Part 48

DESTINY

Jooheon pushes the suite door open and takes a peek inside. He sees Kihyun is standing near the window, probably spacing out while rubbing his baby bump. Jooheon knocks on the door to get his attention. "How are you feeling?" he asked when Kihyun turn to look at him. 

"Tired" Kihyun replied as he walks to the couch. "What are you doing peeking like that?" he asked as he struggles to sit down.

"You look like you needed more sleep" Jooheon replied.

Kihyun just smiles. He looks this way due to his false labour last night after his 'little outing' trip with Hyungwon. "Baby B decided to prank me and Hyunwoo last night," he said while trying to get comfortable on the couch. 

"I heard from the nurse just now, which is why I'm checking if you are in the mood of seeing someone. We will come back later if you need me time" Jooheon explains. 

"No, it's ok. Please come in. It's good to have a distraction rather than letting my mind gone wild" Kihyun replied in an instant. When Jooheon push opens the door wide, Kihyun wonders if there is more than one guest. However, all the uncomfortableness and soreness he was feeling immediately went away when he sees Jooheon pushing in a bassinet. "Is that him?" Kihyun asked, though he already knows the answer. 

"Yes, mama" Jooheon put the bassinet near the bed and lifted up the baby carefully. "Baby A is here to see you," he said as he put the baby carefully in Kihyun's arms. 

"Hello" Kihyun greet his baby boy with a smile as he wraps his arms carefully around his baby. The baby is looking at him with a little frown on his forehead. "Don't you remember me? I come to see you few times in the NICU. I haven't held you before, but we hold hands many times" he said as he starts playing with his baby's tiny fingers. The baby starts smiling and making some tiny sounds. 

"He is very expressive" Jooheon commented as he takes a seat next to the mother and son. "He always replies to me with his facial expression when I talk to him" he added. "For someone who is born early, he is quite advance" he complimented. 

"Is it ok to bring him here? You said last week that his immune is still weak" Kihyun suddenly sound worried as he looks at the paediatrician. 

"That was last week. This week he is strong enough to live with his family. He is no longer need to stay in the NICU" Jooheon replied as he flashes his dimpled smiles. "But, if you want I can send him to the nursery until you give birth to Baby B" 

"No, I want him close. It's enough separation for us" Kihyun said as he gently kisses his son on the hair. "Mama missed you a lot, ..."

"What?" Jooheon is alarmed when Kihyun suddenly stops talking and looking blank. "Is it the contraction?"

"No" Kihyun laughed a little at Jooheon panicked behaviour. "I just realized we haven't named him yet. He is weeks old and he still doesn't have a name" 

"Well, we registered him under a temporary name until he is given a birth name. It's Sohn-Yoo but the nurses keep mispronounce his name as Shownu. He naturally got known as Shownu pretty much everywhere in this building" Jooheon explain.

"My son has a name and I don't even know?" Kihyun sounds upset. "But, I don't think we can keep using that name though. Hyunwoo and I agree to let Sang Wook pick a name for his siblings" he added. 

"I know. He asked Harriet and Henry to help him. They came up with dozens of names but the last time I check 3/4 of the list is crossed out" 

"I expected that. Sang Wook is determined to be a great big brother, he only wants the best for his baby siblings. Harriet is a perfectionist. They are a deathly combo, I bet Henry doesn't say much and just follow what they said" 

"Exactly. He is very looking forward to his camping trip tomorrow. He said he needs to take a break from Harriet" 

"He said that now. Trust me, he going to miss her as soon as he leaves tomorrow. If there is a possessive and obsessive older sibling award, Henry would be won it for sure"

"Next on the list is Sang Wook" 

They both laughed a little. 

"He is 32 weeks old and still needed so much care to grow up this strong" Kihyun said after a moment of admiring his baby who is falling asleep in his arms. "Hyungwon is only 24 weeks and he straight away saving a life" he mumbles. 

"I was with Minhyuk yesterday. We are working on the same case. When he checks on Chessa baby monitor recording, I was happened to be close by him. It was shocking and heartbreaking to hear that. I just hope this doctor is no longer practising. What the doctor did was very dangerous to the baby and the mother" Jooheon sighed. 

"Did Changkyun know?" Kihyun asked and receives a head shakes.

"Not yet. He's still in the OR" Jooheon let out a little sigh. 

"Have you heard about him today? I mean Hyungwon. When he sent me back last night, he said he have suicide watch duty" 

"I don't know where he is. But, I heard there are three new suicidal cases coming in yesterday. He's probably occupied" 

The door is opened and Hyunwoo walks in. "I go upstairs to find my son is missing" he exhales a relief breath. 

"I texted you. Don't be so dramatic" Jooheon replied. 

"I left my phone here" Hyunwoo goes to the drawer and pulls out his phone from there. The screen shows three new messages from Jooheon, two missed calls from Jooheon and another four missed calls from an unknown number, most likely a scammer. "He is sleeping," he said when he sees his son. "Come, let me put him in the bassinet" 

"But, I want to hold him" Kihyun sulked a little when Hyunwoo take the baby away from him. 

