41 - Your voice

The Endless War

Dressed in all black, his skin was slightly more tanned than when he first left. His hair was still the same messy blond mop that never changed; the eyes that she saw in their meetings were more intense in real life and Yoon Mi’s ached when she saw the dark eye rings under his eyes.

Tilting his head to the side as he stared at her, “You’re not going to welcome me back?” His smooth velvet voice echoed in her ears.

Yoon Mi’s body trembled in disbelief. After all these waiting, she could finally see him in person again and not in her sleep.

*Why am I so shaken up? Why am I acting this way?* Yoon Mi chided herself in her mind. She tried moving her feet but they had never felt so heavy before, not even when she was on the run many months back. It felt like Dae Hyun had put a spell on her.

“Wel-welcome b-back Dae H-hyun” She said breathily.

Smiling at how obvious her feelings were, Dae Hyun walked until he was directly in front of her.

“Did you do what I asked before I left?” His voice gentle as he gazed into her eyes.

“Were you strong? Did you take care of yourself?” He raised his hand to caress her cheek.

“I-I tried the b-best that I could Dae Hyun” Yoon Mi let out a heavy breath.

“Did you miss me?” His quiet voice felt so loud in the quiet library. The question made her blush at the memory of when he last asked her that.

Nodding slightly, Yoon Mi was honest with her feelings but had problems openly admitting them like how Dae Hyun was asking.

“I want to hear it Yoon Mi” Dae Hyun said as a side of his lips curled upwards. Taking a step closer, he put his hand on the back of her neck.

“I-I missed you D-Dae Hyun” She stumbled with her words.

Feeling his heart soar at her words, a warm feeling grew within him. Letting out a smile, it made Yoon Mi blush even harder at how happy he looked from hearing her say those words.

“Could you say my name again?” He leaned in and rested his forehead against hers. *I want your voice to erase all those annoying voices that wore my name out.* He thought to himself.

“Dae Hyun” Her voice comes out a little shaky.

“Again” He asks in a tone so gentle and loving that it couldn’t be refused.

His name leaves her lips like sweet music.

Saying his name made her heart beat louder in her ears. There was this pleasant warm feeling that grew bigger each time she said it. 

 “Dae Hyun, Dae Hyun…Dae Hyun” She began to repeat his name on her own. The feeling in her heart growing hotter and more resolute each time she said it. *How is it possible for someone’s name to sound so nice?* She wondered.

“Dae Hyun…I missed you more than I thought I did” Yoon Mi admitted. “Dae Hyu–”

He cut her off with his lips.

*I missed you more than I thought as well* He told her with his gift.

Knees weakening from the intense feelings that they shared, it was a simple kiss but the amount of feelings was being exchanged were more than they could describe.

Holding her hands, he guided them so that they went around the back of his neck. Supporting her if her legs went completely weak.

Pulling her lower lip playfully they parted for air, Yoon Mi looked away knowing that she was completely flushed.

“I-I can’t continue o-on Dae Hyun…” She covered with a hand. “My f-fangs…” Yoon Mi tried to explain, totally taken aback that it had taken a shorter time for her fangs to reveal themselves.

“It’s okay” He said all too quickly, looking in a different direction himself.

Facing him, Yoon Mi saw that Dae Hyun was red as well. He also had a hand up to cover his mouth.

*He’s so cute when he’s blushing!* Yoon Mi squealed in her mind.

“Wow, your fangs looks really sharp…” She said in surprise when he took his hand away and let out a loud sigh.

“Speak for yourself Yoon Mi” He gave a breathy chuckle. “Yours looks like its sharper than mine.”

“C-can I touch them?” She looked hesitantly at Dae Hyun. Her words coming out before her brain processed them.

Raising an eyebrow at her “sure…” he said as he parted his lips to reveal his fangs.

Feeling slight pressure on them, his body buzzed with electricity. No one else had ever touched his fangs before neither had he sink his teeth into another person. The new feeling had his heart racing.

“They say that purebloods have sharper teeth…” Yoon Mi whispered as she retracted her hand.

“Who‘s they?” Dae Hyun asked as he let go of her to pick up the forgotten book on the floor.

 “Hae Yong oppa told me that” She nodded. “I wish he told me why though…”

“So that it’s easier for us to prey on humans…” Dae Hyun explained catching her off guard. “If it causes less pain, it makes them less reluctant to give us their blood.”

“How did you know?”

“My mother told me that” His expression darkened a little.

“Your mother?” Yoon Mi repeated questioningly, he had never mentioned about his past much less his family.

“Should I tell you of my story?” Dae Hyun said, wondering if it would be the right thing to do.

“I would w-want to know…but i-if you don’t want to tell me I’m alright with that…” She reasoned, after her senses kicked in after her curiosity got the better of her.

Holding the book in one hand and holding Yoon Mi’s with his other, Dae Hyun lead her to the study chair as he sat on the grand study table.

Placing the book on table with a thump “I’m assuming you just read finished this book?” he rested his hand on top of it.

“Yes…I finished it last night” She nodded slowly.

Giving a wry smile “At least you’ve spared me from explaining my clan’s history…”

 


Annyeong dear readers!! :D

Have you heard their new single Crash?

AND new rendition of Yong Guk song "I remember" with Dae Hyun??

Finally there's a studio version of it!!!! *I'm gonna be replaying that song all day and spazz to it~ total fangirling*

Haha~ I saw a lot of replys that are super happy that Dae Hyun is back XD

I'm glad that he's back too~

Plus I can't wait for their performance of Crash at M!Countdown later!!! :D

With love,

Violynn

30/08/2012