Part 61

DESTINY

When Kihyun opened his eyes, all he can see is Hyungwon holding Baby A in his arms. He scans the room and see no babies or Hyunwoo or Changkyun or Minhyuk. It's just the two of them with Baby A. "Hyungwon" he called weakly and the psychiatrist immediately comes to his side. "Where is everyone?"

"Minhyuk and Hyunwoo take the babies to Jooheon. He comes when he heard that you have given birth. Changkyun is checking on his patient. Hoseok is still with my family. The children is with him" Hyungwon answered. 

Kihyun just nodded as he fixes his posture a bit. Then, he looks at Hyungwon who seem occupied with Baby A. "Your eyes is swollen" Kihyun commented after a moment. 

Hyungwon smiles. "Yours too. A little bit" 

"I got mine from a physical pain. Yours... is a different story. Do you want to talk about it?"

Hyungwon just shakes his head. "Don't worry, Kihyun. I won't jump off from the rooftop or something" he jokes. 

"I know. But, you are too good at keeping things to yourself. You are the one who tells me the more we denied the pain, the more it will hurt later. I just don't want you to face everything by yourself" 

"If I break down, do you think I can be fix?" Hyungwon randomly asked. 

"What are you thinking, Hyungwon? Don't scare me like this" Kihyun is concerned. 

"It's just a passing thought. Forget it" Hyungwon stand up and put Baby A down in the bassinet.

"Hyungwon-ah" Kihyun told the latter to come to him as he sits up. He pulls Hyungwon into a hug. "I know all these bring back all your disappointment and painful memories. If you ever feel like giving up, think about me. Ok?"

"Why is that?" Hyungwon asked as he hugs Kihyun back. 

"Because we went through something similar and you once called me a broken person, and you still choose to put me back together pieces by pieces. It also because you said helping me is tougher than helping Changkyun"

"Do you know why?" 

Kihyun just shakes his head, unconsciously patting Hyungwon's back. 

"Changkyun is living with his body shutting down with a desire to heal. Most of my patients are like that too. But, you... your body is alive, your mind is working fine. Your soul? It's dying" Hyungwon sighed a little before releasing himself. "When I'm not around, look after them for me" he said before he stand up and left the room. 

Kihyun intend to ask, somehow he failed to let the word to leave his mouth and just blankly staring at the psychiatrist. 

Hyungwon entered the nursery and carefully approaching Minhyuk. 

"Look, who is here to see you?" Minhyuk said to the baby when he notices Hyungwon presence. 

"Where is the other one?" Hyungwon asked as he smiles a little at the baby who seem to be sound asleep.

"Jooheon cleared him. So, Hyunwoo bring him back upstairs to Kihyun. Jooheon is going to the lab to run some test. Don't you see them outside? They just left"

"No. Test? Something is wrong?" Hyungwon become worried. 

"Just a precaution. He's hidden. We don't want history to be repeated, right?" 

Hyungwon just nodded. He looks at the baby and get lost in his own thought. "Can I take some time alone?" he blurts out. "Things happen too fast these few days. I feel kind of lost. I need some time to process this whole thing" he explained when Minhyuk look at him with surprised eyes. 

"When?"

"I'm not sure. Got to finish some work first. Is it ok with you?" 

"Of course, it's ok. Your well-being is important to me. Just let me know when and where you are going" Minhyuk answered.

"Thank you" Hyungwon replied. "I should go back. Call me when you are done. I'll pick you up" he unconsciously kissing Minhyuk side head before leaving. He can see that Minhyuk is a little caught off guard with the sudden action. In fact, he is a little surprised too, because he didn't know why he do it.

As Hyungwon is leaving the building, he is forced to make an emergency break when a car suddenly shows up in front of him. He tries to look passed the car light. All he sees a silhouette of a man is coming out of the car. So, he gets off from his car too. 

"Are you Chae Si Woo?" 

Something is off. This man just called him with his old name. He quickly scans the man. Something is wrong with him. He can see a sign of instability all over the man's body language.

"Do you mind if I ask you to come with me?" 

Hyungwon nodded. Most likely because he is being curious, or maybe he is just being stupid. Who will say 'yes' to follow a stranger whom they never see even once in their life?

When Hyungwon entered the room he was told to, he can see someone else is already there. The person is sleeping so he carefully moves around to scan the room. 

"J?" 

Hyungwon turn around to look at the was sleeping man again. The man slowly raises up from the bed and that's when Hyungwon sees the chain around his ankle. The man suddenly panics upon seeing his face. "You know me?" he asked. 

