Part 52

DESTINY

"Hyunsik is a little malnutrition. It is most likely because he was too deep in your womb. He only receives the excess nutrient that his brothers don't take" Jooheon explains as he put the sleeping baby in his mother's arms. 

"Is he going to be ok?" Kihyun asked worried. 

"He will be. But, I don't recommend for him to share space with his brothers yet. He lack of nutrition and easily fall sick" Jooheon sound so casual. "Just make sure to feed him on time. Bre-ast fed him if possible. Mother's milk contains enough nutrition for baby compare to the formula" he added. 

"I want to feed them all, but I don't produce enough for all three" Kihyun sighed a little as he watches the sleeping Hyunsik in his arms, before looking at another two baby in the bassinet. "I'm not sure should I be glad or not that Hyunsoo prefer the formula than mine"

"When Hyunsoo was born, you can't feed him yourself because it may trigger labor" Joheon replied, knowing Kihyun is feeling a little guilty for not feeding Hyunsoo himself. "Give it a time, Kihyun. It's just a week since you give birth. You were stressed and your body is recovering. You will be better soon" Jooheon try to comfort the mother. 

Minhyuk walks into the suite with a paper in his hand. "This is your discharged paper. Shows them to the security when you are leaving this building later. Otherwise, they won't let you out" he put the paper on the bed. "This is your supplement. To boost your lactation" he put the supplement in Kihyun's bag. "This is your exercise guide. It might help with your body pain and all, only if you do it moderately. No heavy lifting for at least 30 days, the longer the better. You should move around, but slowly and carefully... or, you will come back here for re-stitches"

Kihyun frowned when he heard the word 're-stitches'.

Hoseok come in with a twins stroller. 

"Hyunwoo is in emergency surgery. So, we hired a chauffeur for you" Jooheon said. By chauffeur, he means Lee Hoseok. 

"Since we don't know when the surgery is going to end, we agree you shouldn't wait" Minhyuk added. 

"Don't worry. I have three car seat ready for the babies" Hoseok said as he carefully lifted Hyunsoo and put him down in the stroller. Then, he did the same for Hyunki. While, Hyunsoo is excited with the stroller, Hyunki seem uncomfortable with the tiny space that he starts kicking. "You definitely the one who almost gives your mother a broken rib, aren't you?" he said to the Hyunki who immediately stop moving. 

Kihyun just keep looking at them. He mentally sighed because it seem no one will ask for his opinion. It's obvious no one is going to asked whether he want to wait for Hyunwoo or otherwise. It's not like he wanted to wait, but it would be nice if they ask him anyway. 

Jooheon takes Hyunsik from Kihyun so Minhyuk can help him transfer to the wheelchair. "I will walk with you to the car" he said when Kihyun ask for Hyunsik back after he seated on the wheelchair. 

"So am I" Minhyuk said. He takes Kihyun's hospital bag and the discharged paper before he push the wheelchair out from the suite. 

"Say bye bye to your birth place" Hoseok said to the babies before he followed Minhyuk. 

"Work is gonna be boring again with you guys not here" Jooheon sighed.

********************************

"So, you are saying Sang Wook do all these?" Kihyun is amazed at the nursery decoration.

It looks so contemporary with the white and grey wall. Instead of a baby crib, there are three beds with safety gate placed on each of it. The triple bed is placed in the middle of the room, with gaps in between each of them.

It's easy to check on the triplets, Kihyun thought. Except for the bed, everything else was recycled from Sang Wook baby's day. The rocking chair is located near the window and the changing table is next to it. He actually wanted to sell all of this when Sang Wook is grow up. But, Hyunwoo think it is better for them to just keep it which they did.

"Sang Wook plan it, we executed it. Sang Wook is very talented" Hosek replied as he put down each baby in their own bed.

"...and you encourage him" Kihyun replied as he walks closer to his partner. "Thank you" he gives the muscular man a backhug. "You always watch over him for me and Hyunwoo. You are much like his father"

"I wish he is mine" Hoseok replied as he rubs his hand gently on Kihyun's hand around his waist. "They are sleeping. Let me bring you to your room" he carefully leads his partner to his own bedroom. 

When they enter the room, Kihyun see something is on his bed. He slowly takes a seat on the bed and reach out for it. "What is this?" he asked. 

"Sang Wook special gift for you" Hoseok simply replied as he seat next to Kihyun. 

Kihyun open the envelop. His eyes are wide open when he sees voucher of  'A complete package of home post-birth care'. 

"The spa owner bought Sang Wook art work the other day. There was a problem with her card and she doesn't bring enough money. She happened to have a few voucher in her pocket. So, she makes up the amount with few voucher" Hoseok explained. 

Kihyun read the back of the voucher. The post-natal caregiver will come to give him treatment four times a week for 30 days and twice a week after that until his 100 days postpartum confinement ended. "100 days?" he sounds surprised. 

"Apparently, you return to work a bit too fast when you had Sang Wook and Dasom" Hoseok replied. "That might explain why you easily got cramped. Your body isn't healing properly" 

"But, I've been absent from the firm far too long. Another 100 days?" Kihyun lost in his thought. 

"You have a triplet. You can take a rest as long as you want. Plus, you own the firm. If you really feel bad, I can let you do administration work from home. No cases, though" 

"Yes, please. I feel bad that the associate need to cover for me. It's double their workload" 

"Ok, but after 30 days" Hoseok simply replied as he fishes out his phone. "I have something to shows you" he give his phone to Kihyun. "Sang Wook said you will know the story of this set of picture when you see it" he added. 

