C64: 4 Fruits / I'm not going anywhere / Noona...

The Endless War

 

Tall, large double stone doors materialized out of thin air and on it was the engraving of a large tree.
 
Bearing many branches, on each end was numerous, possibly hundreds of fruits with the engraving of an ancient word.
 
"Tell me..." A voice boomed and resonated within the air. "What were the words revealed to your eyes"
 
"There were so many words, how many do you want me to list?!" Yoon Mi racked her mind trying to recall all that she saw in those split seconds.
 
"We do not require all, young one." The voice echoed, it made her wonder who she was really talking to and why her blond self was sounding so different.
 
"What calls out to you the most"
 
Closing her eyes, Yoon Mi took a deep breath to remember.
 
Ancient texts appeared in her mind, some flashing strongly like a bright torch while others flickering like a flame in the wind.
 
"Stability... Light ... Empathy ... Dream" she slowly recited the words that burned the brightest in her mind.
 
Opening her eyes, the door before her hand changed. In place of the many small fruits were four large fruits. 
 
There were others that were still around but what shocked her the most was how the four main fruits were the words she just said and the remaining small fruits scattered around the tree was the ones in her mind but did not say out because they did not burn as bright.
 
"Is...is this...my tree?" Yoon Mi stared at it with shock and wonder.
 
"That is correct" the voice said with finality as the sound of stone grating against the ground echoed throughout the space.
 
Holding her breath when she realized that the door was parting.
 
Eyes widening in fear when she saw her blond self was swallowed by the darkness beyond the door.
 
"The time for you to receive your gift has arrive." The voice continued and she saw dark matter in the form of small hands darting out from within the door to reach her.
 
Grabbing hold of her limbs and lifting her off the ground, the dark matter dragged her in. Slowly she too was swallowed into the darkness and the stone doors groaned shut.
 
 
"He's waking up!" Was the first thing DaeHyun heard when he tried to open and blink his eyes.
 
*Was light always this bright?* he wondered as he groaned in discomfort.
 
"How long?" DaeHyun asked as he tried to re-orientate himself to what happened.
 
"7 days" YoungJae answered back while loosening the restraints that held him down to the bed.
 
"Oddly enough, that is a shorter period of time that I was expecting..." He said as he thought of the extensive history lesson that Yoon Mi had to go to. Not to mention her breakdown and him coaxing her that things were going to be alright and to look forward.
 
Groaning as he tried to sit up, DaeHyun clutched his head from the headache he felt. *What power and help did Yoon Mi's guardian spirit give me?*
 
"What happened?" YoungJae asked while giving him a glass of blood to drink.
 
"It seems like I was invited to a history lesson." He took a copious gulp of the liquid. "What happen while I saw out?"
 
"A number of things" HimChan said while watching over YongGuk who was lying on a spare bed in the room.
 
"Someone is trying to interfere on Yoon Mi's change and has not stopped, your father was demanding to pull you out of this room and dragging your sorry back home where, I quote 'you really belong' " HimChan summarized for YoungJae knowing that he would give a longwinded story.
 
Sighing, DaeHyun looked around for Yoon Mi. "When will that old man get it through his thick head." Getting to his feet shakily, slowly walked over to where she was.
 
"I'm not going anywhere." He sat down next to her and finished the rest of the blood in the glass. *I'm not going anywhere that she's not.*
 
The atmosphere in the room was tense and it seemed that one of them wasn't taking everything well. 
 
Breathing deeply as he sat down Zelo tried not to look at Yoon Mi's pale and unmoving body, it unearthed things that he so desperately kept in the recesses of his mind. The memories that haunted him no matter where he went, no matter how long time had passed.
 
-
"Noona, are we there yet?" the small boy complained restlessly after having sat in the bus for hours.
 
Hushing the boy and cradling him more into her arms "just a little more, we're almost into the next town Jun Hong." 
 
The small 9 year old looked at his sister who was a 12 good years older before resting his head on his shoulder and fell asleep.
 
Feeling that he was resting on something soft, the young boy stirred and saw his older sister tucking him into bed. "Noona...are we safe now?"
 
"We're safe now Jun Hong. Sleep, you look tired" Mi Jun assured her younger brother even though she wasn't sure herself.
 
For the past few months they've been on the run, this had been the furthest that they had travelled and both siblings, Mi Jun and Jun Hong hoped that they were far enough from the tyrant in their lives. 
 
Having found a place to stay, Mi Jun found a part time job to help pay rent, buy blood and to change their family registry.
 
A change in their family name and their own names would make it a lot harder for them to be found. Now that she was finally 21 years old, she could be Jun Hong's legal guardian and if push comes to a shove, she should pretend to be a young mother.
 
Time passed and they had managed to successfully managed to change their name and family registry. Though the older sibling didn't really approve of the name that the younger chose for himself, he said that he had put a lot of thought into it before really making his decision.
 
"Jun Hong, why did you choose such a difficult name? Noona can't really pronounce "Z" very well...I might be calling you Jello instead you know..." She ruffled the little boy's head as he did his school homework.
 
"It's because I don't want to lose..." He said quietly.
 
"Lose? What about losing?" She bent down to his level wondering what all of this was about.
 
"Zelo is from Zelos. It's the name for the God of rivalry" Looking into his Noona's eyes "I want to do better than all those kids who have moms and dads, I want to show them that even though I only have Noona with me...she'll all that I need."
 

Haha~ did you think that I would just tell you Yoon Mi's gift just like that? Phish~ Nope! 

Instead of Yoon Mi's gift, here's the first section of Zelo's past~ I wonder if anyone will cry to his story :3

Upvote~ comment~ even though I haven't been replying much. I love to reading what you say :3

with love,

Violynn (25/03/2013 ; 9:04pm)