C62: Change; Initial Stage

The Endless War

Edited 130309 ; 2:52 PM 


 
"I don't know Dae Hyun, I really don't" Yoon Mi looked at him with tear filled eyes.
 
Leaning in to kiss her tears away. "You're stronger than you think" Dae Hyun whispered "Don't let what has already happened stop you"
 
And when it seemed that her tears finally stopped he asked her to open her eyes to look at him.
 
"Yoon Mi, there's something important you must remember"
 
Holding her breath. She looked confused but nodded to show that she was listening.
 
"There is something you must always remember." Dae Hyun emphasized, hoping that all of Yoon Mi's attention was on him.
 
"If ever there is tomorrow when I'm not around or when we're not together–"
 
"No! I don't want to hear it!" Yoon Mi started to struggle, not wanting to think of the possibility the he too will die and leave her all alone.
 
"Yoon Mi!!" Dae Hyun held her shoulders and shook her to gain her attention. "You have to listen to me." He said in a tone filled with so much desperation that she couldn't refuse.
 
"Yoon Mi, you have to remember what I'm saying okay?" He looked into her eyes making sure that they were on the same level.
 
"You are so much braver than you believe you are, living they way that you have and surviving so many attempts at your life" he began to explain his honest thoughts about her.
 
"Don't think for a moment that you're not strong because you ARE strong." And when Yoon Mi opened to speak up, Dae Hyun didn't allow her to.
 
"Don't let other people convince you otherwise, not even yourself." He continued, brushing away the stray strands of hair that came up to her cheeks. 
 
"No one else knows what you've been through, what inner demons that you've been fighting on your own..." leaning in closer so that their forehead would touch, "not even me, though some might be able to feel your pain because of their gift but they have not gone through it like you have"
 
Assuring her again and again he told her "Yoon Mi, you are definitely stronger than you seem."
 
"And whenever you fall into trouble or into a difficult situation, don't forget that you are smarter than you think. You've skipped grades and your intuition is strong as well." Blinking in surprise by all that Dae Hyun had said. Yoon Mi was at a loss for words as she watched him leaning in to kiss her. 
 
Yoon Mi's eyes closed slowly as she felt the sweetness in them, the kisses exchanged were sweeter than anything she ever knew and filled with his honesty.
 
"The most important thing that you cannot forget..." Heavy lidded and breathless, Dae Hyun had one last thing to say. "Even if we're apart, I'll always be with you. My heart is yours, always"
 
Still uneasy about the thought that they might be apart. One look into Dae Hyun's eyes and Yoon Mi felt herself swaying.
 
*Why does it feel so different with Dae Hyun?* She contemplated. *Why does he make me feel that forever is possible? That I can believe that an eternity with him is possible?*
 
*Perhaps...just maybe...I believe in what he's promising...* Yoon Mi reached out to touch his cheek, caressing the side of his face and feeling the warmth the he was giving off.
 
"My heart is also yours Dae Hyun" She said shakily, making her own assurance, her own promise towards someone else about her own feelings for the first time. "Forever and always, my heart is in your hands"
 
Giving her a proud smile, Dae Hyun placed a light peck on her forehead. Happy that tonight, Yoon Mi had taken another step forward for herself.
 
Pulling the covers over them, he got comfortable in Yoon Mi's bed and held her against him, guiding her arms round his waist and her head resting on his arm.
 
Both of them donning a contented smile as they looked at each other. 
 
It wasn't long before the both of them drifted off to sleep.
 
-
 
"How much time did we spent on listening to that f---ing leader Jung's shouting?" YongGuk asked while making their way down to Yoon Mi's room.
 
"About 2 to 3 hours in total" Jong Up answered as he followed behind.
 
*Hopefully nothing has happened yet* Young Jae silently prayed. "I'll go to the upper room to prepare anything that we might need" 
 
"I'll help you" Zelo trailed after YoungJae, slightly fearing that he might see a similar scene of Dae Hyun and Yoon Mi being close like the last time.
 
He didn't want to see it, Zelo told himself. Everytime he saw Yoon Mi he would think of his deceased older sister and wondered of how she would be living now if she were alive instead of him.
 
How his older sister would be experiencing love in her own way and gushing about how she would want to bring her boyfriend over to meet him. 
 
Pushing all guilt and what if's deep into his heart, burying them somewhere where they would not emerge so easily. 
 
Zelo asked if there was anything he could help with when they arrived in the upper room.
 
"The blood supply in this room is low. Could you go to the kitchen and bring up 25 packs of blood?" Young Jae instructed as he flipped through the pages of a thick leather bound book.
 
Finding the page he was looking for, he cursed inwardly at the ingredient that it required. "Pure blooded vampire's blood"  
 
*Damn it. My grandmother wasn't a vampire from birth, I can't use my own blood. I need to use someone else's blood for it to work.* 
 
"Where do I place the blood packs?" Zelo returned with a tray full of it. 
 
"In the fridge by the side of the room" YoungJae looked up and pointed to the appliance. "When you're done, run down and ask YongGuk to come up immediately. I need his help on something that we need before the change happens." 
 
Hurriedly putting in the blood pack without damaging them, Zelo rushed out to get YongGuk.
 
"What do you need me for?" The familiar gruff voice made YoungJae look up from the book nervously. Wondering how he should tell YongGuk that he wants to use his blood.
 
"I'm worried that there might be interferences when Yoon Mi goes through the change. The same kind that causes her older sister to fade away before she is able to help us fully." He started off explaining. "I've found a spell that would ensure protection but..."
 
"But?" YongGuk repeated as he waited for YoungJae to spit out what he exactly needed. 
 
"I need blood from a pureblooded vampire." The younger shifted uneasily. "Your blood rank is the highest among us, so I think it would be the best in fending of any opposing forces" 
 
"So you want to use my blood?" YongGuk guessed.
 
"Yes, would you mind?" YoungJae asked. 
 
"I don't, just tell me what I need to do. We don't have time to waste" 
 
Cutting the side of his palm with a knife, YoungJae kept the blood in a vial.
 
Just as he took enough. "I think The Change is starting to take place!" HimChan yelled as he and JongUp carried Yoon Mi into the room with DaeHyun who had an arm around around Zelo's shoulder to support himself as they slowly trailed after.
 
"Hurry and strap them down in the beds" YongGuk instructed.
 
Quickly muttering the ancient language in the book, the scarlet blood slowly turned darker until it became black and resembled ink. 
 
"YongGuk, I need to warn you. You'll experience pain if there's any interference." YoungJae tried to tell him amidst the ruckus that Yoon Mi caused as she began to struggle and scream.
 
"Just do it already! The change is already happening and we can't afford any sort of interference!" YongGuk barked as he held Dae Hyun down while Zelo was trying to fasten the restraining straps.
 
Following the steps on the book, he drew intricate circles and markings on each wall of the room. Pushing aside things to form a clear space on the floor, climbing up stacked tables and chairs so that he could reach the ceiling, along with the centre of each window.
 
Just as the last circle was drawn on the door and the last syllable was read from the book to activate the spell. 
 
An interference came.
 
The remaining liquid in the vial boiled and YoungJae's  fingertips burned.
 
A clear indicator that someone was trying to break the spell, he could only wonder who it was as he endured the searing feeling on his fingertips.
 
But if he was experiencing so much pain from the blood just on his fingertips, what about YongGuk?
 
Taking deep breaths as he bore with the pain that burned through him. 
 
YongGuk swore that he was going to burn whoever was behind this down to a crisp. 
 
-
 
Opening her eyes, Yoon Mi found that she was no longer in her room but was standing in a white space very much like in her dreams with DaeHyun.
 
"Your boy wasn't joking when he said that it would be soon" A blond girl spoke with her arms crossed.
 
"Who are you?" Yoon Mi stepped back.  Surprised to see someone who looked exactly like herself standing before her.
 
"I didn't know that you were blind." The blond rolled her eyes. "Do you not recognize yourself when you look in the mirror?"
 
"You're the Kwon side of me" Yoon Mi stated when she finally got the picture.
 
Throwing her hands up in the air "finally! Thank you! Do you have any idea how sick and tired I am of waiting? You've made me wait almost three times longer than a normal Kwon f--king would!" The blond girl continued on ranting.
 
"I mean, do you not have fangs? Couldn't you have just extended them and bite Ji Yong when they were fully grown?! Is it that hard to bite someone! Did you not want to bite him?!" 
 
"I didn't." Yoon Mi answered the blond. "And it was hard to bite Ji Yong...I mean... I never wanted him like how I wanted to bite DaeHyun."
 
Looking at her flatly. "Even though you said that he was your 'love', 'pillar of support' or 'your everything'? How do you not want to bite someone whom you describe as that?!" 
 
"I don't know!" Yoon Mi threw her own hands in the air in frustration "He was all that I knew, what I was familiar with. Everything in my mind was filled with him! Now that I have a choice, I came to realize that that wasn't the case..."
 
Shoulders slumping as she searched through her memories "He wasn't the warmth that I was looking for. He wasn't the one that lit up my day." 
 
Looking at her blond self, admitting out loud for the first time "Ji Yong wasn't the sun in my life. As cheesy as it sounds..."
 
"Dreadfully cheesy Yoon Mi" the blond pinched the bridge of her nose. Looking like she's unable to stand it.
 
Yoon Mi apologetically bowed a little. "I'm sorry that you're stuck with someone like me" 
 
"YAH!!!! Where is your Kwon backbone!!! You don't just go bowing so easily just like that!!!" The blond girl flared up and felt like exploding.
 
Scratching the back of her head sheepishly, "I guess I'm the black sheep of the family..." 
 
The blond version of herself scratching her head for an entirely different reason "AHHHH!!! You're driving me crazy and I've yet to merge with you! What am I going to do with a Kwon like you!"
 
Laughing in amusement Yoon Mi simply smiled at her distressed blond self. "Come on...I'm not entirely that bad" Resting a hand on the shoulder of her blond self and gave a warm smile. 
 
*You are definitely one strange Kwon...* Her blond self thought while contemplating what powers to give her.
 
Sighing as she looked at the light in Yoon Mi's eyes. Her blond self hoped that it would still be there even after going through the pain. "Are you ready to inherit the knowledge of our ancestors?" She asked.
 
With a curt nod, her blond self gave a flick to Yoon Mi's forehead and with that, pain enveloped her being.
 
Her mind felt like it was tearing apart and black spots were clouding her vision. 
 
It got hard to breathe as memories of other people flooded her mind. The ancient language filled her mind as she came to understand the words that she said the day that she broke the curse in the ring.
 
Everything came in such an overwhelming flood, she felt like she was experiencing death for the first time.  
 
Passed out and on the floor, her blond self simply waited for Yoon Mi to wake up. So that she could bestow her gift and slowly merge themselves together.
 
Her blond self didn't exactly like Yoon Mi but there was something about her nature that drew her blond self in. 
 
Something that was rarely seen in other Kwons...
 

Hi guys~ it's been really long since I last updated :x like I said, I'm having writer's block and I'm doing my best by writing and re-writing but some stuff needs more thought into it I guess.

Still planning on what gifts to let Yoon Mi have =.= I swear this is a lot harder than I initially thought it would be.

I would like to describe my current mental state as "mentally unsound" XD

But jokes aside, I'm having emotional breakdowns (nonkpop related) and other personal stuff going on so...worst case scenario is that more sad crying moments might be in the latter chapters.

With love,

Violynn (130309 ; 5:50 am)