Part 80

DESTINY

"It's only three days since you are discharged. Are you sure you can do this by yourself? I can take a leave" Hyunwoo said as he kneel in front of his wife.

Kihyun just nodded.

"Really?" Hyunwoo still isn't convince.

"I know you are worried because I still don't have my sense of balance. But, my muscle strenght is much better than three days ago. The triplet barely waddles, I don't have to chase after them. You don't have to worry about me" Kihyun said to convince his husband that he is capable to watch over their children. The triplet nursery is close for sanitation because one of the babies is diagnosed with some infectious skin disease which mean the triplet need to stay home with him because Hyunwoo have a morning shift today. "Just go, you are going to make Sang Wook late" he added before stealing a kiss from his husband lip.

"I want our special kiss" Hyunwoo said as he move closer to his wife.

Kihyun smiles before kissing Hyunwoo's nose, he smiles even wider when Hyunwoo kiss him on the top of his head. He is a little suprise when Hyunwoo suddenly moves him from the bed to the wheelchair. "Ca... "

"No" Hyunwoo answered without hearing the full sentence. "I know you are feeling much better compare to when you just wake up, still... unless your physical therapist allow you to walk on your two feet, this wheelchair is mandatory. Even Changkyun said your brain test seem like there are short-circuit in it. I know you despise being stuck on the wheelchair but... let's just be extremely careful, okay?"

Kihyun pout a little but he nodded.

"I know you are going to be busy watching over the triplet, but spend some time for your brain exercise too. Okay?"

Kihyun nodded again.

Hyunwoo give his wife a gentle pat before he push the wheelchair out from the room.

Sang Wook is in the living, seem like he just finish changing his little brother clothes. "They are use to their nursery routine. That's why they always wake up early. I already change them, mama. They probably going to spend one or two hours talking to each other before asking for breakfast" he explained as he picking up his school bag, and goes to give his mother a morning kiss and a hug.

"You don't have to send us" Hyunwoo said as he take Sang Wook's bag from his son.

Kihyun just watches them leaving the house from the living room. He keep staring at the door for a few moment even after they left, before he turn to look at the triplet in the play area. He moves closer to the fence - Hyunsik and Hyunki is mumbling to each other, while Hyunsoo is staring blankly to the ceiling.

"He probably wondering why they are still here instead of going with their papa"

Kihyun turn around to make sure he is really alone before he slowly stands up and enter the play area. Since Hyunsik and Hyunki is in their own world, Kihyun choose to go to Hyunsoo.

"What are you looking at?"

Hyunsoo turn to look at his mother. He stares for a moment, before sitting up and goes to his mother lap.

Kihyun welcome his baby boy gladly. He wrap his arms around the baby, letting Hyunsoo to play with his finger.

"Your first birthday is coming. Then, your younger brothers is having theirs next month. I can see I am going to have a headache around this time every year. Why do I give birth to the three of your in a different month? I shouldn't ask Uncle Minhyuk to stop the labor, didn't I? I should just deliver you three together and trust Uncle Jooheon to watch over all of you in the NICU. You will bond better with Hyunki and Hyunsik that way. It kind of making me upset that you often playing alone instead of joining them. Uncle Jooheon is a great doctor, he can take care all of you. What was I thinking at that time?"

As Kihyun is starting to get lost in his own thought, he heard a soft 'Mama'. He look down and Hyunsoo is looking up at him. He makes the boy stand up and face him, "Say that again"

"Mama" Hyunsoo said before he smiles.

Kihyun hug the boy, "I am so proud of you. You was so tiny... and now you can even call me" he release the boy.

Hyunsoo sit down again and crawl away from his mother.

Kihyun just watch the boy heading to the end of the play area. He nodded when Hyunsoo said 'ba-ba' as the boy tries to stand up by using the fence as support. Kihyun is all excited when he sees Hyunsoo starts taking step to him, unsupported. He open his arms as he wait for the boy to reach him, "You can walk?" sounded confused as he catches the boy. "Your brother and papa said you can only waddles a little"

Noticing their brother is having a moment with their mother, Hyunsik and Hyunki become jealous. Both of them decided to ruin the moment. 

"Hi, my babies" Kihyun cooed at the two as he tries to fit all three baby on his lap. Then, he realized something. "Wait a minute" he make Hyunsik and Hyunki stands up again. As if the babies understand what he want, the two starts walking - slightly holding each other hand as support to balance themselves.

Hyunsik starts to babbling. He seem so sincere of telling his story. Hyunki seem like he agree in whatever Hyunsik is saying. Hyunsoo just giggles as  he sit comfortably in his mother lap. 

Kihyun somehow become emotional at how much the triplet have grow up. The tears fall of his eyes and he immediately wipes them away. However, the triplet notices this. Hyunki and Hyunsik return to him, and Hyunsoo is standing up - to look at his mother. 

"I am not sad. Just happy the three of you are growing up well" Kihyun hugs all three babies. 

After feeling a bit calm, Kihyun goes to the kitchen to prepare for the triplet breakfast. Unlike what he promise to Hyunwoo, he ditched his wheelchair - walking around the house with his two legs. He move slowly because he afraid of losing his balance and fall, which may causing him to get scolded later. He know he can't carry the boys to their high chair in the kitchen, so he brings the bowls to the living room and let them eat in their play area.  He know that Hyunwoo has been starting to teach the boys using utensils, so he let them feed themselves. It is obvious that Hyunsoo, the oldest among the three can feed himself better than Hyunki and Hyunsik.

After the babies have their breakfast, Kihyun let them play by themselves as he do some other chores. He goes to Hyunwoo's room to pick up his dirty laundry and saw a photo album on the night stand. Out of curiosity, he take a peek and the first page is a photo of him laying on the couch. 

"This is from when I was pregnant with Sang Wook and Dasom. I got a headaches, I think" 

He keep flipping the pages and finally understand that the photo album is a diary of his pregnancy. Hyunwoo noted the week of pregnancy at the corner. There is also a picture of baby Dasom-ie. Kihyun never see this picture before and he know exactly why Hyunwoo never show it to him. It's her picture after the organ extraction surgery. It's obvious Hyunwoo tries not to get any surgery stitches in the picture.

"I didn't know he's been taking picture of me secretly. He's been doing this ever since he know I am carrying his child... when I was still hiding it from him" Kihyun exhale heavily, "The twins was our mistake. We barely know each other. Yet, he's been secretly care for me since then, he never thought of getting away. I was so lucky to meet him, to have him as my husband" 

He slowly getting emotional again. Even though his morning sickness was severe when he was pregnant with the twins, there is still a lot of picture of him enjoying his pregnancy. With the triplet, most of his picture is in the hospital. He look 'sicker' than when he was pregnant with the twin. All of these picture, helping him understand Hyunwoo's point of view even better. 

"No wonder he is not so fond of the idea having another baby"

The last picture in the album is the ectopic pregnancy scan - their recent miscarriage.

You are not a person yet in this picture. But, thank you for coming to us.

Kihyun smiles a little after reading the notes. He put down the photo album and proceed to do his delayed task - collecting dirty laundry.

He then goes to Sang Wook's room. Instead of a dirty laundry, he find a note. My clothes are already in laundry room, mama. Don't work too hard, okay? I love you.

"It's either he understand me too well or his clairvoyance thing is giving him a heads up" 

Since there is no laundry to pick up, Kihyun decided to clean up his son desk - the arts equipment is pretty much everywhere on the table and some even left on the floor. While he picking up the stuff, he found a thrown away paper on the floor. He check what it is. 

My family and I. I have my parents and my younger brothers. I have my uncles and my cousins. We are all different. But I love every each one of my family because they are mine. I don't need people to understand us because I understand what is mine and what is yours. Yours is normal for you and mine is great for me. 

"What is this? Is this his homework?"

"I told you the wheelchair is mandatory" 

Kihyun turn around and confused when he saw Hyunwoo is at the door. 

"I take a leave because I am busy thinking about you" Hyunwoo said as he goes to his wife  "What's that?"

Kihyun let Hyunwoo read it himself. 

"A new kid in Sang Wook's class seem to be teasing him. I told him to writes his reply on the piece of paper instead of verbally arguing" Hyunwoo casually said. 

"Are you sure it just a teasing and not a bully?" 

"I pretty sure most people in Korea know he is your son and Lee Hoseok is one of his uncle. No one dare to bully him" 

"What are you talking about?"

"The prosecutor office give credit to your firm, for helping their conglomerate investigation operation. You saving Kwon Jinho from buried alive was a talk of the town, your accident was quite a hot topic too" 

"Sound like I have a lot of news reading to do" 

"You do which is why I will do the laundry. You should go watch or play with the triplet"

"The triplet can walk well. Are you sure you don't know or you are just trying to make me feel less left out about their milestone?" 

"I know they can walk. They haven't walk in front of me though. I pretty sure they want you to be the first person to see them walking. The triplet is quite biased" 

"They are not even one years old. Do you really think they can plot that?" 

"Trust me, if there is a baby going to be as genius like Changkyun in the past, it's going to be our baby or babies" 

"I'm not sure if that's a good thing"

*************************

"What are you doing?" Hyunwoo come to join Kihyun in the living room after he done with the laundry. 

"Just thinking"

"About what?" 

"Us" 

Hyunwoo frowned. "Why?" he sound concern. 

"Are you happy with me, Hyunwoo?" 

Hyunwoo is a little taken aback. Even though they don't have a sweet nickname to address each other, they don't call each other with their name either. Now that he think about it, they always have their conversation without the need to call each other. What a soulmate thing, he thought. 

"I was thinking that when I first meet you, I was recovering from my assault. Then, the twin come along. The abduction, and then them..." he look at the triplet before looking at Hyunwoo again, "Fall asleep for months, then got miscarriage. I always make you worried" 

"Most of the event you said is caused by me though. The twins is because of me. The abduction is because of me, Yeojoo was jealous of our little family. The triplet is not solely because of me but I contributed a lot. The miscarriage, that one is solely on me" 

Kihyun laughed at Hyunwoo remark.  

"It's not funny. That's a fact" 

"I remember I was quite moody that you force me to swimming and you try to make me feel better. I don't understand how can we ended up in your bedroom that night" 

"We always started somewhere else and finished somewhere else" 

That one time when they are having 'it' in his car in their garage come to his mind, but he shake the thought away. That's the only time they start and end at the same place. 

"We need to be careful. Sang Wook might notices our 'activity' soon. He might going to think that he will have a younger sibling everytime we share room" 

"Maybe we need to stop using separate bedroom" 

Hyunwoo shakes his head, "We talked about this. I snore and you are light sleeper. Sharing room is going to be a disaster. I don't want to piss you off"

Kihyun nodded as he remember why they continue using different bedroom after their marriage. Well, after they are comfortable and actually accepted the fact that they are married to each other. The first reason why they used a separate bedroom after marriage is because they don't understand the relationship they have and it's awkward to share a same space back then.

"I only have one dream" Hyunwoo blurts out. "I always want a family of my own. You are my dream come true. So, of course I am happy with you" he added. "You was at the peak of your career and I got you pregnant and bring my unresolved issue... do you happy with me, Kihyun?"

Kihyun smiles. "I always told by my doctor since I was a kid, I have a higher chance to carry a child than impregnate someone. Once I understand what that mean, I always wonder if I can be a good mother. You provide answer to my question... and you know I don't really feel my own emotion, so instead of happy I would say that I am feeling safe with you" 

Hyunwoo smiles, feeling proud. Knowing his wife life experience, 'safe' is equivalent to 'love'. 

Kihyun kiss his husband, "I hope you will never have another dream" he said between kisses.

Hyunwoo just smiles it off as he replying to his wife kisses. 

The kisses become intimate for a minute before both pulling away for an air. Mentally cursing at themselves because apparently the triplet is watching them.