C74: Five Against One

The Endless War

 

Getting ready for school, they were finally returning after a long time. With Yoon Mi's condition being stable along with her powers reasonably in check, they had no more reason for their absence and were required to return.
 
Like any student, Yoon Mi was reluctant in returning to school after having such a long break. It didn't help at all that they sky was overcast and foreboding, the heavy clouds looking like it would start pouring at any minute.
 
The school was sent into chaos when news spread that they were coming to class. Girls crowded in the hallways and in the front of the school. Wanting to catch a glimpse of the boys.
 
And again, people wondered who was the girl walking in with them, not realizing that it was the same person.
 
One possible reason that they couldn't recognize her was the difference in her demeanor. The timid, slouching girl who was always afraid gave off a different air around her.
 
Truth be told, Yoon Mi was still the same timid girl. Her problem was that in her mind, Eva and her kept arguing with each other over everything, saying that she should flaunt her blood scent and create havoc just because it had been awhile since Eva had seen the current world.
 
Yoon Mi was busy trying to keep her Kwon side in check and the result of it was her pissed off expression. 
 
DaeHyun on the other hand, was trying hard not to laugh because he could sense the bickering going on between the two people. 
 
*These Kwons are such strange people* DaeHyun mused to himself as the guys parted ways and headed for their own class.
 
*Come on Yoon Mi, we're going to be late for class* He mind spoke to her. The sudden intrusion to her mind caused her to freeze up momentarily before relaxing and realized that she was conflicting with herself.
 
All day she received stares from guys and alike, not to mention the incessant whispering in the hallways were always about her in one way or another.
 
Seeking refuge in one of the empty classrooms that weren't in use. *I don't get it, am I really that different?* Yoon Mi held up a lock of her blond hair and let it sift through her fingers.
 
"So the thinks she can be one of them if she dyes her hair blond?" The feminine voice was condescending and had an air of hostility around her.
 
"It's not a dye job" Yoon Mi held her ground as she got to her feet, facing the group of 5 girls that stood by the doorway. It wasn't the same group of girls months ago and she was beginning to wonder how many more crazed fangirls she had to go through.
 
"My hair being blond is as much as you being fake." She looked at the one in the centre, seeming like she was the ring leader of this crazed bunch. "Judging by the whole lot, all of you are total fakes."
 
*Move! Yoon Mi!!!* Eva yelled in her head and she narrowly missed being tackled head first into the tables. The impact that her first attacker had as she crashed through several tables was violent and knocked her out cold.
 
"You don't belong with them!" Her second attacker screeched as she charged at Yoon Mi.
 
"Like you're any better" She retorted and tried to avoid getting hit but found that the second had grabbed a handful of her hair and was pulling back hard. 
 
Stomping on the second attacker's feet, the grip on her hair was loosened and Yoon Mi could pull herself free. Swinging her fist, aiming it at that person's temple with as much strength that she could muster. Causing her to get dizzy, it didn't take much punches and kicks to make her see black spots.
 
With this assailant knocked out cold, Yoon Mi tried to get away, momentarily forgetting that even though she had managed to get past two if them she still had three more to go against.
 
As soon as she tried to make a move for the door,  "Stay put , we're not done with you." The remaining three people blocked the exit and shoved her further back into the room.
 
"I'm warning you." Yoon Mi looked at each of them in the eye briefly. "You better leave before I make you regret it." She began to feel her Kwon side's power filling her veins. Her body felt lighter, stronger as adrenaline coursed through her body.
 
Seeing how none of the moved, Eva smiled as she swelled with excitement at the opportunity to fight. 
 
-
 
*Something is wrong... I can feel it* DaeHyun's intuition kicked in and he didn't hesitate to inform the others.
 
Now the only problem was to find the source of what was causing him worry. Seeing a scattered group of students running down the hallway, *Why do I have a feeling that Yoon Mi is behind this?* he groaned inwardly and followed the crowd.
 
Finding a whole cluster of students crowding the doors and windows to the classroom, all straining and craning their necks to take a good look at the fight going on. DaeHyun shoved his way through the crowd ignoring their comments about the fight and the glares that he got for pushing someone out of the way, sending them crashing against the person next to them
 
He couldn't believe that everyone was just watching the fight and no one attempted to break it up, with the strangest comment being how "Yoon Mi fought like a man". Finding that the door was locked, he was beyond pissed and kicked the door down. 
 
Who cared if the door was made of expensive old wood and had gold gilding all over it? A fight was taking place and it needed to be stopped.
 
Assessing the situation in the room, four girls were held down by stone cuffs around their hands and legs while the fight was going on with Yoon Mi and another girl.
 
Silently glad that earlier on, the guys and him gave Yoon Mi small rocks to wear around her wrists like a bracelet. The small pieces of earth had already shown their worth within the day that they had planned this for her.
 
The classroom was seriously trashed as shelves, desks and chairs were dented, bent and torn apart. From the looks of it, Yoon Mi and her fifth attacker looked like they were on par with each other but DaeHyun knew better.
 
He recognized the glint in her eyes; it was of a predator toying with their prey and he's sure that the attacker knew that she was being toyed with. 
 
As the next blow was exchanged, DaeHyun felt a change in the air and sensed that Yoon Mi had gotten serious with an intent to kill. *You need to stop* He mind spoke to her.
 
Intercepting the attacker's hit, he reversed his healing gift and made her unconscious. Grabbing Yoon Mi's arm roughly, DaeHyun immediately dragged her out of the classroom giving death glares to anyone that blocked his way.
 
The crowd parted easily when they saw his eyes turn blood red, making no attempt to follow them despite the curiosity that was gnawing away at them. 
 
Would she be punished?
Would she expelled from school?
 
They all wondered while they watched the two figures disappear down the hallway.
 
Stopping only when they got to the opposite end of the school and a couple of floors up. *Are you alright?* DaeHyun glanced at her worriedly, lifting her arms to check if there were any bruises or scratches on her.
 
Yoon Mi let out a shaky breath as she ran a hand through her blond hair. "I couldn't control Eva when I fought" answering the question that he deeply concerned about.
 
*Yoon Mi, I know you know that I'm wondering about that but my first priority is your safety.* DaeHyun let out a loud sigh as he rubbed his temples. His probing eyes looked at her intently and she saw that they filled with pure concern when their gazes met. *Answer my question, are you alright?*
 
Nodding to his question, "Y-yes, I think I'm alright." Yoon Mi felt a wave of relief from him and a pair of arms circling around her waist. Letting DaeHyun pull her body to his, she rested her head against his shoulder. 
 
Speaking in a hushed tone "I'm glad that you found me... I can't imagine what I might have done if you didn't stop me" Yoon Mi closed her eyes and tried to recall exactly what happened.
 
*Eva, talk to me. Why did you take control?* She asked, feeling worried about the chances that the same thing might happen again.
 
*I wanted to end it quickly –* 
 
*That's no reason to take over my body! Eva this isn't like when you're alive, times have changed and the way things are done aren't the same* Yoon Mi took a deep breath as she reprimanded her guardian spirit.
 
*es don't change much over the millennia Yoon Mi, if given the chance she would have severely injured you and reveal your blood scent altogether with your identity* Eva responded with a hard edge in her voice. 
 
Yoon Mi felt distraught as Eva was right in her thinking and reasoning, *but you intended to kill her. In this time and era you can't kill someone so easily—*
 
*Why? Because they're daughters of a politician? Of someone important?* Eva questioned sardonically. *Seems like things hasn't changed much Yoon Mi. Is the tip of the mountain any more important than the base? It's because of this special treatment and privileges that these people get that my partner and I decided not to be a part of society. Choosing to withdraw from it and living life away from it all...* Yoon Mi couldn't answer back or say anything because various moments in history was flashing through her mind, making a point that nothing had changed.
 
*This is the price that you have to bear when you borrow strength from me. I will kill an important figure as easily it is to kill an insignificant street beggar.* She continued with finality and resolve. 
 
The way that everyone is seen as equal in Eva's eyes was daunting; considering how everything in life was determined by rank and importance. From the firstborn to genders, grades, jobs... Nothing was ever equal.
 
Visibly shaken, Yoon Mi was at a loss for words as she clutched onto DaeHyun's shirt. He had silently listening in to what was said and the cold bitterness in Eva's voice could freeze anyone. 
 
Having stayed silent for a moment to let everything sink in, she said one last thing before she let herself lay dormant *Borrow my strength whenever you want Yoon Mi, but remember my price.*
 
Time slowly ticked by as they stood in the hallway for who knows how long.
 
"I always seem to get more than I ask for..." Yoon Mi broke the silence between them as she gave DaeHyun a forceful laugh. 
 
*You think?* He said wryly as he looked at her. *I have to say that this puts her in a really different light*
 
She shook her head when she found that she was getting lost in her thoughts. "I don't even know what light I should see her in anymore. Guardian? Adversary?"
 
DaeHyun smoothed out her messy hair and tucked a lock of it behind her ear. *In any case, be glad that she is for you and not against you*
 
Hearing his last line, Yoon Mi couldn't help but wonder *But really...was Eva really for me or for herself?*
 

Annyeong~

I'm glad that most of you liked chapter 73 >.< though I had some unsubscribers *why am I so conscious with numbers? I need to remind myself that I'm writing for fun...*

Anywho, I've been down lately so I guess this chapter ended up a tad serious as well.

With love,

Violynn ( 25/05/2013 ; 4:42PM )