43 - Care to explain?

The Endless War

“Dae Hyun you sly dog!!” Him Chan’s loud voice boomed across Dae Hyun’s room, intending to wake them up.

Well…Only Dae Hyun woke up since he was sensitive to loud noises.

*That was uncalled for Hyung* Dae Hyun glared at Him Chan who was laughing to himself.

“It’s totally is!” He folded his arms and rested against the door frame. “The first night you come back to the main house and you have Yoon Mi to keep you company!”

*So? We only slept. How would sleeping make me sly?* he narrowed his eyes at him.

“Keep saying that. Hyung knows what your heart is gonna think” Him Chan wagged his finger at his dongsaeng before disappearing as quickly as he appeared.

*Hyung is like a hurricane* Dae Hyun thought to himself. *He didn’t even say what he was originally here for*

Lying back down, he relished the feeling of her next to him. Hearing her steady heartbeat thumping away at her chest, how well she was fitted against him as Dae Hyun wrapped his arms around her again.

his lips, he felt thirsty. Nuzzling her neck Dae Hyun inhaled her delicious scent and instantly felt hungry. *Is this how it feels like to desire someone?* He closed his eyes and relished the feel of her pulse that seemed to grow faster.

Watching her eyes flutter open, Dae Hyun amusedly watched Yoon Mi as she gasped. Her eyes widened and flickering back and forth his face.

“Good Morning Yoon Mi” He said softly as his lips naturally went up into a smile.

Her heart melting so early in the morning, Yoon Mi held her breath unable to believe her eyes.

“Breathe Yoon Mi” Dae Hyun pinched her nose and chuckled when he saw that all she was doing was staring at him with doe eyes.

Flinching from the sudden action, Yoon Mi finally broke out of her trance and turned beet red.

“Good Morning Dae Hyun” she mumbled her response after finally snapping out of it.

Running his finger through her hair, Yoon Mi’s eyes grew half lidded because of the soothing action. It felt like it was lulling her back to sleep.

*You feel so much like a lost puppy Yoon Mi* He thought as she subconsciously snuggled up closer to him.

Listening to each other’s heartbeat, it almost sounded as if their heart were beating as one. Puzzled by this phenomenon, they both looked at each other.

Gazing into each other’s eyes, both parties could feel their souls being peered into. But neither one of them wanted to look away.

It was as if they were ensnared by each other’s eyes. Wanting to know how far into their souls they would look into.

It was as if they were bearing their hearts out.

Their insecurities and fears… Yoon Mi felt like she was a deer caught in a headlight, unable to move and unable to think.

Moving closer, Dae Hyun stopped just shy of Yoon Mi’s lips as he rested against her forehead. Eyelids fluttering shut in nervousness, Yoon Mi didn’t know what to expect but she was slightly timid of what might happened next.

“Do you like me Yoon Mi?” He said, his breath tickling her lips.

Blinking open, Yoon Mi looked at him in surprise now. She was not expecting that question after the kisses that they shared.

“N-Ne, I like you Dae Hyun” She gulped looking up at him nervously, knowing that he expected an answer from her.

“Do you love me?” He looked into her eyes.

Hesitation.

Dae Hyun saw it in her eyes at the mention of love. He knew it.

He knew that she wouldn’t be able to answer. He knew that her heart wasn’t fully and completely with him.

Yoon Mi tried to say it but her voice wouldn’t cooperate.

A lump had formed in preventing her from making a sound.

Sighing, Dae Hyun pulled back and rested against the headboard of the bed.

“I’m sorry Dae Hyun” Yoon Mi whispered as her shoulders slumped.

“It’s not your fault.” He shook his head “It’s too soon for me to ask in the first place.”

“I should have known that you haven’t completely let go of him” He said quietly as he looked away.

Dae Hyun knew that he had ruined the moment. But at least he knew where he stood now.

And it would take him a lot of effort and time for him to reach that special place in her heart.

Motioning her to move closer to him, Dae Hyun wrapped his arms around Yoon Mi and held her against him.

“Just you wait Yoon Mi. I’ll steal your heart soon enough” He whispered into her ear.

-

Retreating to her room afterwards and closing the door behind her. Yoon Mi quickly turned red as her heart quickened, remembering the words that Dae Hyun whispered into her ear.

*Where on earth does he get his confidence with his words?* Yoon mi thought while leaning against the door to her room. *He feels so different after sharing his past with me. I actually feel closer to him.*

Taking a shower and to refresh herself, she walked out feeling slightly disappointed that his scent was no longer on her skin.

“Yoonie!! It’s time for breakfast!” Him Chan shouted into her room.

“I’ll be right out Him Chan oppa!” Yoon Mi answered quickly from the bathroom. Worried that he might start opening doors to look for her and accidentally walk in on her while she was still getting dressed.

Joining them at the dining table a few moments later, Elder Yong was all smiles as he could see all his children again.

“It finally feels like a family with all of us at the table” He said while taking a good long look at each of them.

“Old man, you were gone only for what, 5 months? Stop treating it was 5 years already” Yong Guk rolled his eyes.

“I should really talk to you over the phone more. You spoke to me so nicely there” Elder Yong sighed.

No one entertained Elder Yong as he rambled on. Seeing a red sparkle coming from Yoon Mi, he looked at it longer and realised. “Yong Guk, did you pass your red gem to Yoon Mi?”

“Yes. She was getting bullied in school, giving her that gave her the protection she needed.” Yong Guk answered.

“I knew that you’d come around” Elder Yong gave a knowing grin.

Rolling his eyes a second time, Yong Guk went on with his meal.

-

Avoiding the library, Yoon Mi headed to the art studio instead.

To her surprise.

Dae Hyun was there as well standing among the racks as he looked at her finished paintings.

Noticing her presence, he looked up to see her at the doorway.

*You’ve painted quite a bit since we left* He projected his thought to her.

Feeling slightly disappointed that he still had his mask on, Yoon Mi thought that it would be like this morning. That he would be talking to her with his voice and not his gift.

*I can’t expect him to change for me when I can’t change myself* Yoon Mi walked in and closed the door.

“Ne…I had a lot of thoughts that had to go somewhere” She explained.

*You had a lot of thoughts of me?* He asked.

“Ne, I did have a lot of thoughts of you– wait what?” Yoon Mi stopped midway of her sentence when she realised what she had just said.

Even though she was unable to see Dae Hyun smile through his mask. Yoon Mi knew for sure that he was smiling. The way his eyes turned to crescents and how his cheeks were raised in his mask.

“What makes you think that? She tried to bluff her way out of this embarrassment.

*A certain canvas made me curious* His eyes remained in those happy crescent positions.

*Oh gosh no!! Don’t tell me he found my painting of him!!* Yoon Mi dreaded.

Pulling out a familiar sized canvas, her jaw dropped when he turned it around to reveal the dreaded canvas.

*Care to explain?* Dae Hyun said in an amused tone.

Making various sounds trying to explain herself, Yoon Mi realised that she was making it worse and simply covered her face in embarrassment. “You weren’t supposed find out about that painting”

*Why not?* He brazenly asked.

“It’s what made me realise that I was falling for you” Yoon Mi walked over to her stool and sat down with her face still in her hands. “That you were always in my thoughts so much. I thought that it would stop if I channelled it out onto the stupid canvas…If I had known better I wouldn’t have painted it”

*Why?* Dae Hyun set down the painting and walked over to her.

“Because I thought of you more after I painted the darn painting.” She admitted, afraid to look at him in the eye.

Holding onto both of her hands he gently pried them away from her. Placing his hand under her chin, Dae Hyun tilted her head upwards so that he could look at her adorable flushed expression.

Pulling his mask under his chin, Dae Hyun smiled as he leaned down to her level and lightly kissed her.

Yoon Mi’s heart melted at how gentle and sweet this kiss was. As light as his kiss was, Yoon Mi was still able to feel his intense feelings behind it.

*Thank you for thinking of me* He whispered in her mind making her woozy from his sweetness.

*How can he be so obnoxious and sweet at the same time* She thought as kissed him back.


A/N: Annyeong!!! I'm back for now!!! I am soooo sorry for taking so long to update >.< I had lots of school work that I needed to do.

A reader asked if they're together....well they like each other but they're not officially together yet *Ji Yong still has some hold over her heart*

They are a rather confused pair I'd have to say.

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter^^ things are slowly unfolding bit by bit. It might seem a little mundane right now but I'm gonna inject some action soon :) maybe around 5-7 chapters later~

With love,

Violynn 19/09/2012