Part 71

DESTINY

Hyunwoo is sitting on the couch with Sang Wook cuddling with him, the triplet is in their fenced play area. Both of them are looking at the triplet playing with each other in silence. Except for the noise the triplet made every now and then, the house is completely silent.

"Papa" Sang Wook called for his father. "It thinks it's about time" he said.

Hyunwoo nodded at his son and slowly force himself to get off the couch, walking hand in hand with his son to the door - leaving the triplet to play by themselves. When Hyunwoo open the door, an ambulance is entering the front yard. "Wait here" he said to Sang Wook before he approach the ambulans.

Sang Wook is curious, but he listens to his father and didn't move even an inch.

"Sorry for the delayed. Something comes up with the administration" Changkyun said as he gets off from the ambulance. "The kids wake up already?"

"Yes" Hyunwoo answered, eyes fixed on his wife face. He can feel the nurse is staring at him, but he ignores her. "I will carry him inside. I don't want to scare the kids" he added.

Changkyun just nodded - he gives a light pat on Hyunwoo back as the man gets in the ambulance. Then, he notices Sang Wook is standing at the door. He gives the boy an assuring smile, the sweet boy replied with his best smiles - and it breaks Changkyun heart. When Hyunwoo carried out Kihyun from the ambulance, Changkyun can see the changes in Sang Wook face clearly. The boys goes from smiling brightly to worried in a split second - he looks like he is about to cry when his father passing by him, carrying his unconscious mother.

"Poor boy. I hope Lawyer Yoo will wake up soon. The children need him. The triplet isn't even a year old" the ambulance driver commented.

Changkyun did not say anything back. He just leave, letting the nurses and the driver bringing all the stuff inside. He kneel in front of Sang Wook, "Mama is just sleeping, Sang Wook-ah. Mama is ok" he said before he carried the boy in his arms. Sang Wook hug him tightly and Changkyun can tell that Sang Wook is holding back his tears. "You can cry if you want to" he whispered and Sang Wook instantly cries his heart out.

*******************

"Are you going home after this?" Minhyuk asked as he makes sure Chessa seat belt is properly fastened before he get off the car. He looks at Hoseok from the opened window.

"I am going to Kihyun" Hoseok answered. "I am sure Hyunwoo need help to watch over the kids" he added after a moment of silence. "Why are you looking at me like that?" he asked.

"You hate violence. But, today.... you didn't move even an inch to stop the fight. You feel different ever since you got discharged. Is everything ok?"

"I wasn't the one who started the fight" Hoseok simply replied. "If Hyungwon is awake, let him know that we both missed him" he added before waving to Minhyuk as he scroll up the window then drive away.

Minhyuk sighed, "Something is wrong with him". He watches the car until it disappears before making his way to Hyungwon's ward.

"How is the funeral?" Sunho asked when he sees the Obgyn walking into his department.

"Heart-breaking" Minhyuk answered as he leaning on the counter. "The police bring Cha Juhyeon to let him give his last respect. Owen went berserk. He was cursing and hitting his father. The police didn't actually tries to break them off and the psychiatric nurses are just watching. Like everyone is just letting Owen is unleashing his anger. If Jooheon isn't there, Cha Juhyeon probably is a dead man right now" he exhales heavily, "Something Owen said today break my heart into pieces. Like I can really feel it shattered"

"What is it?" Sunho cannot help but curious.

"I come here because I want to be healed. But, you break me even more. I dreamed about you a lot - a father who will never hurt me. But, you broke me - I can't even tell who I am anymore. You are devil" Minhyuk scratches his head. "Can you imagine? He lost his family and he comes here to mend his heart. Instead of getting healed, he lost everything he has"

"He was getting better. Then, Jinho passed away.... he will go back to square one" Sunho sound upset. "By the way, Hyungwon wake up. To be more specific, he wakes up crying. No talking. He cries until he falls asleep. I don't know if he cries because of today is Jinho funeral or because of Yoo Kihyun is going home"

"Ever since I know that he is a clairsentient, I am very careful around him. I don't come anywhere near him even if I feel a slight emotional" Minhyuk replied. "Do you think is it ok if I go inside like this? I am still affected by Owen's word. I mean - if Chessa ever said those words to me, I would crash"

"You are devil? I doubt Chessa would ever say those words to you or Lawyer Lee or Hyungwon. Especially, not to Hyungwon"

Minhyuk smiles at the implied reference to Hyungwon clairsentient ability.

"He had a brain surgery, then he had a heart transplant. If I am in his state, I would love to see some familiar faces around me when I wake up"

Minhyuk agreed with Sunho words.

"Especially, the person whom I trusted with my life. I would love to see him the most" Sunho continued.

Minhyuk could not help but let out a heavy breath. Every time he reminded of that topic, he can feel something tingle inside him - he does not know why or what though. He bid his farewell to Sunho then he goes to Hyunwon. He slowly takes a seat on the chair next to the bed, watching the psychiatrist sleeping face. He watches him closely and mumbles, "Why do you trust me that much, Hyungwon-ah?"

