.

 

Returning quickly with all the items, Him Chan used the duvet to hold Dae Hyun's arm down while Yong Guk attached the IV drip containing human blood to his vein, using strong adhesive tape to hold the needle in place in case Dae Hyun moved about.

 

His inward battle lasted for days as Young Jae continued to gather the items and to familiarize himself with the process of destroying the ring, while Him Chan, Yong Guk, Jong Up and Zelo took turns in watching over Dae Hyun.

 

Yoon Mi wasn't allowed to come near him to be safe. They didn't want Dae Hyun's effort in getting rid of her nightmares to return to her again.

 

-

Bringing Dae Hyun into the room when they had everything set up, they placed him on something that resembled a surgical table and strapped him down while doing their best not to have any direct contact with him. 

 

Their rings had stopped glowing and the tribal marks had disappeared but they were still worried.

 

"I'm sorry that we have to do this Dae Hyun...I have no idea what might happen and we can't risk anything..." Young Jae apologized with a quiet voice, silently hoping that nothing would happen to his best friend and brother.

 

Adding on to the dreary mood, from the window they could see dark clouds gathered outside and thunder rumbled in the distance.

 

Using a special container to hold the ring when he removed it from Dae Hyun's hand, charred skin was in place of where the ring was.

 

Gritting his teeth at the sight of his friend’s pain, Young Jae proceeded tipped the container over to place the ring on a clear crystal with a magic circle engraved into it.

 

Keeping the container over the ring as if to trap it there, "ask Zelo to bring Yoon Mi in" Young Jae looked to his Hyungs.

 

Yong Guk nodded and left the room.

 

Walking in with Yoon Mi, Young Jae asked her to go over to where he was. 

 

"I need to cut your hand and draw enough blood to fill this bowl." He said out pointing to an ornate bowl near the crystal slab. 

 

Holding her hand over the bowl, Young Jae held a ceremonial blade and pressed it against the side of her palm.

 

Cutting into her flesh, blood started to trickle out in a steady flow. 

 

With Yoon Mi's blood scent permeating the air, all of them held their breaths and tried hard not to breath in the scent of the blood. 

 

Keeping the blade there until they had enough, the cut was healed within seconds due to Dae Hyun's blood still within her.

 

Pouring the blood steadily on the container, it never spilt over because there was a small hole for blood to trickle into the container.

 

A clear hissing sound could be heard as the blood slowly came into contact with the ring with each slow drip.

 

Bit by bit, as more blood went into the container. The red liquid filled up the engravings in the crystal and formed a blood circle.

From there, the ring hissed violently as it shook and hit against its container.

 

"Yoon Mi, you need to repeat the words after me without error." Young Jae said gravely.

 

Saying the first line of the curse breaker, he looked at Yoon Mi expecting her to repeat.

 

Hesitantly repeating the words, they repeated the pattern until they noticed a third voice when Young Jae spoke. 

 

Seeing Yoon Ji's image by the window saying the same words in clearer pronunciation *You would know what these words mean if you went through The change Yoon Mi* her older sister thought sadly.

 

*You would have gained so much information that would be helping you and the healer now, you would have understood what the words mean and how painful this spell is for the three of you…* Yoon Ji closed her eyes and said the curse breaker with them. 

 

"And with this spell, may the bond that I had break and I be free of this bond." Yoon Ji continued on in the ancient language even though Young Jae had stopped.

 

Nodding to show that she knew what she was doing, Yoon Mi followed after her Unnie's words.

 

"This bond that the ring holds, have no effect on me. 

This person whose bond that I am breaking with

Will never be able to form another with me 

The payment that I offer is this blood that I pour.

Any displeasure that the spirits hold, may it fall on me and me alone"

 

Finishing those words a beat slower that her older sister, Young Jae held her wrist and dipped her index finger in the remaining blood that the bowl held. 

 

Moving her hand to draw a circle in the air, Yoon Mi's eyes widened when the blood remained in the air.

 

Never stopping, Young Jae moved her hands until an intricate circle was drawn.

 

"With this, I hereby break the bond." Yoon Ji said, prompting her dongsaeng to repeat.

 

"...s, I hereby break the bond" Yoon Mi repeated her sister's words.

 

Watching the circle fade into the container "It's finished" Yoon Ji said and a piercing scream was heard.


Annyeong!! 

I'm back with another chapter!! I've been updating my other stories and this felt a little left out XD 

I'm glad that you guys are commenting so much on the past few chapters ^_^ well duh since I'm putting in a lil' bit of action.

This chapter is dedicated to Block B since they're the group that got me liking Hip Hop, or I should say HepHap both Western and Kpop wise.

So, if it wasn't for Block B. I wouldn't have been able to like or appreciate B.A.P's music as much.

I have a lot to thank to these 7 goofy, derpy and lovable guys. #ISTILLSUPPORTBLOCKB

Thank you for reading this long, naggy author's note :) 

Comment and upvote~ I love reading your comments even if you're screaming at me *Okay, the screaming part is a little subjective* :3

With Love,

Violynn (07/01/2013 ; 11:49PM )