Part 81

DESTINY

"Apple. Grape. Kiwi. Strawberry. Pineapple"  Hyunwoo said as he holds up the flashcard in front of the triplet. 

Hyunsoo tries to copy his papa. While Hyunki and Hyunsik are just focusing on the flashcard as if they are trying to remember which picture is which.

A sobbing sound.

Hyunwoo turns around and  Kihyun who is sitting on the sofa behind him is crying. "Wait a moment," he said to the triplet before he gets out from the play area and goes to check on his wife.

"Hyunwoo-ah," Kihyun asked to be hugged and his husband instantly hugs him.

"Why you crying? Are you feeling unwell?" Hyunwoo said - one hand is cupping the back of his wife's head and the other is rubbing the latter back gently.

"No. I was reading the news on my laptop. I can't finish it fast. I need to read it multiple times to understand the text" Kihyun explained before he let go of his husband. "I used to be able to finish hundreds of pages in an hour" he added while wiping his tears.

Hyunwoo smiles.

"See you think this is absurd too" Kihyun whines.

"Minhyuk warns me about the mood swing, but I didn't expect it to be this bad" Hyunwoo replied as he wipes away the tear stain on his wife's face. "Minhyuk said, even though we lose the baby but the pregnancy hormones may take times to completely went away. I think this is the first time I actually see you experiencing a mood swing. Never would I thought to see you crying because you can't read fast. I think it's cute"

"Do I look cute when I cry?" Kihyun is now confused.

"No. It breaks my heart to see you cry. But, the reason behind your tears is cute"

Kihyun stares at his husband for a moment, "Am I difficult to handle when I was pregnant?"

"Not at all. The only thing that was hard for me when you were pregnant is you don't rely on me much. I want to spoil you and all, but you scolded me for that. I know this is hard for you, but I kind of enjoying this time because you can't really do anything without me nowadays" Hyunwoo answered as he holds his wife hands tightly.

The triplets make a sound.

"Mama is fine. Papa got it under control" Hyunwoo told the babies.

Kihyun smiles at the scene. The triplets are glued to the fence looking all worried and immediately resuming their seat after receiving the answer. "Aren't you guys going to check if mama is really okay?". Of course, the triplet ignores him. 

"That because they trusted me with whole their heart"

"Just wait. I am going to make them trust me more than they trust you"

"Can you not? They are already liking you more than they like me" Hyunwoo make a pouting face.

Kihyun laughed.

"That's my favourite sound. I want to hear you laugh all day long. But, I am bad at cracking jokes"

Kihyun laughed even harder at Hyunwoo comment.

"Do you feel like going out today?" Hyunwoo asked after Kihyun stop laughing.

"I am eager to go out and see how much the world has changed. But, I can't. Minhyuk put me in confinement, remember? We had a miscarriage"

"I like how you keep saying we when it actually you - the one going through all the pain"

"I pretty sure it was harder on you for watching" Kihyun cupped his husband face, "I saw the photo album. Why you never told me? I can make some cute pose for the picture, you know"

Hyunwoo smiles. "Maybe because I am more into the rawness of the picture instead of the beauty of it?"

"You really have a thing for an imperfect thing" Kihyun give his husband a quick kiss. "Where are going to take me?"

"Your favourite place" Hyunwoo answered before he smiles.

***********************

"Oh my God, they have grown up so much," Kihyun's secretary said as she cooed at the triplet.

Kihyun looks around, the firm looks pretty empty - except for their accounting department who seem to be rushing here and there. "Is everything okay?"

"Yes. When you weren't around, we won three high profile case. Two banks appointed us to be their panel. Everyone is giving their best because they don't want to disappoint you" the secretary answered. 

"Lawyer Lee hasn't told me about all that yet," Kihyun said as he saw the meeting room is occupied. He wanted to ask but his secretary explains to him without him asking. 

"There is an important trial in the next five days. Have you heard about the pharmaceutical company, PharmaLab? They are getting sued for unethical conduct during the trial programme. We are representing the victim family"

"Isn't the company have a long history of unethical conduct?" Hyunwoo asked.

"Exactly. But, I think their side is playing dirty. All of our witnesses is rejected" the secretary answered still pretty lost with the triplets cuteness.

Kihyun frowned. "Can you come with me?"

"To PharmaLab?" the secretary sound surprised.

"What am I suppose to do there? I mean the meeting room" Kihyun replied. Hyunwoo is controlling his laugh behind him. "Lawyer Lee is leading the meeting, right? He doesn't scold me much if you are around"

"Sure" the secretary patted all three baby on the head gently before standing up and pushing the wheelchair - heading to the meeting room. 

