fate or coincidence

Last tear of rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Omma, what are you doing? How come his is your grandson?” her son asked firm.

The old lady look at him before she asks

“Didn't you already know about him? Why you act as if you don't know him?”

His wife looks at him with surprised.

“Omma, are you really sure he’s your grandson?” her son continue asked.

“I’m very sure and no doubt about it” the old lady replied.

“Halmeoni, why you want him to work with you? Don’t you trust me and appa?” Sunhwa asked.

The old lady chuckles before she says

“This is not about trust, I just want to spend more time with him after losing it before.”

Sunhwa look at her grandmother and then she asks

“Where actually did you found him?”

“I’ll tell you during the dinner. Now, I want to get some rest…” the old lady said before she went to her room.

“Yah! You know about that guy?” his wife asked after the old lady leave.

However, his husband didn’t answer her.

“I should do something,” he mutters slowly.

After that, he went out from the bungalow without saying anything.

“Omma, what’s wrong with appa?” Sunhwa asked.

“I hope he's not planning something stupid,” her mother replied with worried.

 

 

 

 

Jiyong enters his room with mixed feelings. He looks around and notices his room huge with balcony, the mountain scenery from the windows. It's really perfect for him. After that, Jiyong unpack his stuff from the bag. After that, he lay on the bed while open his phone. Jiyong open the gallery, and then he stares at Taeyeon collection picture he snap before. Jiyong smiles after he saw her pictures. Every time he's missed her, Jiyoong will stare at the picture. For him, besides the watch he got for his birthday, Taeyeon picture's also can make him happy.

“What are you doing now?” Jiyong mutter slowly.

Suddenly, his phone is ringing. Jiyong saw Daesung number before he pickup the call.

“Hello” Jiyong greet.

“How’s the bungalow?” Daesung asked.

“Superb” Jiyong replied shortly.

“Wanna hang out tonight?” Daesung asked.

“Hurm… I don’t think so. Besides, halmeoni want to have dinner together” Jiyong replied.

“Arasso… let me know if you need anything,” Daesung said before they ended the call.

After the incident, Daesung feels him owe Jiyong for save him that night. That's why after discharge, Daesung decided to find Jiyong and keep stay beside him afterward. After the gang disbands, Daesung have no one except Jiyong. He also went to volunteer at orphan home with Jiyong, and now they become close friend. Jiyong still under police protection, but this time Ah-in doesn't have to follow him anymore. With Daesung beside Jiyong, the police will take care of him from a far. However, Jiyong still need to wear the GPS tracker on his just to make sure he can be reach anytime if he's in danger.

In two months, he didn't get any news from Taeyeon and her family. Before this, he knew Jiwoong comes to the orphan, but he didn't even go to meet him. At first, he does feel upset, but after the incident, he can't blame Jiwoong for avoiding him.

“I miss you, Kim Taeyeon” Jiyong mutter while stares at her picture.

 

 

 

 

 

During the dinner, the old lady keep chatting happily with Jiyong while the others just listen silently. Suddenly, Jiyong uncle interrupt them and asks

“Why do you get into jail?”

The old lady and Jiyong look at him with uneasy after he asked that.

Jiyong hesitated for a while before he says

“Just misunderstood”

“Oh really? Then why no one try to get you out from there?” he asked curious.

Jiyong smiles before he slowly says

“I'm the one that decided to stay in there...at that time, I just felt guilty toward my late omma...”

The old lady look at him with sad.

“You’re insane… young man like you should live happily with big dream” suddenly his aunty said.

Jiyong smiles without saying anything.

“At least, right now… you can start over. Meet good people and continue your life,” Sunhwa said with smiles.

Jiyong nodded.

“Yes! That’s why I want him to stay here with us. We’re family now and we take care each other,” the old lady said.

“Thank you, halmeoni… thank you everyone… for accepting me here,” Jiyong said with mixed feelings.

However, his uncle just stares at him with uneasy. Jiyong notice about it but he just pretend he didn’t see it. Then, all of them continue eating the dinner while chatting.

 

 

 

 

TWO YEARS LATER JEONJU LAW FIRM  

“Sunbae, are you sure you want me to attend this event?” Taeyeon asked with uneasy.

“Yeah… this is your chance to get more clients out there” Seunghyun replied with smiles.

“But…” Taeyeon said with hesitated.

“Trust me… I know you can do this…it's already a year you become the lawyer, so prove it that you're the great lawyer” Seunghyun said try to give her support.

Taeyeon nodded with smiles after he said that.

A year ago, after she passed the test to become a lawyer, Taeyeon move her life to Jeonju alone. At first, she doesn't want it, but Mrs. Kim keep persuade her to go. Besides, after the incident, Jiwoong decided to stay at Busan with his family and work at Busan Police Station. Meanwhile, Hayeon is now continuing her studies in Seoul. The law firm she's working right now is Seunghyun uncle's firm. After she's graduate, Seunghyun help her to work there.

“Here the invitation card…” Seungyhun said while he gives the card to her.

Taeyeon look at the card and then she says

“Sunbae, you help me a lot. I don't know how to pay you...”

Seunghyun smiles and then he says

“Why don't you treat me a meal?”

“That’s I can do…” Taeyeon said with smiles.

After that, both of them decided to have lunch together before Seunghyun go back to Seoul for his works.

 

 

 

 

SEOUL POTTERY FACTORY

 

After two years of Jiyong venturing into business, now he is appointed by the old lady to become assistant director of management. His efficiency attracted the interest of investors as well as some shareholders to make him as one of the board director. However, the old lady want to give Jiyong more time before she wants him to take over the factory.

“Halmeoni, isn't you having an event next week to attend?” Jiyong asked while he’s in her office.

“Yes…I’ll go with Mr. Park. Why?” the old lady asked.

“I can go with you, if you want” Jiyong replied.

“Oh, you don’t have too… I want you to handle the factory for me. Besides, next week we have investor from China come to visit us...so, you have to take care of them.” The old lady said.

“Arasso… but you have to take of yourself. I don’t want you work to hard,” Jiyong replied with worried.

“Nae…I won’t” the old lady said with smiles.

After she finish with the document, Jiyong take it to his office and continue his works.

The old lady smiles after she saw Jiyong. In two years, Jiyong really changed a lot. He's really care about her and mostly his time just with her. Sometimes, she felt sad to see him like that. She knew there is something inside him that makes him behave like that. Also, she knows, he missed someone.

 

 

 

 

A FEW DAYS LATER ULSAN AT HOTEL  

Taeyeon look her reflection in the mirror. After she feels sure with her appearance, she goes out from the washroom and goes into the corporate meeting room. Taeyeon look her reflection in the mirror. After she feels sure with her appearance, she goes out from the washroom and go into the corporate meeting room. There, market-handling seminars were held to several large companies, including those in the legal field. Taeyeon give the invitation card to the receptionist before she enters the hall with nervous.

Taeyeon look there are many people that attend the seminar. She went to find the empty place for her to seat. In the end, she saw the empty place at the end of the corner. Taeyeon speed her steps toward the seat. However, someone, accidentally, bump into her shoulder. The person apologies to her afterward. But, when she turned her face to the person, both of them look surprised to see each other.

“You? What are you doing here?” the old lady asked surprised.

“Oh God, halmeoni…” Taeyeon said with smiles.

“Aigoo… what a small world” the old lady said happily.

“I’m here for this seminar” Taeyeon replied afterward.

“Oh, me too. Come let’s join me at that table,” the old lady said while she pull Taeyeon hand to go with her.

Taeyeon just follow her after she pulls her hand.

“So… tell me. How are you?” the old lady asked happily after that already at the table

“I’m fine, halmeoni. What about you?” Taeyeon replied with smiles.

“I’m okay. So, how the eldercare house?” the old lady asked.

“Quite good. Omma still manage it with oppa... Also, your donate for us really helps a lot.” Taeyeon replied.

“Oh, how’s your oppa?” the old lady asked curious.

After the incident, Jiwoong rarely meet her. Besides, after he's out from the case, Jiwoong just distance himself to make sure Jiyong didn't see him.

“He’s fine. Now, he’s staying and working at Busan” Taeyeon replied.

“Glad to hear that…so, what are you doing now?” the old lady asked curious.

Taeyeon smiles shyly before she takes out her business card and give it to the old lady.

“Wow! You're the lawyer right now! That's great!” the old lady said excitedly after she read the card.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter