Part 50

DESTINY

When Hyunwoo return to the suite, he sees Changkyun is standing outside the washroom and looks distressed. Hyunwoo put the take out food on the table before going to the Neuro. "Stalking?" 

Changkyun almost elbowed Hyunwoo from the shock.

When Hyunwoo take a peek inside the washroom, he can see Kihyun is leaning to the sink. By the way, Kihyun is breathing, he guesses his wife is having a contraction. 

"He wakes up saying he needs to use the washroom and announced that he lost the mucous plug" Changkyun explains. "I called Hyungwon. Harriet is the one who answered the phone. They are in the cemetery. I don't know if I should ask her to tell Hyungwon that Kihyun is in labour so I told her 'send my regard'" Changkyun whispers. "What should we do?"

"We shouldn't bother Hyungwon then" Hyunwoo replied. "Kihyun said you radiate a calming aura when he is pregnant. You should stay here, help me calm him down. Hopefully, Hyungwon will return just in time" he added. 

"But, childbirth freaks me out. I might get stressed and ended up with another seizure" Changkyun is a little frustrated.

Hyunwoo frowned. "First, the headache, and now the seizure. Are you hiding something from me?"

"This is not about me" Changkyun replied as he signalled that Kihyun is coming out. 

"Hi, how are you?" Hyunwoo greets his wife awkwardly. 

"Hungry" Kihyun replied as he let Hyunwoo helps him to walk to the table. "Is there anything I can eat?" 

"I bought a whole-wheat pasta" Hyunwoo makes sure Kihyun is properly seated before he starts serving the food. "Come here" he calls Changkyun who seem a little bit lost to join them.

Changkyun slowly walks to them. He reaches out for the energy drink and casually open the can. However, Kihyun confiscated the can from him before he can take a sip.

"You shouldn't drink that on empty stomach" Kihyun takes away the can and replace it with a bottle of mineral water. He offers a spoonful of pasta, but Changkyun just shakes his head.

Hyunwoo opens another container of whole-wheat pasta and gives it to Changkyun. 

"I'm not hungry" Changkyun replied, finally taking a sip of his energy drink. 

After a few force-feeding by Hyunwoo, Changkyun finally taking the spoon away. "I'm a father of two. I can feed myself" 

Kihyun smiles at the scene in front of him. He never says it out loud, but he actually always feels content at how Hyunwoo caring for Changkyun. When another wave coming, he can't help but grunted a little as he tries to not choke on his food. He let out a little laugh as he finds this situation is funny. He never thought he will be having a meal and having a contraction at the same time.

"You don't seem to be in early labour" Hyunwoo commented when his wife is calm again. 

"It's a continuation from the other night" Kihyun rubs his belly as he had another spoonful of pasta. 

"Shall I check on you?" Hyunwoo asked gently, trying his best to not trigger his wife mild PTSD. 

"Later. Let's eat first" Kihyun simply replied. 

Two hours passed since the breakfast. The labour is progressing quite fast but in a gentle way.

Kihyun is lap squatting on his husband, head rested on his shoulder. Every time he has a contraction he tries hard to not bite his husband out of pain. Meanwhile, Hyunwoo is being his usual sweet husband role by providing his support and distracting him from the pain. Hyunwoo rubs his back, wipes his tears when the contraction gets overwhelming. Hyunwoo also keeps showering him with kisses every time the contraction comes, making the pain become a little more bearable. Most of the time, Hyunwoo will kiss him on top of his head since he will bury his face against his chest for comfort.

"Are you trying to ?" Kihyun mumbles against Hyunwoo's shoulder. He can't help but giggles a little when Hyunwoo is kissing his ears and down to his neck. "It's my sensitive spot," he said when Hyunwoo didn't stop. 

"I know" Hyunwoo simply replied as he stealing a kiss on his wife's nose.

Kihyun lifted up his head and look at his husband, a little breathless from the last contraction he had. "This position is what got us in this mess"

"This position will help you and the baby" Hyunwoo peck his wife. The contraction comes back, but this time Kihyun didn't seek comforts on his chest. His wife maintained his position and calmly breathing through it. Hyunwoo keeps watching his wife's painful expression and it breaks his heart. He cupped Kihyun's face with both hands and rubs his thumbs against the cheeks. Kihyun eyelids and nose is kind of red from holding back his pain. "You can cry if you want" he whispers.  

Kihyun grabs Hyunwoo shirt as if his life is depending on it as the contraction reaches its peak. "I'm feeling something down there," he said when the contraction ended. Slowly opening his eyes again. He smiles when Hyunwoo face is only a centimetre away from him. He kisses his husband on the lip and Hyunwoo replied back gently. 

"Should I check on you?" Hyunwoo asked without pulling away. 

"Yes," Kihyun kiss his husband once again before slowly standing up. He carefully walks to the bed and struggles a little to climb onto it. He didn't even bother to lean on the stacked pillows and just lay down flat on his back. "Too tired to move," he said when Hyunwoo is looking at him with disapproval. 

Hyunwoo lifted up his wife and properly lay him down on the bed. 

Kihyun groans a little, but not from the pain, it's from the shock. He didn't expect Hyunwoo is strong enough to carry him and their unborn child like this.

Hyunwoo reaches out for a blanket and covers his wife's lower body with it. He cleans his hand with a sanitiser before checking his wife dilation. "The thing you are feeling is your water bag. It's popping out a little and you are almost seven centimetres dilated" he kisses his wife left knee before reaching out for the wet tissue to clean his finger. 

Kihyun sighed in frustration as he gets into a butterfly position. "I dislike the transition phase the most," he said as Hyunwoo is taking a seat behind him after throwing the wet tissue in the trash can. Quietly, giving him back massage. "You are good at massaging" 

"Thanks to Google. I learned a labour pain massage online" Hyunwoo planted a kiss on the back of Kihyun's neck.

"Stop doing that. You are tickling me" Kihyun let out a little laugh as he rubs his baby bump. Hyunwoo however didn't stop. His husband just keeps teasing him. "Hyunwoo, Changkyun is going to come out of that washroom anytime now. You don't want to get caught" he leans forward to get away from Hyunwoo before turn back to look at his husband. "I'm in labour. Stop, teasing me" he reprimanded his husband. 

"But, it helps with the pain" Hyunwoo simply replied as he kisses his wife on the lips. The kiss was only intended to be a quick one, but somehow it develops into something intimate. 

Changkyun walks out of the washroom after bathing Baby A and mentally curse himself at his bad timing. He initially wants to ignore the couple, but it seems like they are about to get carry away and he knows he has to do something. "Baby number four is coming and you guys are already working on baby number five" he blurts out as he put Baby A in the bassinet. 

Thanks to the sudden contraction, Kihyun don't have time to feel embarrassed by the comments as he struggles to breathe through the piercing pain in his belly. He can feel his baby descending slowly and it makes him whimper in pain. 

"It's ok. Mama is just guiding your twin to his or her way out" Changkyun said to Baby A who seem surprised with the sound. The baby suddenly kicking and squirms excitedly. "You are happy to see your twin again, but please stop moving so I can put on your clothes" he cooed at the baby, carefully dries the baby hair and got distracted when Kihyun let out a loud grunt. 

"It's ok. It's just your water breaking" Hyunwoo told his wife as he gets into position in between the spread leg. 

With the water bag is gone, there is no more cushion between his baby head and his opening causing the pushing pressure to drastically get intense. 

"Don't push yet. Just breathe through it" Hyunwoo whisper as rubs his wife's thighs. 

"Should I get the nurse?" Changkyun mouthed. His focus is on the couple while his hands are busy putting on the clothes on Baby A. 

Hyunwoo just shakes his head. He did not want to take a risk triggering Kihyun's mild PTSD and he was pretty sure having a stranger in the suite will trigger it.

"You are mean" Kihyun blurts out when the contraction is over. He's tiredly leaning to the stacked pillow behind him, eyes lost focus a little. 

Changkyun looks at Hyunwoo as he holds Baby A in his arms. "What did you do?" he whispers. 

"Probably just the pain talking" Hyunwoo whisper back. "Baby formula is in the third drawer" 

Changkyun walks away from the bed and takes the baby formula from the drawer before he goes to the pantry. He makes sure he holds Baby A properly in one hand and using his other to make the milk. His phone suddenly vibrates in his pocket. He fishes it out and he uses his shoulder to support the phone as he continues making the baby milk. He grimaces when Kihyun loudly groaning behind him. 

"What is that?" Minhyuk asked from the other line. 

"I'm not very sure, but I think that is just Kihyun pushing his baby out" Changkyun replied, torn in between whether he should turn around to confirm or not. 

"Kihyun is in labor and no one tell me?" Hyungwon sounds furious. 

"You are occupied" Changkyun simply replied. Baby A suddenly crying. "Sorry, guys. Need to go" he ended the phone call and left his phone on the counter. "Slowly," he said when Baby A instantly su-cking hungrily on his bottle. 

"Tiny pushes or you are going to tear," Hyunwoo said to his wife, the baby is slowly crowning.

"That's the contraction" Kihyun tries to listen to his husband advice, but the contraction is too strong. He can feel his baby is moving without even pushing. "It's not stopping" one hand is grabbing the pillow behind him, another is pulling his right leg so the baby has enough space to come out. 

Hyunwoo is a little taken aback when the baby head pops out and he can see the umbilical cord is wrapped around the baby's neck. "Gentle, Kihyun," he said as he tries to release the cord. 

"What are you doing?" Kihyun asked, breathless because he can feel his husband hand moving around his halfway out baby. It's hurting him and he needs to know why. 

"Just helping you stretching" Hyunwoo lied. Relieved that he manages to release the cord from the baby's neck without complication.