"You barely slept last night. You should be resting" Hyunwoo didn't even look at Kihyun's face because he knows the moment he looks at his wife's face, he will return the baby to him. 

"Ok, I should leave. Don't want to be the third wheel" Jooheon said and left.  

Hyunwoo helps Kihyun to stand up and help him walk to the bed. "You will go into labour anytime now. You should rest every time you can. You gonna need energy" he nags at his wife. 

"Wow, you actually can nag" Kihyun replied as he lay down on the bed. "Why are you here by the way? It's working hours. You should be in your office, Chief" he continued. Even when Hyunwoo is not on surgical duty he is always occupied with the department management, which is why Hyunwoo only come to see him during recess or after working hours, though they are basically in the same building. 

"I applied for a leave. After last night, I want to be with you all the time" Hyunwoo said as he tucks Kihyun properly on the bed. "Now, close your eyes" he ordered. 

"You think I'm five?" Kihyun replied. 

"You better go to sleep, Mr. Yoo. Or, I will make you tired enough to even open your eyes" Hyunwoo is in between teasing and threatening. 

Kihyun frowned and he remembers what happened last night.  

"It's an hour passed since the last contraction. I think it's just a false alarm" Kihyun mumbles as he removed his leg from Hyunwoo lap and stand from the couch. "This is irritating. Would you help me and get this done at once?"

"What are you talking about?" Hyunwoo said as he stands up and helps Kihyun to support the baby weight. 

"S_ex" 

Hyunwoo is shocked but he managed to play it cool. 

"Come on. Or_gasm help to stimulate my uterus. S_ex releases oxytocin, isn't that the hormone that helps contractions? I watched a documentary a few days ago and it shows that your seed may help to soften my cervix"

Kihyun then shakes his head, slightly feeling embarrassed. "In my defence, I am still slightly under drug influence and I was kind of exhausted last night. That was just a rambling" 

"I know. You should sleep while this little one is sleeping too" Hyunwoo said as he rubs his wife's belly gently. There is a movement but not much. It's like Baby B is just turning slightly in his sleep. 

Kihyun obediently forcing himself to sleep, though he is not actually feeling sleepy. 

Hyunwoo was checking his email on his phone when Hyungwon comes to the suite. "Hello, fighter," he said to the psychiatrist who instantly joins him on the couch and cuddles with him. "Tired?"

"Extremely" 

"I think you should take a leave. After what happened, you need time to take care of yourself. We can't provide you care like what you have provided to us, Hyungwon. You need professional care and I am sure you are well aware of that" 

"I know. I may be reckless with my physical health, but I take my mental health very serious" Hyungwon replied. "Don't worry. I may never talk about my family to you guys, but I talked about them a lot to my therapist. I am fine, really. Yesterday is just a phase. We all have that breakdown moment at least once in a while" he takes a look at sleeping Kihyun. "I am glad Kihyun was with me when that happened. He was calm and it helps me calm too. Imagine if I was with Minhyuk, bet we both gonna have a mental breakdown together. Yesterday...was such a close call. If I have an actual breakdown yesterday, I might not be coming back...ever" he stares at the white wall, slowly losing in his thought. He was thinking of the worst possible scenario that could happen yesterday.

"What make you think we will give up on you that easily?" Hyunwoo asked casually. "Even with an emotional shutdown, we will bring you back. If you can't believe in us since we are easily emotionally affected, at least you can count on one person for sure. Im Changkyun. That kid would never give up without a fight"

Hyungwon just smiles it off. "Any sign of the baby coming today?" he changes the topic.

"Not sure. Kihyun is just falling asleep. Except, for the uncomfortableness...he complaints nothing" Hyunwoo replied as he takes a quick look at his wife and son before the turn to look at Hyungwon again. "Tomorrow is the burial. Are you going?" 

"I don't think I can look at my grandmother without getting emotional. She is all alone now and I don't think I can take over my father responsibility to take care of her"

"You can do it, Hyungwon. You just not mentally ready yet"

"Maybe," Hyungwon said and followed with a yawned. 

"Don't fight it. Just sleep. Kihyun may or may not have the baby today, but, you need to be on standby. You are an important person at the baby birth arrival more than I am, Hyungwon" 

"Ok, I will only take five" Hyungwon replied and fall asleep almost instantly. 

"I bet you won't wake up until tomorrow" Hyunwoo mumbles as he put away his phone. He then wraps his hand over Hyungwon thin body and let the psychiatrist using his shoulder as a pillow. "Your parents created you for your sister's cure and you grow up thinking you are broken goods because you can't save her. That's not true, Hyungwon. You have become more than they intended you to be. You healed the silent illness, you put the lost soul back on the right path. You are extraordinary and now, they will watch over you from up there... and they will see that you are the greatest gift they ever created" he said as he gently pats the psychiatrist's head. "They will be proud of you, Hyungwon" he snuggles to the psychiatrist as he tries to get comfy, slowly drifting off to sleep.