30 - Painfully Honest

The Endless War

"Even after that long bed time story you can't sleep?" Yong Guk exclaimed feeling incredulous.

"What on earth will it take to get you to fall asleep?!" he ruffled his hair wondering what to do.

"What did Ji Yong do on nights when you can't sleep?" Yong Guk asked, hoping that there might be a solution there.

Looking away, turning red. "I can't tell you what he does Yong Guk" turning red at the memory, Yoon Mi remembered how he would hold her in his arms and they would both fall asleep together. She couldn't possibly ask Yong Guk to do that, they were no-where as close as that.

*I can't ask him to get into bed with me!* she glanced at him briefly. *That's way too intimate!*

  "Why are so intent on getting me to sleep?" Yoon Mi tried to divert his question with one of her own.

"You can faint out of exhaustion Yoon Mi, if you don't get enough sleep." Yong Guk looked at her seriously with his arms folded. "So it's you sleep by your own efforts or I help you to fall asleep" He gave her an ultimatum.

"I told you! If I could sleep asleep like that I would!" Yoon Mi stressed.

"Then accept my help and we can both rest already" Yong Guk reasoned.

"If I do...you wouldn't be able to sleep in your own room..." Yoon Mi said awkwardly. "Ji Yong would stay by my side on nights I couldn't sleep..."

"What would he do?" "Ji Yong would..." I trailed off wondering if I really was going to say this.

"Just say it Yoon Mi" Yong Guk looked at her sternly.

Sighing loudly, "He would hold me in his arms and we would fall asleep in each other's arms"

Nodding slowly, Yong Guk left the room. *What the heck? After all that trouble of getting me to tell you what it is you leave just like that?* Yoon Mi blinked at his sudden exit.

Hugging her knees, she rested her forehead against them.

Willing herself to at least feel a little sleepy.

Not noticing her door opening again, Yoon Mi jumped in shock when she felt another weight on the bed.

"I thought you left?!" She exclaimed, holding her hand to her heart to cope with the shock she got.

"To change into something more comfortable" Yong Guk explained, gesturing to himself.

 True enough, he was in sweat pants and a black wife beater. Looking away, Yoon Mi wasn't used to his sleeping attire. Not the top half at least...Ji Yong always wore a loose shirt when he slept. 

Unlike the guy before her wearing a fitting sleeveless shirt that displayed what he had.

Lying down very naturally in her bed, Yong Guk grabbed her arm and pulled her down to lie next to him.

"Omo" she said in surprise as she landed on something warm.  Eyes flickering back and forth, Yoon Mi realized that her head was on Yong Guk's rather muscular arm.

"Are you sure you slept like this in Ji Yong's arms?" Yong Guk asked when he noticed her lying stiffly next to him.

Hesitantly moving closer, Yoon Mi snuggled against his chest and lightly rested her hand by his waist.

*It feels so strange to be lying like this with someone other than Ji Yong.* Yoon Mi thought as she took in the comforting warmth that came off Yong Guk's body.

"Sleep" He said softly, "I won't until you do" As he shifted a little to be more comfortable, an unrecognizable warmth filled her heart as his gentle low voice played by her ear.

Giving a small nod, Yoon Mi found her breathing slow down.

*Why is it so easy to feel sleepy in someone else's arms?* She wondered drowsily.

Why was it that she always needed to depend on someone else even though it was matters concerning her?

More thoughts swirled in her mind before tiredness caught up with her. 

Realizing that she was more tired that she thought she was, sleep took her away easily.

Looking at her small sleeping frame nestled against his own body, he realized how much he had changed since the first day she came to the old man's house.

How his opinion had changed drastically.  

*If she's that affected, it will be hard for her to stand on her own two feet...* he thought as he brushed aside the stray locks that bothered her. Giving a feather light kiss to her forehead, Yong Guk began to question himself as he realized what he just did and the situation he is in.

 -

Since that night, things were a little different between the two. 

Still avoiding the art studio, Yoon Mi went to the library where she found Young Jae. 

Burying herself in the classics, Yoon Mi was so engrossed in reading she didn't notice that Young Jae sat in a recliner next to hers.