Hyunwoo goes to his wife's office with the triplet. "It's been a while since we come here, right?" he said to the babies. "Your elder brother used to spend a lot of time here, instead of at home. I can still remember him sleeping in his playpen over there while your mama is working" 

Hyunsoo takes a peek at the corner from his stroller. Hyunsik and Hyunki are just looking at their papa in their own respective stroller. 

"Sohn Hyunwoo" 

Hyunwoo turns around and Hoseok is standing at the door. "We..." he is about to explain himself when Hoseok suddenly hugs him. 

"You are my saviour..." Hoseok let go of Hyunwoo, "... I am sorry. I need to borrow him today," he said before leaving. 

Hyunwoo is confused. 

******************

"Is something wrong with mama, uncle?" Sang Wook asked when he sees his Uncle Changkyun is the one picking him up. Closely behind his Uncle Changkyun is his Uncle Minhyuk.

"Your papa is being a bad boy today," Minhyuk said as he walking passed by them. 

"Your papa bring your mama and your younger brother to the firm. Then, Uncle Hoseok needs your mama to stay. He needs your mama's help" Changkyun explained.

Sang Wook smiles. "If Uncle Hoseok let mama joining the meeting, it means mama is still as good as before at doing his job. I am glad because that mean mama is happy"

"Didn't you tell me you want your mama to become a full-time mother?" Changkyun replied as he takes the boy bag and holds his hand - walking to the car.

"I said that because mama falls asleep. Now, mama is awake and I am a few months older than when I said those words. Helping those innocent people is mama's passion. It makes mama feel complete. I will rather be praying for my mama safety than having my mama incomplete" Sang Wook said as he gets into the car.

Changkyun is about to say something when Minhyuk yelled 'Straight to the mall?' from the other side of the road. 

"Yup. Hyungwon and Jooheon with the kids are already there. See you guys later" Changkyun answered. He helped Sang Wook with the seat belt then proceed to the driver seat. 

"Where are we going, uncle?" Sang Wook is curious.

"Since your papa is stuck with your mama at the firm, we are going to help him buying some stuff for Hyunsoo's first birthday ceremony" Changkyun answered.

******************

"I already design the cake for Hyunsoo and also for Hyunki and Hyunsik next month. But, I gonna need your help with the sculpturing" Jinhee said. 

Sang Wook just nodded, too busy making sure Chessa did not get hurt while taking a bit of his fish cake off the stick. 

"The drawing I saw on your table?" Jinwoo asked.

"Yes. Those. Beautiful, isn't it?" Jinhee replied excitedly.

"Hyunsoo is a boy. Can you make it more boyish?" Jinwoo carefully asked. Jinhee gives it a thought - then nodded. "Aren't you agreeing with me too fast?" he isn't used to this because normally they are going to bicker first before supporting each other.

"A great baker knows when to listen to her customer" Jinhee replied and smiles when Jinwoo makes a face at her. "How about the door gift? What should we buy?" she turns to Sang Wook who still focusing on feeding Chessa. 

"You know... we already have a plan for that" Jinwoo said instead of Sang Wook. "You know the zero waste club I join... we collected a lot of electronic devices. After we separated all the waste, we are having a hard time to find a place to recycle those tiny wires. So... "

"I asked Henry to send those to the Art Asylum because we can use it for sculpture," Sang Wook said after he finishes feeding Chessa. 

"Aren't you going to eat?" Jinwoo asked. 

"I eat a lot at school. Still full" Sang Wook answered. "About the gift... I have all the material ready. I just don't know what to make" 

"Flower?" Jinhee suggested.

"Dandelion has a good spiritual meaning. It means healing" Hyungwon interrupted. All four children look at him. "Yes, we are still here" he added. 

"Why do I feel like I am sitting with my parents instead of my children?" Jooheon said.

"What time you guys are going to be done with the shopping? We will come to pick you guys up then" Changkyun sound a little sulky.

"Can you guys at least pretend to ask so we don't feel left out?" Minhyuk sounds like he is begging.

"Actually, I need two uncles to help me with the sculpture" Sang Wook said.

"Heavy work or not heavy work?" Minhyuk asked.

"I just need help to separate the copper wire from the cable" Sang Wook answered.

"Take your Uncle Hyungwon," Jooheon said. "He still in recovery. He shouldn't walk much" he added.

"I need someone to go baking shopping with me," Jinhee said.

"You need Uncle Kihyun. But, since he is not available. I will volunteer" Jooheon said while raising his hand. The two exchange sweet smiles at each other and unaware of the jealousy look from Changkyun.

"That sound like I am in charge of decoration. I should go with Uncle Minhyuk. He knows how to decorate well" Jinwoo said. "Plus, I want to play with Chessa"

"Did I just get ditch?" Changkyun mumbles.

"I was going to pick you with Uncle Hyungwon. But, missed the timing" Sang Wook quickly said.

"Why are you choosing them?" Jooheon asked - suddenly curious.

