Part 78

DESTINY

Monday come faster than they expected.

Kihyun sits on the couch as he watches Hyunwoo and Sang Wook get the triplet ready for school. He can see that Hyunwoo improve a lot in child care from the last time he remembers. Sang Wook too. 

"Okay. You guys are done. So, I am going to bring mama to the car then I will come back for your guys" Hyunwoo said as he left the play area and head to his wife. "Hold me" he whispered as he lifted Kihyun from the couch. 

Kihyun helped with the door and just stared closely at his husband face as they head to their car. "Why do I feel like we are still newlyweds when we already married for years?" he said when Hyunwoo let him sit at the front passenger seat. 

"Maybe it because of your love hormone" Hyunwoo replied, quick kissing his wife and return to the house. 

Kihyun looks around and notices his car is nowhere to be seen. The image of the truck coming to his way come to his mind. He shakes his head to get rid of the image and try to focus on something else. He realizes that Hyunwoo has changed his car. Both of them used to drive an SUV. Assuming his car is no longer can be fixed, which make him carless - Hyunwoo has traded his SUV with a KIA Carnival. He remembers very well ever since the triplet born; it's hard for them to move around with only one car. If Hyunwoo is driving with the triplet, Kihyun will drive with Sang Wook. Also, vice versa. 

"Mama" Sang Wook called his mother gently. He's been calling for his mother for a few time now. 

"Yes?" Kihyun finally realized the children are already in their designated seat. "Where is your papa?" 

"Papa is going to change his clothes" Sang Wook answered. "Are you okay, mama?" he asked. 

"Yes, I am okay. Maybe a little nervous about my appointment later" Kihyun answered as he smiles. 

"Mama will be fine. Uncle Changkyun will take care of you just fine. Like he does with Uncle Hyungwon" Sang Wook replied confidently.

Kihyun keeps smiling as he takes a look at each of his children. "Sang Wook-ah... do you want another younger sibling?" 

"I don't mind at all" Sang Wook answered without really giving it a thought.

"Do you want a younger brother or a younger sister?" Kihyun asked. 

"I am not picky. Boy or girl. I will love them either way. They are my younger sibling. They are mine" Sang Wook said as he is double-checking his school bag. "But... a sister would be cute, I think. I mean there is four of us here, we will protect our younger sister very well. I can see Hyunki will be involved in a lot of fight for her already" he added. 

Kihyun laughed a little. He agrees with Sang Wook. Among the four of them, Hyunki seems a bit temper than the others. He tends to use his big size and strength to bully the others too. Of course, this behaviour needs to be fixed, but Kihyun is really relieved that the triplet is still how he remembers them to be. The only thing change with the triplet is their size. Even the tiniest Hyunsik among the three feel so heavy in his arms when he tried to carry the baby yesterday. 

***************************

Hyejin checks on Owen Grey in his bedroom before she left the house for work. The man is still sleeping, and Hyejin let him be. She reminds the maid to always keep their eyes on her grandson before leaving the house. The traffic on Monday are usually unusual heavy than any other days, but today the traffic seems light. Since she can reach to the office faster, she decided not to read anything in the care like she usually does and enjoys the morning view. 

The driver dropped her in front of the main entrance. She gets off and heads to the lobby, straight to the elevator. The company building is still quite empty as it still too early. Only a few janitors can be seen, and she makes sure to greet each one of them. When she stepped out from the elevator, she sees the door of the CEO office open. 

"Did Dr Lee is here already? The meeting starts at 10" she mumbles to herself as she heads to the office. "Dr Lee... " she paused when she saw her grandson, is in the office. "Si Woo?" she asked in disbelief.  The man is standing near the table in the middle of checking some document. This feel like a dream to her. 

Hyungwon put down the document he is reading and look straight to his grandmother's eyes, "It's Hyungwon" Hyungwon corrected. "I am Chae Hyungwon" he added after a silence awkward between them.

"Yes. Hyungwon-ie. Chae Hyungwon" Hyejin said to correct herself. "What are you doing here, Hyungwon?" she asked - still wondering is she is sleeping even after the word change between them. 

"Minhyuk have something to do. So, I thought I might just... replacing him" Hyungwon answered. His mind is busy thinking about something else. "Hoseok is here too. He goes to the washroom" he added. 

Hyejin smiles. "The BOD will be surprised to see you." 

"Madam Han. Good morning" Hoseok greets. 

Hyejin turned around and smiled at the lawyer. "I don't want to disturb you guys. I will go to my room now" she said before leaving the two-man. 

Hoseok notices Hyungwon is holding his chest. "What is wrong?" 

"Jinho really loves her" Hyungwon answered as he walks to the chair to sit, leaning back to catch his breath. 

"Is this ever going to stop? You are picking up Jinho's memory and feeling" Hoseok look at Hyungwon worried. 

"I don't know" Hyungwon answered before he sighed. "But, it helping me get some closure with my family" he added. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Through Jinho's heart, I can feel how much my mother and grandmother was longing for me. I can feel it, in his memory - Jinho wishes to bring me home to make my grandmother and mother happy" Hyungwon explained. "He comes to the hospital a few times, but he don't have the nerve to talk to me.  So he just watches me from afar. Sometimes he brings my mother along. This heart of Jinho is letting me know that I was missed. It's too late, but at least I know that my mother cared about me. She wanted me back." 

Hoseok is just listening. He can see that the psychiatrist is having a flashback in his mind.

"My father... he is just too ego to admit that he missed me too" Hyunwoo sighed. "I think... I gave up on my family too easily." 

"There is a fine line between giving up and had enough, Hyungwon. You have no reason to stay back then, and they never try to give you are reason to. Don't regret it."

"I know," Hyungwon said before he closes his eyes to control make his heart rate normal again. 

***************************************

"Dr. Lee. The test is back"

Minhyuk takes the test - thanked the nurse before letting her return to her work.

"What does it says?" Changkyun asked - anxiously reading his friend facial expression while the latter going through the result.

"It's an ectopic pregnancy," Minhyuk answered after he went through the result thrice - making sure he wasn't reading it wrong. 

Changkyun wipes his face in frustration, "He just wakes up and now this" 

Minhyuk looks at Changkyun. It pretty obvious that the neurosurgeon is still in a mess. "I know what you are feeling guilt for, Changkyun. He made it that choice himself. You never asked him to replace you." 

"I know. I just wish things were different sometimes" Changkyun replied before he stands up. "I will come with you" he added. 

Minhyuk held his arms up as he watches the neurosurgeon walk out from behind the counter then wrap his arm around him when Changkyun come to his side - they entered the ward together. 

"Both of you are here. That's not a good sign" Kihyun commented when he saw the two surgeons walking in together. 

"Where is Hyunwoo?" Changkyun asked as he looks around the ward. 

"He is taking something from his office" Kihyun answered. "It's ok. You guys can tell me. I think I have proof enough how strong I am for the past few years. Whatever it is, I can handle it. Go ahead" he added. He takes a look at Changkyun face then Minhyuk. Judging by the expression, it is obvious Minhyuk is the news bearer. "Is this about the baby?" he asked.

Minhyuk starts with clearing his throat, "The result is back and... it's an ectopic pregnancy" he drops the news.

"A what?" Kihyun is not familiar with the term.

"An ectopic. It's a pregnancy when a fertilised egg implants itself outside the womb. It usually implanted in one of the fallopian tubes - a tube which connects the ovaries to the womb. There is no way we can reverse this. Not even in a normal female pregnancy. It won't develop into a baby, and your health may be at the risk if the pregnancy continues. The risk is even higher for an interse-x like you. So, removing it is the best choice we have" Minhyuk explained. 

"It's okay. I know something is wrong when you scan me earlier" Kihyun replied. "Hyunwoo and I have prepared ourselves. I mean... the accident and I falling asleep long enough for me to lose my muscle strength and body coordination. This is kind of expected" he explained. "Just... can I still carry a baby after this?" 

"Yes. Studies show that up to 80 per cent conception after ectopic pregnancy will go on to have a live birth no matter how it is treated" Minhyuk answered.

"I am so sorry" Changkyun said. 

Kihyun smiles at the neurosurgeon. "It's okay. That's all I need to know. The triplet needs me more than a younger sibling anyway" he reaches out to hold Changkyun hand. "I am fine. Don't blame yourself for what happened in the past, Changkyun. If Hyungwon did not hide you in the storeroom that day, God knows what you might become today. Things happen for a reason, Changkyun... and that night, it's a turning point for you. I never blame you for anything. So, don't look at me like you have sinned against me. You didn't. Okay?" 

"I know. Just... it still doesn't feel right" Changkyun takes a deep breath. "I am still working on it" he added as he fixes Kihyun's bang. 

"Good. Next time I see you, I would like to see the smiles you always give me when we were at the villa. I missed it a lot" Kihyun said, and Changkyun breaks into a tiny laugh before he flashes his smiling. 

Minhyuk smiles a little at the scene in front of him. A classic Kihyun's behaviour, he thought. Even in his worst state, Yoo Kihyun never failed to think about others. 

"So, how are you going to remove it?" Kihyun asked before he turns to look at Minhyuk - diverting his eyes away from Changkyun. 

"From what I see in the ultrasound, it still very small. We can prevent the pregnancy from growing using medication and monitor your hormone through blood test until your HCG is gone. No inter-course in the next three month, the longer, the better because the medication can be harmful to babies. It's better to have the drug trace completely vanish in your system before conception. Or, we can remove it through surgery. Less pain, faster recovery" Minhyuk answered as simple as he can. 

"You know I hate getting cuts," Kihyun replied instantly. 

Minhyuk nodded. "I know. So, I will get you to transfer to my department. Then, we talk more about the procedure," he said before leaving the ward. He sees Hyunwoo returning to the ward.

"The test is back?" Hyunwoo approaches his friend. 

"Yup. It's an ectopic pregnancy" Minhyuk answered. 

"You told him?" Hyunwoo received a nod. "How did he react?" 

"He said you and him have been preparing for a bad news" Minhyuk replied. "I don't know what you have told him, but he looks very calm." 

"He was the one who told me not to get excited until we get a proper test. Guess his maternal instinct is telling him something. He grows up without a mother love, but he is such a loving mother himself. I need to treat him better" Hyunwoo replied.

"You grow up without a family too. You are an amazing father yourself."

Hyunwoo is busy thinking about what can he do for Kihyun to hear what Minhyuk was saying.  "Are you moving him to your department?" he asked after losing in his own thought for few seconds. 

Minhyuk nodded. "You know what... let me know when you guys are planning to have the daughter that Kihyun's always wanted" he whispered. 

"Why?" Hyunwoo replied - whispering back. 

"Four unprotected se-x and Kihyun is pregnant thrice. Let's not take any risk, okay? I mean you guys can end up with a son or multiple sons in the next conception. Let's have a plan. God know how many boys you guys may end up having before the girl come out" Minhyuk explaining, still whispering so the other people won't be hearing them. 

"Well, it's a good thing we practice safe se-x all the time. Except, for those four times" Hyunwoo shrugged. 

"If I remember correctly, two out of the four-event, one of you was drunk" Minhyuk added.

Hyunwoo shakes his head for only he knows why. "Can we actually determine the baby gender before the conception, though?" he got curious.

"There is no guarantee. But there are a few precautions we can take. I think around 60 to 62 per cent of my patient succeeded in pre-determine their baby gender before the conception" Minhyuk replied. "I will see you later, okay" he added before leaving the neurosurgery department. 

Hyunwoo goes to his wife ward. He stopped at the door. Kihyun and Changkyun are talking to each other. They look happy - probably talking about their memories in the villa. Hyunwoo is not sure why though - the ectopic pregnancy news is devastating, but he just feels content seeing the two is able to smile while talking to each other.