Without a goodbye

Last tear of rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ELDERCARE HOUSE

 

Jiyong throw his shirt covered with Jiwoong blood into the basket. He went to the bathroom and rinses with warm water. He's head feel spinning after what happen today. However, the most shocked for him when Jiwoong mentioning his grandmother. Then, Jiyong flashback the old lady face, and then he knew why her smiles are same with his late mother.

“Why she’s here? Why she want to help me after years?” Jiyong mutter under the shower.

Suddenly, he heard someone knock the door.

Jiyong turn off the shower, and then he took a towel to cover himself. After he opens the door, he saw Ah-in is there with a letter in his hand.

“We're leaving... tonight,” Ah-in said while he give the letter to Jiyong.

Jiyong saw the letter is from the court. They want him to move to Seoul immediately for his safe. Also, the police officer that will take care of him exchanged from Jiwoong to Youngkwang. Ah-in that will in charge to him to the Seoul.

“Tonight?” Jiyong asked surprised.

Ah-in nodded slowly.

Jiyong sigh deeply before he reply

“Understand.”

After that, Ah-in went to pack his stuff while Jiyong continue to finish his bath.

After they have done packed, Jiyong looks around the room with sad. Then, he goes out from the room and saw Taeyeon room door. At that time, Jiyong found it hard to tell Taeyeon the news. Eventually, he decided to leave without telling her. Downstairs, he saw Mrs. Kim is stand there alone. Jiyong went to approach her slowly. 

“Thank you for all, imo” Jiyong said sadly.

Mrs. Kim holds her emotion before she went to hugs Jiyong.

“You're always a part of my family. Come here if you no place to go after this. I'm here for you...” Mrs. Kim said with sad.

Jiyong nodded slowly.

“Did she know about this?” Mrs. Kim suddenly asked.

Jiyong smiles while shakes his head.

“This is better... I can't let her see me go...” Jiyong replied slowly.

“Understand… Don’t you want to say anything to her?” Mrs. Kim asked.

Jiyong look at Mrs. Kim and then he shakes his head slowly.

“She'll understand” Jiyong said with force smiles.

Mrs. Kim looks at him and then she holds his hand.

“Remember this... what happen today is not your fault. For me... what Jiwoong done it's his job to protect you and... I don't blame you for that. So... don't feel guilty, understand?” Mrs. Kim said softly.

Jiyong eyes start to get tears after he heard that from her.

“Thank you, imo. I really owe you so much,” Jiyong said while wipe his tears.

Mrs. Kim touch his face gently and then nodded.

“Take care of yourself,” Mrs. Kim said.

After that, Jiyong and Ah-in are walks out from the house with heavy heart. They feel sad to leave the house that gives a lot of meaning in their life. Especially, Jiyong. In there, he finally can feel the family bond, friends and love. After this, he doesn’t know what his life is going to happen, but that house he kept in his heart in special place. Jiyong look at the house for the last time before he enters the car.

“Goodbye my brave girl” Jiyong mutter slowly.

 

 

 

 

 

NEXT DAY BUSAN HOSPITAL

 

Mrs. Kim and Hayeon come to visit Jiwoong in that morning. She bought clothes for Taeyeon to get change and with a breakfast for her. Mrs. Kim waits in the ward with Jiwoong while Hayeon went to accompany Taeyeon in the café.

“Omma, thank you” Jiwoong said with smiles.

“For what?” Mrs. Kim asked with frown.

“For all…”Jiwoong replied.

“Did you already know about Jiyong?” Mrs. Kim asked slowly.

Jiwoong nodded.

“Ah-in comes last night. This is the best way for him...” Jiwoong said.

Mrs. Kim nodded before she asks

“Did you tell Taeyeon about this?”

Jiwoong shakes his head slowly.

Mrs. Kim sighs before she says

“We both know she's tough but inside her still fragile. I hope she'll be fine...”

“She'll forget about this...” Jiwoong said afterward.

Suddenly, Hayeon and Taeyeon come back from the café with drink in hands.

“This is for you,” Taeyeon said while she gives it to Mrs. Kim.

“Thank you” Mrs. Kim replied.

“What about me?” Jiwoong asked.

“Oppa, you should listen to the doctor…so, no caffeine for a while...” Hayeon replied before she sips her drink.

Jiwoong narrow his eyes afterward. All of them chuckles after see his expressions.

“Oppa, did you know where they take Jiyong oppa go?” suddenly Hayeon blurt out unexpectedly.

Taeyeon stunned after she heard that while Mrs. Kim and Jiwoong turn to look at her.

“Who’s go?” Taeyeon asked.

“Jiyong oppa. Didn’t you know?” Hayeon asked confused.

“Hayeon… can you help me wash these apples?” suddenly Mrs. Kim said while she give the apples to her.

After she goes, Taeyeon look at Jiwoong and asks

“Did you ask him to go?”

“He's not safe here. So, the court makes an order to take him away...” Jiwoong replied.

Mrs. Kim looks at her daughter with mixed feeling.

“I send him last night...” Mrs. Kim said.

Taeyeon look at Mrs. Kim and then she ask

“Did he say anything?”

“Erm… he just thanks me...that's all,” Mrs. Kim replied with uneasy.

Taeyeon nodded after she heard that.

“Are you okay?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“Well... what should I say? He's already left... that's great, right? This is what it should be...” Taeyeon said while try to hold her emotions.

Jiwoong and Mrs. Kim stares at her with mixed feelings.

“I… I go to washroom,” Taeyeon continues before she walks out from the ward rashly.

After that, Mrs. Kim and Jiwoong look at each other without saying anything.

 

 

 

 

 

After she's crying in the washroom, Taeyeon take a seat outside the ward. She stares at the ceiling with mixed feelings until Mrs. Kim comes out and approaches her.

“You can't hide it from me,” Mrs. Kim said while she gives a tissue to Taeyeon.

“I apparently not regain after what happen...” Taeyeon said while she rubs her face.

Mrs. Kim stares at her without saying anything.

“Don't you want to know where he's go?” Mrs. Kim asked.

Taeyeon look at her mother and then she shakes her head.

“If he wants me to know he'll tell me...” Taeyeon replied slowly.

“Are you upset?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“Maybe…” Taeyeon replied shortly.

Mrs. Kim stares at her before she touches her hair softly.

“At least, I'm glad he knows how to thanks to you...” Taeyeon continue after that.

“Will you suffer for him? Or hurt for his doing?” Mrs. Kim asked curious.

Taeyeon stares at her mother and then she says

“Of course, I'm hurt... but the times will heal it.”

“Are you sure you can handle it?” Mrs. Kim asked worried.

“I'm fine... besides, he even didn't say goodbye to me...so... it's great for me. I won't to see him again. Good...for him...” Taeyeon said with disappointed.

Mrs. Kim stares at her with silent afterward.

“What?” Taeyeon asked when she saw her mother stares at her.

“Nothing…” Mrs. Kim replied before she pulls Taeyeon and hugs her shoulder.

“I ask some space from him and now... he's not here anymore...” Taeyeon mutter while her eyes flow the tears.

Mrs. Kim rubs her shoulder to comfort her daughter. As her mother, Mrs. Kim knows that Taeyeon is hurt, but she's pretend to be tough because of her. She knew both of them feeling toward each other, but she can't do anything at that time. For her, things happened to their family is destined. So do Jiyong presence.

 

 

 

 

SEOUL ORPHANAGE HOME

 

Last night, they're arrived at the new place for him to continue his law order. Jiyong look at the orphanage from the room window. Then, Ah-in enters the room and says

“Someone wants to meet you”

Jiyong nodded before he follow Ah-in out from the room.

Inside the living room, Jiyong stunned after he saw the old lady is there, but this time she's alone. Jiyong start to feel awkward after he knew the identity about the old lady.

“I’ll leave you here,” Ah-in said before he walks away from there.

The old lady smiles at him and that time, Jiyong feel touched to see her resembles of late mother.

“Hi, Jiyong” the old lady greet him with smiles.

Jiyong hesitated while continue stares at her.

“Come… have a seat,” she said while signal Jiyong to seat beside her.

However, Jiyong dec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter