Part 53

DESTINY

When Kihyun wakes up, it's already night. The image of the triplet come to his mind. It makes him rushes out from his room and bumped to Hyunwoo  right outside of his bedroom. Luckily, the door behind him is already closed. Otherwise, he might fall directly to the floor and mess up his stitches. He unconsciously groans in pain loudly and that makes Sang Wook come running to check on them. 

"Should I call an ambulance?" Sang Wook asked sounded panicked. 

"It's ok, papa got this. Can you go check on your brothers for me?" Hyunwoo just tries to make Sang Wook busy. So, he can give a proper care to his wife.  As soon as he watches Sang Wook have gone to the nursery, he carefully lifted up Kihyun back to the bedroom. He slowly put him down on the bed and his wife almost instantly goes to a fetal position for some sort of comfort. Hyunwoo just sit on the bed and rubs Kihyun's back gently. 

"It will be weird if I return to the hospital after only a few hours of discharged, right?" Kihyun mumbles after the pain subside. 

"You don't have to, if you let me check you first" Hyunwoo answered gently. "What are you feeling?" he asked almost whispering. 

"I don't know. It just... kinda sting down there" Kihyun answered as he tries to breathe properly again. 

"Let me just..." Hyunwoo slowly make Kihyun lay on his back and covered his wife lower body with the blanket. He carefully removed the sweatpant and check if there is a need of immediate medical assistance.

"Do I need re-stitches?"

"No, you are ok. Since we are at it, let me just help you clean your wound" Hyunwoo goes to the closet. He takes everything that he needs and return to the bed. "This might sting more, but bear with me ok?" he said and gently started to sterile the stitched area. 

Kihyun just close his eyes and try to focus on something else. "This is crazy" he blurts out. 

"What is crazy?" Hyunwoo simply asked, trying to divert his wife focus from the pain. 

"You come here to rent a room and now you're a part of my life. We got pregnant before we even fall in love with each other. Now, we are proud parents of five children and still using separate bedroom" Kihyun explains. 

Hyunwoo smiles. "Separate bedroom and we have five children. Imagine if we share bedroom" 

Kihyun take a look at his husband's face. "Per-vert" he didn't actually mean what he said. It's just a joke and Hyunwoo understand him because that man is just laughing it off. 

"Why are you rushing out? Are you having a nightmare?" Hyunwoo reaches out for a new sweatpant from the hospital bag which is still unpacked on the bed. Then, skillfully help his wife to put it on. 

"No, I haven't fed the babies since I come home" Kihyun answered, sound a little guilty. "Why don't Hoseok wake me up? Or, you? Why don't you wake me up? When did you reach home?"

"Couple of hours ago" Hyunwoo smiles as he subconsciously rubs his wife's belly. "Do you really think we are going to let the babies starving just because you are sleeping?"

"I'm not that stupid" Kihyun replied. "But, Hyunsik can't drink baby formula. He needed more nutrition than Hyunsoo and Hyunki. I don't think I have pumped enough to last for a day" Kihyun tries to sit up. 

"About that, you needed to pump more. I feed Hyunsik his dinner and the storage is empty" Hyunwoo casually lifted his wife making Kihyun startled. "What? You think I'm going to throw you down. I'm taking you to the living room for your dinner" he explains.

"That's look only for me. You and Sang Wook had your dinner already?" Kihyun asked when he sees only one food tray set on the table. 

"We ate before coming home" Hyunwoo put his wife down carefully on the couch. He makes sure Kihyun is comfortable before he pass the food tray to him. "Harriet is so worried we feed you some instant food. So, she and Jooheon dropped by earlier to send us a week's supply of postpartum diet for you. All I need to do is heat it in the microwave until it cooked" he explains as he feed Kihyun.  

"Taste so much better than hospital food. Maybe you should suggest the VIP centre to hire Harriet as their cook" Kihyun said.  

"I will raise that issue up in the next meeting" Hyunwoo smooches his wife. "I will go check on the boys. Eat slowly" he said before leaving to the nursery. 

Hyunwoo stop in front of the door as he watches Sang Wook is sitting on Hyunsoo bed. He takes a look at the other two, Hyunki and Hyunsik is in deep sleep. He wanted to walk in, but stop when he heard Sang Wook is saying something to Hyunsoo.

"Did you meet mommy and noona in heaven, Hyunsoo?" 

Hyunsoo cooed. 

"You missed them? I missed them too. Sometimes. I never met them in person. I grow up with Dasom in mama's womb. But, she left to watch over you and Hyunki and Hyunsik in heaven... before I can see her"

Hyunsoo makes a longer sound this time. 

"It's ok. Mama and papa will be busy at times, Hyunsoo. They won't be always with us. But, that's ok... you know why? Because papa and mama love us very much. I am sure we will get into a fight sometimes, like Henry and Harriet, but I love you, Hyunki and Hyunsik too. Uncle Hyungwon said, love will always make things better. So, we just got to love each other harder and everything will be just fine" 

Hyunwoo is touched. He doesn't know if he should be proud that Sang Wook is too mature for his age or should he be worried, but all he knows, he is proud that Sang Wook is his and Kihyun's child. 

"Papa?" Sang Wook notices his father presence. He climbs out from Hyunsoo bed and makes sure the safety gate are locked. "Is mama ok?" he asked.

Hyunwoo smiles. "Yes, he is having a dinner in the living room. Shall we go and accompany him?" 

"Yes, but can we bring Hyunsoo too?. He is awake. He will be bored here" Sang Wook replied as he watches Hyunsoo who seem amazed of the ceiling. 

"Of course" Hyunwoo replied and he entered the nursery to take Hyunsoo out from his bed. "Let's go to mama" he said as he holds Sang Wook hand and carried Hyunsoo in another. 

When they almost reach the living room, the first thing they see is Kihyun coming out from the kitchen with a jug of water. Sang Wook let go of his father's hand and rushes to his mother. "Mama must be thirsty" he said as he takes the jug and carried it to the living room. He refilled the empty glass on the table and patiently wait for his parents to reach the couch. 

"You should wait for me" Hyunwoo said as he supports his wife with one hand. 

"Stop treating me like I had a major surgery or something" Kihyun make sure Hyunsoo is safe in his father arm. 

"Giving birth is a huge deal, Kihyun. You had three babies. That's massive. Stop making it sound like you just had a walk in the park and slip on the pathway and sprained your ankle. You had a rapid labor with this little one here..." Hyunwoo shows Hyunsoo to his wife. "... almost got a heart attack. You don't get to tell me to stop. You make me a father and I can babied you all I want" he nagged at his wife.

"I like it when your 'I'm in charge' side come out. You have good leadership. It's no wonder you become the youngest Chief of Accident and Emergency Department" Kihyun replied. 

"I'm not your leader, Kihyun. I am your husband and my job is to make sure you have a comfortable life" Hyunwoo quick kiss his wife. 

Kihyun smiles. "Trust me, I am way passed the comfortable life. Having five men to love at the same time? This is heaven" he kissed his husband back. 

Hyunwoo just smiles widely that his eyes disappear for a moment. 

************************

"Awww....she already sleeping" Hoseok commented when Minhyuk open the door for him with a sleeping Chessa in his arms.

"You are late. She was waiting for you" Minhyuk replied. "Hyunwoo leave work early today. Why are you coming home late?" he asked out of curiosity. 

"I dropped by at the office. There a few documents that I need to sign" Hoseok replied as he put his shoes on the shoe rack and then close the door behind him. "Did she look for his Baba today?" he asked as he walks side by side with Minhyuk. Admiring Chessa sleeping face. 

"As usual, Hoseok. She loves sleeping with her baba. I pretty sure if she can talk properly, she will ask me about him. Why her baba didn't come to see her for a week?" Minhyuk take a seat on the two seated sofa, giving enough space for Hoseok to sit next to him. "She baby talk herself to sleep. She is probably asking about him, but I am too dumb to understand what she is saying" 

Hoseok let out a little laughed. After the funeral, Minhyuk have been crashing at his apartment. He can see Minhyuk is very worrying over Hyungwon, but the latter said nothing about it. "Is he still ghosting you?" he decided to ask.

