03 - Human Blood

The Endless War

One by one the boys left the dining room. Leaving only Elder Yong and Yoon Mi behind.

Elder Yong sank back into his chair thinking *I should have expected Yongguk’s reaction considering his past…But I can’t help but be disappointed. He’s one of the oldest, he should be more accepting and be a good role model for the rest of the boys…Especially when it’s almost been a decade since THAT happened…*

“Yoon Mi, you don’t like the blood that we have?” He asked. Noticing her untouched glass of blood.

Shaking her head, he quickly picked up the glass and downed the blood. Cringing inside because she had never tasted human blood before.

Bowing slightly before she left Elder Yong at the table, Yoon Mi wanted somewhere she could be alone. Running to a corner of the huge mansion, she coughed and gagged at the strange taste of human blood.

Leaning against the wall, all Yoon Mi could think about was the sweet taste of his blood and how she missed it. *I wish you were here with me…I miss you so much* her heart longed for her love as she remembered how he would give only her the most gentle and loving smile she had grown accustomed to.

Silent tears streamed down her face as she slumped to the ground. Yoon Mi wondered how long she would last without him and for how long she would be able to keep her sanity.

Significant others are especially important in Vampire societies. Even more so when they are blood bonded. Like Yoon Mi and her fiancé. They were even planning to get married sometime after her birthday, when she turned 16.

Even though she was only at the young age of 16, well almost 16 since she's still 15... Yoon Mi didn't mind it at all, no, she wasn't knocked up with a kid. She was simply ecstatic that she could marry her love so soon. Age didn’t really matter in vampire communities considering how long they got to live, either way they had an eternity together.

-

Meanwhile, Dae hyun was walking aimlessly around the house. His hyungs were busy and he didn’t want to bother them. He felt so restless doing nothing with Jong Up, Yong Jae and Zelo to the point that he would rather just walk about the house.

He wasn’t expecting to see Yoon Mi curled up against the wall unmoving. *Crap! Did I miss out healing something?!* He cursed in his mind for possibly not doing a good job at what he’s talented at.

Going closer, Dae Hyun heard her soft rhythmic breathing. *She’s sleeping?! Here of all places??*Bewildered, he wanted to wake her up and tell her to sleep in her own bed but taking a close look. He saw her dark eye rings and wondered how many sleepless nights she had.

Dae Hyun was tempted to just leave her there. But so many years with the old man had managed to influence him. Not to mention the countless healing requests that Elder Yong had ask him to do...He was on a more neutral standing than anyone in the house. More so because he had been in Elder Yong's home longer than any of the guys.

Berating himself in his mind as he gently carried Yoon Mi in his arms and slowly walked to her room. Careful not to wake her up, he took cautious and quiet steps.

Settling her on her bed moments later, Dae Hyun couldn’t help but notice her unnaturally pale colour. Usually caused from a lack of blood intake. Which was strange because he had seen her cup empty when he returned to the dining room to get to the kitchen. *What the heck? Why have I been so observant of her? Next time I should just ignore her like the rest do* He slapped himself mentally as he realized how observant he was of her.

Closing the door behind him as he left the room, Dae Hyun decided he shouldn’t wonder around the house anymore. Unless he wanted to come across more situations like this again.

-

Blinking her eyes open, Yoon Mi saw the ceiling of her bedroom. *Huh? When did I?* she wondered as she got up, causing the blanket that was covering her to fall to her waist. Taking a look at the clock, it was already 5pm! Her eyes widened in realization *I slept through lunch!!*

Strangely enough. This was the first time in weeks since her escape that she had a dreamless sleep…

Heading down to the dining room early, Yoon Mi still felt sleepy as she trudged down the steps.

Spacing out as she sat at the same chair as she sat on in the morning, Yoon Mi gripped her head as she felt the pangs of migraines. Memories flashing in her mind, each scene getting more gruesome an violent, she flinched each time she saw him dead.

*Please be alive* she prayed. Even though she didn’t believe in god and religion, at this rate all she wanted was his safety. His blood that was coursing through her veins was diminishing.

Giving Yoon Mi his blood before she left. ‘For her safety’ he had said. Knowing very well that she did not have powers like they all did. Still, she felt bad for being the reason he's not able to fight a 100% against whoever the enemy was...

*It’s been weeks since then…my body is finishing up the blood that he gave me* she thought sadly. *Soon I would have nothing of yours anymore…*she clenched her fist, hating the people that had separated them. *One day, I swear…When I get my powers. I’ll kill all of them who harmed all those I love. Every single one of them*

“Good to see you Yoon Mi” Elder Yoon said as he entered the room, snapping her out of her thoughts. “Are you better rested now?” he smiled.

Nodding in reply. Before she could say anything else, the rest of the boys came in bickering and laughing at their own inside joke as they settled down.

Watching them reminded her of home she thought as food was served. Her older sister, eldest brother, parents and him…How they would be talking and chatting at the dining tables like any other day.

*Everyone…I wish I could be with you...*Yoon Mi sighed as she pushed food around her plate.


Hi everyone!! :D Thank you so much for subscribing! I just finished this chapter and its like 1.56am where I am. Sorry if there are any spelling errors or anything since I only proofread twice.

Surprisingly this story is somewhat easy to write because I can pour my pent up emotions in. Basically eveything is still a mystery now and I'll reveal things as we progress :) Enjoy reading as I enjoy writing this :) Anneyong! I'll see you soon ! :P