07 - Drink it

The Endless War

Still sitting in the armchair long after everybody left, thoughts swirled his mind. *What happened to her family? Why is she alone? What if she falls into another blood shock when I’m not there?* Sinking back into the plush chair, Dae Hyun wondered what he got himself into.

Looking for Mrs. Kim, he thought projected to her when he finally caught sight of her.

*Mrs. Kim, could you help me clean up Yoon Mi? It’s not good for her so sleep in her current clothes and on dirtied sheets.*

Looking around, Mrs. Kim nodded in understanding when she saw Dae Hyun. “I’ll get to it right away” she smiled, as the thought of how one of the young masters has finally come to care for someone other than themselves.

-

*I’m still alive?* Yoon Mi questioned when she saw the familiar furniture to her room. Finally being able to open her eyes, she blinked to see if she wasn’t dreaming. Pinching herself and feeling the slight pain, *I really am still alive!*

Getting to her feet, she walked to the bathroom to freshen up. Seeing how horrible and messy she looked, Yoon Mi decided to bathe. Stepping out moments later, feeling better now that she was clean. She wrapped herself in a towel and proceeded to her wardrobe.

Taking her clothes from it, Yoon Mi’s eyes widened in shock when she realised she wasn’t alone in her bedroom. Frozen in shock, she stared at the blond haired boy who was in the room leaving a glass of red liquid on her nightstand.

“Dae Hyun…” Yoon Mi’s voice came out barely as a whisper when memories of Friday came back to her…telling her that he was her rescuer.

Turning rigid and tense as his vampire hearing picked up her voice. Dae Hyun didn’t expect Yoon Mi to be done with her shower so soon.

Looking up, his eyes widened when he saw that she was only in a towel. Causing his cheeks to burn red under his mask. Quickly running to the bathroom, she slammed the door behind her.

Disbelief coursed through her veins. How could she have not remembered her rescuer?! *I still can’t believe that I really took his blood* Yoon Mi winced as she leaned against the bathroom door.

The heated blood that pulsed in her veins served as proof. *Dae Hyun must be embarrassed as I am* she thought. Feeling how he felt, Yoon Mi looked at herself in the mirror and saw that her face was tinged with red. Especially her cheeks.

Leaving the bathroom fully dressed. She saw that Dae Hyun had left, leaving the glass on the nightstand. Beside it was a black note with white inked script saying “Drink it”.

Hesitatingly bringing the glass to her lips, Yoon Mi felt less hungry with the little sip that she took. *It’s Dae Hyun’s blood.* Her mind told her as she registered the smooth sweet richness of his blood.

Setting the empty glass on the table, Yoon Mi couldn’t help but feel guilty that she was taking his blood.

Clutching her head, migraines suddenly pounded at her mind.

*Don’t ever feel guilty for taking my blood* Yoon Mi, she heard her love’s voice echo in her mind.

‘But you become weaker when I take your blood’ She recalled her response to him.

Her mind brought her back to her eight year old self who was tearing at the fact that her love would become weak when she took his blood. *I would lose you if you don’t drink blood Yoon Mi.* he wrapped his arms around her tiny frame.

She didn’t love him as her lover then. Being young, they hadn’t thought of bringing their relationship to that level. Yoon Mi wanted to be loving like how Hae Yong oppa and Yoon Ji unnie were in the future but she was worried about loving her blood related oppa.

Even as a kid, Yoon Mi knew that society didn’t allow marrying of siblings…but the same rules didn’t apply to her family. Normal vampires don’t drink other vampires blood. Mainly because we can’t regenerate blood cells fast enough on our own.

But for their family and the sacrifice their ancestors made in exchange for power…meant that things were different, the same rules didn’t apply. But as long as they drank another vampire's blood, things would be fine.  Their blood would regenerate faster and what it is that lives in their family's blood that gives them their strength, it would be calmed.

“I wish that we were older, you would be able to love me back” Her Ji Yong oppa sighed.

‘But I do love you oppa!’ Her eight year old self pouted.

“Not in the way that I do” He lightly tapped her nose with his finger.

Crying as her migraines ended and she was brought back to the present. She wailed as her heart broke. *Now that I love you the way you love me…You’re no longer here!*Yoon Mi squeezed her eyes shut, hot tears streaming down her cheeks. Her heart longed for him, his light and gentle touch. His clear and bright laughter that always made her feel like laughing along with him. His charming eye smile and the way his face lights up when he sees her…

* Ji Yong oppa* Yoon Mi cried as she hugged her knees. *I need you so much…where are you when I need you? Are you even alive?* She wondered as she cried harder at the thought that he could possibly be dead.

-

Pacing back and forth outside her room, Dae Hyun wondered if she took the blood that he left of her. *What’s taking her so long?* He thought impatiently after waiting for so long. Pressing his ear to her door.

All he heard was silence. Opening it, he saw her curled up in a foetus position on her bed. Walking up to her, he saw tear stains running down her fair cheeks. Unconsciously reaching out to gently rub away the tear stains, he heard Yoon Mi whisper in her sleep. “Ji Yong oppa…” she said, as another fresh set of tears streamed down her face.

*She’s dreaming of her older brother….* Dae Hyun thought disappointedly. *Wait. Why am I disappointed?* He froze up. Retracting his hand, he quickly left the room trying to reason with himself.


Annyeong!! :D

I'm here with another chapter of 'The endless war', I'm so glad about the comments that I've recieved and how you guys love it! :D I love this story too~

I honestly didn't expect how quickly the responses came in though XD Thank you so much for you support and love. Gomawo~

Even though I have a long weekend, my days are still packed and I hope I can get enough rest and writing time >.< Enough rest = quality of writing.

Once I wrote when I was dead beat and in the end what I wrote was utter gibberish >.< It made no sense whatsoever =.=

Be patient with me if I don't update a regularly :D

with love,

Violynn ;P