"Yoon Mi" he said loudly. Finally looking up after calling a few times, she blinked a few times trying to pull her mind away from the fiction that she was reading.

"Yes? Young Jae-ssi?" 

"What are you going to do when you run out of blood?" he said, asking the million dollar question.

"I have no idea Young Jae-ssi...I didn't realize how heavily I had been depending on Dae Hyun until he had to go for the trip" Yoon Mi shook her head in dismay.

"You'll most likely have to take blood from someone in this house" Young Jae pointed out the hard truth that she didn't want to face.

"Have you ever thought of taking from the house maids?" He said very seriously.

"I can't take from Mrs. Kim, she's in on her years and I feel bad for taking away her blood."

"The younger maids?" Young Jae suggested.

"Would you even consider drinking from someone who is your gender and age?" Yoon Mi asked him back.

"Guess not" He answered, thinking about how it would be like to be taking blood from a guy his age.

"I'm trying to recover from an uous relationship here, I'm not looking for a chance whereby I might fall into a same gender relationship here..." Yoon Mi told him off for his absurd suggestion.

"Then it's left with Yong Guk Hyung and Him Chan Hyung who might be willing to give you blood when the need arises. There is no way that Jong Up and I are ever going to give our blood to you" he announced before hand to her.

"Thanks for the heads up" Yoon Mi commented, giving a sigh.

The idea of blood gave her such a major headache, "if only there was another way..." she thought out loud.

"I'm afraid not Yoon Mi...I can only say that our old man was right when he said that more than one of us would be willing to give you blood." he recalled months back when Dae Hyun first gave blood to her.

She missed him more than she would admit. His voice echoing in her mind, his silent presence and even his explosive temper at times.

But she was confused by Yong Guk, after last night, she didn't know how or what she should feel towards him.

How her heart thumped so loud in her ears, Yoon Mi had worried that Yong Guk's had heard it with his sharp hearing. Whether he did she would never know. 

Even if he did, Yong Guk acted like he didn't.

Waking up earlier than he did, she was glad for that.

That way, he would never know how close they were this morning. Seeing his wife beater the moment she opened her eyes, it took her awhile to realize that she was staring at his chest. Her senses painfully slow in the morning, it took another few moments to realize that her arm wrapped around his torso holding him close to her.

Turning crimson, Yoon Mi withdrew her hand and wanted to pull away but she realized that his arms were around her as well.

Staying still, she couldn't help but stare at his peaceful features. His relaxed brows, his lips that were neither smiling nor frowning. 

Sure he was cold and indifferent at first but now how he cared for her so much and he was someone who could relate to her...

Yoon Mi felt warmer the longer she longer she looked at him. *Is it because he's giving off a lot of heat or is it because of me?* she wondered.

Lightly brushing his blonde locks aside, a replay of the day Dae Hyun left flashed in her mind.

Causing her to recoil her hand as she wondered why that moment played back in her mind.

 Dae Hyun was surprisingly caring at times, always trying to push her forward whether she wanted to or not. He was there during her lowest to help her up albeit a little forceful at times. He had tried to help her be strong...

*He knows so much of me but I don't know anything of him at all* she thought sadly as she tried to gently pry Yong Guk's arm away from her body.

Grabbing her clothes from her wardrobe, Yoon Mi went into the bathroom to wash up hoping the water would wash away her confusion.

*I couldn't be happier that he had left the room when I was done with my shower* Yoon Mi sighed in frustration as everything she had managed to wash down the drain came back again. 

"How are you so painfully honest with everything?" she glanced at Young Jae who was lounging comfortably in the recliner

"Because my gift is all about lying to someone" he said, covering his eyes with his hands. "I've had enough of dealing with and the lies and something that's fake" 

After months of staying here, this was the first time she had seen this side of Young Jae. 

He looked so tired and weary; Yoon Mi wondered what had he gone through to make his thinking this way.

*Was he lied to? Did he have to use a lot of his gift when he was younger?* She wondered

"Do you hate your gift?" Yoon Mi asked.

"Mostly yes, sometimes no" He said looking to the distance.

