26 - This close

The Endless War

“If you don’t tell me, I’ll start calling you noona again” Zelo teased trying to make her feel better.

Getting worried when she stayed silent, Zelo got up saying "I'll look for Dae Hyun, he should be able to help you out-"

"No!" Yoon Mi snapped out of it at the mention of his name. "I'm fine! I promise, just don't ask him over" she said too quickly to pass off as normal.

"Did something happen between you and him?" He looked at her worriedly. Shaking her head, she didn't want to tell him. "I understand. You don't trust me enough to tell me" Zelo said sadly as he could sense her reason. He was perceptive in that way. 

"He gave me a glass just now..." Yoon Mi said, making eye contact with Zelo. Feeling another sense of guilt as he had always tried or managed to cheer her up when she was down. He deserves the right to know...doesn't he?

"And I saw how he drew the blood into the glass" she broke eye contact when the moment replayed in her mind. "How he needs to cut himself and keep the knife there..."  A cold shiver went down her spine as she shook visibly. 

"You don't like violence much, don't you" Zelo guessed. Shaking her head to agree "You're traumatized by watching Dae Hyun cutting himself?" He guessed again. "How did you know?" she looked up at him in surprise. "What other ways are there to draw blood if not by biting?" Zelo explained.

"Point taken" she answered back. "I just feel so guilty that he has to go through this unnecessary pain and trouble because of me..." Yoon Mi covered her face with her hands.

"I'm sure Dae Hyun Hyung is fine with it." Zelo patted her shoulder "If not, why would Hyung give his blood to you in the first place? I'm sure he expected this when he first gave it to you"

"But it feels wrong to take from another vampire..." she felt herself transitioning from to cannibalism. *From one crime to another* Yoon Mi thought dejectedly.

Normal vampires don't depend on other vampire blood to survive. 

But she did.

She hated the fact that she did but she couldn't do anything about. 

"Come on" Zelo got up and offered his hand. Blinking at it, Yoon Mi hesitantly placed her hand in his. Pulling her up on her feet. "Let’s do something to get your mind off that" Zelo gave a warm smile.

"Your idea of getting my mind off that is playing dance central?" Yoon Mi asked skeptically. "Don't be hating the game" Zelo defended the kinet as the game loaded. "I'm sure that this will definitely occupy your mind"

"Omo! Why is this so hard?!" Yoon Mi yelled feeling credibly flustered as she tried to keep up with the screen. *I told you that this would make you forget* Zelo simply laughed as he watched Yoon Mi try to keep up as they danced along.

"Ya! Zelo! You're playing my game without my permission again!" An angry voice came from behind them.

Pausing the game, Yoon Mi immediately apologized "I'm sorry! Zelo just wanted to cheer me up" she bowed in apology.

Stunned by the apology, Jong Up's words were halted. His anger dissipated when he saw Yoon Mi's expression. 

She was unknowingly giving him the puppy dog look which he couldn't get angry at. 

Sighing as he ran his hand through his hair. "Make it a group dance then" He waved his hand to change the settings.

Zelo gave a wide grin to Yoon Mi as the music came on.  A sweet and lighthearted feeling filled her heart as she tried her best to dance along. *Being here might not be as bad as I thought it was* Yoon Mi thought to herself, her opinion of the boys and this house slowly changed.

-

"Hyung, we need to talk" Zelo said when he finally found who he was looking for in the library.

*We need to talk?* Dae Hyun chuckled as he repeated Zelo's words. *You're sounding like someone looking to break up a relationship* he joked.

"Hyung, seriously. I'm not joking right now" Zelo said. *Okay* Dae Hyun stopped. Surprised to see this serious side of him, the maknae was always smiling and joking.

"Did you show Yoon Mi how you drew blood from yourself?" He asked very seriously. *I did* Dae Hyun answered, closing the book that he was reading.

"Why?" Zelo asked

*Did you know that the period when she starved herself, she poured my blood down the drain?*Dae Hyun stated, trying hard not to let his anger resurface.

"N-no...I didn't" Zelo shook his head. Surprised by this new information.

*She needed to see it.*Dae Hyun said as he got up to put the book back on the shelf.

"But you scared her too much Hyung. Her legs gave way and the way she shook..." Zelo told off his Hyung. *I get it Zelo* Dae Hyun said as he walked to the door.

"Where are you going?" He called after his Hyung. *You want me to apologize and talk to Yoon Mi right?*Dae Hyun said as he turned back to look at him. *I won't apologize but I will talk to her*

-

*You and Zelo are quite close*Dae Hyun spoke to her mind as he walked into the art studio.

Looking at him in confusion, Yoon Mi cocked her head to the side from her seat. *He told me what was bothering you* he looked into her eyes.

Her own pair widening in shock and realization, Yoon Mi looked away. Unsure of how to explain herself.

*Will you ever think of pouring my blood down the drain after this*Dae Hyun said as he stood in front of her.

Shaking her head "I won't" she breathed. Tears welling up in her eyes as another sense of guilt washed over her.

*Why are you crying?*He asked as he brushed his thumb over her cheek, wiping away a tear that escaped as he made her face him. "Why ask when you know the answer" Yoon Mi's voice trembled as her vision blurred from her tears.

*Because some things must be said out loud*Dae Hyun said as he continued gazing into her soul. "I'm sorry" she said as more tears slid down her face. 

*Sorry for?*he said.

"For wasting your blood carelessly" Yoon Mi tried to move away from his hand.

*Stay*He said firmly, asking her not to move her face away.

Removing his mask, Dae Hyun knelt down to her level and spoke with his voice. "I'm sorry for scaring you so much. It was more than I intended but I need you to understand what I'm giving you. You know how significant blood giving is and what it means, right."

She nodded, unable to trust her voice, their close proximity, his handsome face so close to hers. A pink hue slowly spread across her face and tinted the tip of her ears.

"Thank you for understanding" he said softly.

As she stared into his warm brown eyes, Yoon Mi felt her heart beating for different reasons and her blood slowly warming up in her veins. 

She understands his intentions. What she didn't understand was what she was feeling. 

Was it because of his blood that was in her? Or was it her own? She wondered as confusion threw itself into the melting pot of what she was feeling.

Unknowingly drawing closer to each other, to the point where their breath mingled. Yoon Mi thought that her heart would explode in her chest as she sat there entranced by his eyes. At the thought of what might possibly happen if either one of them closed that small distance…

"Yoon Mi!!Are you in there?" Him Chan's voice came from down the hallway.

Both of them snapping out of it, they pulled away red faced as they turned away from each other. Getting to his feet, Dae Hyun walked out of the art studio. 

"Dae Hyun-ah! Dinner's ready! The old man wants us at the table" Him Chan yelled as he ran up to the studio. *I'll be there in a few minutes* he replied his Hyung with his mind as he hurried off to clear his thoughts.

"Yoon Mi! Its dinner- What happened?! Your face is really red!" Him Chan changed his words in mid-sentence when he saw her.

Pointing to the door "Did-Did that Dae Hyun do something to you? Did he compromise you or something!" Him Chan said in horror as he started rolling up his sleeves. Preparing to teach his dongsaeng a lesson.

"N-no! He didn't do anything to me!" Yoon Mi reached out to hold his arm to stop him from hunting down Dae Hyun. 

"Then why is your face so red! You look like the colour of blood!" He exclaimed, not believing what she says.  

"Really, nothing happened." She pleaded, really not wanting him to find out what almost happened. "Also, please don't mention blood for the time being Him Chan-ssi" Yoon Mi looked away, turning even redder than imaginable. 

Keeping a dissatisfied silence, Him Chan walked to the door and waited for her. "The old man is still expecting us for dinner you know"

-

Dinner at the table was slightly awkward as they were somehow placed next to each other. They never looked at the direction where the other was at; neither did they try to reach anything that was on the opposite end of the table.

Him Chan felt something was off and so did Yong Guk as they both sat directly opposite from the two.

Exchanging glances, they both felt that something happened but were unwilling to tell. 

The younger ones...well, they were hungry so all they thought and focused was what was on their plates.

*Should we ask them what happened later?*Him Chan sent a look to Yong Guk.

*We shouldn't be butting into their business.*Yong Guk returned the look with his own.

Him Chan's shoulder drooped as Yong Guk was right. If something happened between them, it'll be Yoon Mi and Dae Hyun's business, not theirs.

Returning to do their own things once their meal ended. Yoon Mi couldn't help but think about it, about how she was this close from kissing someone who was not Ji Yong.

Likewise Dae Hyun was thrown into confusion as well. Lines like *Why did I want to kiss her!* and *What the hell was I doing?!* Repeated itself over and over in his mind. *I can't like her like this. I barely know her and she knows nothing about me* as he reasoned with himself that it's not possible, that it was a mistake on his part for going too close to her.


Annyeong!!! :D

I'm getting the hang of writing on my phone and editing it in my latop afterwards.

I hope I can write enough to update at least every other day >.< I want more comments and subscribers...

Dorawa~ Dorawa~ *Sings infinite's song*

Hmm..wait, its suppose to mean come back...and not come to me =.= aish, I'm not very good at this...

Anyway, enough with my ranting. Did anyone guess who it was?

Since no one really guessed on who it was in the comments, I have no idea of knowing. XD

Ah~ I've been neglecting my other stories...I hope I can clear up some time to write for them.

Anyone's heart when dugun~dugun~dugun~ Like in the lyrics of their song secret love? When reading Dae Hyunnie's part :D

Mine did as I wrote XD

Love Ya lots~

From Violynn :D (20/5/2012)