the farewell

Last tear of rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After Taeyeon said that, she went to the room to pack her stuff. Jiyong went to find Taeyeon in their room after Taeyeon said the divorce in front of his family and Jiwoong. When he opens the door, he saw Taeyeon is folding her clothes and put it into the luggage.

“What are you doing?” Jiyong asked while he’s stopping Taeyeon action.

“What? Don't you see? I'm leaving...” Taeyeon replied firm before her brush off his hand from her.

“Stop it!” Jiyong said while try to stop her action again.

“What? What do you want from me again?” Taeyeon asked firm while she stares at Jiyong.

“I’m…I’m… sorry” Jiyong slowly said to apologies.

“Now you're sorry! Then, the same situation happen again, you react again to hurt me... you're saying you want a divorce... so, let's do that!” Taeyeon replied with upset.

“Dear…” Jiyong said slowly but Taeyeon stops him.

“Don’t dear me…You said you're regretting of this marriage...you even didn't trust and give me a chance to explain the situation. What kind of me if I'm still live with that man again? That men that don't have faith in me, he didn't fight to defend his marriage... even ask me to end the marriage...! I can't live with that kind of men... it's torturing me...” Taeyeon said to let out her frustration.

Jiyong keep silent after she said that. He looks at her and saw her frustration when she talked. He takes a step to get close to her while his hand touch her face gently.

However, Taeyeon fend off his hand from her.

“Don’t touch me…! You know…I'll get upset when you're leaving me before, I'm hurt when you keep avoiding me... How I suffered to bear all those things...so, let's certainly end this.” Taeyeon continue but this time, her tears flow on her cheeks slowly.

“I know… You’re hurt…I’m sorry, dear…” Jiyong continue to apologies.

Jiyong keep felt guilty when he saw and heard Taeyeon words. At the same time, he feels that hurt too inside him.

“No, Jiyong. I don’t want your sorry…From the beginning, you set the barrier between us...we're marrying, but you put it with condition... you didn't open up to me of your true feelings, Jiyong. How can I understand you more if you keep it from me? I know you have that feeling that we'll be apart, but can't you put it away just for a moment?” Taeyeon keep let out her upset when Jiyong keep apologies.

Jiyong pull Taeyeon and hugs her tightly. He’s crying on her shoulder after she said that to him. He hugged her as if he didn't want to let her go.

“I don't want anything bad to happen to you, Jiyong. I don't want you to be alone...I'll do everything just to make sure my love reach you, Jiyong. I'm happy when you're giving me the future picture... I'm happy when you said we're still together in the future.” Taeyeon continue while Jiyong hugging her.

“Please, don’t leave. Please stop it…I’m sorry…” Jiyong said while crying.

“No, Jiyong…” Taeyeon said while she released his arms around her.

Jiyong look at her with red eyes, crying and shake his head to her.

“I need to let go all of this... I don't like the love that keep has conditions with it... I don't want to waste my life like this if you keep still behave like that. I'm sorry... oppa is right... we're from different world.” Taeyeon said while staring into his eyes.

After that, she continues packing her stuff into luggage. However, this time, Jiyong stop her by kissing her lips. Jiyong pull her closer and didn't let her go. Meanwhile, Taeyeon that stunned with Jiyong sudden reaction just let him kiss her. For her, it was for the last time.

 

 

 

 

In the living room, the old lady and Jiwoong have talks together. After Taeyeon said the divorce, they know that will be happening. They know how Taeyeon determined with her decision, just like when she's agree to marry before.

“What will you do?” the old lady asked Jiwoong.

“It’s her decision… and… it’s good for them too” Jiwoong replied.

The old lady look at Jiwoong and then she asks

“You still have doubt at Jiyong?”

Jiwoong didn’t answer her while his eyes looks down.

“You know how much they're in love to each other... why we have to separate them? Or It's because you think Jiyong can't take care of her?” the old lady continue asked curiously.

“I know they love each other... I know how they can take care of each other... I have no doubt in them to stay in this marriage, but...” Jiwoong said but he stops his words for a while.

“What?” the old lady asked.

“I just don't know... I still felt that she's my little sister that I want to protect... all my life, with my works as detective... my family always... in danger. Always... so, I'm not sure if Jiyong is the right men that I should believe can protect them? Or... he's the one that bring the danger to them? I'm not sure...” Jiwoong replied with honest.

The old lady sigh after she heard that from him.

“Yeah, after all that happen, I don't blame if you think that way... I know how the feeling is when it's come to the family matter.” The old lady said with upset.

After that, no one is talking until Taeyeon comes into the living room with her luggage.

“Oppa.. let’s go” Taeyeon said.

Jiwoong and the old lady look at her. The old lady went toward Taeyeon and then she hugs her tightly.

“Thank you for all what you have done, Taeyeon. I know I can't stop your decision, but... I hope you think about this deeply. I know you two still loved each other...,” the old lady said while hugging her.

Taeyeon release the hug, and she looks at the old lady with teary eyes.

“No halmeoni… I should thank you more to let me become one of your families. Also, you're really nice woman... take care of yourself.” Taeyeon said with bitter smiles.

“You too… take care” the old lady replied and went to hugs her again.

Jiwong went to help Taeyeon with her luggage. He looks at Taeyeon and the old lady with mixed feelings.

“Anytime... if you two want my help, just ask... I hope we can still contact to each other...,”the old lady said to both of them.

“Nae, halmeoni” Jiwoong replied with smiles.

“Erm… halmeoni…” Taeyeon said with hesitated.

“Yes?” the old lady replied.

“Please look at him... I hope he can continue his dream... with your help, I know he can have better life.” Taeyeon said while she looks at upstairs.

“How was he?” the old lady asked.

“Well… I saw Dami unnie enters after I'm leaving. I hope he's fine.” Taeyeon replied with sad.

The old lady nodded.

After that, Jiwoong and Taeyeon stepped out of the bungalow with a mixed feeling.

 

 

 

 

Jiyong look Taeyeon and Jiwoong leaving the bungalow through the windows with teary. Dami that stand beside him saw her little brother sad face, asks

“If you love her, why don't you stop her?”

Jiyong stares at the car until it's disappear.

“No words can stop her anymore. She's hurt and my sorry can't heal that. For a moment, I think this is the best way for us... I can't hold her if she's felt torture to stay with me.” Jiyong replied while he wipes his tears.

Dami sigh after Jiyong said that.

“I thought after the case ended, you can have happy life...with her.” Dami said while looking outside.

Jiyong chuckles when Dami said that.

“You think I never thought like that? I always think to make her stay beside me forever.” Jiyong replied.

Dami look at him after he said that.

“… but…We're in a different world. She deserves someone better than me...” Jiyong continue while holding his emotion.

Dami went to hugs Jiyong after he said that. She knew that Jiyong is hurt. However, the situation makes them like that. Perhaps, there is something’s barrier inside them that makes them decided to getting hurt like this. Dami want to help, but she can't, because that's their responsible toward their feelings.

“So, what are you going to do now?” Dami asked after she releases the hugs.

“Well... after what just happen, you know I can't leave halmeoni alone. She's need me here. I'll continue my project with the factory and help her with that. From now, I just do what halmeoni want...” Jiyong replied.

“What about you?” Dami asked.

“Me? What?” Jiyong asked confused.

“Yes, you… what are you going to do… for yourself? Not for halmeoni… not for me… you… what actually you want to do in your life?” Dami asked curious.

Jiyong is silent while his mind thinking about his sister question.

In the end, he just reply

“I’m not sure…”

Dami shakes her head while her hand pats Jiyong shoulder softly.

“Hey, you already waste your life in jail before... then, you face another danger after out from jail... now, you're freedom. You can do whatever you want... don't you have anything to do?” Dami asked curious.

However, Jiyong just look at her without an answer.

Dami shake her head slowly before she says

“Arasso... just do what make you happy, Jiyong. If you’re wanted to go back with me... I always welcome you there...”

Jiyong smiles and then he reply

“My place is here…”

“Got it…” Dami said before she went to hugs Jiyong again.

 

 

 

 

THREE WEEKS LATER POTTERY FACTORY  

After Jiyong finish with his project presentation, all the board-meeting members are agreed to make him as their new factory director. The old lady feel happy after her intention was fulfilled. Daseung also feel happy after others successfully accepted the project.

“Thank you for all commitment. I know what I already promised to all of you before, so... this is my time to announce it officially. As Jiyong is appointed our new director, I willingly hand over this position entirely to him. I hope... everyone in here... help him and support him, same like when I became the director.” The old lady said while smiling.

All of them get up and clapping to give a proper respect to the old lady. Jiyong look at his grandmother with mixed feelings. He knew, after this, all the management will be handled by him. Even though, he's busying turn up the court to resolve his uncle and Sunhwa cases, his responsible become bigger after this. However, with all he gets, inside him, he still feels something missing.

“Congratulation! I'm happy to have this journey with you, hyung.” Suddenly Daesung whisper to him.

Jiyong look at Daesung beside him, he’s smiling at Daesung before he mouth to him thank you. Daesung nodded while smiling.

“So, next week...in conjunction with my birthday, we'll hold my retirement ceremony and announce Jiyong as our new director. I hope everyone can make it.” The old lady continues.

Suddenly, Jiyong phone is buzzing as signal incoming message. Jiyong open the message and saw it's from Jiwoong. He's saying that he's waiting for him outside the factory. Jiyong give a signal to Daesung that he needs to leave the meeting, and then he slowly walks out from the room to go meet Jiwoong.

Jiyong walks out from the building, and then he saw Jiwoong is standing be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter