close but not too close

Last tear of rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

BUSAN HOSPITAL

 

“Hey, what actually happen?” Mrs. Kim asked with worried.

“Actually, I also don’t remember…” Taeyeon replied.

Suddenly, Jiwoong notice Jiyong presence. He looks at him and saw blood on his shirt.

“Why are you here? Who’s blood on your shirt?” Jiwoong asked with firm.

Jiyong hesitated to answer him after he saw Jiwoong firm face.

“Didn’t I ask you to stay at home?” Jiwoong asked again furiously.

Mrs. Kim and Hayeon look at them with confused.

“I call him to join us” suddenly Taeyeon said to backup Jiyong.

Mrs. Kim and Hayeon look at Taeyeon after she said that.

“Didn’t you mention before…” Hayeon said but Taeyeon interrupt her.

“Yah…he’s going to stay with us, right? So, we’re decided to be friend with him. That’s why I ask him to join us” Taeyeon said try to protect Jiyong.

Jiwoong stares at Jiyong with suspicious eyes after Taeyeon said that.

“It’s that true?” Jiwoong asked with suspicious.

Jiyong nodded.

Then, the doctor comes to visit Taeyeon.

“Miss Kim… are you okay now?” the doctor asked.

“Yes, doctor. I’m fine.” Taeyeon replied.

“Did your head hurt? You feel to vomit?” the doctor continues to check her.

“No…no… I’m fine,” Taeyeon replied.

“Are you sure?” Mrs. Kim asked worried.

“Nae…” Taeyeon replied.

“Okay… I’ll check you again before we can let you leave. Next time, please be careful” the doctor said.

“Thank you, doctor” Taeyeon replied.

“Hey, young man… what are you doing standing there? Look… your wound still bleeding. Come, let me change it for you...,” the doctor said when he saw Jiyong.

“Omo, Jiyong… you bleeding…” Mrs. Kim said after she saw Jiyong blood.

“I’m fine, imo.” Jiyong replied.

“You go… I’ll ask you about this later,” Jiwoong said afterward.

“Nae… I’ll go. Take rest…” Jiyong said to Taeyeon before he leaves the area.

Jiwoong keep stares at him with firm. Meanwhile, Haeyeon look at the scene and try to understand the situation. However, only Mrs. Kim notices what actually happen there. She looks at her daughter face, and then she's smiling.

 

 

 

 

Jiwoong went to the police officer that in charge Taeyeon case. He read the testimony that Jiyong and Wooyoung give to the police.

“This is what they said?” Jiwoong asked curiously.

The office nodded.

“Thank you” Jiwoong said before went back to the ward.

However, in the middle way, he saw Jiyong walking out from the doctor room. He went to approach to him.

“Come…” Jiwoong said while pull his arm toward the exit door.

Jiyong follow him without saying anything. After they enter the exit area, Jiwoong stares at him with firm before he pushes him toward the wall.

“Who did that to her?” Jiwoong asked firmly.

“I don’t know” Jiyong replied while shake his head.

“Don’t lie! Tell me how this happen? Why are you there?” Jiwoong asked with furious.

Jiyong look at Jiwoong with mixed feelings.

“You can read my testimony” Jiyong replied try to avoid answering him.

“I want to hear it from you,” Jiwoong said with firm.

Jiyong hesitated for a while before he tells everything that happens to Taeyeon.

“I’ll punish the one done that to my sister...if something happens to her… they dead. Including you…so… make sure they’re not related to you, understand?” Jiwoong said to warn Jiyong.

“Yes” Jiyong replied while nodded.

“Tomorrow, we should leave here” suddenly Jiwoong said.

Jiyong stunned when Jiwoong mention that.

“We find you another place… you’re not suitable here” Jiwoong continue.

“Got it” Jiyong replied shortly.

“Let’s go home” Jiwoong said and then leave the area.

Jiyong look at him while follow him from behind.

 

 

 

 

 

ELDERCARE HOUSE

 

Mrs. Kim continues blabbering to them after what just happened. She's feel worry after that night incident.

“Please… no more night life or so whatever in one month…” Mrs. Kim said with firm.

“Imo…” Tiffany try to said something but Mrs. Kim interrupt her

“Nope! Or should I tell your family for what happen tonight?” Mrs. Kim asked to warn.

Tiffany pouts after she said that.

“Omma, that’s not their fault…” Taeyeon said to defend her friends.

“Oh, really? So who’s fault?” Mrs. Kim asked firm.

No one is answering her afterward.

“Omma… it’s getting late. Let them get some rest… besides, this will be a lesson for them” Jiwoong suddenly said.

Taeyeon and her friends look at Jiwoong after he said that. They’re smiling toward him after he said that.

“But my decision is final. No more night-life in one month” Mrs. Kim said with firm.

“Arasso…” Taeyeon and Tiffany replied at the same time.

“Imo, I think I should go… it’s already late,” Wooyoung suddenly said after silent for a while.

“Nae… thank you for tonight,” Mrs. Kim said.

“Don’t say that… I feel guilty for not taking care of them…” Wooyoung said with guilt.

“Yah! It’s not your fault…” Taeyeon said to comfort him.

Wooyoung smiles awkwardly before he turns to look at Jiyong.

“Night. See you tomorrow,” Wooyoung said before he left the house.

“I think I should get some sleep too…” Yuri said before she went to her room.

Tiffany also agree with Yuri and then she’s follow her to go to her room. In the end, only Jiyong and Kim's family left.

“Jiyong, you should get some rest too. I think, you don’t have to work for tomorrow…” Mrs. Kim said.

Jiyong nodded with smiles.

“Omma, you don't have to worry about him. Jiyong will be leaving tomorrow.” Suddenly Jiwoong said.

Taeyeon turn her eyes to look at Jiyong after she hears that.

“Leaving? Why?” Mrs. Kim asked surprised.

“Oppa, will you go too?” Hayeon asked curiously.

“Well… I’ll be back after I finish my works,” Jiwoong replied hesitated.

Jiyong just look down when Jiwoong saying that. He can’t face them after Jiwoong said that, especially, Taeyeon.

“When?” Hayeon asked.

“Hurmm…I’m not sure…” Jiwoong replied.

After he said that, Hayeon went to her room without saying anything. Mrs. Kim and Taeyeon looks at each other before Taeyeon asks

“You have to leave now?”

“Sorry” Jiwoong replied shortly.

“Arasso…just finish your work…” Mrs. Kim said with sad.

Jiwoong look at his mother with mixed feelings. He knew that his family is sad, but he had to done that after what just happen to Taeyeon. He didn't want his family to get hurt more. Besides, he knew, if Jiyong keep staying there, the chance to get his family in trouble are risen.

 

 

 

 

NEXT DAY BUSAN POLICE STATION

 

“You wait here,” Jiwoong said before he leaves Jiyong inside the visitor room.

After that, Jiwoong went to meet his coworker, Youngkwang.

“Did you bring them?” Jiwoong asked him.

He nodded before he open the door and then signal to someone inside the room. After that, Jiwoong saw two men with scars on his face from yesterday's fight.

“Go in” Jiwoong said after he open the door.

The two of them enter the room without saying anything. Jiwoong point to them someone through the glass window in front of them.

“Did you see him before?”Jiwoong asked firm.

Both of them look and then saw Jiyong is sitting in there alone.

Two of them nodded.

“When?” Jiwoong asked.

“Last night” one of them is answering.

“What he’s doing there?” Jiwoong asked.

They look at each other before one of them says

“He's the one save the girl from us”

Jiwoong startled after he hear that.

“What he did?” Jiwoong asked curiously.

Both of them point to their scar on the face and bruises on the body because of being hit. Jiwoong look at them with suspicious and then he turns to look at Jiyong through the glass.

“Did you know him before?” Jiwoong asked curiously.

Both of them shake their head to answer him. After that, Jiwoong signal Youngkwang to bring them out from the room. Jiwoong keep staring at Jiyong through the glass. At that moment, he feels ease that Jiyong is not related to them. Also, he's the one that protect Taeyeon from molest. Jiwoong feel guilty after he kept blame Jiyong for every trouble happen before.

“Ah… Jiyong…” Jiwoong sigh.

 

 

 

 

ELDERCARE HOUSE

 

“Taeyeon…!” Mrs. Kim shouts from upstairs.

Taeyeon rashly went to find Mrs. Kim after she heard her shout.

“What? What happen?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

Mrs. Kim looks at her with worried face.

“Why?” Taeyeon asked with confused.

After that, Mrs. Kim give Taeyeon a note in her hand. Taeyeon take it and read the note.

 

~ Don't look for me. I'm leaving - Hayeon~

 

Short and simple words from the note make Taeyeon feel uneasy. She's take her phone and try to call Hayeon. However, the call went into voicemail.

“Why she’s doing this?” Taeyeon mutter while keep-calling Hayeon.

Mrs. Kim looks at Taeyeon before she slowly says

“I think she mad…”

“Why?” Taeyeon asked confused.

“You know she's really close with Jiwoong. You can se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter