C65: The truth about his family.

The Endless War
 
 
Hearing those words from a small kid that was only 10 year old. Zelo's Noona wanted to cry.
 
"Jello-ah, thank you for saying that I'm all that you need" Her voice was choked with emotion. "Remember to call me Shin Hye okay? Just like I'll call you Jello"
 
"Noona, it's Zelo~" He whined cutely in her eyes.
 
Sighing in defeat, she hugged the boy in her arms. "You're all I need too Zelo, as long as I have you...nothing else matters" Shin Hye held him dearly.
 
"Really Noona?" The little boy sniffed and began to cry. "Even though I'm a unwanted child? And that Omma died because of me?" 
 
Her eyes opened in shock at his words. "What? Who said all these to you! Zelo Choi Jun Hong! Just because Omma and Appa didn't plan to have you doesn't mean that you're unwanted!" Shin Hye shook him a little hoping shake some sense into him.
 
"It makes you a miracle child because you came into being despite of all these things!" She began to tear up as she wiped away his tears. "Her death is not your fault and it will never be. Her health was bad from the start but she wanted to bring you into this world so badly. 
 
Taking a deep breath so that she could speak normally, Shin Hye never imagined that such a young boy like him would think of all these things. "Omma gave birth to you despite of the difficulties that she might face, you have to know that you are not to blame."
 
Seeing how things have turned out, Shin Hye decided that it was time to tell her younger brother the truth. "I should tell you the truth about our family"
 
"Truth?" Zelo blinked quickly in his confusion.
 
"Our Appa does really bad things Jello...things that harmed other people" Shin Hye struggled with her words, thinking how she should tell him that their father was a rebel. That he had killed society officials and other people of power.
 
The society didn't take these killings lightly and Shin Hye was used to the life of being always on the move and running.
 
But things changed when they had Zelo. There was an old myth that when the mother becomes exceptionally weak or ill during her pregnancy. The child that is given birth to is said to have a powers as they grow up.
 
"Omma wasn't feeling well and was weak, so the people that Appa was bad towards used that situation and decided to kill Omma to make him angry" Shin Hye finally said after gathering her thoughts.
 
"But what about us! Those people didn't care that they'll hurt us by killing Omma?!" Zelo cried thinking of how selfish adults could be.
 
Shin Hye truly felt apologetic that her younger brother would never come to know the warmth of a mother's love or have any memories of it "No, they don't Jello...they only cared about making Appa angry"
 
"Who were these people Noona?" He asked out of curiosity.
 
"I can't tell you. Please believe me when I tell you that you're better off not knowing." She hugged the boy tightly, silently hoping that he would never entertain the thought of revenge.
 
Seeing the look in his sister's eyes, he decided that it was better if he didn't know as well.
 
-
The pair managed to live peacefully for a few years. They moved every few months gradually going further and further away from their hometown.
 
"Are you two a couple?" An old lady asked them at the counter when they were paying for groceries one day. Zelo was now into puberty and his voice broke a few weeks back. 
 
Coupled with his growth spurt, the younger brother now towered over his older sister. His size making him look more matured than his actual age. Of course it didn't help that Shin Hye had inherited their Omma's baby face and looked younger than she actually was.
 
Even though she wanted to laugh so badly, Shin Hye nodded since it was their cover when they were traveling. 
 
They seemed to be more believable when they said that they were a couple moving to a new town in hopes of a better life as opposed to a pair of siblings that was living away from their parents. People tended to ask questions about their parents and why they wanted to move away.
 
Politely saying goodbye to the old lady at the counter, Shin Hye waited until they got to the safety of their homes before she burst out laughing at the fact that they look like a couple.
 
Zelo simply shrugged as he kept the groceries and the packs of blood away. Not that he liked his sister in that manner but he didn't like the lying and how they had to deceive people everywhere they went.
 
It was why he mostly kept quiet when it came to these kind of situation and let Shin Hye do all the talking.
 
"Jello, you're really quiet you know that?" She said when she was done putting away the stuff in her bags. "You're really like Omma in the way she acts"
 
"I know" he answers, closing the door of the cabinet. "You've said that a few times before"
 
Looking sullen and sad out of the blue "You act like Omma at times and I find myself acting like him these days..." Shin Hye sighed. 
 
"You're not like him in any way Noona" Zelo walks over to her and pats her head lightly hoping to comfort her.
 
Laughing bitterly "even the small things that you do reminds me of her...and me? I've inherited his ability to lie and con my way out of any situation."
 
"But Noona is doing that to protect us, how is that a bad thing?" Zelo tried to console her. "I guess you're right...as long as it protects us"
 
-
 
"Noona...is there something that you're hiding from me?" Zelo asked one day when she came back from work.
 
"Oh? Why do you say that Jello?" Shin Hye answered back as she removed her shoes.
 
"Well you're home later and we've been staying here for almost five months...so I think there's something you're not telling me." He started listing things out one by one.
 
"Alright...you caught me there" she flopped on the sofa and hid her face.
 
Squatting by the sofa and hugging his knees. "What is it that you're not telling me?" 
 
"There's this guy that I met at work Jello and I don't know why but I really like him." Shin Hye began to rant, speaking really rushed and quickly. "I mean I know I'm not supposed to at this point of time but ahhh...I can't believe that I'm talking about this with my younger brother" 
 
Smiling at how happy his older sister looked, he didn't really mind what she was saying. He felt glad that she was happy.
 
After living on the run for past couple of years. Zelo saw that Shin Hye had gradually smiled lesser, even though he tried to be funny to make her laugh.
 
Before they knew it, the siblings stayed at one place for a full year.
 

Just an announcement guys, the next chapter will be the last chapter of this story.

And no, I won't be doing any sequel.

Sincerely,

Violynn (01/04/13 ; 10:24 am)