the stranger

Last tear of rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

THREE YEAR BEFORE CEMETERY

 

Jiyong standing beside the grave silently whiles his eyes already in tears. His sister, Dami that standing beside him already cries all out while her husband hugs her. Jiyong looks at the grave with guilt feelings, but then he saw his father, Mr. Kwon staring at him with furious.

“Omma…” Dami said while crying.

“Shuh… I’m here…” Dami husband said to comfort her.

“Jiyong…omma is gone… she’s gone forever…” Dami said while she went to hug Jiyong.

Jiyong statue himself without replying to his sister. At that moment, he had no words to say, and his mind is totally keep remembering the accident.

“Dami… Jiyong… come let’s go home” Dami husband said to them.

After that, they walk away from the cemetery together. However, on the way of that, suddenly two police officers come to approach Jiyong.

“Mr. Kwon Jiyong?” the police asked.

Jiyong nodded.

“You're under arrest for cause death in an accident,” the police said.

“WHAT? No, you can’t arrest him… his not guilty” Dami replied with shocked.

“You can prove that at the station, but now we have to take him,” the police said while his coworker handcuffs Jiyong hands.

Jiyong just keep silent while his steps following the police officers.

 

 

 

 

SEOUL POLICE STATION

 

Jiyong was left alone in the interrogation room for an hour. After that, an officer came into the room carrying a file.

“Kwon Jiyong, right?” the officer asked.

Jiyong stares at him and nodded.

“Ten cases with illegal racing... twelve cases fights in public places... half of that cause severe injuries. Hurm... not bad, huh?” the officer read the details from the file.

Jiyong continues stares at him without saying anything.

“So…let me get to the point here. You're in big...big... trouble here, man. With this record... and now... you are accused of causing your omma death. What are you going to do?” the officer asked curiously.

Jiyong just keeps himself silent while his eyes keep staring at the officer.

“Hey, speak up! Defend yourself!” the officer shouts after Jiyong didn’t respond him.

Suddenly, someone enter the room and whisper something to the officer.

“Okay…” the officer replied before he gets up from the seat.

Jiyong continues looking at them while frowning his eyebrows.

“Your lawyer is here. But listen… make sure you can prove yourself innocent or... I have no choice unless you go to jail. Think about that deeply...” the officer, said before he left the room with unsatisfied feeling.

 

 

 

 

THREE DAYS LATER SEOUL POLICE STATION

 

Jiyong enters the visitor room after they said he had a visitor. He saw his father, Mr. Kwon is sitting while waiting for him. Jiyong feels uneasy after he saw Mr. Kwon come to visit him. He slowly takes his seat in front of him while his head keep looking down. Mr. Kwon looks at his son with angry. After his wife died, he feels more upset when she's died because of his son. Before that, his relation with Jiyong also not so good but his wife is a reason for him to keep patient with Jiyong behavior. Now, he can't resist anymore.

“I hope this is my last to see you. After what you did... you know I can't forgive you. She is my wife! Why you have to do that? Why you have to make her died like this? WHY?” Mr. Kwon shouts at Jiyong.

Jiyong just lower his head while holding his tears from coming out. Mr. Kwon tears start to flow on his cheeks afterward.

“You're not my son anymore. I don't have a son just like you. I don't care what people say... from now, you're not welcome to the family. Furthermore, I don't care if you're guilty or not... don't show up in front of me anymore.” Mr. Kwon said with furiously angry.

Jiyong keeps his head lower but his tears already flow after Mr. Kwon said that to him.

After that, Mr. Kwon gets up from the chair but before that, he says

“After this, don't you ever come to ask my help...also, I won't object if Dami still want to meet you.”

After Mr. Kwon leaves the room, Jiyong cries all out until he feels hurt in his chest.

 

 

 

 

A WEEK LATER LAW COURT

 

“After hearing arguments and evidence from the police, the accused admitted his guilt. Therefore, the court sentenced him to five years in prison without any bail.” the judge read the decision made before the case is closed.

Jiyong just keeps his head lower after the judge words. Dami and her husband cry after the judge said that. At that moment, Dami feel upset when Jiyong admit all the accused. Even thought, their mother died is related to Jiyong, but she knew he is not guilty.

Dami and her husband saw Jiyong taken out from the court with two police officers. She's crying when she saw Jiyong leave the court.

“Let’s go” her husband said softly.

“I need to see him…” Dami replied.

“Arasso…but not today” her husband said.

After that, both of them leave the court and then went to the home.

 

 

 

 

SEOUL POLICE STATION

 

“Are you sure this is the best way for you?” Police Head Chief asked.

“Yes, sir!” Jiwoong, one of the police officer replied to him.

“…but… you know it’s not your fault, aren’t you?” the head chief asked.

“No, sir. It was my mistake. I shouldn’t let this go,” Jiwoong replied with guilty.

“Okay… I understand but…please don’t blame yourself,” the head chief said.

Jiwoong didn’t respond him afterward.

On that time, Jiwoong feel uneasy and guilty after the accident case closed. More surprising is when defendant accept all the accused toward him. He felt more uneasy when he's there at the incident, but he can't say anything about that. In the end, he decided to transfer to another branch and demoted.

“Jiwoong? You hear me?” the head chief asked.

“Yes, sir!” Jiwoong replied.

“Good, I hope to have you back here” the head chief said.

Jiwoong smiles and give him salute before he left the office.

 

 

 

 

VISITOR ROOM

 

Dami wait for Jiyong patiently in that room. Few minutes later, she saw Jiyong enter the room with miserable face. Dami get up from her seat and says

“Jiyong…”

Jiyong startled after he saw Dami. He avoids his eyes from looking at his sister. Dami noticed it and she start to feel sad.

“Jiyong… are you okay?” Dami asked concern.

Jiyong nodded to answer her. He then pulls the chair and seat in front of her with silent.

“Hey, Jiyong… look at me” Dami said softly.

However, Jiyong didn’t listen to her. He keep looks down while try hard to hide his feelings.

Dami tears flow on her cheeks after that.

“I know you are innocent, Jiyong. Why you have to admit it?” Dami asked curiously.

Jiyong hesitated for a while before he slowly says

“Omma… I owe her…”

Dami cry after she hears that from Jiyong.

“This is my way to mended for my sin to her…” Jiyong continue say while crying.

Dami wipe her tears and then she says

“You’re wrong, Jiyong. By sacrificed like this? It's not worth...”

“It’s worth for omma…” Jiyong replied sadly.

Dami didn’t replied him afterward. She look at Jiyong with sad and no words from her anymore.

“If that you really want then… it’s up to you…” Dami said.

After that, she gets up from her seat.

“Everyone is upset...and takes time to heal... if this is the way you take to cover your sad, I don't think it's a good idea. By the way, I'm here to tell you... me and my husband will be leaving for America tomorrow. So, I won't visit you here for a while. Take care.” Dami said before she left the room.

Jiyong look at Dami when she leaves but at the same time, he feels lonely.

 

 

AFTER THREE YEAR   BUSAN ELDERCARE HOME

 

Mrs. Kim is seat in her office while reviewing the account book for the eldercare home. After her husband pass away, Mrs. Kim become an eldercare homeowner and responsible to manage all the expenses in that home. Lucky her, she had her daughters, Taeyeon and Hayeon, to help her. Besides, her lovely niece, Tiffany also is there to help her. Other than that, the eldercare home also hires three other people as maids.

“Still not enough... what should I do?” Mrs. Kim mutters while looking at the numbers in the account books.

Suddenly, someone knock the door and call her.

“Omma!” Taeyeon, Mrs. Kim daughter call her from the door.

“Yes?” Mrs. Kim replied.

“I want to go out to buy some groceries with Fany. You want anything?” Taeyeon asked.

“Oh, no. Just go… but make sure, don’t over the budget” Mrs. Kim replied.

“Arasso…” Taeyeon said with smiles before she shut the door.

Mrs. Kim sigh slowly while rub her face.

 

 

 

Tiffany opens the car door while carrying the bag. Suddenly, someone approach her and ask

“Where are you going?”

“Shopping” Tiffany replied shortly.

After that, Taeyeon come toward the car and says

“Hey, Wooyoung! Did you finish with the garden at the back?”

Wooyoung smiles and nodded to answer her.

“Cool, see you later” Taeyeon said before she enter the car.

After that, the car leaves the area but Wooyoung still standing there and smiles.

“Ah… Kim Taeyeon… such beautiful girl” Wooyoung mutter slowly.

Wooyoung, is a gardener at the eldercare home and Taeyeon childhood friend. He has been working there for several years to help Mrs. Kim but at the same time, he just wanted to get near with his crush, Taeyeon.

 

 

 

GROCERY STORE

 

“Why you have to treat him nicely if you don't love him?” Tiffany asked while she pushes the trolley.

“Hey, his my friend. I know Wooyoung it's been a long time ago... so, why I can't treat him nicely?” Taeyeon asked confused while she takes some potatoes.

“Yeah… you can think like that… but not him. You know he’s into you?” Tiffany asked.

Taeyeon chuckles while shakes her head.

“Now she’s laughing…” Tiffany said after Taeyeon just laugh at her words.

“Okay, sorry. But, you don’t have to worry. There is nothing between us. Besides... I can't have that kind of feelings on him... I just feel... his as my brother.” Taeyeon replied slowly.

Tiffany looks at Taeyeon before she ask

“Did you still blame Jiwoong oppa for leaving?”

Taeyeon is silent after she hears that from Tiffany. She looks at the vegetable in front of her without respond to her.

“Sorry…” Tiffany said after Taeyeon didn’t answer her.

Taeyeon force her smiles before turn to look at Tiffany.

“You don’t have to…We know he too much love for his work over his family. It's his choice...” Taeyeon replied try to hide her upset.

Tiffany smiles and then she says

“Okay… let’s continue shopping here…”

Tiffany pushes the trolley while Taeyeon continue take the stuff for the eldercare home.

 

 

 

ELDERCARE HOME

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany bring all the groceries shopping into the kitchen after coming back from the store.

“Yuri, here all the stuff that you need” Tiffany said.

“Thank you, you two~” Yuri, the chef of eldercare home replied with smiles.

“So, what can we have for the lunch?” Taeyeon asked while smiling.

“Of course, rice with chicken soup” Yuri replied while she looking into the grocery bag.

“KIM TAEYEON!” suddenly Mrs. Kim shout Taeyeon name while entering the kitchen.

All of them startled after hear that.

“What is this? Can you explain to me?” Mrs. Kim asked firmly while holding an envelope.

Taeyeon look at Tiffany and Yuri before she went to take the envelope from her mother.

After she read the letter, she sighs slow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter