his guardian angel

Last tear of rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

BUSAN POLICE STATION

 

Jiwoong gets a letter from the old lady few weeks after she left. Jiwoong open the letter and read it with diligent.

 

Jiwoong, I know you're not liked the way when I asked Taeyeon to marry Jiyong. However, I have a reason for doing that. After me left, I don't have anyone to trust to take care of him except you and Taeyeon. But, with your current situation, I choose Taeyeon to be with him. I know you have a doubt with my son, and I know you investigated him and his family too. So, I decided, whatever the result, I will accept it. However, as my promised to my late daughter, I'll make sure Jiyong is safe. By the way, I have to tell you something about Taeyeon. As you know, her determined to marry Jiyong, it's not just because she loved him. She also wanted to protect him. Before she took the shareholder from me, she put conditions to work alongside Jiyong. What she wanted just to make sure Jiyong doesn't feel alone. From her view, I think she still doesn't know about what happen between you and Jiyong omma. I hope you can tell her the truth. You can't hide it from her forever, and I know she's strong enough to adapt to it. Lastly, about the case, besides you, I think someone also is trying to investigate it. Because, I noticed someone often come to the factory to observe Jiyong. I don't think it's your officer when I see his tattooed. Anyway, thank you for takes care my grandson. I really owe you and whole family a lot. Send my regard to your omma.   From, Mrs. Han.

 

Jiwoong keep the letter back after done read it. He's lean on the chair while thinking about the old lady words. Afterward, he takes out his phone and calls someone.

“Hello, Youngkwang” Jiwoong greet.

“Yes, sir!” Youngkwang replied.

“Is there still an officer still follow Jiyong?” Jiwoong asked curious.

“Well... still there but not as often as before... because we have a new case that need more attention right now...” Youngkwang replied.

“Hurm… did you find anything about James?” Jiwoong continue asked.

“We lost his track, but someone said they saw him ride a boat...” Youngkwang replied.

“Okay, I got it. Thanks!” Jiwoong said before he ended the call.

After that, he went to continue his investigation about James.

 

 

 

 

TWO WEEKS LATER POTTERY FACTORY

 

On that day, Seunghyun come to visit Taeyeon to talks about the works. However, Jiyong feel jealous when he saw them together like that. At the same time, Seunghyun take that advantage to get close to Taeyeon as like before. Jiyong get up and leave the office when he felt his heart can't take it anymore. He can't burst out his jealous when he knew both of them is working. In the end, he went to visit the warehouse to meet the factory staffs.

While he's walking around the warehouse, Jiyong accidentally hear one of the staff talking about him.

“Yah! You heard the news about our new director?” one of the staff asked his fellow.

“No, but I saw Mr. Hajoon is trying to get more staff to support him.” The other one said.

“What do you think about that sajangnim grandson? You think he can manage this factory?” he asked.

“Hurm... I'm not sure with him, but his latest design gets recognition...,” the other one said.

“It's still can't prove his capability. I'm scared he's going to close this factory. Like what Mr. Hajoon said... we can't trust him... anything he can do...” his friend replied.

Jiyong feel mixed feelings after he heard them talking. Inside him, he's trying his best for the factory, but they're still had doubt on him.

Meanwhile, in the office, Taeyeon still have a discussion with Seunghyun.

Seunghyun noticed Jiyong not in the office. He took that opportunity to talk with Taeyeon.

“Hey, where is Jiyong?” he asked.

Taeyeon looks at Jiyong desk and she noticed Jiyong is not there.

“Perhaps, he’s going out” Taeyeon replied and continue focus on her computer.

“Tae, can I ask you something?” suddenly Seunghuyn asked.

Taeyeon nodded without looking at him.

“Are you will stay in this marriage?” suddenly he asked curiously.

Taeyeon look at him after he asked.

“Why you ask that?” Taeyeon asked back.

“I just want to know… Tae, I know you when he’s left you. You look very fragile back before. Now, why you keep doing this? You want to hurt again?” Seunghyun asked curious.

“Sunbae, you see me when I'm hurt, so why you doubt with my decision for marrying him? It's not I'm trying to hurt myself... I just...feel pity toward him...” Taeyeon replied.

“Pity? That’s a reason for you to marry him?” he asked surprised.

“Sunbae, you know, between me and him... it's more than that... not just pity. There is something between us that cannot be described by anyone except both of us.” Taeyeon replied softly.

Seunghyun look at her with mixed feelings after she said that.

“You still have that feeling even he's hurting you? I cannot understand you, Tae...” Seunghyun said while shake his head slowly.

Taeyeon chuckles before she says

“If people can't understand me, then... so do I... what I'm doing right now is just kindness. When people ask for help, I'll help them...”

After that, both of them saw Jiyong enter the office with tense face. Taeyeon feel uneasy when she saw him like that, but when Seunhyun continue to discuss their works, she just let him be to calm down.

 

 

 

 

After Seunghyun left, Taeyeon went to approach Jiyong.

“Hey, are you okay?” Taeyeon asked concern.

However, Jiyong just ignore her and continue to do his works.

“Did something happen?” Taeyeon continue asked.

Jiyong stop from doing his works and then look at Taeyeon.

“Why you have to care? Didn't you have any works to do? Go away...” Jiyong said with firm.

Taeyeon feel offend with Jiyong words after he said that.

“Why are you talking to me like that? It's hurt...” Taeyeon said slowly.

“Oh? Is it? So, don't you think how I can be hurt too?” Jiyong replied firmly.

“Jiyong, what happen?” Taeyeon asked when she saw Jiyong firm face.

“I don't know... I just feel angry when I saw you with him.” Jiyong blurt out honestly.

Taeyeon chuckles after she hears that.

“Yah! He’s just my sunbae…” Taeyeon replied while shake her head.

Jiyong feel irate when he saw Taeyeon chuckles. He felt that Taeyeon mocking his feelings when he said that.

After that, Jiyong get up from his chair and stares at her with firm. Taeyeon startled while look at his firm face with fear.

“I know we're pretending to be married. But, from now, I understand... we're adult, and we behave like that. So... from now I don't care what will you do and who will you meet. After halmeoni come back, I will let you go...and we won't have anything to do with each other after this...” Jiyong said with firm.

After that, he walks away from there, but Taeyeon chase him and grab his arm to stop him.

“Are you sure you want to ignore me? It's that what you want?” Taeyeon asked.

“It should have been long ago, I'm doing this...” Jiyong replied without looking at Taeyeon.

“Fine…” Taeyeon said and then she’s release his arm.

After that, Jiyong left the office with mixed feelings. Outside the office, Jiyong stand silently when he's thinking about Taeyeon and Seunghyun conversation he accidentally heard before. He thought Taeyeon marry him because of her pity toward him and that make him feel upset. Meanwhile, in the other side, Taeyeon feel hurt to see Jiyong behave like that. At first, she thinks that he'll be accepted in their marriage, but now she's not sure about it anymore.

 

 

 

 

AT BAR

 

After he left the office, Jiyong went to have some drink at the bar. He wanted to release all his pain toward the drink. Daesung come to him after office hours. He knew that Jiyong had argued with Taeyeon when Taeyeon go to meet him and ask him to accompany Jiyong.

“Hey, how you find me?” Jiyong asked after he saw Daesung.

Daesung take the glass from him to make him stop drinking.

“Let’s go home,” Daesung said afterward.

“No! I don’t want to go home… I don’t want to see her” Jiyong replied while try to drink again.

“Please, stop it…” Daesung said to stop him from drinking.

Suddenly, Jiyong burst into tears, and he went to cry on Daesung shoulder.

Daesung just let him be while he pats Jiyong back softly.

“I want her, but I can't have her...” Jiyong said while sobbing.

Daesung nodded and continue rub his back softly.

“I want her to stay... but, I can't risk her to stay...” Jiyong continue with sad.

“That’s why you hurt her? Just want to make her leave?” Daesung asked.

Jiyong nodded before he continue says

“It's hurt me to see her with other men... but I can't hold her if I'm the one, can't openly say my feelings for her.”

“Then, why don't you hold her tight?” Daesung asked.

“…because I can't... I can't be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter