Part 58

DESTINY

"I'm home" Sang Wook announced. He heads to the living room. His little brothers is in their play area playing with each other. He put his stuff on the floor and go to the kitchen to wash his hand. 

"Sang Wook oppa" Chessa greets him. 

"Wait Chessa. I need to wash my hand first" Sang Wook said as he climbs the stool and wash his hand thoroughly. Chessa comes to him with a tissue. "Thank you" he said as he dries his hand. 

"Why is it so quiet out there? Where is your mama?" Hoseok asked. He is in the middle of preparing lunch for the children. 

"Mama said he had to go somewhere" Sang Wook simply answered. "Should we go play outside?" he asked Chessa. 

"I want to be with daddy" Chessa said. 

"It's ok, Chessa. You can play with Sang Wook oppa. I'm almost done" Hoseok said. "Sang Wook-ah, can you eat curry lamb?" he suddenly asked.

"I like curry lamb" Sang Wook answered. He sends signal to Chessa to come with him, but the girl just shakes her head as she hugs her daddy leg. 

"Alright. Then, two of us will eat curry lamb. The rest is going to eat carrot porridge" Hoseok said, completely not aware with the silent communication between the two children.

"Hyunki loves carrot porridge so much" Sang Wook replied. "Last week, papa let them taste the carrot porridge for the first time. Hyunki eat two bowls of it. How do you know they like carrot, uncle?" 

"Well, it's your mama who make the porridge. I'm just re-heating it. You guys can wait outside, Sang Wook. I will come out soon" Hoseok said. 

"Let me help you" Sang Wook casually climb the chair so he can take the bowl from the rack. "I don't like carrot. I prefer broccoli" he mumbles to himself as he takes out the non spill bowl for the triplet. 

"Me, me" Chessa said as she held her hand out. 

"Here, the triplet bowl. Can you carry it?" Sang Wook asked concerned. But, Chessa just happily bounces to her daddy with the bowls without much difficulty. "She is strong" Sang Wook complimented.  A voice of crying can be heard from the living room. "I will go check on them" he informed as he runs out from the kitchen. 

Hoseok waits for a moment in case if the crying did not stop. But, Sang Wook is such a competence older brother. The crying stopped immediately as soon as the boy goes out. "Sang Wook oppa is very charming, isn't he?" he said to Chessa. The girl just smiles at him. "Chessa-ah, Sang Wook oppa and Henry oppa.... which one do you like the most?" he asked. 

"Sang Wook oppa" Chessa answered instantly. 

"Why?" Hoseok asked as he scoops the soup into the bowl. No answer from Chessa. "Don't you think Henry oppa can take care of you better? He is bigger and older" 

"I like Sang Wook oppa more" Chessa insisted. 

"Aigoo, my daughter is having a crush already" Hoseok mumbles to himself. 

Kihyun parked his car. He switches off the engine and get off of from the car. He enter the building and head to the elevator. When the door is opened, Changkyun is inside it, looking a little blank and a little daze. "Are you ok.?" Kihyun asked as he entered the elevator. The door is closing. But, since Changkyun didn't seem like he wanted to get off, he just let the door close.

"What are you doing here? Hyunwoo said you are giving him a me-time. Who is taking care of the children?" Changkyun replied. 

"Hoseok is home with them. I have already picked up Sang Wook from his Art Class and drop him off at home before coming here. I meet Jooheon at the Art School. Why didn't you tell me Harriet has a culinary art competition today? I can go and watched her" Kihyun replied as he get into the elevator. He can see that Changkyun is mentally slaps himself. "You forget?" he makes a guess. 

"I don't really talk to my children these days. But, I see her notes on the fridge. I know about the competition, but I wasn't paying attention on the date" Changkyun sighed. 

"You need to take some time off, Changkyun. You are going to burnout yourself if you keep working like this?" Kihyun is concerned. 

"Said someone who too busy to drop by because he is occupied playing detective" Changkyun replied. 

"At least I still have time for my husband and children" Kihyun said. "Changkyun-ah, can I asked you something?" he asked after a moment of second of silence.

"About what?" 

"Hyungwon have a soft spot for you. Every request from you, he never said no. Including, that one time when you asked him to open your Pandora box. May I know why?" 

"He said no specific reason. He just feels like I am a little brother he never have" Changkyun simply replied. "Hyungwon just, generally a gentleman to anyone younger than him. He is very lenient to Jooheon too. Why are you asking?"

"Just out of curiosity. When you are away, he thinks about you a lot more than Hyunwoo does. It's very upsetting he can't recognize you now" 

"The Hope Foundation had discharged him to Dr. Daniel Lim. Due to some protocol, I have to keep treating him as Daniel Lim. He has no memory of Daniel Lim, though. Should I just tell him my real name?" Changkyun scratches his temple in frustration. "He can't even remember Minhyuk or Hoseok. My name is not the issue here. His brain is" Changkyun suddenly get lost again in his mind. 

"If the surgery, stress you out, maybe you shouldn't do it. Minhyuk told you he didn't mind taking care of Hyungwon no matter how bad he will get, right? So, does every each one of us" Kihyun said. 

"That's not how a surgeon function, Kihyun. Surgeon doesn't give up, we improvise. Even if there is only 5% chance, we hold onto it. That's how we are trained" 

Kihyun smiles. The door is opened. "If you said so" he patted the Neuro shoulder. "Are you coming with me?" he asked. 

"I come here this morning and Hyunwoo told me to go to sleep. Do you think he will know I come back here without going to sleep?"

"I will cover you" Kihyun said as he hold Changkyun's hand and make him walk with him. 

They makes their way to the end of the hallway where Hyungwon's ward is. They paused for a moment when they see the chaotic situation inside. Hyungwon appear to be on the edge of mental  breakdown. Hyunwoo is hugging him to calm him down. While, Minhyuk seem to be whispering to the psychiatrist. They are both rushing into the ward. 

"What happened?" Changkyun asked as he try to check on Hyungwon's vital. 

"He shows symptoms of remembering" Minhyuk answered. 

"You are real" Hyungwon said frantically when he laid his eyes on Kihyun. 

"What are you saying?' Hyunwoo turn around and surprised by his wife's presence. "What are you doing here?" he asked his wife. 

"Let me try" Kihyun said instead. He can tell that Hyungwon want to come to him, but since Hyunwoo is hugging him, the latter cannot do so. Kihyun slowly approaching the group as he removes Hyunwoo's hand from Hyungwon's body. "Hi, Si Woo" he said gently. 

"You are real" Hyungwon said again. But, calmer this time. 

"Yes, I am" Kihyun replied. He doesn't know what is that mean, but Hyungwon seem relieved when he said it. So, it must mean something to the latter.  "You can touch me" he added. 

Hyungwon slowly raise his hand and carefully touch Kihyun's face. The moment he touches Kihyun's face, he couldn't hold his emotion and burst into tears. He lost strength in his leg.

Kihyun's manage to catch him, but they both ended up kneeling on the floor. 

"It's ok. You can cry" Kihyun whisper as he gently rubs Hyungwon's back.  He is a little taken aback whe Hyungwon suddenly hug him and cries on his shoulder.

The other three is looking at them with a confused look.  

****************************

Kihyun come out from the ward after making sure Hyungwon is actually sleeping. He smiles a little when he sees the three surgeons is sitting on the floor in the hallway. Hyunwoo is sitting on the middle of Minhyuk and Changkyun. 

"Shuussh" Minhyuk said to Kihyun as he gesture him to come over.

"He just falls asleep" Hyunwoo whispered as he wraps his hand over Changkyun's body properly. 

Kihyun slowly walk to them and sit in front of his husband. "He looks tiny in your embrace" he said. 

"Every one looks tiny next to Hyunwoo" Minhyuk blurts out. "What just happened, Kihyun?" he is asking about Hyungwon reaction to the latter. 

"I was showing our family picture to him. Then, I accidentally show your picture holding Chessa. I thought it was Chessa picture that triggered him, but it seems like I am wrong. He remembers you" Hyunwoo explained.

"I told you. Chessa is my phone wallpaper. Hoseok too. He looks at her picture countless time. He didn't react to her, at all" Minhyuk sound a little mad. 

"I think it's because of... I was the last person he think about before whatever happened to him happened. Remember, how Changkyun is feeling attached to the sky after he wakes up because that's the last thing he saw before he lost consciousness? The same concept might happened here" Kihyun explained. "The drawing you send to me. That is the reason why I come here" he said to Hyunwoo as he fish out his phone from his pocket. 

"What about the drawing?" Hyunwoo seem confused. 

"My former client's, her daughter went to a drawing therapy before. The daughter was bullied at school and somehow lost her ability to speak from the trauma. She expressed herself through drawing. But, no therapist can help me translate what she says because everyone I meet is not looking at the complete picture" Kihyun said as he scroll something in his phone. "Hyungwon saw the picture on my table when he comes to pick up Sang Wook. He helped me cracked the code" he shows the picture on his phone screen to both Hyunwoo and Minhyuk. 

Both Minhyuk and Hyunwoo gasped at what they see. 

"If you look at it by pages, it looks like an ugly absract picture. You put the picture together, it's a whole potential crime scene" Kihyun said. "There is two car and three men standing facing each other. Judging at how the car light is switched on and the background is dark, it implied the scene in the drawing happened at night. There is a building in the background too. I asked him, if this is what he sees or what his experience. He can't remember" he continued. 

"Wait... " Hyunwoo seem to recognize the venue. "Isn't this somewhere here?" he asked. 

Minhyuk look at the drawing carefully. One car seems to be coming out from the Block B multi-storey parking lot and the other one seem to be blocking the way. "I think you are right. It's Block B parking building" 

"Are you guys sure?" Kihyun asked. 

"Yeah. This is a Block B parking block. It's next to the Emergency Centre. I don't park here anymore. I prefer to park my car in Block A, it's nearer to the child care facility. Easy to drop off the children at their nursery and kindergarten. But, I pretty sure this is it" Hyunwoo explained.

"Hyungwon and I usually park here. Our department is in the Block D, but it connected to Block B multi-storey parking" Minhyuk reaffirmed.

"This is where the bus accident happened. I almost exploded in it. There is no way I can mistaken this place" Hyunwoo added. 

"This path is connected to the Emergency Centre?" Kihyun asked. 

Hyunwoo just nodded. 

"Is that mean he was attacked here?" Minhyuk sound shocked. "Is that mean someone is following him?" he said in a lower volume this time because he feels like Changkyun is about to wake up. 

"If someone is following him here, that's led to few scenarios. It's either his former psycho patient, relapsing or those criminal he helps put behind bars is seeking revenge" Kihyun said.

"Or, someone is following us from the cemetery" Minhyuk stated. 

"You seem to be very convince this got to do with his family inheritance" Hyunwoo said. 

"Dear Chief Sohn, Chae Hyungwon can read people like he read books. He never let down his guard unless he trusted the person he talk to. If he can read people hidden feeling just by the word they said, you don't think he can tell if someone is going to hurt him?" Minhyuk sound a little annoyed. 

"He is in emotional distress. There is a possibility he isn't focusing" Kihyun mumbles. 

Minhyuk sighed. 

"Don't fight" Hyunwoo said, naturally make a white noise when Changkyun suddenly squirms in his arms. "How about you guys go check the CCTV footage?" he suggested. 

"Will they let us see though?" Minhyuk sound sceptical. 

"They will. I'm the Chief of Accident and Emergency Department, remember? This route is under my jurisdiction as it connects to the Emergency Centre. I will give them a call. You guys can go" Hyunwoo said as he takes out his phone and make a phone call. 

Kihyun roughly dragging Minhyuk to come with him, making the latter grunting in annoyed. 

**********************

"Our system automatically puts any footage on cloud every six hours. We rarely check on the footage unless there is a complaint" the security guard explains as he play the video recording. 

When the video is played, they can see that Hyungwon is driving out from the multi-storey car park in Block B. He suddenly stopped. They can't see why he do that, but judging at the bright light directed to Hyungwon's car, it pretty sure there is a car blocking him. Hyungwon come out from the car, probably to tell the other driver to reverse. A few seconds later, a stranger shows up in the video. He get in Hyungwon's car and drive away. 

"They know how to avoid the camera" Kihyun whispered. "Do you have another camera in this area?" he asked. 

"No, since it's an exit. One way route. There is only one camera there" the guard answered. 

"Can you give me the footage?" Kihyun asked. 

"I can release the footage if there is reasonable reason to do so. What do you need it for?" the guard asked. 

"I need it to be exhibited in my investigation application" Kihyun simply answered.

Minhyuk is looking at his friend in surprise. 

"This recording just affirmed Hyungwon's drawing which raise a reasonable doubt. It's a valid reason to start an investigation" Kihyun briefly explain. "It's time to do this properly, Minhyuk. I can stop playing detective now and let the real detective do their job. But, I'm gonna file it under your name though. You are pretty much his avatar right now" he added. 

Minhyuk can only sigh as he reminisces his court days with Hoseok.