***********************

"Why do you help me?" Cha Juhyeon asked. "Even the police do nothing to stop the fight. They were just pretending. You are no one. Just a stranger. Are you the type who like to meddle with something isn't yours too?"

Jooheon who is cleaning the scratch mark on the man face just stay silent. Even though, he never actually takes  interest in psychopathology - his experience working in Seattle give him a lot of exposure to people with mental disability. This guy in front of him reminded him of his former patient there, a child with a sociopath father. Very good at manipulation and only able to feel emotion on someone close to him. Cha Juhyeon reminded him of the father a lot today.

"You have children, right? I saw the two kids following you around" Cha Juhyeon is still trying to make the doctor talking. "Seeing my child beating me up at my own child funeral, did it scare you? Making you think you will disappointed them?"

"I am not sure about everything else. But, one thing for sure - I would not bury my child alive" Jooheon suddenly feel mad when the man suddenly talking about his children.

Cha Juhyeon smiles.

"I am not helping you. I was helping Owen. He gone through a lot because of you, and that's enough. I will not let him go to prison for beating you up"

"That eyes of you, I like it. If you wasn't a doctor, I think you will kill me right now"

Jooheon smirks, "That's something you should be grateful about, don't you?"

"Is that a threat? I might come out early, you know. My legal team is appealing against my sentence. Are you sure you want to make a mess with me?"

"Well, do you want to make a mess with me?" Jooheon replied as he finishes up his dressing.

"Brave. I like you a lot" Cha Juhyeon replied as he watches the doctor left the room.

"It's done" Jooheon told the police and both of them immediately go inside. There is still a few people in the funeral house, probably the friend of Kwon Jinho. He sees his children is sitting with Hyejin in the hallway. He walks to them. Jinwoo sees him and come running to him.

"Jojo, can Harriet and I accompany Uncle Won-ie grandmother? She is sad" Jinwoo whispered.

"How about Uncle Yoo? This morning you two are so eager to see him today"

"Let's just go to Uncle Yoo tomorrow. Uncle Owen is going back to the hospital. Uncle Won-ie grandmother is all alone. The feeling after the burial is the most terrible feeling I ever feel, Jojo. I don't want Uncle Won-ie grandfather face those feeling alone" Jinwoo explained.

Jooheon smiles at his son before he nodded, letting the boy return to Jinhee and Hyejin. He watches Jinwoo and Jinhee comforting Hyejin from a far, feeling content and proud. It's all thanks to Harriet, though - a sister who have been strongly protecting her siblings at the darkest time of their life. Jooheon never meets the girl, but she has all of his respect and admiration. The fact she manage to protect her siblings innocence and positively up bringing them while facing a lot hardship - making him think a lot of the eulogy made by Hyejin today.

"It makes us wonder why the good people are always the one who left early. Well...that's because when we are in the garden, we picked the most beautiful flower. It will be painful for awhile, but we need to remember that death only ends a life, not a relationship"

Hillary  passed away years ago, but Jinhee and Jinwoo still talk about her like she were just leaving yesterday. Sang Wook did the same about his twin, Sohn Dasom - despite they never grow up together. The love of his life too - especially when Changkyun is making a decision, he often caught the latter says 'Will Dasom do this?' or "You are going to make her furious, Changkyun-ah. Stop thinking about it".

Relationship really does not end with death.

***********************

Changkyun leans on the door with his hand cross in front of him, watching over the family.

Kihyun is laying unconscious on the bed - attached to a brain activity monitor, some IV drip to make sure he got his daily nutrition, a tube to help him urinate. Next to him is his children and his loving husband. Hyunki keeps trying to climb onto his mother's stomach and Sang Wook keep preventing him from doing so. Hyunsik is sitting calmly in his father's lap, while Hyunsoo is busy trying to stand up, but keep falling due to the bed soft structure. Hyunwoo seem content that his family is all together in one place.

Something that Changkyun always feels hard to understand. The ability of Hyunwoo to feel content in every little thing he have is something incomprehensible. Knowing the man for years, Changkyun never see Hyunwoo showing even a slightest of greed - Hyunwoo got to where he is now because of his hard work, not his desire.

"Any changes?"

Changkyun is shocked with the out of nowhere question from Hoseok. Chessa is giggling probably from seeing his reaction. "Stop being a ninja, will you?"

"You are the one who too focus on them" Hoseok simply replied.

"Oh, it's Uncle Hoseok and Chessa" Sang Wook saw them as he physically trying to restrain Hyunki from climbing their mother - deep inside, he wonders how can Hyunki fight him back while making a mental note to never piss the baby off when he grow up later.

Hyunwoo turn around, smiles at Hoseok who is replying with a force smiles. 'Minhyuk is right, something is off about Hoseok' he thought to himself. "Come here, Chessa" he called the girl.

Hoseok put down his daughter and let her walk to the bed by herself. He watches Hyunwoo help Chessa climbing the bed with a smile.

"Mama, Chessa is here" Sang Wook tell his mother. Of course, there is no reaction.

"Mama Yoo is sleeping. Be quiet" Chessa said to the triplet who is fighting over her.

"They like you so much" Hyunwoo said as he patted the girl head gently.

"I like them so much too" Chessa replied as she smiles widely.

"I will go prepare something to eat" Hoseok said before he left the room.

Hyunwoo and Changkyun exchange a quick look between them before Changkyun goes after Hoseok.

"What should we eat today?" Hoseok asked as he goes through the fridge. "Did Hyunwoo even eat at home these days? All this is baby food" he mumbles to himself.

Changkyun quietly sits on the kitchen counter while monitoring the lawyer. He smiles when Hoseok turn around and shocked at his presence.

"Is that a payback?" Hoseok said as he goes to sink with a kimchi box.

Changkyun did not answered.

"What? Do you want something?" Hoseok is irritated with Changkyun constant staring.

"An hour ago, Sang Wook cry his heart out" Changkyun blurts out and making Hoseok look at him in confusion. "Then, he stopped. You know what he said?"

"What he said?" Hoseok asked, confused at the direction of this conversation.

"I am the eldest son. God gives me a twin, but He takes her back because He knows I can take care of my family well by myself. I shouldn't cry right now"

Hoseok frowned.

"Sohn Sang Wook lost his twin at birth. His mother was abducted and almost died. His father was injured in an explosion. He watches his mother struggle to bring his little brothers into this world. His uncle is dying - he knows there is nothing much he can do, so he prayed. For us, everyday"

"I am not following" Hoseok frowned even more.

"I've been there, Hoseok. When things are bad, when you see bad things happened to the good people... it makes you wonder - if God is real" Changkyun can see the 'did I just got caught' expression on Hoseok face. "When my sister passed away and I couldn't even buried her, I hated God with all of my existence. The irony - because I exist because of Him"

"I don't have a faith issue" Hoseok replied as he clears his throat.

"You do. You just don't notice it yet"

"and you can?" Hoseok unintentionally sound sarcastic.

"Been there,done that. My faith was tested, and I left. You know what happened? He didn't leave me. When I was abandoned on the street to die, He picks me up and even send me home. He didn't forget me like I thought. We are tested because faith is not a faith if you only believe when things is good"

Hoseok suddenly feels like crying. Changkyun really 'hit home' with the last sentence.

"Sang Wook is just a child and his faith is tested countless time. Yet, he didn't quiver. We have a lot to learn from that boy, don't we?"

Hoseok wipes the tears that have successfully escaped his eyes.

*************************

"Hi" Minhyuk greet when he sees Hyungwon is waking up. He smiles as he patted the latter hair gently. "How are you?" he asked.

Hyungwon did not answer, he just keeps looking at Minhyuk face.

"Do you need anything?" Minhyuk asked, ignoring the fact that he is being ignored. "Anywhere uncomfortable?"

"My heart" Hyungwon blurts out with his hoarse voice. "It's bothering me so much"

"I will go get Sun..." Minhyuk is about to leave but Hyungwn is quick to stop him.

"That's not what I mean" Hyungwon said weakly. "This is his heart, isn't it?"

Minhyuk just nodded. There is no way of lying to this man anyway. "You feel him" he commented.

"When I was a child, I wanted to change my heart so I can stop feeling everything" Hyungwon takes a deep breath, "... my heart changed and I am still feeling everything, including his"

"What did he feel?" Minhyuk asked.

"Love, lots of love. He loves everyone... " Hyungwon starts tearing, "... he love too much that he gave up his life for me"

Minhyuk is shocked.

"It's even... before he takes his last breath, he forgives everyone" Hyungwon is crying. "How can he forgive everyone? How can he do that? How can he gave up his life for me?" he starts sobbing.

"Hyungwon, shuusshhh..." Minhyuk instinctively get on the bed and cuddles the psychiatrist to calm him down. "It's ok. Everything will be ok. We will be ok" he whispered repetitively.

"What happened?" Minhyuk asked as he runs to Hyejin.

"The oxygen tube is loose" Hyejin answered as she hold Owen Grey as tight as she can - the man was crying his heart out already.

"That's negligence. The..."

"No... " Hyejin cut of the Obyn, "... I don't want a legal proceeding. I just... it just if he didn't make it, can I donate his organ?"

"He is a registered organ donor" Owen Grey said while sobbing.

"If he is registered, of course he can" Minhyuk replied.

"Can you ask your friend to check if he is matched to Si Woo?" Hyejin asked.

Minhyuk finally understand why Hyejin or Owen Grey refuse to start an official investigation regarding that incident. The oxygen tube wasn't loose because of the hospital staff negligence - they are the one who makes it that way.