"Copper wire sculpture is very delicate work. Uncle Yun-ie is a neurosurgeon. He is trained to deal with the delicate part of the human body. Uncle Hyungwon just look like he is going to be good at everything he does"

"Your Uncle Hyungwon even messed up in cooking ramen. You should have seen how disappointed your Uncle Hoseok at that time" Minhyuk mumbles and Hyungwon just glare at him. 

***********************

"Wow, this is the first time we see your workshop," Changkyun said - impressed at the size of the workshop and he can see the trace of Sang Wook's hard work almost everywhere in the area. 

"So, this is where you created your masterpiece?" Hyungwon merely saying as he picks up a sculpture of a horse. The details is very impressive - it looks very real. 

"Not really. I usually have more inspiration at home" Sang Wook answered as he bring his uncles to sit at the table where he will be working. "I used this space with the Director. But, he is too busy making business. So, it is just me here" he told them. "I have a gift" he goes under his table and brings out two medium boxes. "This is Uncle Hyungwon-ie. This is Uncle Changkyun-ie" 

"What is this?" Hyungwon takes the box Sang Wook's give to him. When he opened it, there is a dog sculpture inside it - and he recognised it immediately. "Toby?" 

"Yes. I saw him in one of my vision. Look like him, right?" 

"I thought I forgot about Toby. But, I know this is him the moment I see it. Thank you, Sang Wook-ah. I like it very much"

"Why are you giving me a wolf?" Changkyun can't help but admiring the wolf sculpture. The more he stared at it the more the sculpture look real that he almost scare himself - what if it suddenly become alive?

"This is the wolf that you always play with at the lab" Sang Wook answered.

"You can see that memory too?" Changkyun is surprised.

"I thought those just some weird dream. But, after talking to Uncle Hyungwon... I understand what it really is" Sang Wook said as he gets ready to work. 

"You weren't lying when you said you have a wolf as a best friend?" Hyungwon sound surprise. 

"You are clairsentient. You didn't know?" 

"My ability back then is not how it is today. I mean few months ago... I am a mess these days" Hyungwon take a cable out from the box in front of him and casually taking out the copper. 

"Well, at least it gives you closure. Your parents care about you, but too ego to say sorry. Or is it too embarrassed to come to see you?" Changkyun said as he starts his task too. 

Hyungwon shrugged.

All three of them starts working quietly. 

"Is Uncle Owen okay, Uncle Hyungwon-ie?" Sang Wook blurts out suddenly. 

"He is much better these days. If he keeps improving, he might be able to attend Hyunsoo's birthday. Yesterday, he visited his father in the prison. He seems more stable than the last time he sees him" Hyungwon answered. 

"Good. I hope he can come. He is nice" Sang Wook replied. "Aren't you scared of him, uncle? Even though he wasn't aware of what he is doing, he still the one who tortures you"

"When you are my age, you don't get scared easily" Hyungwon simply replied. "Especially, when you are different like me"

Changkyun hissed. 

Seeing Changkyun's finger is bleeding, Hyungwon rushes to take the first aid box which is located at the table behind him. Sang Wook stopped him and take the box from him. He frowned at first then he realized what the boy is doing - he can't help but feel proud at how good Sang Wook at stopping the blood.

"You really know how to clean the wound" Changkyun complimented the boy.

"Of course. I am the eldest son of Sohn Hyunwoo. The youngest Chief of Accident and Emergency Department in Korea" Sang Wook replied proudly, "First aid is a basic" 

"I am not surprised if your papa teaches you some stitching skill too" Hyungwon mumbles. 

"Did you stop Uncle Hyungwon to show off your skill?" Changkyun teases the boy. Both he and Sang Wook are unheard of Hyungwon's mumbles. 

"No. It because Uncle Hyungwon will pick up your sense" Sang Wook answered. "I know he can still pick it up like this, but maybe it will hurt less if he doesn't touch it" he added as he put on a bandaid. 

Hyungwon smiles, "You are just like your mama"

"You have your father look and your mother personality," Changkyun said before kissing the boy's cheek. "Thank you" 

"Exactly. That's why if someone ever said to you that your parents are not your biological parents, ignore them" Hyungwon said. "I was just outside the door when your mama gives birth to you. I know the truth. Or, you can go to your Uncle Minhyuk... he holds you even before your mama hold you"

Sang Wook turns to his uncle and smiles back - understand perfectly the message behind his uncle words. 

"Am I missing something here?" Changkyun asked because he can tell the look in Hyungwon eyes and Sang Wook that the duo is telepathically communicating with each other. 

"Nothing, uncle" Sang Wook said as he returns to his seat.

Changkyun looks at Hyungwon asking for clarification through his eyes. 

Hyungwon shrugged, resuming his task - unintentionally making Changkyun sulked.