the agreement

Last tear of rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

KWON BUNGALOW

 

During the dinner, the old lady keep chatting happily with her family. For the first time, all the families get to have dinner together except Sunhwa. Dami and her husband also back to visit Jiyong.

“Why I didn't see Sunhwa along the day? Where has she been?” the old lady asked curious.

Jiyong and Taeyeon looks at each other meanwhile his uncle and wife didn’t say anything.

The old lady feel suspicious after she saw their reaction.

“Did something happen when I'm gone?” the old lady asked curious.

However, no one is answering her.

“Should I ask Daesung?” she continues afterward.

Suddenly, Jiyong uncle get up from his chair and says

“Omma, I have things to do…”

Then he leave the table after said that.

The old lady look at Jiyong aunty and she can see her sad face after her husband leave.

“I know there is something is going on here but I won’t ask more… I’ll find out it by myself,” the old lady said firm.

Jiyong stare at his grandmother after she said that with mixed feelings.

“Taeyeon, come… let’s go to my room” the old lady said while she get up from her chair.

Taeyeon look at Jiyong for a while before she nodded to answer the old lady.

“Halmeoni, don’t you want me to come too?” Jiyong asked.

“Nope… I just want to talk with Taeyeon” the old lady replied before she leave the area with Taeyeon.

“Why don’t you tell her the truth?” suddenly Jiyong aunty asked after both of them leave.

Jiyong stares at her before he answer

“I don't want to hurt her”

“So, it’s okay for you to hurt us?” she asked firm.

Jiyong didn’t replied her afterward.

Dami look at them with curious but she can feel the tense between them with their stares at each other.

“Let’s go get some rest…” Dami said whispering to her husband.

However, before Dami and her husband leave, their aunty says

“I really hate you two... I hope you two didn't exist again in my family. What have you done to my daughter and my husband... I won't forgive that...”

Then, she leaves the area with anger and hatred. Jiyong and Dami look at each other without saying anything.

 

 

 

 

“Come on, tell me the truth…” the old lady asked after both of them in the room.

“Halmeoni…” Taeyeon said with uneasy.

“As my lawyer… tells me,” the old lady said firm.

Taeyeon hesitated for a while before she went to the old lady and hold her hands.

“Okay, I will tell you but…don’t be hurt by this…, please…” Taeyeon said with worried.

The old lady stare at her and nodded.

“Sunhwa arrested by the police, she was suspected of being involved in my previous robbed.” Taeyeon said clearly.

The old lady stunned but she managed to control her emotion. She went to seat on the bed, frown.

“Halmeoni, are you okay?” Taeyeon asked with worried.

She nodded before she says

“Tell me more”

Taeyeon hesitated after she saw her expressions.

“Tell me! I want to know everything…” the old lady said insisted.

Taeyeon sigh slowly before her seat beside the old lady and tell her everything that happen when she gone.

“I’m sorry, halmeoni…I promise I’ll help her,” Taeyeon said after she done with her story.

The old lady shake her head slowly and then look at Taeyeon.

“You really take care of Jiyong, huh?” the old lady asked.

Taeyeon smiles and nodded.

“I already promised you…” Taeyeon replied with smiles.

“I'm sorry, what have you been gone through... Sunhwa... I don't understand what she's thinking... but, it's sad to see my family like this...,” the old lady said with sad.

“Halmeoni, it’s not your fault.” Taeyeon replied while hugging her shoulder.

“So… how’s you and Jiyong? Everything is fine?” she asked curious.

Taeyeon smiles and nodded to answer her.

“I’m glad…at least, you two give me good news...,” the old lady said with happy.

“He's getting openly even its takes time for me to persuade... but, I hope he can be honest and trust me more.” Taeyeon said with smiles.

“You're done a lot, Taeyeon. My family owes you so much...” the old lady replied while holding Taeyeon hands.

“Halmeoni, this is my family too,” Taeyeon said.

After that, they hear someone knocking the door and saw Jiyong presence from the door.

“Did I interrupt?” Jiyong asked.

“No, come in” the old lady said while signal him to enter the room.

Jiyong smiles while approaching them.

“What did you two is talking about?” Jiyong asked before he seated the other side of the old lady.

“Gossiping about you...” Taeyeon said teasingly.

Jiyong narrow his eyes when Taeyeon said that.

“Halmeoni, you should get a rest… not seat here and gossiping…” Jiyong said.

“Arasso… I just want to talk with my lawyer,” the old lady said jokingly.

“Your lawyer? But she’s my wife…” Jiyong replied.

“Hey, that stills the same person...” Taeyeon interrupt.

All of them are laughing afterward.

“Let’s go… let halmeoni rest,” Jiyong said.

“Nae…” Taeyeon replied while get up.

“Oh Jiyong… tomorrow is your omma commemoration, did you remember?” the old lady asked.

Jiyong nodded slowly while Taeyeon look at him.

“So, we can go together… to her tomb” the old lady continue.

However, Jiyong just smiles without answering her.

“Night, halmeoni” Jiyong said before he pulls Taeyeon hand and both of them leave the room together.

Taeyeon still silent, but her eyes stuck on Jiyong face. Both of them are walking toward the room without saying anything.

 

 

 

 

Inside the room, Taeyeon stop Jiyong while facing him. Jiyong frown, but he's smiling when Taeyeon put her arms around his neck.

“What do you want?” Jiyong asked smiling while his hands hug her waist.

“Why you didn't tell me about that commemoration?” Taeyeon asked while stares into his eyes.

Jiyong stares at her deeply after she asked that.

However, he didn't answer her. Jiyong lean his head toward her before he kisses her lips.

“Don't you have anything to say?” Taeyeon asked after she broke the kiss.

Jiyong continue his stare without answering her. Then, he lifts Taeyeon and carries her to lay her on the bed.

Taeyeon startled with Jiyong behavior but she keep insist asking him.

“Jiyong, what’s going on?” Taeyeon asked while her hands touch his face gently.

Jiyong sigh before he's laying beside her, his eyes looking at the ceiling blankly. Taeyeon feel uneasy to see her husband behave like that. She closed herself toward him, and then cuddles him to make sure his comfortable. Jiyong turn to look at her when she's do that. Yet, still no words come from his mouth. Jiyong kiss Taeyeon forehead gently, as if he's trying to find comfort from her.

“Let me know if you want to share it... I know it's still hurt you but...  you still have to face it...” Taeyeon said whispering.

Jiyong look at her after she said that. Then, he turns his body to face her while his hand caress Taeyeon cheek softly.

“I never see her grave after out from the jail.” Jiyong said while looking at Taeyeon.

“…Why? Because you still feel guilty?” Taeyeon asked curious.

Jiyong sigh deeply afterward.

“I don't know how to face her anymore... after what I've done...” Jiyong replied while his eyes get teary.

Taeyeon move her hand from his waist to his face. She stares into his eyes and says

“Don't blame yourself... it's already a few years, and you should forgive yourself.”

“You think I deserve that?” Jiyong asked sadly.

Taeyeon nodded.

“Yes, you're deserved to get the chance. It's time for you to move on from the past.” Taeyeon replied to comfort him.

“I'm not sure if I'm strong enough to go there again...” Jiyong said with uneasy.

“Don't worry. You can hold it. Besides, I will go there with you... to introduce myself to her...” Taeyeon replied with smiles.

Jiyong smiles with bitter after Taeyeon said that. Then, he went into Taeyeon arms and slowly whisper to her.

“Don't leave me...” Jiyong whisper slowly but still can be hear by Taeyeon.

“I won’t…” Taeyeon replied with smiles.

 

 

 

 

NEXT DAY AT CEMETERY

 

After Jiyong give respect to his late mother, he kept his eyes on the tomb without saying anything. The old lady and Taeyeon look at each other and the old lady signal her to do something. Taeyeon nodded before she took a step and stand beside Jiyong.

“Hi, eomeoni... I'm Kim Taeyeon. Jiyong wife's.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter