08 - Same bowl

The Endless War

Opening her eyes, Yoon Mi didn’t realise that she fell asleep. Looking at the time, *11.27am* she read out loud in her mind. Her stomach growled reminding her that she missed breakfast.

Heading down hoping to find food, she accidentally came across Dae Hyun as he stood by the counter drinking a glass of blood. Feeling her blood grow warm, *He’s embarrassed about just now…*Yoon Mi guessed. *Well, I am too but there was something I wanted to tell him before that…* She thought, racking her brains.

Both of them stood there in silence, Yoon Mi couldn’t help notice Dae Hyun’s handsome features as he took his time drinking the blood. And didn’t understand why he wanted to wear a mask all the time.

“Thank you…” She said, staring at the glass of blood in his hand.

Making the connection between him and the glass he held. *She’s thanking me for the blood?* he wondered as he cocked his head to a side. Showing that he didn’t understand what she meant.

Fidgeting, “thank you for rescuing me from the guy…and for giving me your blood…” she said keeping her gaze on the floor.

*Shouldn’t you look at someone in the eye when thanking them?* His voice echoed in her mind. Using his thought projection on her.

“How–” Yoon Mi wanted to ask how he did that but cut her question short when she saw that he was standing right in front of her. Making her jump a little from shock as she took a step back.

*What do you think?* he asked again in her mind.

“Thank you Dae Hyun…for saving me on Friday and for giving me your blood” she said awkwardly.

*That’s a little better* he remarked as he went back to finish his glass of blood.

~Growl~

Clutching her stomach in embarrassment, Yoon Mi hated her hunger for doing this to her. Shaking his head, Dae Hyun pushed a buzzer on the counter where he was at. Looking at him oddly, *this is the buzzer to call for Mrs. Kim* he explained as he noticed her expression.

Hearing footsteps approaching, they turned to see Mrs. Kim walk in. “Young master you called?” she said, seeing that he was closer to the buzzer.

Shaking his head, Dae Hyun pointed to Yoon Mi. “He called you for me…Um…do you mind preparing something to eat? I’m really hungry…”

“Arrasso” Mrs. Kim answered taking the apron off the rack. Tying it around her neck “Is there anything you prefer?”

“Could you make kimchi soup?” Yoon Mi asked hesitantly.

“Are you sure?” Mrs. Kim asked. “We have truffles, lobsters, caviar and everything but you only want kimchi soup?” If the old maid wasn’t surprised, she wouldn’t know what else could describe the moment.

“Ne…I want kimchi soup with sliced rice cakes…” Yoon Mi added as she sat on the high stool by the counter.

“Alright” Mrs. Kim smiled before turning to look at Dae Hyun. “You want some kimchi soup? It won’t take long to prepare. I’ll only make a small portion for you guys since lunch is in another few hours”

“I understand” Yoon Mi said, understanding that elder Yong places a lot of value in eating meals together.

Dae Hyun simply shrugged as he sat down on a stool as well. Having nothing to do, he was really bored and he didn’t feel like playing video games like the rest.

“There you go” Mrs. Kim said, placing the piping hot bowl between the both of them. Forcing them to eat from the same bowl…

*Wah…Is Mrs. Kim for real? Is she making us eat from the same bowl? I know that we’re supposed o be siblings…but I’ve only been here for only a few weeks. My relationship with them is no-where near as directly eating from the same bowl!* Yoon Mi panicked inwardly.

Stretching his mask forward, Dae Hyun slowly ate the kimchi. *I wonder if he’s going to drink the soup.* She wondered.

“It’s really nice Mrs. Kim” Yoon Mi said, trying to make small talk and to make the situation less awkward…

“Thank you milady–” “Yoon Mi” She corrected the housekeeper.

“Huh?” the perplexed keeper replied. “Please call me Yoon Mi” She said, giving her a warm smile.

A smile that warmed Mrs. Kim’s heart as the senior housekeeper smiled back.

What Yoon Mi didn’t know was that Dae Hyun’s heart was warmed as well. Not that anyone would know under his mask…

-

“Are you better Yoon Mi?” Elder Yong asked over lunch.

“Ne, I’m better” Yoon Mi answered politely.

“That’s good to hear” He replied as he went on to talk to the boys about something she didn’t understand.

Leaving her to her own thoughts as she slowly ate her food. Feeling the need to talk to Elder Yong, Yoon Mi decided to ask him once the plates were kept.

“Elder Yong…” She spoke up when the moment she decided to ask him came.

“Yes? Yoon Mi” He answered smiling. It was the first time she initiated a conversation.

“Can I…ask about…the o-outcome of the attack?” Voice slightly trembling, Yoon Mi was afraid of the answer but she desperately wanted to know.

“Your family’s land is very far from here. You know that?” He replied. "We might not have gotten any news from them."

“Yes. I know, but words travel fast.” She answered.  *It doesn't have any boundaries either...* she thought. *It only depends on who decides to spread the word…*

“Are you sure you want to know.” Elder Yong voice became low as if to warn her of the news to come.

“Yes. They are my family. I need to know what happened to them.” Yoon Mi answered breathily. By now, all conversation had stopped and everyone’s attention was Elder Yong and her.


Annyeong! I'm here with another chapter! :)

Ohh~ Yoon Mi is going to find out what happened to her oppas and unnie...

with love,

Violynn :D

8/4/2012