"I am Kwon Jinho. Eun Segye's adopted son. Your father's secretary. I don't expect you to remember me, it was a long time ago since we meet" 

"You were a baby when I first meet you and you still a baby when I meet you few times after the first time. How can you recognize me?" Hyungwon approaches the man. He scans the man's body, no sign of beaten up. Thankfully. Honestly, he don't really remember the baby. He remembers his father's secretary. There is no way he will forget that nice and kind-hearted woman. 

"When you run away, my mom was the one who helps you. I found the copy of the documentation when I cleared her room, after she passed away from a . I used it to track you down out of curiosity. You were sick when I found you. But, I know you are in a good hand because your room was never empty when I come. I told no one about you because I know why you left. My mom told me why she helps you escape and change your name few times" 

That was after the liver transplant and it's been years, Hyungwon thought. "Have you ever come to see me after that?" 

"No, I didn't. It will be awkward between us" Jinho answered honestly. 

"Explain awkward" Hyungwon demanded. He can see the man flinched a little at his tone.  

"It's a very long story. You should just go before the man who bring you come back and tie you up" Jinho said as he look around the room for an escape route. The shackled restrict his movement. 

Hyungwon hold the man small body frame and make him stand in front of him. "If you actually had looked for me, you must know who I am and what I do for living"

Jinho avoid the eye contact, but he nodded. "You like a wizard, you can do the extraordinary" 

"That's an exaggeration. Now, tell me what happened. Why are you shackled here?" 

"Before that.... " Jinho goes back to his bed. "I'm actually your half-sibling. Your mother, our mother gives birth to me not long after Yeji's passed away. Mom adopted me is purely a coincidence. After mom passed away, I lived with grandmother. She must have been worried I didn't come home" 

"Han Hyejin?" Hyungwon asked as he tries to confirm if Jinho is talking about his grandmother. Jinho nodded. Hyungwon is surprised, but not disappointed. "Fast forward to why are you here" 

"I don't really know. But, two months ago that man showed up in my office and said he need my help to pay revenge on his parents. He makes me passed out and when I woke up I already here. He blames them for his tough life. He asked me a lot of question. I told him everything I know because I don't want to get hurt. He never answered my question though. All I know is his name is J" Jinho briefly explained. "Ah, he said he is our half-sibling too" he added. 

Hyungwon suddenly feel overloaded with all these new inputs. 

"Are you ok?" Jinho asked. 

"You are here for two months?" Hyungwon asked instead. Jinhoo nodded. "Our mother and my father passed away. Hit and run in Macau. They are buried this morning"  

"He really did it?" Jinho gasped.  

"He talked to you about his plan?" 

"No, just... he seems determined to pay revenge on them. He insisted on looking for you too" 

The door is opened again. 

"With the oldest is here, I mean the second oldest. Shall we start to properly introduce ourselves?"

Hyungwon just look at the man named 'J' carefully as the latter takes a seat on the chair.

"It's so hard to look for you. I started to think our youngest here is giving me a wrong information, Chae Si Woo" J said with such a cocky tone. 

"You are Juyoon, right?" Hyungwon blurts out. His deep buried memories miraculously return to him. "Baek Juyoon, Baek Jinyoung's nephew" he added.

Jinho look at J reaction. J look a little taken aback at first, before he starts laughing. 

"The nephew role is a cover up, isn't it?" Hyungwon is setting a trap. Hoping the latter will fall into it. 

"The second born is sure a different breed. Jinho-ah, you have a lot of things to learn from us" J said. Stopped laughing immediately. 

"Hyungwon... Hyungwon..." Hoseok gently wakes up the psychiatrist. 

Hyungwon open his eyes and immediately goes into a defensive mode. 

"It's ok. It was just a dream" Hoseok try to calm Hyungwon down. But, Hyungwon keep struggling while mumbling something incoherent. "Hyungwon, listen to me. You are safe here" he said as he try to hug the man. When he actually made it, he makes sure to hug Hyungwon tightly and carefully.  Hyungwon is still trying to push him away. Hoseok whispered the sleeping chant Minhyuk teach him as he holds Hyungwon head in place so the latter will be able to listen to him. He did it multiple time until Hyungwon is calm down. When he let go of Hyungwon, the latter is just staring blankly into a space. As soon as Hoseok make Hyungwon lay down on the bed again, Hyungwon body starts going into a spasm. 

"Oh my god" the nurse unintentionally drops the tray she hold. "Call Dr. Im!" she yelled to her colleague before going to help the confused lawyer. 

Changkyun comes running to the ward and Hoseok excuse himself to the corner of the room. 

"Book an OR!" 

That was the last thing Hoseok hear before everything around him become dark.