believe or lying?

Last tear of rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon look around after she's enter the office. Then, she saw the old lady assistant come to approach her.

“Welcome, Taeyeon-shi” the assistant said.

Taeyeon smiles before her reply

“Thank you…”

“Come, the director is waiting for you,” the assistant said.

Taeyeon nodded before she follows behind him to the old lady office.

The assistant knock the door before he open it for her.

“She’s in there,” he said while signal Taeyeon to enter the office alone.

Taeyeon nodded and then she takes steps slowly into the office.

Inside the office, Taeyeon saw the old lady is sitting on her table while doing her works. However, she’s stop her works after she saw Taeyeon presence.

“You’re here!” the old lady said excitedly while walking toward her.

“Wow… halmeoni, you’re really looking like a businesswoman here” Taeyeon praise her after she saw her, an appearance that seems more formal than ever.

The old lady chuckles before she pull Taeyeon to seat on the couch with her.

“How's you come here? Why don't you ask for the driver? I can send you one...,” the old lady said while holding Taeyeon hand.

“Halmeoni, please don’t treat me like this… I’m here as your employee” Taeyeon said with modesty.

The old lady smiles after she said that.

“You're not just my employee, you're my lawyer. Your position in here is important. I should take care of you... Besides, I already tell all the shareholder and board of director. We will meet them after this.” The old lady said with smiles.

“Huh?” Taeyeon asked confused after she heard that.

“Yes, I want to introduce you to them. They need to know you because everything contract -related matters they all will deal with you.” The old lady replied.

“Okay…” Taeyeon said with nervous.

“Hey, don’t worry. I know you can do this... also, my grandson will help you too...,” the old lady said with smiles.

Taeyeon feel uneasy when the old lady smiles like that. She felt that the old lady is hiding something, but she seems so excited about that.

“Sajangnim, they’re waiting for you” suddenly her assistant said from the door.

The old lady nodded and then she says

“Arasso… Taeyeon, let’s go”

“Nae…” Taeyeon replied with nervous.

After that, both of them leave the office while her assistant follow behind them.

 

 

 

 

In the meeting room, the entire shareholder and the board director are talking to each other about the old lady decision. Jiyong that seat at the end of the table just sat there silently. Suddenly, one of the board directors asks Jiyong.

“Did you know who's your halmeoni hire as her lawyer?” he asked with curious.

“I don't know, either. She just told me that she already hired someone for that position.” Jiyong replied while shakes his head.

“Huh… it's look like she's really not trust her family members...” Jiyong uncle said with unsatisfied.

Jiyong look at him without saying anything.

After he works in that factory, mostly his uncle will try to find his fault to bring him down. However, his uncle always failed when his grandmother is there to defend him. With that, all the board of director less pleased with his presence. For them, Jiyong just use the excuse of a grandchild to manage the factory. Only a few of them believed in Jiyong's abilities.

“Hey, we should be careful after this. I hope this lawyer can cooperate with us.” The other shareholder said.

Then, the meeting room door is open. Taeyeon and the old lady enter the room together. Taeyeon looks at the peoples at the table one by one until she's stops at someone she's familiar with. Her heart suddenly beat rapidly. Meanwhile, Jiyong also startled after he saw Taeyeon enter the room with his grandmother. Both of them stare at each other before Taeyeon avoid her eyes from him.

“I’m sorry for make all of you waiting.” The old lady said.

Then, she signal Taeyeon to seat on the chair beside her.

“I already email to all of you about this meeting. Today, I would like to introduce to you, our factory new employee... Miss Kim Taeyeon. She'll be our lawyer.” The old lady continues.

Taeyeon get up from her seat before she greets all the shareholder and board of director politely.

“Thank you, please give me guidance in this factory.” Taeyeon said with nervous.

Jiyong continue his stares at her without blinking. At that moment, Jiyong feel happy to get to see Taeyeon but inside him feel uneasy when she's there.

“Oh… Miss, huh? Hi, I’m Daniel…” the younger shareholder said to .

Taeyeon nodded while smiles awkwardly. While, Jiyong staring at the men with uneasy.

“So, let’s introduce yourself to her. I hope we can work together properly in the future,” the old lady said with smiles.

One by one, they introduced themselves until it was Jiyong's turn, Taeyeon try to stay calm but inside her already miserable. The old lady notice both of them behavior, she's smiling widely while enjoying herself to make them meet.

“I’m Kwon Jiyong, assistant manager,” Jiyong said shortly.

“Also, he’s my grandson” the old lady said with smiles.

Taeyeon stunned after she heard that from her. She looks at the old lady with face in disbelief.

The old lady chuckles before she whisper to Taeyeon slowly.

“We talk after this...,” she said whispering.

“Sajangnim, why you suddenly want to hire her?” suddenly someone asked.

The old lady smiles before she says

“... because I need someone that have integrity and I trust to help me with the factory. Besides, it's been a long time I know Miss Kim. So, I have no doubt on her.”

Jiyong keep staring at Taeyeon when his grandmother said that. However, he noticed Taeyeon keep avoiding her eyes from him.

“Okay, can we continue with next agenda?” the old lady asked.

After that, they’re continue the meeting.

Everyone was focusing on the meeting but not for Jiyong and Taeyeon. After two years, now they meet again. A lot of feelings appear inside them.

 

 

 

 

 

After the meeting, the old lady ask Taeyeon to follow her to her office. Inside the office, she seat on the couch with Taeyeon beside her.

“I’m sorry…,” she said afterward.

Taeyeon look at her with confused.

“For not telling you about Jiyong…,” she continues with guilty.

Taeyeon sigh deeply after she heard that.

“How come he’s your grandson?” Taeyeon asked confused.

After that, the old lady tell all the truths and previous stories between her and Jiwoong too.

“So… oppa also know about this?” Taeyeon asked curious.

The old lady nodded to answer her.

“Are you mad at me?” she asked with uneasy.

“What make you think I’m mad at you?” Taeyeon asked.

“… because I didn’t tell you about Jiyong presence here” she replied hesitated.

Taeyeon look at her before she says

“I don’t know how to react… but for now… I’m here for works. You ask me and I’m here. Also, I have nothing to do with him anymore”

The old lady look at her but she can see her expression change when she said that.

“To be honest, I really want you to work for me…because I trust you… as much I trust Jiwoong” the old lady said.

“Did Jiyong know about this?” Taeyeon asked curious.

The old lady shakes her head slowly.

“Great…so, he does really have no idea why I'm here...” Taeyeon mutter slowly.

The old lady look at her before she asks

“Are you okay to work with him?”

Taeyeon look at the old lady with mixed feelings.

“I'm professional. I can handle this...” Taeyeon replied with unsure.

“Thank you, Taeyeon. I really hope you can help me with this factory,” the old lady said while she hold Taeyeon hand softly.

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon hand has been pulls by someone after she's coming out from the office. Taeyeon startled after she saw the one that pull her is Jiyong. 

“What are you doing?” Taeyeon asked while try to release her hand.

However, Jiyong didn’t answer her. He just continues his steps toward the exit door.

“Let go my hand!” Taeyeon continue while try to pull her hand from him.

After both of them alone in the stairway area, Jiyong turns to face her with uneasy.

“What are you doing here? Why are you here?” Jiyong asked firm.

Taeyeon look at him with confused after he asked that.

“What are you talking about? I’m here for working. ” Taeyeon replied firm.

Jiyong smirks after Taeyeon said that.

“I don’t believe it…why here? Can’t you go somewhere else?” Jiyong said afterward.

“Why? You think I'm here because of you?” Taeyeon asked sarcastic.

Jiyong stares at her when she asked that.

“You can’t be here… What are you planning to do?” Jiyong asked firm.

“Why I can’t be here? You think what I'm doing only connected with you?” Taeyeon asked unbelievable.

Jiyong feel uneasy when she asked that.

“I don’t want to see you here. You shouldn't be here,” Jiyong said after that.

Taeyeon stares at him furiously after he said that.

“Who are you to ask me to leave? It is because of my words before this to you?” Taeyeon said while stares at him.

Jiyong keep stares at her when she asked that.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter