57 - Prick

The Endless War
The amount of blood that was given to Dae Hyun had affected him in a lot of ways.
 
His senses were sharper, heightened. 
 
 
There was lesser strain on his powers at the end of the day, it felt like everything in him was better. 
 
 
But there was only one downside that was killing him slowly.
 
 
Yoon Mi.
 
 
His mind would always be thinking her subconsciously and when he went to see her, his heart would begin to race and a simple touch to her cheek would send an electric shock through his body.
 
 
 
*Is this how it feels like to be blood bonded to a Kwon?* Dae Hyun wondered.
 
-
 
*Voices...* Yoon Mi's small, timid voice echoed in the darkness of her mind.
 
 
*I hear voices...who is it?
 
Dae Hyun?... Ah, I can't tell very well. I miss the sound of his voice.
 
His low baritone, just listening to him calms me down...sets my heart at ease. 
 
Dae Hyun...* Yoon Mi's heart broke as she thought of him. Her last memory of him screaming out in pain.
 
 
*All of it is my fault, if it wasn't for me he wouldn't be going through all this* Guilt filled her broken heart.
 
*I'm sorry Dae Hyun...I'm so sorry that all I brought you was pain and suffering...*
 
 
A tear slid down the side of her eyes, making Dae Hyun stand up in shock.
 
"Yoon Mi! Yah! Are you awake?!" He sat down next to her and shook her shoulders. Sensing her blood turn cold in him "Don't give up on me! You have to wake up you hear me! Don't you dare back down you hear!"
 
 
*Please don't give up, you come so far and grown so much...please don't Yoon Mi. Don't do this*  Dae Hyun's heart sank at what was happening. 
 
Sitting bedside her on the bed, he brushed aside stray strands of hair away from her face and leaned down until his forehead touched hers and their noses were lightly brushing against each other's. 
 
Breathing in, there was a faint scent of vanilla from her. 
 
Tilting his head slightly. Dae Hyun kissed her on impulse, pressing his lips against hers for a few seconds before he had to pull away.
 
*How can a kiss feel so different?* He wondered while rubbing his lips. *Why is there such always such a strong spark between us? It's like our bond amplifies everything...*
 
-
 
*Why is my heart beating so fast? Why do I feel electricity coursing through me like crazy?* Yoon Mi questioned as she wandered the darkness in her mind.
 
-
 
"Why isn't she waking up?" Zelo asked when they had waited for two weeks. 
 
Scratched his head confused "I don't know why it's taking so long" Young Jae answered.
 
"We successfully destroyed the ring didn't we?" Jong Up questioned his Hyungs.
 
"We did." Young Jae answered. "There was nothing left of the ring under the container, not even a speck of gold dust. Even the blood that was poured into the container and engravings disappeared."
 
As Dae Hyun stepped closer to her bed, everyone looked at him warily.
 
*What?* He looked back at all of them.
 
 
"You're not going to do something reckless again now are you?" Young Jae blocked his path.
 
*I'm not* He rolled his eyes. *I'm just going to give her a little blood alright? It's been awhile and not forgetting you guys used her blood to break the curse. I thought that its best to give her some before she goes into blood shock..*
 
 
Evaluating what he said, Young Jae sighed and stepped aside.
 
Sitting on the side of her bed, Dae Hyun pricked his index finger on his fang and used his free hand to part Yoon Mi's jaw.
 
Lightly resting his finger between her lips, he slowly let the blood drip onto her tongue. 
 
 
Exiting the room when they smelt Dae Hyun's blood. They didn't want to be there, they felt like they were intruding something that was only between two people.
 
As he let the blood slowly trickle down, a small hope grew in him when he saw her swallow it down. Feeling something sharp poking against his finger, Dae Hyun removed his finger and saw that her fangs were growing out.
 
 
Sensing the air around them change, Dae Hyun felt the hair on the back of his neck stand on end. Feeling wary, he quickly got off her bed.
 
Backing up until he was standing a safe distance away, his eyes widened in shock when Yoon Mi's hair changed from ink black to bright blond.
 
 
And right there and then, her eyes opened.
 
 
Pupils adjusting to the light, they finally focused and she turned to face Dae Hyun.
 
Tilting her head to the side, Yoon Mi stared at him. 
 
 
Moments of silence passed between them before she parted her lips and said.
 
 
"Who are you?"
 
 

Annyeong!!

What do you guys think?? XD

Important author's notes below!!!! A reader asked a really good question and it had me thinking for a bit. So I though that I would explain some stuff about the story ^_^


A few things that I want to explain a little;

1. Blood bonds. Not all blood bonds will result in the way that Dae Hyun is experiencing.

Just that the blood bond to a "Kwon" and a "non-Kwon" would have such strong and obvious results. But if it was between Yoon Mi and her brother Ji Yong; two "Kwons", the results are fairly small.

2. Consuming blood. Their blood bond does not mean that Dae Hyun must drink Yoon Mi's blood.

While as a Kwon; Yoon Mi MUST drink Dae Hyun's blood, it's because she cannot take human blood as it has no effect on her or her hunger.

Whereas Dae Hyun, is simply a vampire of a prestigious blood lineage. He is able to take human blood but like in Chapter 56, after having Yoon Mi's blood in him, a side effect is that human blood is not as effective in settling his hunger as it used to. (e.g. he was able to feel full with 2 packs of blood. But now, he needs to take 4 packs to feel as full.)

3. Pure blood: Someone who is a vampire from birth. Not bitten and undergoes transformation to change into a vampire.

But even in pure bloods there are different ranks;

- Kwon being the highest noble rank since their blood has not been intermingled with different kinds of blood since they inter-married brothers and sisters only. (If I were to place a numbering, the Kwons would not have a number because they are beyond that hierachy.)

- Next rank (1st Rank) is where Yong Guk and Dae Hyun are from.

Yong Guk coming from a rare blood line that has become even rarer because his family was murdered.

Dae Hyun coming from a the leader of the clan of healers that kept to themselves and a mother that is of similar standard of nobility.

- The rank (2nd Rank) would be where HimChan is at.

In eariler chapters I've already explained that he's from a fairly prestigious family but has been disowned. So I won't say much here.

As for Young Jae, Jong Up and Zelo...I've not thought so much about their ranks in society.

I would like to think that Young Jae is from upper class family.

But it doesn't necessarily mean that he is of noble ranks AND at the same time it does not mean that he's not a noble bloodlined vampire. (You're free to think of him as a noble blood lined vampire or not.)

Not to mention I have not written about Jong Up and Zelo's past! So I'll refrain from describing where their ranks are in vampire society.


End of serious note~ Ahhh, I can finally relax.

Also....Yoon Mi has become blond like Daehyun and Ii have left you with another cliff hanger XD

Will I see a lot of death threats from my dear readers??

Ohhhh~ so exciting, I can't wait for the next chapter to be published ^_^

With love,

Violynn (19/01/2013 ; 9:57pm)