Part 70

DESTINY

Three weeks later...

"This is your discharge paper. Show it to the guard on your way out. Let's not meet again" said the psychiatrist - which is equivalent to wishing a good health, before leaving the ward.

"I hope so" Hoseok mumbles to himself as he pick up the discharged paper and put it in his bag. He has been staying in the hospital for almost a month, but he has nothing to pack up. Just a laptop he manages to sneak in without Minhyuk knowledge after getting it confiscated twice by the Obgyn and a few documents which his secretary brings to him upon his request. His phone suddenly went off, it's Minhyuk calling him.

"Hoseok-ah. I am still in the meeting. It's been three weeks since this whole JJ Group versus CHA Group started and it still shows no sign of quieting down soon. Can you ask Changkyun to send you home?" Minhyuk said as soon as his phone call is answered. "Changkyun was on night shift yesterday. It's about time he is going home" he added.

"Did you tell him yet?" Hoseok asked.

"I texted him. I am not sure if he already read it. He hasn't replied yet" Minhyuk answered. "Ok, the BOD is back. See you at home, ok? Love you" he ended the phone call in a rush.

Hoseok look around the ward as he put his phone back in his pocket, sighed a little before he leaves the ward. He makes sure to thank all the nurse for taking good care of him for the past few weeks. He slowly makes his way to Changkyun's department. However, when he pushes the door open - he can see Changkyun is still occupied with his work at the nurse's station. So, he just left the department.

"You are allowed to go home or you are running away?" Owen Grey asked when he sees the corporate lawyer is waiting for the elevator.

"Discharged" Hoseok answered as he looks around. There is no nurse nearby which indicates Owen Grey have sneaked out from his ward again. They used to be a neighbour in the psychology department before Owen Grey is transferred to the ward at the end of the hall - to prevent him from easily sneaked out, the trick is not very successful it seem. Although, Owen Grey did not get charged with any criminal offence - the judge still requested for Owen Grey to get a compulsory mental health treatment until a psychologist or a pyschiatrist or a counselor declared him emotional stable again.

"I am jealous of you. I want to go home too" Owen Grey said.

"What are you doing here? Sneaking out again?" Hoseok asked instead.

"As usual. I am going to Jinho. Then, I am going to see Si Woo hyung and Lawyer Yoo"

Hoseok can't help but to notice that Owen Grey eyes sparkle when he mentioned his brother's name. Though, they are starting on the wrong foot, he can tell that Owen Grey loves both of them unconditionally. "How is Jinho?" he asked.

"He still bummed out. He still trying to accept that he no longer has both of his legs. I promised I will buy him a prosthestic leg once he get better" Owen Grey answered as he entered the elevator. He holds the door for the lawyer, "How is Lawyer Yoo? I heard there was a commotion in the neurology ward last night. His nightmare was so bad that he almost got a seizure"

Hoseok who is about to enter the elevator stopped because of the last sentence.

"Are you coming?" Owen Grey asked.

"You can go" Hoseok said and waves at the man. He makes his way back to the neurology ward after the elevator is closed.

"Hoseok-ah, wait a minute. I'm just going to key in this and I will be done" Changkyun said when he sees Hoseok walking in.

"Can I see them?" Hoseok asked - disregard anything that Changkyun has said.

Changkyun is a bit taken aback by Hoseok tone. But, he still nodded. He left his work and lead Hoseok to the ward at the end of the hall.

The very end of the hall is Chae Hyungwon's ward.
Chae Hyungwon woke up a few days ago. The good news is his brain functioning well, which mean the surgery is very successful. The bad news is Chae Hyungwon need a new heart. Apparently, when he was revived in the post-op ward the other day, his heart muscle is damaged due to all the shock he received. Therefore, even though his brain is fine, Hyungwon can barely stay awake for more than five minutes due to his heart condition. Well, they aren't really sure whether Hyungwon is extremely tired because of his heart or because of all the sensation he pick up from his surrounding. Chae Hyungwon is supposed to be transferred to the cardiology department, but they choose not to, since there are too many patients there. They are afraid it will take toll on Hyungwon's well-being as he is a clairsentient. Plus, his heart rate is much calmer when he is close to Kihyun.

Next to Hyungwon's ward is Yoo Kihyun's ward. The only thing separating them from each other is a glass wall.
Almost a month ago, Minhyuk and Jooheon bring Kihyun's back from Paju. They were told that Kihyun was involved in a car accident, but strangely suffered no serious injury. No one really knows how the accident happened until a few days later, when Hoseok received the CCTV  footage from his not so close friend in Paju. A footage which gives Changkyun an insight to look at this from a different perspective. At first, they are suspecting Kihyun is having a hidden brain injury - an injury which you won't notice until it is too late to get treated. However, after watching the footage, Changkyun decided to track Kihyun's brain pattern and it shows that Kihyun is in REM Sleep - a stage of sleeping where people normally have dreams. Most people also experience a temporary paralysis at this stage, which also known as atonia. They are at least understanding why Kihyun is not able to wake up on his own now. However, they are still confused at why is this condition occured for such a long time. None of the sleep expert understand why either.

"Aren't you going in?" Changkyun asked when Hoseok make no moves.

"Not today" Hoseok answered as he divert his eyes from Kihyun to Hyungwon. The psychiatrist is awake, but barely manage to open his eyes - he has his head facing Kihyun.

"He can barely stay awake, but he still watches over Kihyun every single time he opens his eyes" Changkyun commented.

"Do you think he can feel him?" Hoseok is curious.

"I am not an expert of clairsentient. But, I believe he can. In the article I read recently, it says that the clairsentient see this world through their feeling"

"He is getting worse, isn't he?" Hoseok notice that Hyungwon become much paler than the last time he sees him.

