46 - Scared again...

The Endless War

*Bite him* A voice whispered in Yoon Mi’s mind.

*No…I-I I can’t do that* she rejected the thought. It was tempting, Yoon Mi had to admit. The desire that she had for him and his blood came together in one big mess and she didn’t know what to do anymore.

*Your fangs are already out. What are you waiting for?*The voice relentlessly haunted her mind.

*I can’t* She refused again. Battling herself, she was slowly growing weak willed, Yoon Mi was losing herself as the voice in her mind tempted her repeatedly.

*Is this what it’s like to feel blood lust?* She wondered before she out completely.

-

Jolting awake, Yoon Mi instantly sat up holding her hand to her head. Trying to recall what happened.

Everything felt sharper and her hearing was more acute. *Why is everything so different?* Yoon Mi looked at her hands. Remembering that she out, she hoped she hadn’t done any regrettable actions.

Running to her bathroom, Yoon Mi let out a sigh of relief when her hair was still black. *At least I didn’t bite him…*

Walking out of the bathroom, she noticed something on her bedside table. Going over to pick it up, she saw that it was a note from Dae Hyun. *Look for me when you’re awake* in his signature black paper with white ink.

After Yoon Mi was done going through her usual morning routine, she headed for Dae Hyun’s room and knocked on the door.

Hearing no response, she tried knocking a few times more but there was no response.

Opening the door, Yoon Mi looked around and saw that the room was empty. Wondering where he could be, she turned around to check the dining room first.

Seeing that he wasn’t there either she headed for the library next.

Calling into the big room, her voice even echoed back.

“Dae Hyun! Are you here?” Yoon Mi called out for one last time before deciding to leave.

*I’m at the back of the library* his calm voice echoed in her mind.

Sensing his seriousness in his blood *did something really happened last night?* Yoon Mi fretted with each step she took.

Finally seeing him in sight she suddenly bowed exclaiming “I’m sorry if I did anything wrong last night!”

*If?* Dae Hyun repeated as he cocked his head to one side. *You mean you don’t know what happened last night?*

“W-why? Did something really happen last night?” She stuttered out of worry.

Circling around her, Dae Hyun tapped his chin wondering in thought. *So tell me why you can’t remember?*

“I-I out after hearing a voice in my head” Yoon Mi looked at the ground. Not having the confidence to look at him in the eye.

“A voice? What it say?* he stopped directly in front of her.

Looking hesitantly at Dae Hyun “It s-said…to bite you…”

*Anything else?* He asked further.

“It said that since my fangs were already out and what was I waiting for…kept repeating it over and over to bite you. Each time getting stronger and louder in my head…” Yoon Mi recalled. Feeling scared that it could have been her inner vampire commanding her. The part of her that would surface if she bit someone…

Silence hung thick in the air as Dae Hyun wondered why this was happening. As guilty as she felt, Yoon Mi could sense that he was deep in thought.

Unable to stay on her feet, Yoon Mi went to the reading chair and sat down with her face in her hands.

*For him to feel this way something must have happened last night* Yoon Mi dreaded in her heart.

“I am so sorry if I did anything after I out, I really don’t know what happened.” She apologized again.

*I don’t want you to be mad at me, I can’t believe that I’m actually scared of you hating me or disliking me after knowing that there might be something else that is wrong with me. I don’t want you to think I’m a monster, I don’t want you avoid me…* Numerous thoughts ran in Yoon Mi’s mind, making her stressed, panicked and afraid that she really might be a monster.

Hearing a sigh, Dae Hyun knelt down to her level and took her hands away from her face. “Don’t cry Yoon Mi” He spoke gently, his voice slightly muffled by the mask he wore.

“Why are you crying?” He asked after pulling his mask down.

Shaking her head, Yoon Mi didn’t want to tell him her reasons. It would give away how much she liked him now and how conscious she was of him.

His hands cupping her face and rubbing the tears away with his thumb, he asked again “Why are you crying?”

Repeating her thoughts out loud, she almost thought that she would die of embarrassment. Smiling out of satisfaction, Dae Hyun’s heart was in the clouds again from the words that Yoon Mi said.

Thinking carefully about her last worry “I don’t think you’re a monster, we just need to be very careful the next time you ever drink blood from a direct cut” Dae Hyun leaned in until their forehead were touching and they were only a breath away.

“I’m scared of what I’m becoming Dae Hyun” Yoon Mi shivered “What if I blackout again and I seriously do something that I might regret?” Her worry filled eyes looked into his warm brown ones.

“Nothing will happen. I’m sure of it” Dae Hyun assured.

-

Exams over at long last, winter was upon them and the event that Yoon Mi dreaded was soon approaching.

On the day of the ball, as they finished lunch in the dining room “Yoon Mi follow me afterwards, I have the dress and stylists ready for you” Elder Yong told her.

Nearly dropping her cutleries, Yoon Mi regained her composure and agreed with Elder Yong. What else could she say? There was no way that she could turn down the event or simply not go for it.

Following behind Elder Yong, Yoon Mi walked into a vanity room with a tall skinny lady with heavy makeup on.

Her skin was the colour of porcelain and her lips were the shade of red wine.

The way the woman looked intimidated Yoon Mi. How her eyes spoke of no nonsense.

“I will take it from here” The woman said curtly, bringing out her arsenal of makeup and the dress in a covered bag.

A sinking feeling gathered in the pit of her stomach.

“What is your name” She asked flatly.

“Yoon Mi Maam” Yoon Mi answered nervously.

“I am Sae Min and I can tell that you are afraid of me. Are you not?” She folded her arms.

Nodding silently, was her fear that visible?

“I am only a makeup artist; Elder Yong helped many years back and gave me this profession. I am very thankful for him and his help” Sae Min said quietly as she took out some of the basic items.

Putting on a headband on Yoon Mi to hold her fringe back, Sae Min began working away at her face.

Hearing a knock on the room hours later, Zelo entered the room where Yoon Mi was getting her makeup done, Zelo stopped in his tracks when he saw how amazing she looked.

Donning a midnight blue ball gown with a sweetheart neckline and a pick up skirt; the fabric was gathered at the left side of the waist creating beautiful ruffles of fabric cascading down to the base, underneath that was a tulle (the cloth that make the skirt puffy) that was a shade that was darker than midnight blue. It made her skin fairer because of the contrast and it almost looked like her skin was glowing.

Zelo blinked his eyes wondering why his Noona was sparkling; only when he took a closer look, he realised that diamonds were sewn into the gown and sewn onto the top of each ruffle from the waist down to the back and round the other side so that the dress would sparkle with each move she makes.

Feeling uncomfortable in the dress and makeup, Yoon Mi had kept her head down as she waited for Elder Yong to fetch her to the ball. Her initial fear had crept back and what Dae Hyun had said couldn’t help her in her current state of mind.

“A-hem” Zelo coughed trying to gain her attention.

Looking upwards, Zelo froze when he saw how beautiful Yoon Mi had become. He had always thought that noona was pretty but the way her silky black hair framed her face along with the way it went down her back in soft curls. The eyeliner, the subtle glitter eye shadow and red lipstick made her phenomenal.

Yoon Mi’s scared expression melting away when she saw Zelo’s familiar face; she got up and went over to him.

However, taking only a few steps Yoon Mi visibly wobbled on her feet and was falling forward.

“Noona!” Zelo instantly called out as he reached out for her.

Catching Yoon Mi in his arms, Zelo steadied her back on her feet. “I’m here to bring you to the ball Noona, since we’re closest in age. Elder Yong thought that it would be better if we went in together.” He explained as Yoon Mi’s watery eyes looked into his.

“Are you alright Noona?” Zelo asked quietly. Getting worried since she wasn’t even nagging at him for calling her Noona thrice.

“I’ve never really worn heels like what I’m wearing now and I’m scared of the attention I’ll get when we get introduced to the crowd” Yoon Mi answered.

“Do you need to hold onto me?” Zelo offered his arm.

“Can I?” She asked with a grateful look.

Nodding, Zelo continued holding his arm up for her to hold.

An old memory surfaced when her hand rested lightly on his arm but he pushed the thought away. He had enough of his memory haunting him and wanted to focus on helping Yoon Mi get to the ball safely.

The sound of her heels clicking against the floor, Yoon Mi and Zelo made their way to the car. “Where’s everyone else Zelo?” Yoon Mi finally initiated a conversation.

“They’ve all gone ahead with Elder Yong; we go in after them because we’re the youngest.” He explained.

Nodding nervously, Yoon Mi tried focusing on Dae Hyun’s words. How he said that they wouldn’t recognise someone they don’t know.


Annyeong babys!!!

I'm back with another update!!! I'm really going crazy with archery now, with competition only a few days away.

Thank you so much also for commenting on my story!! I guess with these new aff features, it'll be easier for me to reply you guys.^^

Hopefully I'm the one who doesn't end up becoming the monster because of studies and stress >.<

Comment & vote the story up if you feel like it : )