C72: The Challenge

The Endless War

"YoungJae, I need your help!" Yoon Mi came running into his room.

"Who said you could barge into my room without knocking?" He groaned as his head emerged from the bed covers.
 
"It's urgent and I did knock! You just didn't hear me!" Yoon Mi exclaimed.
 
"Alright, come back in after a few minutes" YoungJae disappeared back into the covers. "Hey! Don't go back to sleep!" She yelled and wanted to get him out from the covers.
 
But when he emerged on his own, whatever Yoon Mi had planned to say was caught in . 
 
Her eyes widened when she saw his and toned arms. Turning away, "I'll come back in a bit" she hurriedly walked out the door and waited on the other side.
 
*What is with the guys here and being shirtless?* She couldn't help but wonder. 
 
"What do you need?" YoungJae asked when the door reopened.
 
Heading into the room because she didn't want anyone else to know what she's planning. "I need your help" 
 
-
 
"I wish I could have gotten a chance to know you better" Yoon Mi said to Lea as the time that they agreed to put the plan in action came and they got ready to help her leave. 
 
"We could have been good friends if it wasn't for all this" Lea smiled wryly.
 
"After all these is settled, you're welcome to find me again" Yoon Mi gave her a sudden hug and caused Lea to freeze for a split second before hugging her back.
 
"I'll take your word for it" She smiled.
 
"Lea, can I ask what's your second power?" 
 
"It's vocal command, I think one of the boys here have it as well. I can feel a similar power to mine" Lea answered while picking up her duffel bag. "But mine has a catch, I need to see the person's full face before my powers can work."
 
Hearing that, Yoon Mi's mouth formed an o-shape in surprise. "You should be happy that his habit of wearing a mask saved him."
 
Yoon Mi laughed ruefully. "I'll tell him that his mask saved him" 
 
Holding the necklace that temporarily stored YoungJae's power, Lea had at least 2 days worth of power in it and needed to go as far as she possibly could before Leader Jung realizes and tries to catch up with her.
 
"I'll get going now" Lea opened the window and got ready to make the five story high jump. Her room was located at the front of the house and it was to their advantage because she didn't have to use the front door. 
 
Seeing her activate the power, Yoon Mi watched Lea vanish before her eyes. Well, technically it wasn't vanishing, YoungJae's power covered Lea with the imagery of what was behind her. Feeling a small rush of wind, indicating that Lea had jumped out the window. Yoon Mi hoped that she had landed safely considering how there was no sound.
 
Closing the window and making sure that no one was in the hallway, Yoon Mi slipped out of Lea's room and went back to her own. Freezing in her tracks when she saw someone sleeping in her bed, walking around it so that she could see who it was. "Yah! DaeHyun! Why are you sleeping in my bed!"
 
*Because beds are meant to be slept on* He mumbled as he slept on his side.
 
"Then go back to your own!" Yoon Mi complained. 
 
*No, I sleep better with you next to me* DaeHyun hugged the bedcovers tighter.
 
"T-that's nonsense! Sleep is sleep and just go back to your room DaeHyun" She walked over to the bed and tried yanking the bedcovers away from him.
 
Instead, she found herself pulled into bed and being hugged tightly by him.
 
Placing his ear to her heart, his head resting on her chest *Your heartbeat is music to me*
 
"Why are you so tired?" Yoon Mi gave up trying to push him away and began the crown of his head. Letting her fingers sift through his silky hair.
 
*If I want the old man to do what I want, I would need to fight him.* DaeHyun sighed.
 
 "I'm sure you'll find a way to win" She encouraged him when she could feel how anxious he was of it. Eyeing him nervously, "would it help if you took more of my blood?"
 
Chuckling lightly, *it might but I can't always rely on your blood Yoon Mi* His hands drawing circles on her back as they laid on her bed.
 
"DaeHyun, I need to fill you in on something" Yoon Mi got ready to tell what happened earlier. About Lea, his brother, along with how his annoying habit had saved him.
 
*Wow, my stubbornness paid off this time* He had a smug expression where his eyes turned into crescent moons and she could see his cheeks were raised from under his mask.
 
Leaning in to give him a kiss to his forehead, DaeHyun smiled knowing that there was one less problem to handle. Even though Yoon Mi couldn't see it clearly from under his mask. She could feel his small joy from their bond. 
 
Closing her eyes, the wave of feelings that she felt whenever she was with him enveloped her. "How is it possible that I can feel you telling me 'I love you' without using words?" Yoon Mi murmured as she held him.
 
*I could ask you the same question Yoon Mi* DaeHyun's words were slurring from fatigue. *This bond that you Kwons have is so different...*
 
His sentence made her wonder about things. *But different in a good way Yoon Mi* DaeHyun answered before he finally fell asleep. Remaining still, she was in shock for how he had read her so well. She had only thought of what he could have possibly meant by how things were so different with Kwons and he sensed it straight away.
 
A small smile formed on her lips as she kissed the top of his head and laid her head on the pillow, slowly drifting off to sleep. Yoon Mi hoped that Lea would be able to be with Min Hyun like how she was with DaeHyun.
 
-
 
At the dining table the next morning, DaeHyun threw a black card in front of his old man. Staring at the paper, "do you know what you are getting yourself into?" Leader Jung looked at his son. 
 