 "You're lucky you even have one" she said as she hugged a book. "I felt like I was a disappointment when my family is so gifted except for me...at least if you wanted you could do something...but as for me, I'm left wondering if I was meant to get something.

Sometimes I would smile and joke with Ji Yong Oppa and say that when he was born, he took all the remaining gifts in the gene pool and left me with nothing when it came to my turn." pausing to look at her hands, she wished that she would be able to do something with them but she can't.

"Is having a gift that important to you?" he asked.

"It's not but having one would have helped. It would give them the assurance that I would be fine on my own but without one...I felt like I was such a burden and liability to them."

"I'm sure they don't think that way" Young Jae assured

Looking at him, Yoon Mi sighed "You're just saying that"

"Yeah, I am" he answered honestly.

 "You sure know what to say to others" 

"I had no choice in that" he said darkly.

"Thanks for trying to say something that I want to hear" she tried to smile but the light didn't reach her eyes.

"I'll be fine. You don't have to tell me what I want to hear or see for that matter. Your best friend has gotten me used to the painful things in recovering.” Yoon Mi said with a lingering bitterness for how harsh Dae Hyun could get sometimes…well with her; most of the times.

“Our personalities rubbed off on each other after hanging out with each other for so long.” He explained. “He helped me a lot when I first got here though. I admire him for how far he came along considering his past.” Young Jae gave a rare smile as he talked about his best friend.

“But why does he wear that mask about?” Yoon Mi asks, trying to imagine how a half mask would link to Dae Hyun’s past.

“If he hasn’t told you about his past, I can’t tell you either.” Young Jae looked a little apologetically. “It’s easily on par with Yong Guk hyung’s past in terms of sadness, even though they went through totally different things.”

“Wha–”

“Guys, we’re needed in the dining room.” Jong Up suddenly comes in bursting through the doors cutting Yoon Mi off before she could even finish a word.

“Lightly! The doors are sturdy doesn’t mean that you can keep slamming them” Young Jae told Jong Up off as usual.

“I’m serious. There’s this fortune teller who bypassed my sensors and is sitting in the dining room.” He explained.

“So that person told you to look for us and gather everyone? HELLO! Are you even thinking? Don’t you think that it could possibly be a trap?!” Young Jae’s voice increased slightly.

“I told the hyung’s first, so if anything happens they would let us know.” Jong Up answered.

Receiving a text to actually head down to the dining room, they actually saw Him Chan and Yong Guk seated opposite the fortune teller. Surprisingly nothing was happening and they were just seated there.

“The three of you can come in already” the fortune teller said, looking at the spot where they were behind the door. “Especially you Yoon Mi”

“H-how?”

“Do I know your name? The elderly lady smiled as she watched them walk into the room. “Well I have the gift of seeing past, present and future.”

Everyone looking at her dubiously and with suspicion, the elderly lady gave a smile. “Take a seat here Yoon Mi.” She motioned to the empty seat between Yong Guk and Him Chan. “It’ll be easier for you to hear and understand about what I’m going to say.”


Anneyong!!!!

I'm soooo sorry for not replying some, well most of your comments >.< I've just been so exhausted when I reach home from work that I didn't even use my laptop at all.

I didn't dare to reply to them at work either >.< *Yeah I'm a scaredy cat*

I'll reply to your comments soon~

Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter, I've managed to include more of Young Jae and I will in a few chapters after the 'fortune teller' section is done. I need to explain a little about Yoon Mi's situation :)

Please continue commenting~

I love it when you do :)

*Or do I have to hold the next chapter hostage XD

Haha, I'm such a mean author. I'm joking in any case. I'll update it when I have it ready~*

 

With Love~

Violynn:) 9/6/2012

 

OMONAH!!!!

I thought I had uploaded this on the 9th of June!!!! ASDFGHJKL!@#$%^&*()!!! I seriously thought that I did!! Omo omo >.<

No wonder everyone was still commenting about Yong guk's past! Aish! I'm such an airhead...

Jungmal mianhe!!! I'm so sorry guys. I should have checked this earlier...

 

*Bowing in apology*

Violynn 18/6/2012