Kihyun wanted to argue, but he barely has enough breath for pushing. He takes a huge breath before giving a big push, pulling back both of his legs as far as he can to accommodate the baby shoulder. Once the shoulders pop out, the rest of the body easily sliding out. As soon as the baby leaves his body, he falls flat to the bed.  

"You did it," Hyunwoo said as he slides the baby under Kihyun's shirt so the mother and son can have skin to skin contact. He can't help but feeling a little emotional when Kihyun looks down at their baby and immediately smiles. It's as if he didn't just go through excruciating pain just now. 

"What are we going to do with three boys, Hyunwoo?" Kihyun mumbles after checking the baby gender. The baby slowly stopped crying and slightly opening his eyes. "Hi there. I'm your mother" he said then turned to look at his husband. He's a little taken aback when he sees Hyunwoo is crying. "Why? What's wrong?" he asked, concerned. 

"Nothing. I'm just very proud of you. You are so brave" Hyunwoo cut the umbilical cord then crawl to his wife's side. He kissed him on the forehead and carefully hug him, mumbling 'I love you very much. He pulls away when Changkyun comes to them with Baby A. He takes the baby from the Neuro and holds him closer to his newborn twin. "Look who's here"

Both babies are looking at each other as if they are asking 'who are you' through their eyes. 

"They don't recognize each other" Kihyun find they are cute staring at each other blankly like that. 

Baby A starts making a weird sound in his father arms. Baby B makes a reflex smile at the sound. Baby don't have their real smile until they are a few months old.

"Wow, they are like dolphins. Communicating through squeaking" Changkyun commented. 

"Does dolphin even squeak?" Hyunwoo returns Baby A to the Neuro. 

"Don't make me laugh. I'm still in pain" Kihyun hissed a little. 

"Sorry," Hyunwoo said as he takes Baby B from his wife. "Rest a little while I'm going to clean him" he peck his wife and left with the newborn. 

Changkyun put overly excited Baby A in the bassinet and goes to take some water for Kihyun. When he returned, Kihyun seems like he is having another contraction. "Afterbirth?"

Kihyun just nodded. He takes the water cup from Changkyun and takes a sip. He returns the glass to Changkyun before he leans back to the stacked pillow and tries to relax a little. However, the afterbirth pain is just getting stronger and it makes Kihyun uncomfortable. He starts squirming, trying to find a better position to ease the pain. 

Changkyun takes a wet towel and uses it to wipe Kihyun's face. 

"Changkyun-ah" Kihyun sound a little unsure. He is reaching down between his leg and isn't very sure of what he was touching. 

"What?" Changkyun starts to feel uneasy. 

"I'm sorry, but can you..." Kihyun can't finish his sentence when a full blast contraction suddenly hit him out of nowhere. 

Changkyun lifted up the blanket to see what is happening. His eyes become twice their size. He isn't very sure either, but it looks like a hair, bulging out. 

"Please, tell me it's not what I am thinking" Kihyun pleaded. 

"It depends on what you are thinking" Changkyun replied and was shocked when Kihyun suddenly hitting him. "Why are you hitting me?" 

"You jinxed me. You mentioned baby number five earlier." Kihyun is annoyed. A painful moan followed right after. He ended up pushing again.

Changkyun gets in between Kihyun's legs. It's too late for a glove so he just cleans his hand using the sanitiser. "Too strong, too strong. Slowly" he sounds a little panicked when the baby head pops out so suddenly. 

"I hate you, Im Changkyun" Kihyun said as he tries to control his breathing. 

Hyungwon and Minhyuk entered the suite just in time. 

"He still pushing?" Minhyuk sound worried as he stands behind Changkyun, trying to understand what is happening.

"Is something wrong?" Hyungwon asked. Genuinely worried as he let Kihyun hold onto his hand. Another hand is supporting the latter head.

Hyunwoo comes out of the washroom after cleaning his newborn son and is surprised at the scene. "What's going on?" he asked while approaching the bed. 

Both Hyungwon and Minhyuk is confused at the baby in Hyunwoo's arms. It's too big to be Baby A. But, Kihyun is still pushing so the baby can't be Baby B. 

Kihyun let out a loud groan as he feels the baby shoulder is coming out of him. It's pretty obvious that all of his children are taking after their father body figure - wide shoulder. The shoulder always hurts more than the head.

Changkyun catches the baby and immediately put the baby on Kihyun's stomach. He rubs the baby chest a little and the baby burst into crying.  "Introducing the fifth baby and the fourth son of the Sohn-Yoo couple," he said. 

"He's tiny" Kihyun says after taking a look at his newborn. He is too tired to hold the baby. Baby C is looking the same size as Baby A when he was 17 days old. 

"Don't worry. By listening to the crying sound, we can tell he has a very strong lung" Changkyun said.

"I still hate you a little, Im Changkyun" Kihyun replied before he drifts away to sleep. 

The three doctors are looking at Changkyun, asking for an explanation through their eyes. Changkyun just replied with an awkward smile.