He had his biological mother's eyes but the intensity in them was like his own. When will he ever get to see his own son's face?
 
"I know what I'm doing." DaeHyun spoke with resolve. "If I manage to land a hit on you I win and you have to leave this place. If you knock me out cold, you win and you can even drag my unconscious body out the door, back to where the clan is."
 
He laid down the conditions and waited to see if his old man agreed to them. It took him a while to copy out the exact same ancient script that was on the challenge letter.
 
 It was silent in the dining room and the air was thick with tension. No one dared to make a sound as they watched DaeHyun challenge his father.
 
Picking up the black letter, Leader Jung stared back at his son.
 
"I look forward to dragging your body out this door to where you belong"
 
Their meal was forgotten as they went to the training room. Everything was kept away and the room was bare. Both Jungs had changed out of their normal clothes and were fitted in black. 
 
They were similarly dressed and if it wasn't for Leader Jung's slightly taller and bigger frame, it would be impossible to tell the two apart. 
 
Fully in black, they wore form-fitting top that covered their neck and up till their wrist and a loose shirt over it. The black pants they wore clung to their waist, was a snug fit and everyone had an idea at how fit both parties were. They had on black combat boots that gave good traction on the smooth floor of the training room.
 
In all honesty they almost looked like ninjas, especially DaeHyun with his specially created mask for fighting. It totally covered the lower half of his face and the only part of him that was visible were his eyes and forehead.
 
Both Jungs took their stance when Yong Guk gave the first signal that he was going to start the fight soon. 
 
When the signal was given, both of them stood still as they sized each other up.
 
*Left fist* DaeHyun heard a voice in the back of his mind. 
 
Soon enough, a left fist was quickly approaching and he managed to barely dodge it.
 
*Uppercut* he heard the voice again. 
 
Trusting it, DaeHyun managed to block it. He pushes his old man's arm in another direction and punches with his right. 
 
Leader Jung easily caught his fist and shoved him backwards. Overpowered by strength, DaeHyun was pushed backwards until he was slammed against the wall.
 
If he didn't do something soon, the increasing pressure that Leader Jung was applying would cause a fracture in his elbow joints.
 
Putting his weight on his back that was against the wall, DaeHyun bent his legs and shoved his old man away with his feet. Landing on the floor, he flexed his arms to check that everything was alright. He didn't want to waste his blood and power in healing himself.
 
*Move!* the voice in his head yelled and DaeHyun quickly shoved off from the ground moving to the left. Barely escaping his old man's fist that landed on the wall.
 
When he removed his hand, there were cracks on the wall where his head was supposed to be and DaeHyun was thankful that he had managed to avoid that. 
 
A blow like that to his head would have given him a concussion and he wouldn't be able to recover fast enough to dodge a second hit.
 
Leader Jung was irritated at how DaeHyun was lasting so long. His younger brother MinHyun hadn't even last this long and by now he was convinced that he needed to drag the brat's back with the clan where he belong. 
 
He was already so much better at fighting than his younger brother, imagine all the other things that he could be better at. Determined, Leader Jung upped his speed and strength another notch and DaeHyun wasn't able to avoid the next hit that was delivered to his gut. 
 
Clutching his stomach with one hand, DaeHyun managed to block the second blow but he felt his shoulder dislocating at the impact. Jumping backwards to gain some distance and time so that he could pop his shoulder back into place. 
 
"What's the matter, afraid of your old man?" Leader Jung taunted when he saw DaeHyun back away. He liked what he saw in his son; the calm rationale, the calculative look that he had in his eyes and how he wasn't easily provoked unlike MinHyun. 
 
Everyone was tense as they watched the fight between the father and son. DaeHyun was able to hold his own against father.
 
But that was the only thing he was able to do. Hold up. They weren't sure if he would be able to land a punch or a kick on his old man. They believed in him but they had their doubts. 
 
Yoon Mi on the other hand was trying hard to remember to keep breathing and to be calm as she watched the fight. If she passed out on the spot or left the room, it would definitely distract DaeHyun and she didn't want that. 
 
Soon an hour had passed and DaeHyun had taken a lot of hits. He wasn't sure how long he would last against his old man who looked like he could continue on all day.
 
Picking up his speed, he needed to find a way to end it soon if not the next time he opened his eyes he would find himself in the middle of the desert where his clan resided. The guys groaned in disappointment when DaeHyun's punch missed by an inch and his following kick was a second too late.
 
Leader Jung was simply too quick and experienced in fighting for DaeHyun to go against.
 
It looked like he was losing and in fact, he was.
 
A final punch was dealt and the impact was so loud it echoed in the room.
 
Everyone held their breath when they saw who was standing and who was on the ground.
 
Seeing DaeHyun's body on the floor. Yoon Mi wanted to cry because…
 
He wasn't moving.
 
He was unconscious.
 

Annyeong~ 

Do you love me or hate me? XD haha, most likely I think that you hate me. For ending this chapter this way and leaving it in such a cliff hanger.

I bet most of you guys want to knock me unconscious for doing this to him~

Until next time my dear readers!

With love,

Violynn (15 / 05 / 2012 ; 9:30pm)