"He's not ghosting me, ok? He just needed space and time to think" Minhyuk replied. Letting Chessa sleeping on his body more comfortably. 

"It's been a week. I didn't know for sure, but I can tell, you haven't seen him for a week. You heard nothing from him for a week" Hoseok replied. "If you two are in some sort of relationship, ghosting is going to end everything you have with each other. You know that, right?" 

"I trust him, Hoseok. He will call when he is ready" Minhyuk simply replied.

"Are you sure he isn't going to just disappear? He left his family" 

"Are you trying to pick a fight with me?" Minhyuk turn to look at Hoseok. He sighed. "Judging from your face... I can tell something happened. Tell me what is it" 

"Do you happen to watch a news today?" Hoseok asked. 

"No, why?" 

"There is a news report that JJ Group is filing a legal action against Chae Hyungwon. They wanted him to prove that he is Chae Si Woo before he can succeed his father" Hoseok briefly explains. 

"Hyungwon have no interest of the inheritance. You know that" 

"That's his family legacy, Minhyuk. After all these years, that is the only thing his parents left for him. Don't you want him to fight for what is his?" 

"You saw how he cries at the cemetery, Hoseok. He is the strongest among us, that is true. But, if we keep pushing him to his limit... he will break. I don't want that to happen. Especially, when none of us can give him help like what he's been doing to us all these years. I love him and I know you do too. We don't hurt people we love, ok" 

"But, we support them so they can be better and have better thing" Hoseok tries to argue. 

"Chae Hyungwon is different. He is not like Yoo Kihyun, ok? Your Kihyun forgive and forget. My Hyungwon forgive, but he never forgets. Besides inheriting billion of dollars, what's good for him? I've told you before that we don't know what is hidden behind that door, Hoseok. Do you really want to open it?" Minhyuk rebut. "Just because Kihyun had a visit from his past and he survives it, doesn't mean Hyungwon will too" he was talking about the time when Kihyun was kidnapped by his ex-girlfriend. 

"Do you aware we sound like parents who fight over their favourite children?" Hoseok replied, tries to ease the 'getting tense' situation. 

Minhyuk sighed. "You often claim Kihyun is your baby. Hyungwon told me to stop acting like I am his mom multiple times. So, maybe... we are fighting over our favourite children. Just leave him alone, ok?" 

"When you first meet him, how was he?" Hoseok suddenly asked and Minhyuk just stares at him blur. "When I first meet Kihyun, he was just a bully victim. By his peers, his family, pretty much everyone in his life. Not only verbally, but also physically. He will come to class with new bruises almost every day. It makes me mad because I know I can help him. So, I start following him everywhere. To protect him. Then, one day I realize... I've been doing it wrong. I am not suppose to stand up for him. Kihyun is supposed to stand up for himself. So, I stopped coddling him. He gets hurt, yes. But, he learned how to stand up for himself"

"What are you trying to say? I'm coddling him? Even if I do, there is nothing wrong with that. His family treats him like he is a failed pharmaceutical product all his life. Chae Hyungwon deserve a better treatment"

"I know that. But, until when you are going to let these people controlling his life when they never actually in his life before?" 

Minhyuk have nothing to say. 

"I want to fight for him, Minhyuk. No, I will fight for him..." Hoseok said as he observes Minhyuk expression, "... and he will get hurt, that's for sure. What I want to know is, will you be there for him? Because he probably gonna hate me for what I do. So, I want to know... if things happened, if things went out of control... can you make him stay?"

Minhyuk exhales a heavy breath, he hugged Chessa tighter. He didn't say anything back because his mind suddenly becomes overloaded with thought. Hoseok is right. These people, the JJ Group were never in Hyungwon life before, but why they suddenly have so much authority in his life today. If Hyungwon's late father decided to make him his heir and successor, who are they to stop that from happening?. He wants this bully to stop, but he isn't very sure how either. So, he didn't say anything.