Kihyun quietly scroll the painting one by one and just can't believe it was painted by his eldest son. 

"So, do you know what is it all about?" Hoseok asked. He's been thinking of this painting for months.

"He is drawing about his mommy Dasom and sister" Kihyun sound a little emotional. As he scrolls further, he can see the storyline better.

It started with a painting of a woman silhouette. It seems like she is in a deep water. The second painting shows that the woman have moved to some isolated place. There is no painting of her face, but her body language shows that she is lonely. The third painting is a picture of a girl silhouette surrounded with people shadows. The girl seems like she is having a goodbye moment with the people around her. The fourth painting shows that the girl is by herself in a dark place. Her body language shows that she is scared. The fifth painting, the woman and the girl meet each other. They are happy to have each other company. On the sixth painting, the woman and girl is watching a house from the sky. 

Kihyun smiles when Hoseok dries his tears which he didn't even realized fall down his cheeks. 

"This set of drawing is on demand. There is three people interested to buy it in a complete set. There are more than a dozen people ordering them individually" Hoseok tries to stop Kihyun from going down the memory lane.

"Sang Wook keep drawing them?" Kihyun asked as he returns the phone back to Hoseok, pretending to be fine. 

"No. The original copy is kept at the Asylum Art Museum. They only sold the replica of it" Hoseok explains. "It's weird that people are willing to buy a replica for huge amounts of money, right? But, think about it... it pretty much the same with people who are interested in figurine or fashion" he rambling to himself. 

"He almost seven and already have a career" Kihyun wipes his face. "When I was seven, I don't even know why should I go to school" he look at Hoseok. 

"That is because both of you and Hyunwoo raise him well. Each of you play different roles. You protect him and treat him with so much care. In return, he does exactly the same to everyone around him. Hyunwoo is all about perseverance. He teaches him to be independent and it's ok to be not the best all the time. Both of you make him so much braver. Do you know why?"

Kihyun just keep staring, thinking. 

"There is no braver person in this world other than those who isn't afraid of failure" Hoseok wrap his arm around Kihyun's shoulder. "I know you are worried, but Sang Wook is your first child and you have done great with him. I bet you will be amazing with the triplets" 

"You really know me like the back of your hand" Kihyun smiles as he lean to Hoseok shoulder. "Now, we are back at home... there is no nurse to help me. I do feel a little scared and anxious" 

"Of course, I know. You are my baby" Hoseok replied. "My baby is having a baby. When did you grow up so much?" he takes a look at Kihyun face. 

Kihyun laughed. "You have a new baby now. Lee Chessa" 

"Think about it, she shouldn't call you uncle. You are her big brother" Hoseok jokes. 

"Why did you 'adopted' me back then, Hoseok?" Kihyun suddenly get curious about the past. "I remember you have your own gang. Then, one day... you start tagging along to wherever I go"

Hoseok thinks carefully. He actually starts caring about Kihyun when he sees the latter got bullied during the orientation week. But, he doesn't want to talk about it with him. Never, not in this lifetime. "Maybe I was falling in love" he blurts out. 

Kihyun smiles. He remembered the old times when they got teased as a couple. "Was?"

"Yes, was. Because I have fallen hard for you now" Hoseok jokes and it makes Kihyun laughed. "Should we take a nap while the babies are sleeping?" he asked after a moment of silence.

"Office?" 

"They can survive without us for a day, Kihyun" Hoseok replied as he removes Kihyun from his shoulder. He stands up and carefully helping the latter to lay down on the bed. "Just sleep. I will watch the babies for you" he whispers as he tucks him in. 

After making sure Kihyun is sleeping, Hoseok left the room and go to the living room. He switches on the television. A news pops up on the screen. 

"The Board of Director of JJ Group is filing a court order against Dr. Chae Hyungwon, early this morning. The Board of Director is filing for the status quo order for the company while pending for the clarification of the Late Chairman's will" 

Hoseok surprised that Hyungwon name is just exposed like that on public television station. People may still have no idea about who Chae Hyungwon is, but for those who really curious, they will search for his information online. Hyungwon is a famous psychiatrist with 12 published thesis and dozens of articles. People can easily find out who he really is. Hoseok decides to make a phone call to Lawyer Kim. 

"What is happening? I just watched the news. The group is requesting for status quo order" Hoseok said as soon as his phone call is answered. 

"They wanted to challenge the late chairman will. The Chairman stated Chae Si Woo as his successor. They argue the person is no longer existed" Lawyer Kim explains. "With the chairman passing, the BOD is really trying their best to take over the company. But, don't you worry... I intend to give Dr. Chae what is rightfully his"

"When was this will was read?" Hoseok asked. 

"Yesterday. It's not suppose to be read until the 49 days passed. But, the BOD keeps pressuring the lawyer in charge of the will and he..." Lawyer Kim sighed. "The war is begin, Hoseok. You need to convince him to make a return or his family legacy will be gone"

Hoseok ended up the phone call. 

This lawsuit will completely bring Hyungwon to his past and Hoseok isn't sure if he wants Hyungwon to go through that. He knows corporate people very well. They are going to use everything they can, to crash Hyungwon credibility. Hyungwon's juvenile record will most likely resurface again. He doesn't know what is it about but he can tell it will leave a blow on Hyungwon's career. 

Hoseok slumped on the couch and thinking hard as he is about to make a most important decision in his life.