tragedy struck

Last tear of rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

LONDON HOSPITAL  

“Your progress is positive, I hope you can maintain it,” the doctor said after checkup the old lady.

“I’m glad to hear that” Dami replied with smiles.

“So… can I ask you something, doctor?” suddenly the old lady asked.

“Sure” the doctor replied.

“Can I fly back to Korea? I miss my family there...” the old lady asked.

The doctor hesitated for a while after she asked.

“Halmeoni, can we wait until you really healthy?” Dami said afterward.

The old lady pursed her lips sadly.

The doctor smiles when he saw the reaction.

“I think you can go back but... when you're there, you have to do the regular check up. I'll ask the hospital and update your condition from here. Can you promise me that?” the doctor asked.

“Yeah, sure!” the old lady replied happily.

Dami shake her head after she saw her grandmother happy face.

“Okay, I’ll inform the hospital about this” the doctor said before he leave the ward.

“Halmeoni, are you sure you okay with this?” Dami asked concern.

“I’m fine. Besides, I feel something is happening…” the old lady replied.

“What is that?” Dami asked while frown.

“I don’t know…Oh, can you call Mr. Park? I have something to ask from him,” the old lady said.

“Arasso…” Dami replied before she went to find Mr. Park.

Moment later, Mr. Park come to meet the old lady.

“Did you call me?” Mr. Park asked.

“Yes… I think we can go back to Korea for few weeks. So, get ready” the old lady replied.

“Is it?” Mr. Park asked with happy.

The old lady saw his happy face before she asks

“You happy to go back, huh?”

“Delighted” he replied with smiles.

“So, go get ready…by the way, about the souvenirs that I ask before... did you already get it?” she asked.

Mr. Park nodded.

“Good, we can take bring it with us” the old lady replied with happy.

“Is anything you want me to do?” he asked.

The old lady silent for a while before she says

“Could you email the shareholder and let them know about us coming back? I need to meet them before the board meeting.”

“Arasso… what do you want to do?” Mr. Park asked curious.

“I need to take drastic action to save my family.” The old lady replied with firm.

Mr. Park looks at the old lady with mixed feeling after she said that.

 

 

 

 

KWON BUNGALOW

 

Jiyong open his eyes after he heard someone whining. Then, he noticed it's come from Taeyeon. He saw Taeyeon frowning like she had a bad dream. Jiyong slowly touch Taeyeon face while saying

“Dear, are you okay?”

However, Taeyeon continue to whine and mutter something unclear to hear by Jiyong. Jiyong feel worried to see his wife behave like that. He then moves her body to awake her. Suddenly, Taeyeon push aside his hand before she open her eyes with shocked.

Jiyong saw Taeyeon breathing fast after she's awake.

“Hey, Taeyeon?” Jiyong call her.

Taeyeon look at Jiyong with confused.

“Do you have nightmares?” Jiyong asked while his hand touches her face gently.

Taeyeon take a deep breath before she rubs her face slowly.

“Did I make you awake?” Taeyeon asked with guilty.

Jiyong nodded.

“Sorry…” Taeyeon continue while she’s continue rubs her face.

“No… it’s okay. Are you okay?” Jiyong asked worried.

“I'm sorry, lately I'm feeling depressed ... and often having nightmares.” Taeyeon replied.

Jiyong look at his wife with worried before he says

“You want water?”

However, before Taeyeon answer him, he already has the water from the side table. He gave the glass to her. Taeyeon get up from her lay before take the glass from Jiyong. She sips the water slowly to calm down herself. Jiyong Taeyeon hair softly and says

“I’m here… don’t worry”

After finish the water, Taeyeon get back lay while Jiyong next to her trying to calm her down by patting Taeyeon's shoulder gently.

“Go to sleep... I'll be here...” Jiyong said softly before he went to kiss her forehead.

Taeyeon keep stares at him without saying anything.

“What?” Jiyong asked when he saw Taeyeon keep looking at him.

“Promise me that you won't do anything to make you're in trouble...” suddenly Taeyeon said.

“What are you saying?” Jiyong asked confused.

“Please… promise me…” Taeyeon said with uneasy.

Jiyong look at her before he nodded slowly.

Taeyeon continue to stare at him to make sure his sincere with that answer.

Anyhow, Jiyong feel uneasy with her stare. He then pulls her into his embrace before he slowly says

“Don't worry, okay?”

Taeyeon closed her eyes after Jiyong said that. She moves her hand to hug Jiyong waist afterward. Jiyong kiss her forehead again to comfort her. Although at the same time, Jiyong feel mixed feelings with Taeyeon words. Seeing his wife like that make Jiyong worried. He can see her trauma from the robbery still there, but he can't do anything about it. Besides, his guilty to let her enter his family and let her faced dangerous make Jiyong feels terrible for do nothing.

 

 

 

 

NEXT DAY POTTERY FACTORY

 

Jiyong keep take a glance at Taeyeon several times until Taeyeon realized it. She lift her eyebrows while look at him.

“What's wrong?” Taeyeon asked curious.

Jiyong shake his head to answer her.

“Then, why you keep take a glance at me?” Taeyeon asked.

“Did I?” he asked.

Taeyeon narrow her eyes when Jiyong said that.

“Don't disturb me. I have a lot of works here...” Taeyeon said.

“What? I did nothing...” Jiyong replied to defend himself.

Taeyeon rolling her eyes when Jiyong said that. Then, she’s continued focus on her works and try to ignore Jiyong.

Jiyong smiles teasingly before he raised his chin as he watched Taeyeon face silently.

Suddenly, Jiyong phone is ringing. He saw Jiwoong numbers appear. He looks at Taeyeon then he gets up and walks out from the office before pick up the call. Taeyeon look at him with suspicious when Jiyong didn't answer the phone in front of her.

“Yes?” Jiyong said after pick up the call.

“Meet me, I'm waiting for you in front of the factory.” Jiwoong said.

“Arasso…” Jiyong replied before ended the call.

After that, he walks out from the building to find Jiwoong.

Taeyeon that saw him through the window feel curious where he is going. She then decided to follow him afterward.

In front of the factory, Jiyong look around until he saw Jiwoong car. Jiyong walks toward the car before he knocks the car window. Jiwoong signal him to enter the car. After Jiyong seat on passenger seat, Jiwoong asks

“Did she know?”

Jiyong shake his head to answer him.

“Good… I'm here wanted to ask you about your cousin.” Jiwoong said with serious.

Jiyong silent while waiting for Jiwoong continue his words.

“Here the testimony that I got after investigate your accident before. At that moment, I'm not sure about it, but after what just she's done, I want to ask again. Did you meet or know her before the accident?” Jiwoong asked curious.

Jiyong read the testimony with mixed feeling before he says

“I swear, I didn't know about her before until halmeoni took me into the bungalow. Except...”

“Except?” Jiwoong asked curious.

Jiyong hesitated for a while before he continue says

“Samchon… as I remember... I meet him at the bar before the accident. But at that time, he never told me about halmeoni or our relation...”

Jiwoong is silent for a while after Jiyong said that.

“You think both of them are related with the accident?” Jiyong suddenly asked curious.

“I'm not sure, but the evidence went to them.” Jiwoong replied.

Jiyong look at Jiwoong and then he suddenly asks

“Why you still investigate this case?”

Jiwoong look at Jiyong with mixed feeling after he asked that.

“Do you still feel guilty after what happen?” Jiyong asked curious.

“Does it matter?” Jiwoong asked firm before he took back the testimony from Jiyong.

“It's matter to me” Jiyong replied firm.

Jiwoong look at him and then he asks

“Because of Taeyeon?”

Jiyong didn’t answer him afterward.

“Should I tell her the truth?” Jiwoong continue asked.

“You should have closed this case after the incident where you were shot.” Jiyong replied.

“Why? Don't you want to know who did that to you? Don't you want to make them responsible for their actions? It's fair for you to stay in jail for things you don't do?” Jiwoong asked firm.

“Yes, I admit I want to know and put them into the jail... but by telling Taeyeon the truth... what will she think? I don't want to hurt her again...” Jiyong replied.

Jiwoong look at Jiyong with uneasy.

“Listen... I don't know how long we can keep it secret from her... but if she's find out the truth, it's her choice to decide. Besides, I hope she chose a better way for her life.” Jiwoong said.

“Don't worry. I'll make sure she's will get a better life... even without me.” Jiyong replied.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter