53 - Get Out

The Endless War

"What? Why?" Yong Guk asked.

 

Trying to catch his breath, Young Jae answered "the curse on the ring is targeted to Yoon Mi. But if someone else gets a hold of the ring there can be adverse effects-"

 

Interrupted by a loud thud, everyone turned to see what it was and saw Dae Hyun passed out on the ground. 

 

"Dae Hyun!!" Yoon Mi cried as she got out of bed.

 

"DON'T TOUCH HIM!" Young Jae yelled. "The curse is directed to you, so if you come into contact with him it might get transferred back to you"

 

Retracting her hand, guilt reflected in her eyes. *What have I done* she thought to herself *It's all my fault...*

 

"We need to wrap him up with something and carry him back to his room." Young Jae said as he went out and came back with thick duvets. "The ring must not leave him in this period of time. It's extremely volatile and unstable when it's not with its intended target."

 

Yong Guk carried Dae Hyun out with Him Chan and Young Jae following after him. 

 

Looking at Yoon Mi with sympathetic eyes, Jong Up placed his hand on her arm.

 

The touch surprised her and she looked up at him with tears slowly building up in her eyes.

 

"It's not your fault..." Jong Up said quietly.

 

"But it is" Her voice wavered.

 

"Dae Hyun knew that it was a risk to remove the ring" he sighed as he sat on the edge of her bed. "I could sense him weighing the risks"

 

"But it's because of me that it happened" Yoon Mi covered her face with her hands.

 

-

 

"Is there anything that I can do to help?" Yoon Mi asked when she walked into the room where Young Jae was reading up and preparing everything they needed for the ritual to break the curse. 

 

She felt guilty and wanted to see if there was anything that she could do.

 

"I would need a few drops of your blood on the day that we destroy your ring-"

 

"Wait what? Destroy my ring? It's the only thing I have left of my family..." She trailed off suddenly feeling conflicted.

 

"DAE HYUN WILL DIE IF WE DON'T DESTROY THE RING! Young Jae slammed the book shut. 

 

"H-he's going to die?" Shock registered in her mind, Yoon Mi didn't know that. 

 

Turning to face her "Yes, he will and I am not going to allow you to kill my best friend and brother who is fighting for his life over your memories of dead people!"

 

Shaking in anger "Stop being so f--king selfish and think about the living for once, Dae Hyun pampered you too much for your own good" Young Jae tried hard to control how he felt. "Get out of my sight until we need you"

 

Running out of the room, tears filled Yoon Mi's eyes again. *He's right, I've been too selfish. Why am I valuing that ring so much? Shouldn't it mean nothing to me now that I love Dae Hyun? Why didn't I think about saving him first? What the hell am I doing?*

 

Running to the art studio, Yoon Mi sat in the room for a long time where she was left with her own thoughts.

 

Hearing a crack of thunder, it started raining and over time it got heavier. 

 

"Yoon Mi..." A familiar voice called out to her.

 

"Unnie?" Yoon Mi looked up to the window.

 

"How are you doing my dear dongsaeng?" Yoon Ji placed her hand on the window.

 

Resting her forehead on the window "Horrible Unnie...Dae Hyun is dying because of me"

 

"What why?" Yoon Ji's eyes went wide.

 

 "The ring Ji Yong gave me was cursed...it was the medium that gave me nightmares every night for the past few weeks and Dae Hyun...he took the ring off my finger" Tears steadily streamed down Yoon Mi's cheeks.

 

"What?! Does he know that the curse will look for someone else if it can't affect the intended person?!" Her older sister couldn't believe how reckless he was.

 

"Jong Up said that he knew that there was a risk" She covered , trying hard to fight back a sob.

 

"What's worse was how I thought of the ring and not Dae Hyun! Unnie how could I have been so selfish! I don't deserve someone like Dae Hyun to love me." Yoon Mi berated herself harshly.

 

"It's partially our fault Yoon Mi...We were always thinking about protecting you, giving you what you wanted...we didn't realize how we failed to teach you in being selfless and doing things for others at your own expense." Yoon Ji looked at her dongsaeng sadly.

 

"W-what if he dies and it's my fault?!" Yoon Mi cried harder at the thought.

 

"He won't die my dear sister, he loves you too much to leave you alone" The older told the younger, feeling slightly envious for the love that she has found.

 

Remembering the reason why she came "Yoon Mi, you have to listen to what I have to say very carefully."

 

Looking at her older sister, Yoon Mi never heard her sister so serious before. "What is it Unnie?"

 

"Something is moving in the shadows, I'm not sure of what it is but you need to change soon. The way you are now is not enough." Yoon Ji warned, unable to disclose too much information of the future that she is able to see as a spirit.

 

"I need to change? The way that I am?" Yoon Mi looked at her sister's image in confusion.

 

Wanting to explain more, a strong and sudden gust of wind that shook the trees began to blow at the rain clouds. Making Yoon Ji's image blurred and out of focused. 

 

"Unnie wait!" Yoon Mi tapped at the window.

 

Looking up at the clouds, Yoon Ji gave her an apologetic look as the rain clouds grew distant and scattered with her own image disappearing as well.


Annyeong!!

i've finally managed to update my other stories, so here's another chapter for you! :3 

Things will be a little slow for now because I just got back from the doctor and its official that I fractured my arm...

Do leave your comments ^_^ I love reading them

Especially @miia186 :D Lols, even if it was all caps and practically screaming at me~ but I loved reading it because it was so darn long XD Dear reader~ you made my day when I read your comment :3 thank you for typing it out!!

 

With Love,

Violynn (04/01/2012 ; 4:42PM)