"Sunho is trying to come up with an alternative plan while we are waiting for a suitable heart. He will be fine, Hoseok" Changkyun said as he rubs Hoseok's back gently. "They called themselves a survivor for what they have been through. But, we both know... all those experience doesn't make them a survivor - it makes them a warrior and they are not a quitter. They will fight through this"

"I don't doubt their ability to hold on and get through this, Changkyun. I am just... not very sure, if I want them to come back to this cruel world. They had enough. Life is very unfair with them all this time. Life doesn't deserve them"

Changkyun is shocked at what he heard.

*************************

When Owen Grey entered Jinho ward, he frowned when he sees there is a bandage in his little brother's mouth. He walks closer to the bed and see the notices stick onto the table, 'Do not remove the bandage. Patient may bite his tongue'. Owen Grey gently wakes up his little brother, he smiles a little when Jinho look at him with his drowsy eyes. When Jinho tries to move, that when it come to Owen Grey attention that both of Jinho hand is tied to the bed.

"I will help you" Owen Grey carefully remove the bandage from his little brother's mouth, but he let the hands be - not willing to take any risk. He checks Jinho's tongue and see a little bite mark. "Why are you doing this?" he asked, worried.

Jinho clear his throat, but not answering. He just looks at his brother quietly.

"Is it hurt for you to talk? It's ok. You don't have to answer. I will just sit here and give you company, ok?" Owen Grey sit on the chair and gently patting his little brother head.

"You are so affectionate without the drug and the hynopsis" Jinho finally said something.

"I am a very loving person, you know" Owen Grey jokes. "The therapist is really helpful to make me an emotionally stable person again" he added.

"I know you are. The moment Si Woo hyung brings your back, the first thing you do is asking for apologies... for everything" Jinho exhales heavily, "I can't believe you blaming yourself when all you wanted was looking for you biological family"

Owen Grey did not reply.

"J hyung,  do you remember your promised to me?" Jinho asked.

"Of course. I am still searching for a good prosthesthic leg for you" Owen Grey answered proudly. "I will make sure you have the most comfortable leg in the world" he added.

Jinho smiles a little before he shakes his head. "The promised, you made when we are in the basement" he said and he can see the changes in his brother's facial expression.

"I don't like where this conversation is going" Owen Grey can guess what is playing in Jinho's mind.

"I demand you to make true of your words" Jinho replied.

Owen Greys shakes his head, tears start falling down his face.

"Did you see Si Woo hyung today?" Jinho asked.

"I am going after this" Owen Greys wipes his tears away. "Do you miss him? I can bring you to see him" he added.

"He needs a new heart, isn't he?" Jinho asked making his brother taken aback. "He can have mine" he continued and start tearing when he sees Owen Grey burst into tears. "J hyung, listen to me. It takes two hours for the nurse to move me around, I ... "

"There is hope. You can get better" Owen Grey cut off.

"You promised to get me out. I want out, hyung" Jinho unintentionally get mad. "You promised to help me out" he added after calming down.

"That was when you were locked up. You are free now. We are free now. I will take care of you" Owen Grey almost sound like he is pleading, still crying.

"See? I will only be your burden. You have a life before me, hyung. You don't belong here. If you really care about me, I want you to go back to where you are and move on from all of these. That is what I really want from you. I don't want you to look at me like I am your biggest mistake. I am letting you go for your own sake, hyung. I hope you can do the same. Just let me go" Jinho starts sobbing too.

Owen Greys shakes his head vigorously. "How can I? You are the only family I have left. Please...don't give up on us. You are my flesh and blood"

"I am not giving up on you. I am giving up on me" Jinho takes a deep breath, "You know what Si Woo hyung can do. This world needs people like him. My heart will be more useful with him than with me"

"Just because you lost your leg, it doesn't mean you are useless" 

"This is not about my leg, hyung! I need at least twelve more surgery to fix my bones! Twelve!" Jinho yelled out of frustration. "Don't you remember? 42% of my bones need to be rebuild.... that's a lot of therapy. I don't want to do that" he continued as he cries.

Owen Greys shakes his head before he buried his face on Jinho chest, hugging his little brother as tight as he can without causing him more pain. "How can I leave after knowing you? How can I let you go when all our memories are created in that basement? I want a nice and warm memories with you, Jinho. I love you. I really do" he mumbles without lifting up his head.

"I love you too. It's just some people are only meant to fall in love with each other, but not meant to be together" Jinho replied as he starts sobbing.

Hyejin who have been listening to the conversation from outside the ward is having trouble to control her tears too.

A week later...

"Hi, handsome. You are finally awake" Sunho greeted when he notices his patient is waking up. A surge of panic come to him when the psychiatrist suddenly burst into tears. "Hey, hey. Calm down. It's ok" he said as he checking for the vital sign and everything appear to be normal. "Does the tube bother you? I will remove it, ok?" he pulls the cart closer. "This is going to be uncomfortable, but bear with me" he said as he started to remove the intubation tube as gently as he can. He immediately replaced it with an oxygen mask and guide Hyungwon to breath through it.

Hyungwon try to calm himself down as his breath through the oxygen mask, but failed miserable.

"Are you hurting anywhere? Can you tell me where is it?" Sunho asked.

Hyungwon just shakes his head, unable to talk as he sobs.

Sunho is confused. Then, he remember what day is today. "You can feel it, right?" he asked - suddenly feel like crying too. "It's about time for his burial" he continued as he checked his watch.

Hyungwon keep crying like there is no more tomorrow and Sunho just let him be.